The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is "Awesome Guild Store" addon still needed?

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
^With the recent UI upgrade....does it still offer something the new UI doesn't?
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Functionality.
  • Nave_Horsespitoon
    Yes, I agree the new guild shop-O-matic is a very cool change once you get used to it, which only takes a second of use. Much better than previous shop menu.

Sorry I see now that you are talking about something else, never mind. LOL
    Edited by Nave_Horsespitoon on February 26, 2019 4:28AM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have saved searches, or sell items in your craft bag, yes.
    Edited by Reverb on February 26, 2019 4:04AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps, if you don't currently* use AGS, then it might be wise not to comment here.
    Just a suggestion; [snip], if it takes your fancy.

* Currently, as in prior to the update. Obviously, if it doesn't work now, you won't be able to go back and compare it, until it's updated.

[Edit for inappropriate remark.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 26, 2019 4:43AM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps, if you don't currently use AGS, then it might be wise not to comment here.
    Just a suggestion; [snip], if it takes your fancy.

[Edit for inappropriate remark.]

Nobody can currently use AGS. The last version, 0.43.5, was updated January 29th. There's no existing Update 21 compatible version released yet.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 26, 2019 4:44AM
    signing off
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fairly certain there are filters the vanilla Guild Store UI still doesn't have that AGS does, mainly the Known filter for Traits and Motifs/Recipes/Blueprints. From the limited amount I saw of the new Guild Trader UI, iirc it also doesn't have filters for checking for specific Traits on gear, but I'd have to double-check that.

AGS's author posted earlier that they're gonna try to get a version that's compatible with U21 out in the next few days, but there is a 'development version' that's available over on ESOUI if you wanna give it a shot while the actual update is being worked on.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need awesome guild store because I can't sell anything from my craft bag directly without it. It' sad but the changes that ZOS added still don't equal the level of functionality that we can get from addons. I do love how fast it is to search items now. That's amazing.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely still needed

- Multichoice search functions
    - Known v unknown recipes/motifs/schematics
    - Better UI layout (seriously, the distance from categories on the side to subcategories at the top is just plain bad design)
    - Ability to list items from the Craft Bag
    - Searching by unit price instead of full listing price
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a combination of stock search feature with a more updated version of Awesome guild store is going to be the best it has ever been.
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Nobody can currently use AGS. The last version, 0.43.5, was updated January 29th. There's no existing Update 21 compatible version released yet.

There's an a dev "beta" release on the ESOUI forums for Awesome Guild Store, and it works pretty good. A formal release with full restored functionality should come shortly.

And to answer the OP's question:

For me, AGS is still indispensable. IMO, the new improved default UI, while a vast improvement over what they had before, still falls short in many respects when compared to AGS. Functionality like selling directly from the craft bag, selling portions of stacks, saved sales\searches, and integration with the other addons such as Master Merchant, are just too essential for me to pass up.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS's text search doesn't work with Russian item names (localized with RuESO addon), so yes, AGS is still needed.
    UPDATE: now it does work with both English and Russian item names. And searching with new text search is faster than AGS's search.
    However, AGS offers more usefull filters, so I don't know. I'll try to live without AGS for a while and then I'll decide.
    Edited by Ermiq on February 26, 2019 5:02PM
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its very simple and clean interface, item search is faster (where awesome Guild Store takes lot of time) and working fine.

