The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

They are buffing pets too much

• XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait a damn minute....I thought sorcs were suppose to be the cry babies? Funny how when they get just a little love it’s others that are crying...
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    haven't pets been a big meme basically since release? that's always been my impression of the community's view on them

does a change in meta really frighten people that much?

But 33k Health Meme Pet Sorc is best Meme in ESO atm.

O0kXLpZ.png

WjAyUa1.png

dXl5LsS.png

wyRZlD1.png

OMkFBUV.png

Plus the amount of rage you get when you kill others. PRICELESS!
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Oh let me guess, another thread "I got owned in PVP, Zenimax DO SOMETHING NOW", right? :)
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Pets are useless in PvP.

However every aspiring PVPer who just got killed believes the problem is not his lack of experience, but game inbalance. Or a glitch.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what they really need to do is making skills work differently / using different values for pve and pvp otherwise they will continue to screw up one or the other....
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »
    Oh let me guess, another thread "I got owned in PVP, Zenimax DO SOMETHING NOW", right? :)

Yeah pretty much. But only when Mag Sorc starts to be decent again. You notice no one cares when a Stamblade is deleting whole groups from stealth. Or when that Ball of 10 or more Stamdens tank and wreck whole 20 plus man zergballs. Or when a DK can just tank and sustain infinitely and still kill off players one by one.

Nope it's only the end of the world, when Mag Sorc start to become viable again. And Pet Sorc is still nowhere close to the combat power that those above classes that I've name are. Even after that pet buffs.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    This is allarming

I know Zenimax will need to sell the necromancer class, but making pets the best skills that you can bar makes for a poor strategy.

Stop buffing pets, they are hard to kill already.

From the info we received ne rp pets are on time limits vs sorc who is oerma
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    This is allarming

I know Zenimax will need to sell the necromancer class, but making pets the best skills that you can bar makes for a poor strategy.

From the info we received ne rp pets are on time limits vs sorc who is oerma

Sorry can you rephrase this? I didn't understand what you are trying to say here.
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry what's the pet buff? I seem to have completely missed this development. :S
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh please op. Sorc pets get a much needed buff and already you're crying for nerfs. Just let us enjoy our time in the sun. Pet sorcs have been nerfed hard for ages. Stop your moaning.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry can you rephrase this? I didn't understand what you are trying to say here.

I'd guess that they slipped while typing "necro pets".

We know they're not perma. We don't know that they're on a timer like nightblade pets.

That is one possibility. Another is that they'll remain where summoned until you get out of range or summon the same pet somewhere else.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    haven't pets been a big meme basically since release? that's always been my impression of the community's view on them

does a change in meta really frighten people that much?

OP pretty much likes to create threads like this.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pets aren't difficult to kill, I absolutely destroy them in just a couple of seconds in duels since Wrathstone... :/

This is more likely a case of tunnel vision playing having difficulty targeting a player while they stand behind a pet cloud instead of oh I dunno.. CC'ing the terribly slow and predictable AI pet that cannot break free and killing the squishy magicka stacked caster.
    love is love
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HankTwo wrote: »
    Honestly, the werewolf pets are the most ridiculous ones (in bgs). You can kill them but they will just respawn after 10 seconds and the ww player has to do nothing for it. Furthermore, they are basically immune to AOEs because of the damage reduction. With the increased speed of ww they can just run around, breaking LOS with their pets. Its a huge annoyance, especially if there is more then one ww player in the enemy team.

I really hope Zenimax will do a complete pet rework with the necromancer launch.

Werewolf, mobility......

Pick one
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets are completely out of control in BGs. Groups with multiple sorcs and werewolves can have at least twice the number of pets as group members, and with maw of the infernal or an atronarch you can summon even more pets pretty frequently. A single sorc can have up to four targetable npcs, a few of them huge and easy to stand behind, in front or around them. This makes targeting about as easy as you'd expect due to ESO's soft targeting system. Something needs to change. No one should be able to summon up to four additional targets around them in a small scale pvp setting, preventing themselves and their team from being hit at all.

