The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Race change token is disappointing...

kmcaj
kmcaj
✭✭✭✭✭
Race change token is disappointing even for free. It shouldn't be called something so misleading. Shady.
  • Intextio
    Intextio
    ✭✭✭
    How is it shady? It changes your race. Like WTF?
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kmcaj wrote: »
    Race change token is disappointing even for free. It shouldn't be called something so misleading. Shady.

You probably going to get locked.

But I agree. They should have included any race any alliance option with the token. Luckily I pre-ordered the Imperial Edition so I'm in the clear.
    Edited by Jeremy on February 26, 2019 12:28AM
    Options
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intextio wrote: »
    How is it shady? It changes your race. Like WTF?

It should be called 'pick from a couple other races unless you pay more money token'.
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you didn't have that to begin with, why would ZOS include it? Those of us who paid for it deserve the ability to pick any race, and with the ability to buy Crown items for gold, you can /EASILY/ pick it up and have the choice the rest of us paid for.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • wsmith97ub17_ESO
    wsmith97ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    entitled brats
    It is the mind, that is the mind, confusing the mind. Do not leave the mind, oh mind, to the mind.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We didnt need another thread.

Yes, the text could be clearer to make it more obvious that it does not give access to races not in your faction unless you also buy the Adventurer Pack, because this is a recurring point of confusion for players.

But we already had a thread about this. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/460823/race-change-token-is-a-disappointment
    Options
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you didn't have that to begin with, why would ZOS include it? Those of us who paid for it deserve the ability to pick any race, and with the ability to buy Crown items for gold, you can /EASILY/ pick it up and have the choice the rest of us paid for.

why you going off? it's a change race token. should be able to change races. not pick of two.
    Options
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

why you going off? it's a change race token. should be able to change races. not pick of two.

You are able to change races. The token works exactly as advertised.
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the difference between the people who laugh at Caution:Hot on cups and people who know the full story.

Adding a little more descriptive text is a valid request. No need to jump on their back.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it's silly to think that you were entitled to paid content when offered a free race change token. If you only had the races to pick from from your own alliance before, why would that change? There are so many ways to make gold in the game, saving to buy the Any Race Any Alliance *upgrade* is simpler than it used to be. If you need help finding a reputable crown seller, there are ways to organize that, depending on your platform and server.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can change your race within your alliance unless you have purchased one of the several ways to get "Any race any alliance"

I'm not sure why people think ZoS is the bad guy here. A large portion of the community has already obtained that in some way or another. Those that don't have can choose if they see value in purchasing it or not. They have not been shady or secretive about this at all.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    entitled brats

Complaining about anti-consumer behaviour doesn't make you an entitled brat.
    Options
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can change your race within your alliance unless you have purchased one of the several ways to get "Any race any alliance"

No, no you can't. You can not change your race to any alliance simply by having a race change and "Any race anywhere" or whatever it is called. Currently there is NO method to change alliance, at all.

Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    entitled brats

Definition of anti-consumer: not favorable to consumers : improperly favoring the interests of businesses over the interests of consumers.

Merriam-Webster definition of anti-consumer. ZOS went from offering 1 token and no name change, to offering 3, and including 3 name change tokens. They also ran sales on the tokens in the store. Not to mention they just recently gifted us the Murkmire DLC as a daily reward, and the Summerset event gave us several nice free things for minimal effort. I would hardly call that being anti-consumer.
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    entitled brats

Please stop with your anti-consumer BS. It's getting old.

Anti - entitlement maybe, but this is in no way anti-consumerism.

Edited by Bouldercleave on February 26, 2019 1:03AM
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    entitled brats

I didn't need to spend $20 on this game yesterday. I do today.

The $20 isn't going towards adding new content. It's not going towards fixing a mistake I made (I chose the races I did for a reason, a reason that is now invalidated). The $20 is going towards correcting a dissonance created by a developer change to the race I had picked when I made my character.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 26, 2019 1:07AM
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    entitled brats

The $20 isn't going towards adding new content. It's not going towards fixing a mistake I made (I chose the races I did for a reason, a reason that is now invalidated). The $20 is going towards correcting a dissonance created by a developer change to the race I had picked when I made my character.

LOL, ok.... You still don't NEED to spend $20.00. You don't NEED to change your race. You CHOOSE to chase the meta and feel entitled to the ability to do that for free.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    entitled brats

LOL, ok.... You still don't NEED to spend $20.00. You don't NEED to change your race. You CHOOSE to chase the meta and feel entitled to the ability to do that for free.