ZOS did great job, it worth while playing using Gamepad or in console.
  • Kelvani
    Kelvani
    Soul Shriven
    The changes I would make to the new vanilla guild store interface would be:

1) sortable by item name ( basic and OBVIOUS)

2) filter to exclude known recipes

If they added that then yes, I could live without the awesomeness of AGS. In my dreams.. they would have a saved favorite search like AGS does.... but I could live without that. So, to answer the OP's question.... Nope.. you are not going to see me using the vanilla interface once AGS is back up and running =D
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not using the Addon anymore. Native ui performance is much better and it doesn't have the bugged research bug that force you to relog when it happens
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes!
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes,
    ZOS did a 1/4 of the job,
    but forgot selling from Crafting bag, unknown motif/recipe, I want these 5 items but not those 5, or these 2,3,4 etc...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I will never understand why it is sooo hard for Zo$ to make stuff like this after years... ...when addoncreators can make addons that are vastly superior in a matter of days/weeks o.O

/confused :D
    Edited by Agobi on February 26, 2019 8:13AM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agobi wrote: »
    I think I will never understand why it is sooo hard for Zo$ to make stuff like this after years... ...when addoncreators can make addons that are vastly superior in a matter of days/weeks o.O

/confused :D

Wrong people being told to do the wrong functions by people that know nothing about real coding...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Functionality.

And interface. For instance, It's incredibly annoying that, to switch to a different guild store, you need to press a button that pops a menu (that doesn't even go away if you leave the guild store at this moment, by the way, it sticks to the middle of the screen), in which you need to select the guild from a droplist... While AGS simply allows you to click a droplist at the top of the shop windows and be done with it.

I'm fairly confident my guild boss, who is the developer of this addon, will fix it soon. He's always been quite reactive :)
    Edited by Uryel on February 26, 2019 5:48PM
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    ^With the recent UI upgrade....does it still offer something the new UI doesn't?

No one on console (xbox/ps4) has a clue what your are talking about ;-)
  • Kane_Hart
    Kane_Hart
    ✭✭✭
    Only if we had addons forums :)
    PC - NA - @Kane_Hart
    Youtube Let's Play Series 2019
    Stamina Sorcerer
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found Awesome Guildstore lagged me out something fierce. I had it installed for maybe a week and then removed it. I like the new guildstore function. I did a few searches today and was able to find what I needed quickly.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »

Yes. Sell from crafting bag, filter unknown items, faster guilds tore swap in upper left corner

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, I fixed the problem.

I left all my guilds.

using the interface won't be a problem now.
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Guildstore is a terrible addon. It just doesn't work properly when using search function. It has been confirmed by me and tens of my friends who had similiar issues. I'm glad that we have this fuction by default. As for the other functions there are better addons like Group Loot Notifier or FCO Item Saver.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, AGS is still needed. Happy for console that ZoS did something with the original abcrap ui, but trying to search for unknown motifs and recipes is a nightmare without AGS.
  • DragonHeart000
    Yes, AwesomeGuildStore is still 100% needed, I love that addon.
    @DragonHeart000 NA PC
    Guild Master For <Discontinued> a guild for collectors of discontinued items!
    Guild Discord: https://discord.gg/w7bNDCu
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I uninstalled it. The new guild store UI is one of the best thing brought by the last patch.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh even if the new guild store ui is missing "known" / "unknown" motifes button searching is still faster than with AGS addon. AGS would still show you empty pages that you need to click and go through, untill on the 10th page you would finally see the motif you don't know yet. The new default UI shows it all on 1 page which makes the search much faster. And btw. You can still hover mouse coursor over a motif page and see if it sasy "known motif style". New base game ui is better than AGS imho (unless of course we will have new version of AGS addon that will be able to display all search results on one page).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 26, 2019 11:27AM
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Waiting for AGS to get updated.

In game UI lacks too many important features already listed on this thread and, as already said, functionality.
    I'm amazed that interface comes from professional developers after so many years, there has been quite some time to realize what features are needed and an efficient way to implement them.
    e.g. Aint'nobody got time for dropdown menus primary set up, half arsed to say the least, while the addon is conveniently designed with subcategories set up on barred icons.

Who doesn't see what's the big difference in terms of features and design, maybe don't use that interface very often or maybe don't care about trading so much, or maybe just like to defend an inferior interface for unknown reason.

Edited by RANKK7 on February 26, 2019 12:13PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll