The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Disappointed in how easy the Wrathstone Vet dungeons are.

• Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva what was the group makeup and their builds.... How many CP did they have and how skilled were they.....

Also are you a difficulty of a vet dungeon on just its first run?
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    I mean have they released any 4 man content that’s truly “hard”?

vBRP is the hardest 4 man content out (virtually non-puggable) but once you have enough experience it becomes relatively easy and can be done in 45 minutes or less.

We’ll never get back those old days of only a select few completing vWGT and vICP. The game caters towards casuals solely now.

Or, or just hear me on this.... they have better builds and CP

Run it with a naked pug then get back to me on easy. Stupid elitists....
    Edited by Digiman on March 13, 2019 2:37PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I spent an hour and half in the one with the big giant hunger first boss. Did not find it easy. At all. After the seventeenth try at the multiplying king boss and the group getting snarky with each other I had enough and left. Y’all forum guys are too OP.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

vBRP is the hardest 4 man content out (virtually non-puggable) but once you have enough experience it becomes relatively easy and can be done in 45 minutes or less.

We’ll never get back those old days of only a select few completing vWGT and vICP. The game caters towards casuals solely now.

if the game only catered to the elitist 1% they would have died, sorry ZOS knows that casuals are more likely to spend money then the 1%. not to mention there is more money to be made from causals then the 1% who want everything harder and harder.
    Your average "casual" buys the base game(maybe a costume for 750 crown), explores a bit and stays a burden with its unique resto-staff/bow build while your "1%" elitists provide builds, guides, addons and 3rd party websites to the game.
    Edited by Facefister on March 13, 2019 2:38PM
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Facefister wrote: »
    Ill be running it for the story, so to me the difficulty being more forgiving is a good thing.

So, why vet then? Afaik the story stays the same.
    Ill be running it for the story, so to me the difficulty being more forgiving is a good thing.

If you are running for the story, you comment has no relevance to the discussion. Normal is story mode. This thread is talking about vet.

And then AFTER the story run ill be doing them on Vet for achievement clears, in which i would be grateful they dont take me hours or multiple days of attempts like SotH or HotR did.
    Achievements are totally optional, and because of your low personal skill you would rather have them nerfed to the ground instead of improving.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, why vet then? Afaik the story stays the same.

If you are running for the story, you comment has no relevance to the discussion. Normal is story mode. This thread is talking about vet.

And then AFTER the story run ill be doing them on Vet for achievement clears, in which i would be grateful they dont take me hours or multiple days of attempts like SotH or HotR did.
    Achievements are totally optional, and because of your low personal skill you would rather have them nerfed to the ground instead of improving.

lol "my low personal skill"? Kay bud whatever you say.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why else you would celebrate the nerfs?
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if the game only catered to the elitist 1% they would have died, sorry ZOS knows that casuals are more likely to spend money then the 1%. not to mention there is more money to be made from causals then the 1% who want everything harder and harder.
    Your average "casual" buys the base game(maybe a costume for 750 crown), explores a bit and stays a burden with its unique resto-staff/bow build while your "1%" elitists provide builds, guides, addons and 3rd party websites to the game.

and you wonder why casuals know more? When you have guides and addons from 3rd party sites lol.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Def harder than any of the older dungeons.. this post is just a troll
    I say its easier than the dragon bone dungeons.
    They are dlc so obviously harder than the original.

It depend a lot on your group. I was in an good group and one knew the mechanic well.
    The dragon bone group was far worse who probably affect this.

Its an policy to make newer dlc not much harder and rater make HM an serious challenge.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    tactx wrote: »
    I just knew this post would be about DoM and not Frost Vault vet. Only runs 1 dungeon and titles it dungeons. Typical forum poster does 1 thing and instantly thinks they know everything else too. You should start nerf threads about all classes after only playing one as well so you truly fit in.

