The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Transmutation Gem Vendor

• Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    I came here thinking that it would be such a great idea to have a vendor that we can BUY things FROM using Transmutation Stones - how disappointed I am that the thread isn't about that at all :(

But that's my suggestion anyways :) Let us use the hundreds of excess Transmutation Stones, that many of us have to purchase in-game items.
    Be it furniture, armour, potions, food, siege - I really wouldn't mind. But having inventories full of unopened geodes on all of my characters truly is very annoying, even with the extra limit from ESO+

you actually have excess stones? what sorcery is this?
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozby wrote: »
    dtsharples wrote: »
    I came here thinking that it would be such a great idea to have a vendor that we can BUY things FROM using Transmutation Stones - how disappointed I am that the thread isn't about that at all :(

But that's my suggestion anyways :) Let us use the hundreds of excess Transmutation Stones, that many of us have to purchase in-game items.
    Be it furniture, armour, potions, food, siege - I really wouldn't mind. But having inventories full of unopened geodes on all of my characters truly is very annoying, even with the extra limit from ESO+

you actually have excess stones? what sorcery is this?

PvP ers love PvP, they can do zergs, ganking, pretty much anything they want that Grant's them AP (which is what they like to do) and they gain stones. So the gain is passive as in they dont have to do anything extra to get AP. PvEers enjoy raids, dungeons and RP. But the things they enjoy give an abysmal amount of Transmutes, which is why all PvPers have more transmutes than they know what to do with and PvErs always lack them. Noone in endgame PvE likes grinding dungeons. We love trials...we dont get nearly enough stones to support all the gear we need, especially with how often we have to retrait.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    It’s not a thing because ZOS wants you running content to obtain gear ... not buying gear at the guild stores and changing the trait on a whim.

Don’t Like PvP?

You don’t have to do it ...

There are still transmute rewards for PvE.

This. Zos has avoided tokens for gear outside of one unique and solitary instance. Zos also wants people to play the game to gain the crystals and gave us many ways to gain them.

I think OP is being a little dramatic in their post. Even if you do the PvP thing as many do, it is laughably easy to get to tier 1 reward on a character, and fast to get all characters to that point.

Id be fine with system being the same as it is currently, except that every 30 days i would get 50 stones per character that i PvE with...like if that was possible id be all for it. As you said 1 hr in PvP and you get 50 stones in 30 days. What type of PvE can i do to get the same or even close to the same results? Make trial coffers give 25 transmute stones and Ill be happy with it

If you do a random dungeon everyday, you will end up with 50 stones by the end of the month for sure. More if you do pledges.

One thing people are forgetting is that the reason these stones are more available in PvP is that PvE players are expected to run the content for the gear with the trait they want. This was a bone thrown at PvPers so they wouldn't have to do so much PvE.

Like i said I'd like the reward per time spent to be on par...you are assuming PvErs want to run dungeons

Well, I am a PvEr that runs dungeons, very leisurely, and I have enough stones for what I need. What content are you running that you are not getting the gear you want in the trait you want, and do you actually need that gear in that content?

If it really only takes you 30 minutes to get enough AP to get the transmute coffer, than that's not really a huge sacrifice, is it? Or you could take the slower road and run content you enjoy instead. It's your choice.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozby wrote: »
    It’s not a thing because ZOS wants you running content to obtain gear ... not buying gear at the guild stores and changing the trait on a whim.

Don’t Like PvP?

is there a PVE activity that rewards you 50 crystals? and that's just 20 mins on one character maybe quicker for some players.

No, but at least the option is there for you.

The “one dungeon a day” approach mentioned above will generally reward other things besides transmute stones (undaunted keys, gear, laurels, etc.).

PvP players only receive gold and gear pieces for end of campaign (in addition to transmute stones) ... and only if they are in the top tiers of their Alliance.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on March 14, 2019 3:15PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Don’t Like PvP?

This. Zos has avoided tokens for gear outside of one unique and solitary instance. Zos also wants people to play the game to gain the crystals and gave us many ways to gain them.

