Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Overload actually best ultimate in game

Illuvatarr
Illuvatarr
✭✭✭✭✭
Prove me wrong:)
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not considered a ultimate by master architect set....so it aint a real ult :trollface:

not gona mention the reflecting of LA by DK wings, SnB reflect or SnB ult ...
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fire your overload off and I'm going to go make a cup of coffee. If it still hasn't hit me by the time I get back then I've made my point ;)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.o I would like to know why you even be think so?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illuvatarr wrote: »

Prove me right first.
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Entirely subjective.

Do I win a prize?
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭

Been on the receiving end of your heavy OL attacks...not fun. First time it happened I was trying to figured out wtf the sound was. Really hard to recognize it during a group fight when you're not expecting it.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum do necro/elegance and try it out) if you really want to be obnoxious do a pet build with blockade, aegis, mines and elegance/might of the lost legion.
  • JediCodyTwitter
    JediCodyTwitter
    Soul Shriven
    It's the best because it is Force Lightning.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    53077767d20b4adc77a3d8760fb591e410297ae18dbcaedcb628f01148d7e148.jpg
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you could sub in Cyros light.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overload is a trash-tier ultimate for the most part in PVP, I've tried it with necro and spinner as well as necro and elegance.

The heavy attack doesn't do all that much, and the light attacks only hit when your opponent is CCed.

It supresses ultimate gain, making sets like bloodspawn useless (one of the best sorcerers PVP set in the game arguably).

The lightning destro ultimate is probably better than overload heavy in every significant way.

Basically, it works for mashing terrible potato players, but then again so will just about everything else. You only get two ultimates, this probably shouldn't be one of them.
    Edited by Minalan on March 12, 2019 3:39PM
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    It's the best because it is Force Lightning.

Yeah that's pretty cool, and you don't even need an enemy to use it. Just point it anywhere and UNLIMITED POWAAAAAH
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sanctum do necro/elegance and try it out) if you really want to be obnoxious do a pet build with blockade, aegis, mines and elegance/might of the lost legion.

Back in the day the overload builds were pretty op, but they've reduced the damage and travel time so much that they are not as effective anymore, but still pack a punch when it does land.

I've tried pet builds, sniping, ganking, as well as various proc set builds and it always ends the same. I play it for an hour or two then I end up feeling guilty and go back to a more traditional set up.

I've had my mag nb gold geared up with callurions, sloads, and skoria for the past 2 months and I just can't bring myself to use it. Idk maybe this weekend I'll finally try it out >:)
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You were supposed to say: "change my mind"
  • mazeikeen
    mazeikeen
    ✭✭✭
    Does it look cool? Sure.

Is it the best? Gods no.

Is it the second best? Nope.

Third?? Nah.

Are you noticing a pattern yet? Lol.

In all seriousness, the third bar was the only reason I used overload over other ults. Ever since they took that away, there's just no point for me. Really sad, since I had a lot of fun using it. Just not a realistic option for me anymore.
    XBOX-NA / PC-NA
    Covenant at heart.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually found a use for Overload the other night, duoing Vaults of Madness with a tank. I didn't want to die to the first boss, so didn't want to use DoTs on him. Since it was early in the dungeon, there was no problem having all 500 points of ultimate saved up, and the first 283 of those have NO use other than to be spent on Overload.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on March 12, 2019 4:53PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Define "best" ...
    rolleyes.gif

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

FD is much better, cheaper and has some cool passives attached... And it is the bad morph of Dawnbreaker
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) overload can be single tapped to mimic dawnbreaker and time with other burst. Held down to do more damage
    2) it allows for magicka regain per tick and per shot and when combined with cyrodills light set can be used to recast mines for free
    3) the burst dps it allows you to do at range is sick. Further, it allows for free pressure dps in interim before burst pops with curse.
    4) it actually is a perfect compliment to spell strategist, elegance and other dps sets.
    5) the problems with it are due to bugs, not the spell itself. Weaving it in as you would for normal light attacks is what you should be doing. Not casting it independently.
    6) when timed correctly with mag sorc burst is arguably if not definitely the highest burst damage available to any class in game.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not considered a ultimate by master architect set....so it aint a real ult :trollface:

not gona mention the reflecting of LA by DK wings, SnB reflect or SnB ult ...

Play like a real pro and use Overload heavy attacks to melt enemies down, especially in PvP!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laughs in Dragonknight
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    Laughs in Dragonknight

Yes, please sorcerers, please use overload. Don't use atro or dawnbreaker

This message brought to you by the Magicka dragon knight players of ESO.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you think that setup is good now, imagine what it was like with 50% more damage and 1000 ultimate.

It's a broken shell of Its former self.

But enjoy if you can
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Overload heavy attack + Auroran + Illambris + Mad Tinkerer= don't be directly in front of a MagSorc when he's defending a keep.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to see it in action. Anyone got some clips?
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You were supposed to say: "change my mind"

Haha. Clever Hans:)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clever_Hans

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Overload looks strong but there's a bug which prevents you from doing heavy or light attacks after using Overload so it's probably a dead ultimate until this is fixed.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha I agree with you, people just haven't used it correctly.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy Attack is incredibly strong. Do people even check the tooltips? I've deleted whole zergs (of bads) when they are distracted by a tank! They don't even know what's going on, LOL, because they are expecting EOTS.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol Overload is trash now you might kill someone if there AFK for too long thats about it overload is useless against anyone that knows how to use a keyboard or controller the only time I see anyone die to Overload is if the Mag Sorc is in a big zerg and happens to get a hit on someone with low health already.
    Edited by RebornV3x on March 13, 2019 5:05AM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.