The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP in this game is godly unforgiving for the new players.

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Barbardin wrote: »
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    this subject just leads to arguments, but we are allowed to give opinions.
    my opinion is that:

[it "should" be very hard and take a long time to be strong in pvp in eso.
    in pve it should only take a few hours.]

thats how i see it and think it should be in any mmo that you join as a new player.

So in another word:
    People, who love PvP in games, please avoid MMOs, waste of time.

Or...practice, learn mechanics, and you will get better. Sorry no free passes.

What "learning mechanics" has to do with gear grinding in PvE?

Because gear grinding has absolutely nothing to do with skill level and learning mechanics. Gear grinding is easy in pve and doesn't require much knowledge of mechanics and classes.

Pvp doesn't matter what your gear is if you don't know classes, mechanics, and counters then you will get wiped regardless of gear.

Yup I’ve seen people spamming snipe and circling mobs or bosses in pve with max cp. Tanks that can’t tank and dps getting out damaged by the healer.

You can get all the gear you want and still not know how to play. All the cp you need and still not know how to play.

The best thing a new player can do once they get 160 is get decent gear (which isn’t hard) and step into no cp and learn pvp. If a new player can get through no cp then cp pvp will come easier.

This ^
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best thing to do is not care at all about dying and view PvP when you are new as a learning experience. I ran out to Vivec at level 10 and just stayed.

When you’re new you don’t know anything. Get out there and learn.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    I see people come and leave the game in a week because of that. To get anything good you have to grind grind and grind. But new player in pvp has absolutely no chance vs vet player because of gear, which new player can't even craft. I remember in Classic WoW it was pretty easy to get into BG and be useful after level 25 or so, but in this game I can't see how new player can even take a breath in BG or Cyro.

Skill is one thing, but without proper gear how can new player be any useful in pvp?

Your WOW example isn't the best, as the classic WOW had a huge gap between endgame pve gear and the rest, in the first years endgame PvE raiders dominated PvP for that reason. And getting such gear was not easy in those days, just getting 40 people together for the multiple hours-long raids was a significant challenge for many guilds, and then you had to actually beat the raidbosses which was a far from certain outcome. And even when you did all that, only a couple of players would win a single piece of epic gear.
    In low level battlegrounds you had twinks, characters who had the best gear available due to having high level mains, and even a single twink could carry an entire team. From the Burning Crusade onwards with reasonably easy to acquire arena gear however I agree with you.

PvP wise ESO cannot compare to most other MMO's of today. SWTOR, Warhammer Online, WOW, GW2, all have (had in warhammer's case) vastly superior PvP in terms of balance and a smaller gap between veterans and other players.

I've played WoW and GW2 in the last six months, ESO as a game hamfists both of them but lacks in terms of performance.
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    This game has one of the biggest learning curves in pvp I have ever seen in an mmorpg.

Level 10 -50 range ot all depends on the level you are against. Players closer to 50 will have more skills and will simply be at an advantage.

Crafted gear is very accessible so that isnt an issue. What is an issue is the *** that max out leveling toons to club babies.. prob cause they cant handle the high mmr.

Anyways i love pvp in this game. There is truley no limit to the builds you can try.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even if they learn all that and get good gear you only get zerged down by troll groups and that just puts players off going into PvP
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every one pays the pvp tax. EVERYONE.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see people come and leave the game in a week because of that. To get anything good you have to grind grind and grind. But new player in pvp has absolutely no chance vs vet player because of gear, which new player can't even craft. I remember in Classic WoW it was pretty easy to get into BG and be useful after level 25 or so, but in this game I can't see how new player can even take a breath in BG or Cyro.

Skill is one thing, but without proper gear how can new player be any useful in pvp?

Your WOW example isn't the best, as the classic WOW had a huge gap between endgame pve gear and the rest, in the first years endgame PvE raiders dominated PvP for that reason. And getting such gear was not easy in those days, just getting 40 people together for the multiple hours-long raids was a significant challenge for many guilds, and then you had to actually beat the raidbosses which was a far from certain outcome. And even when you did all that, only a couple of players would win a single piece of epic gear.
    In low level battlegrounds you had twinks, characters who had the best gear available due to having high level mains, and even a single twink could carry an entire team. From the Burning Crusade onwards with reasonably easy to acquire arena gear however I agree with you.

PvP wise ESO cannot compare to most other MMO's of today. SWTOR, Warhammer Online, WOW, GW2, all have (had in warhammer's case) vastly superior PvP in terms of balance and a smaller gap between veterans and other players.

I've played WoW and GW2 in the last six months, ESO as a game hamfists both of them but lacks in terms of performance.