I think OP is being a little dramatic in their post. Even if you do the PvP thing as many do, it is laughably easy to get to tier 1 reward on a character, and fast to get all characters to that point.

Id be fine with system being the same as it is currently, except that every 30 days i would get 50 stones per character that i PvE with...like if that was possible id be all for it. As you said 1 hr in PvP and you get 50 stones in 30 days. What type of PvE can i do to get the same or even close to the same results? Make trial coffers give 25 transmute stones and Ill be happy with it

If you do a random dungeon everyday, you will end up with 50 stones by the end of the month for sure. More if you do pledges.

One thing people are forgetting is that the reason these stones are more available in PvP is that PvE players are expected to run the content for the gear with the trait they want. This was a bone thrown at PvPers so they wouldn't have to do so much PvE.

Like i said I'd like the reward per time spent to be on par...you are assuming PvErs want to run dungeons

Well, I am a PvEr that runs dungeons, very leisurely, and I have enough stones for what I need. What content are you running that you are not getting the gear you want in the trait you want, and do you actually need that gear in that content?

If it really only takes you 30 minutes to get enough AP to get the transmute coffer, than that's not really a huge sacrifice, is it? Or you could take the slower road and run content you enjoy instead. It's your choice.

Competitive endgame PvE players usually mostly only raid. This content does not produce enough transmute stones to trait change the multitude of sets used in endgame. With each patch constantly altering what is meta, new gear sets or existing weapon traits must be transmuted. I use on average 10-15 transmutes per patch and that's if I dont theorycraft. If you count that then it's definitely more. That's a lot of stones. If trial coffers gave 25 stones or at the very least 15 and dungeons gave a steady 5 transmuted, that would fix the issue for most endgame players.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Competitive endgame PvE players usually mostly only raid. This content does not produce enough transmute stones to trait change the multitude of sets used in endgame. With each patch constantly altering what is meta, new gear sets or existing weapon traits must be transmuted. I use on average 10-15 transmutes per patch and that's if I dont theorycraft. If you count that then it's definitely more. That's a lot of stones. If trial coffers gave 25 stones or at the very least 15 and dungeons gave a steady 5 transmuted, that would fix the issue for most endgame players.

It would also help players that don't believe in "endgame" and enjoy the occasional dungeon or trial. It'd make it considerably less onerous to attempt to, say, retrait jewelry in particular. It's jewelry that really made me miffed about this whole process and gating crystals behind PvP and group PvE content only. Jewelry only drops in one trait. If you want to experiment with any other trait, you HAVE to retrait. I just kind of gave up on using swift trait on my thief because it is too hard for me to retrait anything. Or retraiting any jewelry on any of my other characters either. XD
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Competitive endgame PvE players usually mostly only raid. This content does not produce enough transmute stones to trait change the multitude of sets used in endgame.

So, instead of a silly crystal vendor which frankly is a ridiculous idea, what you really want is for @ZOS_Finn to give trials better repeatability of crystal rewards, instead of having it locked to once per character, per week. The way vet arenas reward a set number of crystals per run--without any sort of character or weekly restriction--makes more sense and is how trials should reward crystals.
    Edited by code65536 on March 14, 2019 5:29PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Competitive endgame PvE players usually mostly only raid. This content does not produce enough transmute stones to trait change the multitude of sets used in endgame.

So, instead of a silly crystal vendor which frankly is a ridiculous idea, what you really want is for @ZOS_Finn to give trials better repeatability of crystal rewards, instead of having it locked to once per character, per week. The way vet arenas reward a set number of crystals per run--without any sort of character or weekly restriction--makes more sense and is how trials should reward crystals.

That would definitely work:)
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EdoKeledus wrote: »
    Another PvEers complaining about how he/she is forced to play PvP, it's really disappointing.

Yesterday Cyrodiil's Skyshards.
    Today Transmutation Gem.
    Tomorrow Emperor Title ?

