Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

What type of Necromancer will your character be? White, Grey or Black.

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going for a Death Knight, Mix of Warrior and Necromancer and possibly evil, but maybe good or neutral.
    Genocidal doom knight that sacrifices corpses an allies like lemmings off a cliff to murder everything to make more corpses...
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Genocidal doom knight that sacrifices corpses an allies like lemmings off a cliff to murder everything to make more corpses...

So, white?
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    White Necromancer- Good Aligned
    I never thought about a necromancer with Good moral, but I like the idea
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    Black Necromancer-Evil Aligned
    The more evil the better.
  • Hotel6
    Hotel6
    ✭✭✭
    White cause of benefits.
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    a white necromancer is a oxymoron no matter how you rationalize the use of abilities.
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Necromancer is going to love his Dolmen leveling. It's going to be like a kid in a candy shop.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the fun in being a kind Necromancer? I want to raise the dead to do my bidding

necromancer_by_joshcalloway_d80ks75-fullview.jpg
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grey Necromancer-Neutral Aligned
    Necromancer who uses the dark arts to enslave the souls of the dead, corrupts the souls of the dead, and raise corpses - ideal for Cyrodiil.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm tired of being a "hero".
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I might make a Nord Grey Necromancer kinda based on Serana from Dawnguard. So it should be fun! She will of course have a differant backstory maybe a bad mother, and a kind father. Maybe one or both of them are vampires. Maybe the mother got bitten and turned and then turned her family and when growing up forced her daughter to learn necromacy with her.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 14, 2019 6:27AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming theyre is an option.

From what I can tell we might not get a choice in the matter with how the skills might work.

All we know is that necro will have the ability to make and expend corpses and that you will be able to use dead foes. We don't even know if you will be able to resurrect enemies you have slain.

Personally think that this will be a mechanic similar to repentance. We won't be able to resurrect enemies but will be able to harness there body for buffs
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Assuming theyre is an option.

From what I can tell we might not get a choice in the matter with how the skills might work.

All we know is that necro will have the ability to make and expend corpses and that you will be able to use dead foes. We don't even know if you will be able to resurrect enemies you have slain.

Personally think that this will be a mechanic similar to repentance. We won't be able to resurrect enemies but will be able to harness there body for buffs

From what I understand there is an ultimate named resurrection and its in the necro healer portion. Like warden it has dps, tank and healing skill lines. So it could be viable for any role. I'm not sure how resurrection works but if I am right it might work to really bring back fallan comrades. If this is the case and depending on how many can be resurrected this might changed the game in pvp. As this ultimate could be used to bring back fallen zerg members and bring back most of them. I'm not sure how it will work. But I am guessing this is one of the things it will do.
    The description for the healing skill line is this.
    Living Death Skills (Soul Mending) - Draw from the power of life and death to replenish and restore your allies. Resurrect your defeated comrades and keep them in the fight.
    There will be an ultimate or abiltiy that buffs you by how many corpses there are around you. that does just what you said, basically buffs you for how many bodies there are around you they said it might be op though. So they might have to adjust it. So they might have both those things, resurrection and buff by how many corpses are around you. I think that abilty that buffs you might be called Graveyard by the number of corpses around you.

Here its not very detailed but it gives you what is known so far about it the next class.
    As for resurrecting dead enemies. I do not think we will have something like that. Maybe resurrection might be an ability to which that can happen but given its part of the healing portion I think that will only work on allies.

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Reaper+Skills
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 14, 2019 7:09AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Finder
    Finder
    ✭✭✭
    I like the necro lore in Diablo 3. They are true neutral and serve the balance. Life and death are equal, just part of the cycle.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A dark theme character
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I planing to make my Breton Necromancer a Healer, I always wanted to roleplay such a mage. Though, it'll be hard to roleplay a Good Aligned person, because the game frequently forces the character to do evil things. Take the Dark Brotherhood DLC for example. Of course, you can ignore the whole DLC, but there are a lot of interesting references in later zones... Meh.
    Edited by logarifmik on February 14, 2019 9:36AM
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Knowing me, I will start with the intention of being Grey, but will probably end-up falling to the dark side, with both a Dunmer (Telvanni gone bad) and a Redguard (precisely because it's considered verboten in their culture).
    Edited by bearbelly on February 14, 2019 9:58AM
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have characters that will be different Some Good, Some Evil Some Neutral.
    Part of me wants to make a dark evil Breton Necromancer, another part of me wants a white Necromeowncer Khajiit. I might just make both.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OTHER
    Pink nekomancer, only resurrect cats
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea really. Not sure I want to go all evil since that feels so typical, so expected. Somewhere in the middle I suppose. I will decide when the new class is actually in the game. :wink:
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neutral/Good.
    My Necromancer will be a very happy-go-lucky person, who has recently started studying magic and is completely oblivious to the fact that Necromancy is frowned upon.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Greyish-Black as mine will have a very heavy emphasis on unleashing hordes of undead upon my enemies.
    "...and storms shall sunder the skies, and war will tear the world apart, and the dead shall rule the lands."
  • Demion
    Demion
    ✭✭✭
    Is this like a failed healer? "ops sorry guys let me try again" or an environmental friendly necromancer? "Reduse > Resuse > Reanimate"
    @darksenechal - EU PC - Demion Samenel - Templar "The Reluctant Hero of Tamriel"
  • Khaleesi8688
    Khaleesi8688
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't quite decided. She will be made of ice and named Wight Queen. Leaning towards black though.
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to play Necromancer.
    I'm not going to play Necromance, i#m against any form of class to depend from pets.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I smell someone who plays D&D!! :wink:
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt that the option I'd prefer will exist. The player character should also be a revenant, that just wants company.

I also doubt that I'd play a pet-dependent class. I currently have a Pet Sorc (healer), and that's not one I play very often.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It will be Dunmer Necromancer.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    The kind of necromancer who raises the dead to turn the living into the dead, so I can raise those freshly dead to turn more of the living into more of the dead - and so on. Thus, creating my own undead army.

Is there any other kind of necromancer?
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    White Necromancer- Those who respect the living and the dead. Use the arts to help put undead to rest, and only use the corpses of the willing or use it to consult the spirts of the dead in times of need. White Represents a Good aligned person in this case a good aligned Necromancer. Example Vastarie from The Legend of Vastarie

Grey Necromancer-Raises corpses to help defend and when under attack and only on fallen foes in situations that call for it Never doing it to enslave the dead and allowing the dead to be released when the fight is over. Example Serana from Skyrim Dawnguard. Grey represents a Neutrally aligned person in this case a neutrally aligned Necromancer that is neither good or evil.

Black Necromancer
    - The common type of Necromancer who uses the dark arts to enslave the souls of the dead, corrupts the souls of the dead, and raise corpses. Thus causing suffering to peoples souls without care or empathy. Digging up graves for corpses to raise for morbid research or study. They are either former worm cult members that got betrayed or are independent or roleplay wise are members of the Worm Cult. They live up to the vile reputation and are no better then the Worm Cult. Most Famous Example, Mannimarco. Black Necromancers are obviously evil aligned in their methods. Black represents Evil aligned and in this case a Evil Aligned Necromancer.

You just decided to make up color coded alignments?

I will be a Red necro, since you made Black bad and White good I am gonna pick my own and makeup what I want it to be lmao
    Pact Bloodwraith