That's not entitlement. Making changes that encourage people to spend money is anti-consumerist.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 26, 2019 1:12AM
    Options
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    entitled brats

Do you get panic attacks whenever they introduce new things or change stuff, then?
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    entitled brats

That's not entitlement. Making changes that encourage people to spend money is anti-consumerist.

You realize the very act of ZOS extending the courtesy to three, and adding name changes, as well as discounting the tokens, is literally the opposite of anti-consumerism. If they had only given us the one, I could understand being unhappy. But now that you can have an additional character slot, NOTHING is stopping you from creating a new character of the desired race you want to pick, it will just be the alliance tied to that race, unless you have Any Race Any Alliance unlocked. ZOS gives you so many ways to boost XP that it takes little time, even on tight schedules, to grind out a new character to max level. Your whining is truely falling on deaf ears.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    entitled brats

You realize the very act of ZOS extending the courtesy to three, and adding name changes, as well as discounting the tokens, is literally the opposite of anti-consumerism. If they had only given us the one, I could understand being unhappy. But now that you can have an additional character slot, NOTHING is stopping you from creating a new character of the desired race you want to pick, it will just be the alliance tied to that race, unless you have Any Race Any Alliance unlocked. ZOS gives you so many ways to boost XP that it takes little time, even on tight schedules, to grind out a new character to max level. Your whining is truely falling on deaf ears.

- Some people might not have any spare slots
    - Some people might have more than 3 characters
    - Some people want their main to be optimised

Them giving us or discounting a virtual good with no production cost attached to it isn't generosity. It doesn't cost them anything (unless you're counting opportunity cost, but that is weighed against consumer anger).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 26, 2019 1:27AM
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    entitled brats

No it's not - it's capitalism.

We just made changes to the 2019 BMW X5 to guess what? Get people to spend more money.
    Options
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unbelievable. You get free stuff and you STILL complain.
    Remove loot boxes or riot
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The vast majority of players aren’t going to feel a noticeable change in gameplay.

Which is why this thread (and the complaints within) are irrelevant.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    entitled brats

We just made changes to the 2019 BMW X5 to guess what? Get people to spend more money.

That's a new product. They didn't disable a key feature on your BMW and then tell you that you need to pay money to get it back.
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    entitled brats

That's a new product. They didn't disable a key feature on your BMW and then tell you that you need to pay money to get it back.

They didn't disable a key feature of this game either. Stop being dramatic.
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    entitled brats

Them giving us or discounting a virtual good with no production cost attached to it isn't generosity. It doesn't cost them anything (unless you're counting opportunity cost, but that is weighed against consumer anger).

ZOS literally just increased everyone's character slots by one, did you not know? How could someone not have that available, since it was just given to us?

What you find optimal is moot when the company has to consider the entire player base. If you're a meta-chaser on your main, you're gonna have a hard time...because as you would know if you chased meta, that the meta ALWAYS CHANGES.

No production cost? Do you not realize they pay artists to design items, and people to code them? The tokens do have a cost to the company. Discounting them is a courtesy, considering the entire crown store is considered a convenience shop. With giving us three free race changes and three name changes for free, to compensate any desired changes, there really is nothing legitimate to complain about.

You regret a decision you made with your race. ZOS gives you ways to help. And you still don't see how they actually did a decent thing.
    Options
  • spencer2361
    spencer2361
    ✭✭✭
    This is just brilliant marketing. With one race change, very few would consider the any race any alliance, but you give people 3 race changes and the chances they pony up the 20 dollars for any race any alliance go up considerably. Well played!
    Options
  • Tia413
    Tia413
    ✭✭✭✭
    I for one am happy that Zos actually gave us something for free for something like this, whether I have Any Race, Any Alliance or not.. It's a rarity.

Thank You Zos :)
    Edited by Tia413 on February 26, 2019 1:39AM
    • It's my life. And It's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. -- Bon Jovi
    • Main Account and also Retired Account
      But still a Proud Member of Midnight Cartel
      Platform: PC/NA
    Options
  • KommandantViy
    entitled brats

I'm confused, was there some kind of hidden $20 surcharge for the race changes and name changes or something? Because unless there was, if you didn't *need* to spend $20 yesterday, then you don't *need* to spend $20 today. This would be like someone gifting me a high end game if I have a middling computer then saying "well now I need to buy a new graphics card, gee thanks." rather than just being grateful that you were gifted something.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.