Not Emperor title but the new Empieror title added to the Jester's Festival with new achievements. Apparently there will be pie throwing and there is an achievement and title for doing so within Cyrodil. It is already in the achievement list in-game on PC for the curious.

I can already imagine the many complaints once it goes live. Everything from "why add PVP to a PVE event" to "these PVE pie throwers are making PVP unplayable"

no way :D dam people will be outrages XD ZOS clearly havent got a clue about their game and what their palyer base actualy wants.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because they fall like raindrops in Cyrodiil
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The intent is that players get transmute stones from the content they actually enjoy AND that the amount of transmute stones is low enough that players use them as a last resort.

So PVE players, who presumably enjoy running the content that gets them more chances at getting the item they want anyway, get fewer stones. While PVPers, who don't generally enjoy running dungeons and trials (nor do many PVEers enjoy running with them, judging by complaint threads) get more stones by doing PVP so they have to do less runs.

Last time I ran for PVP gear:

It took 30 runs of Darkshade Caverns ro get 5 impen pieces of automaton, only transmuting 1 of them.

It took 5 or 6 runs of Falkreach Hold to get 5 pieces of Pillar of Nirn, transmuting all of them.

So I like dungeons well enough, but the system is definitely designed to supplement grinding, not replace it.
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 14, 2019 7:22PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The intent is that players get transmute stones from the cobtent they axtually enjoy AND that the amount of transmute stones is low enough that players use them as a last resort.

So PVE players, who presumably enjoy running the content that gets them more chances at getting the item they want anyway, get fewer stones. While PVPers, who don't generally enjoy running dungeons and trials (nor do many PVEers enjoy running with them, judging by complaint threads) get more stones by doing PVP so they have to do less runs.

It took 30 runs of Darkshade Caverns ro get 5 impen pieces of automaton, only transmuting 1 of them.

It took 5 or 6 runs of Falkreach Hold to get 5 pieces of Pillar of Nirn, transmuting all of them.

The assumption that endgame players farm fir gear for fun is false...I doubt pve ers enjoy it any more than PvErs...but that's been my experience at least.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The intent is that players get transmute stones from the cobtent they axtually enjoy AND that the amount of transmute stones is low enough that players use them as a last resort.

The assumption that endgame players farm fir gear for fun is false...I doubt pve ers enjoy it any more than PvErs...but that's been my experience at least.

Whether or not you do it for fun is immaterial.

PVE players presumably run dungeons/trials run often than PVPers, amd thus have more chances to get the desired gear drop in the first place.

Can I just say that I find it truly sad to hear people saying that PVE players don't even enjoy doing the content they can grind to get transmute stones or gear? I understand PVE players griping about PVP, but griping about having to play PVE in order to get their PVE gear? What?

I mean, I love to PVP, and I'm thrilled that for the time I put into a 30 day campaign (at its peak, I played several hours a night 2 or 3 times I week) I can get the stones I need to transmute gear from PVE. Remember, it took several campaigns worth of stones/lots of Rewards of the Worthy to transmute all 5 of my Pillars of Nirn pieces gotten from running with friends at once - that was 250 transmute stones and I'd accumulated that over time.

On the other hand, I also enjoy dungeons, so PUGing DarkShade Caverns 30 times was...kind of a pain, but not horrid. Certainly, it fit the bill for ZOS' desire that that transmute stones don't replace the grind for items, but serve as a last resort.

Like seriously, if you don't enjoy playing PVE content to get your transmute stones slowly with a chance to get the gear you want, or enjoy doing a little bit of PVP to get a windfall of stones once per month, what are you doing? ZOS doesnt intend us to get lots of stones whenever we want to change gear as often as we want. That isn't going to change.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PVE players presumably run dungeons/trials run often than PVPers, amd thus have more chances to get the desired gear drop in the first place.

Can I just say that I find it truly sad to hear people saying that PVE players don't even enjoy doing the content they can grind to get transmute stones or gear? I understand PVE players griping about PVP, but griping about having to play PVE in order to get their PVE gear? What?