True enough, I titled it badly. I never claimed I knew everything, just that this dungeon is too easy for a vet DLC dungeon. Now...instead of personal attacks, maybe you should add something about the dungeons themselves? I will pug Frostvault tonight and update this thread with my view on that one.

Any update on your frostvault run or did you wiped so badly so you cant tell anymore what type of a Professional Player you are?
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    I just knew this post would be about DoM and not Frost Vault vet. Only runs 1 dungeon and titles it dungeons. Typical forum poster does 1 thing and instantly thinks they know everything else too. You should start nerf threads about all classes after only playing one as well so you truly fit in.

True enough, I titled it badly. I never claimed I knew everything, just that this dungeon is too easy for a vet DLC dungeon. Now...instead of personal attacks, maybe you should add something about the dungeons themselves? I will pug Frostvault tonight and update this thread with my view on that one.

Any update on your frostvault run or did you wiped so badly so you cant tell anymore what type of a Professional Player you are?

Yeah I mean it seems pretty common knowledge that Depths is SUPER easy and Frostvaults is rather difficult.
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @josiahva So?

Edited by tactx on March 13, 2019 4:10PM
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difficulty is nice. Endgame players got a bunch of hard content previously,
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭
    Def harder than any of the older dungeons.. this post is just a troll

QFT^
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    Gnozo wrote: »

Yeah I mean it seems pretty common knowledge that Depths is SUPER easy and Frostvaults is rather difficult.

Common knowledge is it? DoM is super easy? Is this the word on the street, or first hand experience? So you when you ran this the first time you had no trouble with the Scavenging Maw or King Narilmor?

There is so much trolling going on in this thread, and in the forums as a whole. I feel bad for people without much experience with the game who read this stuff and don’t know it for what it is.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -Scavenging Maw
    Don't stand in red circles, run in circles, burn
    -King Narilmar
    Stack and burn
    -Dark Orb
    Stack and burn

Only the last boss has a few more mechanics.
    Edited by Facefister on March 13, 2019 5:43PM
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Yoloswag420scopez (Max CP, gold meta gear) says it’s too easy, it’s probably just about right.

To be honest with you, I just scrolled back up to see if the OPs handle was really “Yoloswag420scopez”! Oof 🤣
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭
    -Scavenging Maw
    Don't stand in red circles, run in circles, burn
    -King Narilmar
    Stack and burn
    -Dark Orb
    Stack and burn

Only the last boss has a few more mechanics.

So the first time you did King Narilmor your tank knew that if he went all the way into the corner it would draw all the clones together? I’m trying to figure out how you did the stack and burn on this your first time.

This content is “easier” when you know the tricks, but it’s not easy. All you guys trying to pump up your balloon by saying this stuff is easy can give it a rest. I question how many of you even actually play the game.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was NOT disappointed when I heard Quintus' speaking to Tharayya at the entrance - he sounds like hes in a port-a-potty, or talking to her with two tin cans joined by a string - hilarious effect.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I attempted both of the new dungeons on vet with two different groups and never completed. They are plenty difficult for most players.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it seems that the game AND those "1% that provide builds and guides" failed miserably then as numbers for DLC dungeons/trials are abbysmal.
    Edited by MikaHR on March 14, 2019 9:04AM
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was NOT disappointed when I heard Quintus' speaking to Tharayya at the entrance - he sounds like hes in a port-a-potty, or talking to her with two tin cans joined by a string - hilarious effect.

When he trash talks her during that boss fight....probably the funniest Dad pun/joke of all time

To be honest, the Vet versions aren't that bad. I just had to fight through a few mechanics that weren't working properly.
    Edited by AbysmalGhul on March 14, 2019 9:15AM
  • emcardle660
    emcardle660
    ✭✭
    Finished both vet on console Tuesday when they were released, they're both definitely FAR easier than any other DLC dungeons when they were first released, doesn't feel like a lot of effort were put into them
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. They’re pretty weak. They’re fun with some neat mechanics but no real challenge.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pugged vDoM yesterday. It’s doable with a solid group, and that’s a good thing. I can imagine though that it becomes really easy once you have a good grasp of all the mechanics. The King Narilmor fight was a bit painful because the clones wouldn’t go into the corner although the tank was going there.

