Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Overload actually best ultimate in game

• RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol double post wtf
    Edited by RebornV3x on March 13, 2019 5:05AM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the things You're doing with overload You could do better without it. Overload is possibly the most nerfed ultimate in the game and nowhere near to be called the best. This ult currently is left just with the 1 adventage over other ultimates that You can actively spend all ultimate points You've charged over its cost instead of wasting some of it if You have more ulti charged then certain ultimate cost is. It's nice adventage but not enough to make overload even near to calling it decent or very strong not mentioning the best.

Edited by Juhasow on March 13, 2019 5:39AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issue is too many restrictions on overload.

The range is bad.

The hard to hit and low damage when successful.

Doesn't go with flow of combat

Loses weapon enchant

Is exception to a lot of sets in game.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Most of the things You're doing with overload You could do better without it. Overload is possibly the most nerfed ultimate in the game and nowhere near to be called the best. This ult currently is left just with the 1 adventage over other ultimates that You can actively spend all ultimate points You've charged over its cost instead of wasting some of it if You have more ulti charged then certain ultimate cost is. It's nice adventage but not enough to make overload even near to calling it decent or very strong not mentioning the best.

Explain in more detail please if you could. Especially your first two sentences. Which things could be done better without overload and more importantly, how?

• Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illuvatarr why are you trolling? Seriously if Overload was overpowered, especially with that build, why isn't it the meta for sorcerers?
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Partially trolling, part not. Everything I said above is true. I think the bugs should be repaired with the skill, it should cost less ultimate per tick and shot, it should be up at all times and you should gain ultimate still while it is up and the shots should not be reflectable in melee range. The damage it does when weaved is borderline absurd(so the calls to add damage to it are not warranted in my opinion) but it needs to work properly.
    Edited by Illuvatarr on March 13, 2019 10:35AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illuvatarr wrote: »
    1) overload can be single tapped to mimic dawnbreaker and time with other burst. Held down to do more damage
    2) it allows for magicka regain per tick and per shot and when combined with cyrodills light set can be used to recast mines for free
    3) the burst dps it allows you to do at range is sick. Further, it allows for free pressure dps in interim before burst pops with curse.
    4) it actually is a perfect compliment to spell strategist, elegance and other dps sets.
    5) the problems with it are due to bugs, not the spell itself. Weaving it in as you would for normal light attacks is what you should be doing. Not casting it independently.
    6) when timed correctly with mag sorc burst is arguably if not definitely the highest burst damage available to any class in game.

I mean, yeah, in PvE it's fine. But in PvP where you're fighting enemies who actually have brains then it's pretty bad.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If overloard worked better it would actually help with ever popular complaint with sorc sustain issues. Does go with the flow of combat currently in regards to pve and needs more damage in pvp (niche sets shouldn't be only way to use this set)
    Edited by Tasear on March 13, 2019 8:58PM
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 things that could be done that would make overload usable. 1) take light attacks off the global cooldown, so weaving is reasonable and fluid 2) shorten/remove/make better the animation to get into overload.

More than anything, clunky use is the main problem.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Partially trolling, part not. Everything I said above is true. I think the bugs should be repaired with the skill, it should cost less ultimate per tick and shot, it should be up at all times and you should gain ultimate still while it is up and the shots should not be reflectable in melee range. The damage it does when weaved is borderline absurd(so the calls to add damage to it are not warranted in my opinion) but it needs to work properly.

So you actually think that the skill needs huge buffs and at the same time calling it OP. How exactly does that make sense?
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you're all wrong and not using it properly. It has it's place in PVP. It works very well still because of the cheap ulti cost.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    they need to rework this skill. starting by fluidity
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    2 things that could be done that would make overload usable. 1) take light attacks off the global cooldown, so weaving is reasonable and fluid 2) shorten/remove/make better the animation to get into overload.

More than anything, clunky use is the main problem.

could u explain me more about it (light atk in global cooldown)? i was "feeling" this same thing, but i from console and i dont have a good way to test it. if u can help me and give me a little explanation, it would be amazing
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »
    Illuvatarr why are you trolling? Seriously if Overload was overpowered, especially with that build, why isn't it the meta for sorcerers?
    pieratsos wrote: »

So you actually think that the skill needs huge buffs and at the same time calling it OP. How exactly does that make sense?

Not sure where your assumptions are coming from. It doesn’t need buffs, it needs to work properly and it needs to work like every other ultimate in the game. It doesn’t need a damage buff for sure if it is intended to be woven.
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was as fluid as an actual light attack it very well could be. But it's very glitchy, has poor targeting, and easily counterable. I still try implementing it into by PvP setup but it causes more trouble then it's worth.
  • Pelican
    Pelican
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try storm atro and you will be able to prove yourself wrong.
    PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
    https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the part that pieratsos was referring to. Those are major buffs. Reducing the cost, Making it non reflectable and being able to gain ultimate would classify as buffs. Heck even huge buffs.

But I agree and I really would love for this ultimate to be good. And all those things I think it needs.

I think this is my idea. That the ultimate should take whatever amount of ultimate you have all away at ONCE. BUUUUT starting at a minimum of 60-75 and give say 1 shot per 15 ultimate. So it could be cast early at 60-75 so it has synergy with certain sets in game. And it's an ultimate so it SHOULD not be reflectable or absorbed. But it would scale all the way up to 500 ultimate. So it would be a stacking cost ultimate and would help greatly with sorc sustain. Hopefully at that price the cost vs damage would line up with atro/destro ultimate for pure single target. It should be the best for pure single target