I mean, I love to PVP, and I'm thrilled that for the time I put into a 30 day campaign (at its peak, I played several hours a night 2 or 3 times I week) I can get the stones I need to transmute gear from PVE. Remember, it took several campaigns worth of stones/lots of Rewards of the Worthy to transmute all 5 of my Pillars of Nirn pieces gotten from running with friends at once - that was 250 transmute stones and I'd accumulated that over time.

On the other hand, I also enjoy dungeons, so PUGing DarkShade Caverns 30 times was...kind of a pain, but not horrid. Certainly, it fit the bill for ZOS' desire that that transmute stones don't replace the grind for items, but serve as a last resort.

Like seriously, if you don't enjoy playing PVE content to get your transmute stones slowly with a chance to get the gear you want, or enjoy doing a little bit of PVP to get a windfall of stones once per month, what are you doing? ZOS doesnt intend us to get lots of stones whenever we want to change gear as often as we want. That isn't going to change.

We enjoy relevant content - trials. We dont enjoy running content that's been out since beta, but then again I dont think anyone does. If trials gave a means to earn as much transmutes as PVP I would have no issue, but as it stands, for me to get 50 stones on a single toon in one month is not possible doing trials. I have to do dungeons and hope I get stones from them which usually ends up being 1-3 on average. If trial coffers gave 15 stones (per week) and dungeons gave 5 per completion, that alone would fix things.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We enjoy relevant content - trials. We dont enjoy running content that's been out since beta, but then again I dont think anyone does. If trials gave a means to earn as much transmutes as PVP I would have no issue, but as it stands, for me to get 50 stones on a single toon in one month is not possible doing trials. I have to do dungeons and hope I get stones from them which usually ends up being 1-3 on average. If trial coffers gave 15 stones (per week) and dungeons gave 5 per completion, that alone would fix things.

Until (or even if) the drop rate for crystals is increased, I recommend doing at least the 30 day campaign. It's not so bad when you get it out of the way. You don't need a super OP build, in fact, some weird crazy fun and easy to make builds thrive in PvP.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just do a couple of normal trial per week with my guild and im basicly swimming in geode
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    The PVP people get easier access to transmute crystals because they dont pve as much and dont want to be "forced" to run dungeons to get pvp gear.

IMO PvPers need more transmute crystals and we were getting them fine from the rewards mail (1 gold geode guaranteed per toon per day, till non-pvpers had a cry, now it's 1 per account per day guaranteed)

PvE builds change like once every 3 months maybe. I haven't really had to update my 2 dps toons much at all. Tanks and healers do have quite a few sets i guess...

Meanwhile my PvP toons... you constantly want to test small differences between sets and traits... you are more likely to completely retrait jewelry
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict we'll see transmute stones in the crown store someday.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EdoKeledus wrote: »
    Another PvEers complaining about how he/she is forced to play PvP, it's really disappointing.

Yesterday Cyrodiil's Skyshards.
    Today Transmutation Gem.
    Tomorrow Emperor Title ?

How is it dissapointing? I've PvPed alot in this game, I just don't find the meta very fun, especially with all the lag. Give me a good argument that it's a bad thing to be able to push gold out of the game, and receive transmutation gems in return? Its nothing but a genius gold sink.
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Support this so much. Takes 20 min to get T1s on a character or I can spam vma for like 8 hours to get the same amount of stones, yeah seems like that's balanced.
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undefwun wrote: »
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    The PVP people get easier access to transmute crystals because they dont pve as much and dont want to be "forced" to run dungeons to get pvp gear.

IMO PvPers need more transmute crystals and we were getting them fine from the rewards mail (1 gold geode guaranteed per toon per day, till non-pvpers had a cry, now it's 1 per account per day guaranteed)

PvE builds change like once every 3 months maybe. I haven't really had to update my 2 dps toons much at all. Tanks and healers do have quite a few sets i guess...

Meanwhile my PvP toons... you constantly want to test small differences between sets and traits... you are more likely to completely retrait jewelry

Er, chalk me up as a PVPer who complained to ZOS about that unintended bug.