Yep, I agree. The combat of ESO is faster, more fun and quite balanced in my personal opinion compared to the aforementioned MMOs. But Cyro performance is an abomination and lets the game down terribly. BDO had better combat but an unreal (or classic Asian MMO) gear and level grind to be competitive.
    EU | PC | AD
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

Yep, I agree. The combat of ESO is faster, more fun and quite balanced in my personal opinion compared to the aforementioned MMOs. But Cyro performance is an abomination and lets the game down terribly. BDO had better combat but an unreal (or classic Asian MMO) gear and level grind to be competitive.

I find this hard to say as I was also not in the best internet region. However I have now fiber optic and the lag is not an issue anymore. FPS drops yes but still impressive to have so many players battling without issues. So it can be the internet problem for many people as well.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    Maulkin wrote: »

I find this hard to say as I was also not in the best internet region. However I have now fiber optic and the lag is not an issue anymore. FPS drops yes but still impressive to have so many players battling without issues. So it can be the internet problem for many people as well.

I have had fiber optics for awhile and it’s still bad. The most interesting thing about cyrodiil performance is the fact it’s getting worse with each patch. Looking back it doesn’t really make sense either because they lowered the amount of players to a campaign and it’s less players in pvp in general. Unlike when there was like 10 packed campaigns.
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on February 26, 2019 5:32PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In cp pvp the game is pretty damn forgiving, even for new players. Think you’re confusing the lack of gear for unforgiving. In any game if you’re in the wrong gear you’re going to have a bad time.

In no cp it’s unforgiving to a noob. Albeit in bgs they’re typically matched with players closer to their skill level or knowledge.

You are kidding me, right? CP has to be grinded! XD
    I am talking about the experience of 10-50 level here.
    10-49 PvP is actually extremly forgiving and gear there is super easy to get since You can just ask someone to craft You something where in most of social guilds people are doing it for free or close to free and crafted gear is very strong in 10-49.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have been around when eso was first released and we had no idea what gear to use and weren’t even leveled lol.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    You should have been around when eso was first released and we had no idea what gear to use and weren’t even leveled lol.

Beta PvP was best PvP!

Whitestrakes Retribution, man, that set was my jam.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do perfectly fine in Vet BG and I will say this.. low level BG is not forgiving as some will think.

I've seen it multiple of times where 1 wolf will end the match with the score 500/0/0. Some class/armor combinations are very strong, and I think battle spirit buff might be off a little ( but that is just my opinion ).

I think some players can improve their experience from wearing better gear, using food/drinks or potions but I'm always wearing good gear and I can see what players are complaining about.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How's sieging in under 50 pvp now? Any reason to get gud anymore?
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    pvp is incredibly welcoming to new players. go get gear or craft some. this is an mmo and some grind is gonna happen. just join a group and keep trying. everyone was bad at one point
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I' started ESO like 5 years and I still feel I'm pretty bad. It took me like a year to get to VR10 in one char and then ZoS rewarded me with a reword based on CPs and my VR10 became a CP160 as the rest of my chars.

Currently it is much, much easier to get CP160 that back in the day when I started playing, and you spent months going from VR 5 to VR 6, not to mention that most of the good sets only appeared at VR10, so you had to work your ass on a VR 2 set and use it until VR 10. I remember I went to the traders a couple of times just to see what sets I could use, because I didn't have neither the money nor the requirements to use them.

And I'm still playing. So imho it doesn't have to do either with the gear or CPs, it is just a matter of time.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • kerthas
    kerthas
    ✭✭✭
    there is a lot of beginner who are complaining about that. And i don't get why srsly. Just try to think by yourself before "complaining" about it.
    When i first start pvp, i was bad like every new player. But guess what i didn't ask anything in the game, on the forum or anywhere else. I did my own research, i watched a lot of different build video, i tried a lot of different gear, i farmed and crafted a lot of gear aswell. When i couldn't do it, i asked to my guild mate to do it for me. And then i test a lot of "ability rotation". And guess what? i didn't became one of the unkillable player. But after month of getting rekt and search for a good build for, i finally became a decent more or less player. Most of it by zerging.

When i became a little more confident, i tried to do it in a solo playstyle, or duo/trio. And i got rekt again a hell of a lot of time, but i learned from it. Because each time i died, i asked myself why did i die, and how could I have done to avoid it. And then i finally reach a good lvl in pvp.
    There is no magic, just some "work" (a big word, but it described pretty well) and and a bit of reflection. Same goes for lvl 10-50, find a guild if you can't craft yourself your gear.
    Edited by kerthas on March 2, 2019 1:48PM
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedGirl41 wrote: »
    pvp is incredibly welcoming to new players.

Hahahaha, so funny :D Wait you weren't serious right?
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join a pvp guild. Guildies will share gear/build advice/ tactics etc...