Right now, targeting is basically just a suggestion and without addons you can't be sure who you're targeting. You can have a target tab targeted, directly in your crosshairs, but still crit charge at a pet slightly off to the side because it's closer to you. Sorcs playing these builds know exactly what they're doing, and while it might be fun for them, not being able to target your opponents isn't very enjoyable to other players and when I run into these pet zoos I will usually just stop queueing. Problem is, there are a whole lot of pet sorcs these days.
    Edited by ecru on February 28, 2019 8:42PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Havent had a good nerf sorc thread in a few hours
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really another "class is hard for me to kill please nerf post" please adapt don't whine.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still don't know what the new change is but I can't wait, finally my petsorc is getting some love it seems.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pets are useless in PvP.

BGs seem to be full of Twilights since Wrathstone dropped.

I'm seeing 1.7-2.2k damage per tick from the Twilight in recaps.

That's a lot of passive damage. Especially when the opposing team has 2 or 3 of them up at once. It's not like you can pressure someone or CC them to stop the incoming damage, either.

Not saying they need to be nerfed but I wouldn't be so quick to say that pets are "useless in PvP". The Twilight at least is very strong right now.

Even in PvE the Twilight appears to be the new sorc meta. Everyone's dropping Bound Aegis and double-slotting the Twilight instead, which is doing 5-6k DPS in a solo parse.
    Edited by LiquidPony on February 28, 2019 9:15PM
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Pets are useless in PvP.

BGs seem to be full of Twilights since Wrathstone dropped.

I'm seeing 1.7-2.2k damage per tick from the Twilight in recaps.

That's a lot of passive damage. Especially when the opposing team has 2 or 3 of them up at once. It's not like you can pressure someone or CC them to stop the incoming damage, either.

Not saying they need to be nerfed but I wouldn't be so quick to say that pets are "useless in PvP". The Twilight at least is very strong right now.

Even in PvE the Twilight appears to be the new sorc meta. Everyone's dropping Bound Aegis and double-slotting the Twilight instead, which is doing 5-6k DPS in a solo parse.

This is awesome. I have been considering putting bound aegis instead of my twilight but I am going to stick to it and see how it goes once the update lands on consoles.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think petsorcs are still OP after all the nerfs they've had, you're missing something.

Just because something is useable and effective doesn't mean it's OP. It means you have something to learn from and adapt to.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people saying pets got buffed? They seem the same to me, and I run the Matriarch all the time in PvP.

What exactly got buffed?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Temeraire507
    Temeraire507
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people saying pets got buffed? They seem the same to me, and I run the Matriarch all the time in PvP.

What exactly got buffed?

They inherit your derived stats now (crit damage and chance and percentage modifiers)
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think if you get emp you are strong enough to duel a petsorc. I might be a bit too optimistic tho.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭

What exactly got buffed?

They do about 80% more damage after some testing... . Are u rly sure u used pets pre and after the patch :blush: .
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    This is a nerf sorc thread. Go away

It's been away since I seen one of these.

Still OP why do you think pet damage is unfair?
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    mmmm another lamentation thread of a pvper. sure has been a lot of those recently.

having a pet sorc main crafter with above average gear, I really haven't seen myself killing stuff that much faster. might have to do some solo pledges again and see.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is allarming

buffing pets? someone killed you with pet build and now you must post it here, right?
    pet scaling (from player stats ) makes sense and its alright
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is allarming

How does your proposal impact upon PvE?

Every single nerf call that comes from Cyrodiil should be ignored out of hand unless it can be shown people calling for it have given a thought as to how it will impact upon the other 90% of the game.

Plus, um, necros don't have pets, so your whole thread is wait wut?
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non pet sorcerers needs more damaging buffs as well :) an overal 6 or 8 % :)
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n