See, I think there's something wrong when my level 5 khajiit who's never even been to Cyrodiil is getting gold geodes from Rewards she can't even earn yet. There's something messed up about earning 5 RotW on one character, then opening them on 5 different characters to get 5 gold geodes guaranteed.

Now, I wasn't a fan of ZOS' solution, as it really needed to be "One gold geode guaranteed per every toon who earns a reward of the worthy that day", but they solved it how they wanted to...and I can't say I'm not still swimming in transmute stones through the course of regular PVP.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the backlash from this thread

All you pvpers telling the pvers to suck it and just grind the t1 for 50 Crystal's, just a huge lol

If it was the opposite and dungeons and trials gave you a ton of Crystal's while rotw and end of campaign rewards only gave you like 2 or 3, we would hear so many more complaints, so much more

No end game pver likes to run old dungeons over and over again. Its stale, boring and not worth the time. The amount of Crystal's you get per time spent is laughable.

We run trials but the coffers only reward 5 per week

No pve activity is worth the time compared to rotw and end of rewards campaign. It takes 20 to 30 min, maybe longer if your alliance isnt putting in work or the campaign is dead because of odd hours

And yes, I'm one of those pve guys who zerg surfs, doesnt help with fights ( I crouch or cloak) and I most certainly dont help with sieging. I am a complete leech. I will repair cause that adds to the AP gain but that's about it

People argue it encourages pve players to try pvp. You only have to pvp once to see if it's for you, so you either love it, or you hate it. After that, it doesnt matter

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »

All you pvpers telling the pvers to suck it and just grind the t1 for 50 Crystal's, just a huge lol

If it was the opposite and dungeons and trials gave you a ton of Crystal's while rotw and end of campaign rewards only gave you like 2 or 3, we would hear so many more complaints, so much more

No end game pver likes to run old dungeons over and over again. Its stale, boring and not worth the time. The amount of Crystal's you get per time spent is laughable.

No pve activity is worth the time compared to rotw and end of rewards campaign. It takes 20 to 30 min, maybe longer if your alliance isnt putting in work or the campaign is dead because of odd hours

And yes, I'm one of those pve guys who zerg surfs, doesnt help with fights ( I crouch or cloak) and I most certainly dont help with sieging. I am a complete leech. I will repair cause that adds to the AP gain but that's about it

People argue it encourages pve players to try pvp. You only have to pvp once to see if it's for you, so you either love it, or you hate it. After that, it doesnt matter

So this thread basically boils down to...

"ZOS, I don't want to play your content over and over again to get the gear I want. I don't want to play your content over and over to grind for the transmute stones I want. And I dislike having to play PVP so I can get more transmute stones faster."

ZOS, effectively: "Have you considered that getting you to play our content over and over again, whether you like it or not, is a feature and not a bug? Oh, and you'll do PVP to get more stones? Mmm, working as intended. Welcome to the grind!"

Everything ZOS does from transmute stones to shaking up the meta every update is designed to make meta followers chase the carrot of the meta every update and keep grinding away at ESO. No, it doesn't benefit ZOS to just hand you more stones for doing PVE content to change your gear because that allows you to shortcut the grind. The longer you grind away, the longer you play the game whether you enjoy it or not...over the entire playerbase ZOS has determine that's more profit than otherwise.

And the benefits for ZOS getting more players into PVP have little to do with whether you personally like it or not. Primarily, ZOS balances PVP and PVE together, so they benefit from a playerbase with some exerience in both.

Seriously, why would it profit ZOS to give PVE players more transmute stones compared to the benefits ZOS derives from expecting you to grind PVE content for gear/stones or play PVP for more stones?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"ZOS, I don't want to play your content over and over again to get the gear I want. I don't want to play your content over and over to grind for the transmute stones I want. And I dislike having to play PVP so I can get more transmute stones faster."

ZOS, effectively: "Have you considered that getting you to play our content over and over again, whether you like it or not, is a feature and not a bug? Oh, and you'll do PVP to get more stones? Mmm, working as intended. Welcome to the grind!"