What I find more disturbing than the difficulty is that damage distribution is mostly still one shots (99k Wrecking Blows from the Stone Guardians, Auroran Fence), and that mechanics are recycled (really, another hunt? Another NPC fence with one shots?). Otherwise it was quite enjoyable.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So...I accidentally ran DoM on normal(as tank)...it was so easy I learned very little about the mechanics...everyone in the group was first time though...easy completion. I ran it again(pugging by the way) and remembered to select vet this time. We did wipe a couple times on the first boss...mainly because I was moving too much trying to avoid the poison spewing(then I just started meditating through 80% of it and had no problem at all) and a couple times on a couple of the other bosses, but it was a run with only me and one other guy having run through it once on normal with minimal mechanics knowledge and we passed it the first run through. The only other vet DLC dungeons I was able to pug first time through without trouble were the wolfhunter dungeons. I am really not impressed with the this trend. I remember when ICP and WGT came out...those were difficult for the time...and all the other DLC dungeons up to wolfhunter followed the same pattern...now they are trending to be too easy...vet DLC dungeons should take more practice than a single time through with a random pug. I have not yet tried Frostvault, but I suspect it will be the same story.

Here is the problem: Some of us dislike trials for various reasons(difficulty not being one of them). We enjoy difficult 4 man content, and aside from Blackrose and DSA, vet DLC dungeons used to be great content for us...now, not so much. An easy solution would be to make a 3rd difficulty tier for these dungeons with exclusive rewards of some type, the feeling I got from vDoM is that it was only marginally more difficult than vCoA, which would be fine if there was a 3rd difficulty tier, but without that, it feels like a letdown.

Like...hardmode?

All sarcasm aside, it would actually be nice if hard mode applied to the entire dungeon, rather than just the final boss.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i think normal dlc dungeons should be clearable by any pug cp 160+ without whiping more than 2 or 3 times

i think vet dlc dungeons should be clearable by any pug cp 500+ without whiping more than a couple times per boss

and then zos can always use vet hardmode with additional rewards for the best experienced players

but it simply does not make sense to lock vet dungeons behind a difficulty level that can only be cleared by pre made experience groups and exclude 80% of players that use mostly pugs... it doesn't make sense from a community stand point nor from a ecnonomics one

Why doesn't it make sense? Why do casuals need to clear vet content?

Monster helms, monster helms and monster helms. How many times do I have to say it in how many threads for you guys to get it?

Also, not everybody is a "casual". Some people are just hardcore about different aspects of the game than you.

Why do you need monster helms if you're only doing normal content? You barely even need gear for that.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. Vet Depths of Malatar is a fair challenge. If you want difficulty, try the Hardmode where you're taking a percentage of your max health in oblivion damage every couple seconds with a 95% defile. I think VDOM is on par with VFL in difficulty. Now if you were talking about VDOM being too easy to reward a skin, I'd agree wholeheartedly.

Frostvault is a different story, I'd compare that one to VMHK as it's very mechanic driven and the Hardmode requires serious teamwork.

You cannot base the difficulty of a new dungeon off the time you ran it with a pug. I ran it with my friends that I always run new Dungeons with and a simple vet clear was on par difficulty-wise with other DLC dungeons. I don't expect a crazy challenge going for a simple vet clear. I expect challenges for no death, speed and Hardmode clears.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Frostvault was pretty easy on vet. I have no problems going the entire dungeon without a single death on regular vet, but the hardmode is legit aids. Even though my group beat it after 4 days of trying for a few hours each day, I still think it's worse than Fang Lair hard mode because of the healing debuff they implement to make healers mandatory. I haven't done Malatar hard mode yet, but my friends say it's easier than Frostvault hard mode, which will be nice when I decide to give it a try.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |