Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

They are buffing pets too much

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
This is allarming

I know Zenimax will need to sell the necromancer class, but making pets the best skills that you can bar makes for a poor strategy.

Stop buffing pets, they are hard to kill already.
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noone gives a damn about PvP.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But necromancer has no pets...
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »

Noone gives a damn about you

-This is you, this is how you talk
    Edited by Skander on February 28, 2019 3:16PM
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    haven't pets been a big meme basically since release? that's always been my impression of the community's view on them

does a change in meta really frighten people that much?
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dueling a pet sorc is heavy pressure as it is... I can only imagine how it will be once we get into wrathstone update :#:# .
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    Dueling a pet sorc is heavy pressure as it is... I can only imagine how it will be once we get into wrathstone update :#:# .

It's already on in PC. Pets do 3k per tick
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I never liked pets in ESO and played these builds just to see how it works but:
    1. Pets use 2 slots on skill bar so should be at least as good as best single bar skills.
    2. Pets "AI" is pretty poor, more than buffs pets need some fixes when it goes to reliability.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battle spirit needs a 50% dmg reduction on pets.
    Edit: well just sorc pets tbh not including atro
    Edited by Trancestor on February 28, 2019 3:24PM
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I play Summoner most of the time, and I like recent changes. Never used summons in PvP, though. I simply don't like such build. Maybe I should give it a try?
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc pets come on zos, either teach sorc's how to play their class without screwing up the game play in small area's

because of LoS, we have enough LoS exploiter in pvp to last a life time.

L2P you Sorc's L2P.

Don't be a friggin rude player.

Lesson for you sorc's >> How to remove pet << Open skills (K) take your mouse pointer, pull icon off your bar, then just put

the icon right back on bar. Pet gone but ready for action when u need :).

We don't need them constantly in area's where they end up blocking access to something while the Sorc is AFK.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    Odovacar wrote: »

It's already on in PC. Pets do 3k per tick

Yeah on console we're all waiting to see how things pan out when we actually get to play it... I hate that Sony/Microsoft needs to "review" before it drops for us scrubbies.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait, my Magsorc about to get ridiculous in this next patch!!!
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Pets are a joke to kill in no cp unless the person is running a very tanky build, in which case, ignore the stupid pet sorc 2) in cp pets are even more of a joke since pets are only strong in enclosed spaces. 3) Pets are literally 3/5 of a sorc skill line, your annoyance is no reason to gut a class or have it under perform

You know what else is annoying? Permafrost ball groups with healers that wont engage until they can ult dump. Guard play style in general in bgs. Night blade snipers.

Stuff is annoying, get over it and stop asking for nerfs just because you dont like something

PS: I HATE pet sorcs in pvp.
    Edited by iCaliban on February 28, 2019 3:38PM
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »

Noone gives a damn about you

-This is you, this is how you talk

Go play your 4on4on4 clusterfudge where you can always gang up on one team. Fair play and such!
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realize this was about pvp. PvE petsorcs are doing marvelously for the first time ever. why put in 10x the effort doing a normal cookie cutter mag build when i could use a pet build, totally unique to sorcs, do more damage, with less effort?
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • urthsong
    urthsong
    Soul Shriven
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    Sorc pets come on zos, either teach sorc's how to play their class without screwing up the game play in small area's

L2P you Sorc's L2P.

Lesson for you sorc's >> How to remove pet << Open skills (K) take your mouse pointer, pull icon off your bar, then just put

We don't need them constantly in area's where they end up blocking access to something while the Sorc is AFK.

Okay, you just convinced me to go all in on pet. I can't wait to be rude >:)
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a nerf sorc thread. Go away
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real problem with pets is that they take 90% less DoT damage. This seems like a non-issue until you realize it completely invalidates thing like Soul Tether.

I used to counter Pet Sorcs by stunning the Sorc, and their pets with Soul Tether, then bursting the Sorc down while being completely immune to damage thanks to all the healing received by leeching health from their pets. Then they reduced pet DoT damage taken, so I unslotted Soul Tether and replaced it with Soul Siphon.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only annoyance pets create in PvP is they make targeting a lot more complicated. Besides that they're almost useless and I don't know why anyone bothers killing them.

Sometimes they're even good as some kind of target when a NB cloaks nearby or some other defensive ST skills are used but you can still target pets and get that AoE out (e.g. Crystal Blast).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets are useless in PvP.
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    But necromancer has no pets...

What this guy said. Necromancers are not getting pets. I wish they were, but they aren't.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets are useless in PvP.
    Speak for yourself I quite like the burst heal from my matriarch.
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, the werewolf pets are the most ridiculous ones (in bgs). You can kill them but they will just respawn after 10 seconds and the ww player has to do nothing for it. Furthermore, they are basically immune to AOEs because of the damage reduction. With the increased speed of ww they can just run around, breaking LOS with their pets. Its a huge annoyance, especially if there is more then one ww player in the enemy team.

I really hope Zenimax will do a complete pet rework with the necromancer launch.
    Edited by HankTwo on February 28, 2019 4:53PM
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets in PvP are mostly harmless. When I'm attacking a sorc or warden, their pets are the least of my concern. Only thing pets do in pvp in my experience is prevent you from targeting the sorc who summoned them. I use this tactic myself on flag games. I have my 2 pets out, plus I pop my atronach, and hide in the middle of them to keep from getting targeted.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is allarming

I know Zenimax will need to sell the necromancer class, but making pets the best skills that you can bar makes for a poor strategy.

They are double barred. If you run two pets, you're severely limited otherwise and that makes it's not too bad.

Disclaimer, my sorc doesn't run pets.
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »

L2P you Sorc's L2P.

You can do that part even easier with just pressing C for your character sheet, scrolling down (if needed) to your buffs and right click the pet. Boom, it'll vanish.
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My expensive crown store pets does nothing in an fight, please fix.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...interesting...
    I’m glad sorcs are getting a pet buff and will be interesting to see how effective it is on PS4...
    I don’t play a sorc currently but always thought it weird how others used pets as I always just ignored their damage...saw them only as a defensive tactic to mess with targeting and absorb players attacks
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is allarming

Some noobs doesn't know how to CC. Move on guys. Only thing that's alarming is orc. Pet sorc have extremely low spell damage. If you cannot beat pet sorc dont play. I hardly seen any pro level player running 2 pets. Pet sorc actually nerfed.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on February 28, 2019 11:43PM
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh please nerf my PvE character even more for PvP.
    PC-NA