Everything ZOS does from transmute stones to shaking up the meta every update is designed to make meta followers chase the carrot of the meta every update and keep grinding away at ESO. No, it doesn't benefit ZOS to just hand you more stones for doing PVE content to change your gear because that allows you to shortcut the grind. The longer you grind away, the longer you play the game whether you enjoy it or not...over the entire playerbase ZOS has determine that's more profit than otherwise.

And the benefits for ZOS getting more players into PVP have little to do with whether you personally like it or not. Primarily, ZOS balances PVP and PVE together, so they benefit from a playerbase with some exerience in both.

Seriously, why would it profit ZOS to give PVE players more transmute stones compared to the benefits ZOS derives from expecting you to grind PVE content for gear/stones or play PVP for more stones?

I hope you spend 300 keys grinding for the right shoulder the next time you need one
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Players who do not grind exist. Just posted in another thread that my definition of useless set are those bind-on-pickup sets that drop from trials, arenas, and dungeons. Why are they useless to me? Because I'm one of those players who refuses to grind. The exceptions I make to this are rare. Adding more transmute stones to 4-person dungeons - and especially adding a chance of obtaining them to non-group content - would actually incentivize someone like me to run group content more. I would have reason to try and get bind-on-pickup sets because it would be reasonable to attempt to collect them in the first place. It wouldn't feel like a lost cause.

Put another way, it's misguided of the developers to assume that players will smash their faces into pavement repeatedly (yes, that's how I feel about grinding) to obtain something. For some like me, putting up those roadblocks just means we don't do the content at all, or do so rarely.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've transmuted more than 100 items thanks to the Geode drops from PvP. Like many PvPers, I've run out of things to transmute, I'm at max crystals once again, and I'm running out of room to hold more Geodes (I think I have another 400-500 crystals in uncracked Geodes).

I agree that the distribution of crystal drops between PvP and PvE is unbalanced. On one hand, avid PvPers are deleting excess crystals, while on the other hand, avid PvErs are struggling to obtain enough to optimize a handful of items.

Vet content should drop more crystals, and vet HM content should drop a lot more.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »

Players who do not grind exist. Just posted in another thread that my definition of useless set are those bind-on-pickup sets that drop from trials, arenas, and dungeons. Why are they useless to me? Because I'm one of those players who refuses to grind. The exceptions I make to this are rare. Adding more transmute stones to 4-person dungeons - and especially adding a chance of obtaining them to non-group content - would actually incentivize someone like me to run group content more. I would have reason to try and get bind-on-pickup sets because it would be reasonable to attempt to collect them in the first place. It wouldn't feel like a lost cause.

Put another way, it's misguided of the developers to assume that players will smash their faces into pavement repeatedly (yes, that's how I feel about grinding) to obtain something. For some like me, putting up those roadblocks just means we don't do the content at all, or do so rarely.
    It's also perfectly possible to run those sets without really grinding. I've cranked through dungeons repeatedly for a specific piece of gear twice : bone pirate 1 hander and lich restoration staff. But I have and run a lot more sets than that. I've run dungeons multiple times, but across different characters for the skill points, for undaunted rank, to learn different roles, and to improve my own understanding and performance. The same is true for trials. Yes, I do transmute items, but I will often make do with a sub par trait until later. The set is still perfectly usable in most content. You're making Bop sets into a lost cause for yourself, that's not intrinsic.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be honest, I clicked on this thread hoping it would be about a vendor who sold things like outfit pages or other goodies for transmute crystals.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope you spend 300 keys grinding for the right shoulder the next time you need one

And if I do...that's working as intended from ZOS' perspective. Either you grind for the Undaunted Keys, however long that takes, or you wait for the Golden Vendor, however long that takes (just over a year for Earthgore shoulders, IIIRC).
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be honest, I clicked on this thread hoping it would be about a vendor who sold things like outfit pages or other goodies for transmute crystals.

LOL finally an idea to use up my excess crystals instead of just deleting them...yes I’m to lazy to do the Nirn “thing”lol