The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

They are buffing pets too much

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh this is Sorc pets. The bear got a 30% reduction on its damage when Murkmire came out.

Don’t fight pets in pvp. Cc it and attack the mage, the Sorc dies quickly enough if all it has for skills are pets.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that necro won’t have pets pretty much invalidates your concern that it will sell the necro class lol. The necro class was highly requested by the player base itself, so if it sells well it’s because the players have wanted it for a long time.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    man people like OP are something else why even play the game everytime the sorcerer class becomes sort of good at something people cry nerf can we stop. it wouldn't be such a problem if ZOS didn't look at thread like this and think great idea Sorc pets are pretty garbage for PVP this is once again a L2P issue and pets seem to be the only viable endgame PVE spec now

I bet if ZOS deleted the Sorc class there would still be a nerf thread every week at least.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want pvp threads to get posted in the pvp forum.

*rolls eyes*
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think that I've ever read through a post about Sorcs (Pet or Direct Damage) that didn't involve people whining about them and saying that they need to be nerfed. Pet Sorcs have been underperforming for quite some time now, so it's nice to see that Zenimax has acknowledged and rectified the situation. With the current fixes in place, Pet Builds will once again be a viable choice for trials, and might actually be useful in PvP for more than just making it difficult for enemies to target you.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    Noone gives a damn about PvP.

Actually they screw me up pretty badly since pet shots eat up wings/shimmering very quickly and leave my dk/warden exposed. They also do a lot of damage if you're in medium, which is often the case for me lately.

PS: I have no idea how the latest bugs of double damage affects pets. I got nuked a few times by petsorcs this patch, but if its related to this bug or whatever then obviously complaining is meaningless.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 1, 2019 3:50AM
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because they nerf sorc to the underground.
    They didnt just nerf it to the ground.
    They nerf sorc to the underground.

At least pets can fight for their sorc master now.
  • Finder
    Finder
    ✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    This is allarming

I know Zenimax will need to sell the necromancer class, but making pets the best skills that you can bar makes for a poor strategy.

Stop buffing pets, they are hard to kill already.

Standard PvPer “I got killed by this, it’s overpowered” post.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering when the first nerf pet sorc posts are comming. :)

First of all, pets are really easy to kill and i mean way too easy. Secondly, that every sorc runs now the twillight has more to do with the nerf to healing ward since having no heal at all s****. I personally do not like the pet at all but the nerf forced me more or less to run it.

But i have to agree the twillight hits extreme hard, but on the other hand it can die and needs 2 bar slots.

If you think pets do not die easy, just try it out yourself in cyro. :smiley:
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    Pets are completely out of control in BGs. Groups with multiple sorcs and werewolves can have at least twice the number of pets as group members, and with maw of the infernal or an atronarch you can summon even more pets pretty frequently. A single sorc can have up to four targetable npcs, a few of them huge and easy to stand behind, in front or around them. This makes targeting about as easy as you'd expect due to ESO's soft targeting system. Something needs to change. No one should be able to summon up to four additional targets around them in a small scale pvp setting, preventing themselves and their team from being hit at all.

Right now, targeting is basically just a suggestion and without addons you can't be sure who you're targeting. You can have a target tab targeted, directly in your crosshairs, but still crit charge at a pet slightly off to the side because it's closer to you. Sorcs playing these builds know exactly what they're doing, and while it might be fun for them, not being able to target your opponents isn't very enjoyable to other players and when I run into these pet zoos I will usually just stop queueing. Problem is, there are a whole lot of pet sorcs these days.

This. It’s ridiculous,
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my pet sorc was buffed for 5k dps. From 35k to 40k on 3m parse (43k while Atro is up). Finaly i can say my dps is ok.

offtop:
    requesting option to hide other players pets rendering!
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    my pet sorc was buffed for 5k dps. From 35k to 40k on 3m parse (43k while Atro is up). Finaly i can say my dps is ok.

offtop:
    requesting option to hide other players pets rendering!

It'd be better for them to fix the targeting system because it seems inaccurate this patch. That or many skills are bugged. This time it's not just resto and lightning staff... :D
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finder wrote: »
    Skander wrote: »
    This is allarming

I know Zenimax will need to sell the necromancer class, but making pets the best skills that you can bar makes for a poor strategy.

Stop buffing pets, they are hard to kill already.

Standard PvPer “I got killed by this, it’s overpowered” post.

I don't think you understand how stupid pets can be in this game. They are banned from any half serious dueling even for a reason. The moment pets are involved in a fight targetting goes out of windows.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Ok, I never liked pets in ESO and played these builds just to see how it works but:
    1. Pets use 2 slots on skill bar so should be at least as good as best single bar skills.
    2. Pets "AI" is pretty poor, more than buffs pets need some fixes when it goes to reliability.

this. 2 slots for a relatively stupid and hard-to-use pet that deals decent dmg, fine imo

PC EU
    PvP only
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My pet’s damage only increased by about 2k. It’s a ridiculous exaggeration that their damage is “too much”. Considering how drastically our shields got nerfed in the first place, I’d say this is a fairly minor but much-needed redress.
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    This is a nerf sorc thread. Go away

Now you know how us nbs feel