The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Altmer racial passives PTS 4.3.3

• Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    You don't need sustain to top DD.

For the 100th time...

Maybe not in PvE, but in PvP sustain is quite important as you cannot afford to spam heavy attacks on magicka builds and don't have some orbs/shard bot providing you with resources and don't have access to unlimited synergies to activate for resources!

Yep, and congratulations, because if you are a pvp player you just got an insane buff. Stamina regen stronk.

Magicka regeneration stronker!
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Every race has their own "niche" where they fit in (Altmer: raw power vs. Breton: sustain) and every race shines on different classes / fights.

@Seraphayel

Except for Dunmer, because they are practically a clone of Altmer with 125 less magicka.

Altmer
    -2000 max mag
    -258 spell damage
    -more roll dodges/break frees (stamina sustain)

Dunmer
    -1875 max mag
    -258 spell damage
    -more roll dodges/break frees (1875 max stamina)

Now I'm not saying buff one or the other, and I'm not calling for needs either. They are both in a good spot as far as magicka dps goes. I just think a little more differentiation is required.

I think this can be accomplished by giving dunmer the stamina sustain (to complement their hybrid nature) and in replacement giving altmer a small bonus to mag utility that DOES NOT increase their damage potential or magicka dps sustain. Something like increased chance to apply status effects would fit nicely.

Detailed analysis of this: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/457979/lack-of-racial-identity-between-altmer-and-dunmer#latest
    Edited by twing1_ on February 12, 2019 2:40PM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Typically the big changes happen every second PTS Patch having a big change in this patch was kind of a surprise.

I guess I am in favour of having "lowest resource" be lowest current resource so that I can at least be useful some of the time.
    Its pretty much always useless in PVE and only mildly useful in PVP.

The annoying issue for me is that I am an Altmer healer, the first version of the new passive was quite good for me and the new one is useless.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @twing1_ I already gave you two agrees for your suggestion in two other threads, you won't get a third one here. :smile:
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    @twing1_ I already gave you two agrees for your suggestion in two other threads, you won't get a third one here. :smile:

Haha that's quite alright, I know I'm being a little extra pushing this topic. I just see similar concerns being brought up in very many threads, I'm trying to bring as much attention to it as I can to catch the eye of the devs and hopefully make some changes for the better.

My apologies for the threepeat.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ... since we can safely assume most of players in this game are not so called top DD.

And that's exactly the reason why all the hysteria is pointless. The racial changes won't impact most of the playerbase because they're not capable of reaching the numbers where it would matter.

Well, like you said, the dps parses were really close in week 3 (altmer without sustain passive) and even in week 1 the dps parses werereally close (altmer with sustain passive). So is there any point to take away from it? Since the difference is such minimal. Yea, look at these beautiful we just did and ignore more dynamic fights in pvp.

Well you mean regarding the Khajiit crit changes or what? Because nothing else changed from 4.3.2 to 4.3.3 regarding Magicka races.

You just ignore my whole point, they were not doing any crazy dps compared with other magicka races since week 1. thous is that the sustain nerf really necessary?

In the 4.3.2 parses all Magicka races were very close together. Altmer was on top in some occassions while Khajiit were pulling ahead in others. Now Khajiit were nerfed a bit and Altmer will most likely be the top Magicka DPS again - what exactly do you want more? They don't need another passive that makes their Magicka DPS better, they're already excellent in that regard.

Reverting Spell Recharge will make no difference in Altmer dps. It was too weak to drop either Absorb Magicka glyph or Clockwork Citrus.

But I strongly agree with the solution above. Make it so it restores the resource whichever current percentage is lower. When you are low on health, it restores health, when you are low on stamina it restores stanina and so on. That would be great change and would be useful for both PvP and PvE. Useful for everyone and makes no difference in dps. Great, isnt it?
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on February 12, 2019 3:34PM
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did tests with altmer and breton on mag sorc and magplar on 3m dummy, when i was killing dummy the last tick of magicka regen gives me chance to kill dummy with execute without any heavy attacks with absorb mag as altmer (magsorc), on breton when i finished dummy i had more than 50%+ magicka with absorb and with berserker around 40% magicka (also magsorc). Also on breton it was easy to sustain even dont need to look at magicka bar. Altmer is now useless even breton parses have bigger dps by 2-3k around without cheesing siroria/zaan/strategist/bloodthirsty with both enchant absorb/berserker.

So yea If u are not templar or nb (even on them i will swap to breton) u need to change on breton or just dont play some classes or maybe you are a masochist. Sustain with breton its beautiful and it opens you more opportunity to using 3 bt + berserker with good sustain.

Edited by DarkPicture on February 12, 2019 3:47PM
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browart wrote: »
    I did tests with altmer and breton on mag sorc and magplar on 3m dummy, when i was killing dummy the last tick of magicka regen gives me chance to kill dummy with execute without any heavy attacks with absorb mag as altmer (magsorc), on breton when i finished dummy i had more than 50%+ magicka with absorb and with berserker around 40% magicka (also magsorc). Also on breton it was easy to sustain even dont need to look at magicka bar. Altmer is now useless even breton parses have bigger dps by 2-3k around without cheesing siroria/zaan/strategist/bloodthirsty with both enchant absorb/berserker.

So yea If u are not templar or nb (even on them i will swap to breton) u need to change on breton or just dont play some classes or maybe you are a masochist. Sustain with breton its beautiful.

Resource Recovery Changes

Combat in ESO is, and has always been, about fast-paced action where resource management plays a large part in performing effectively. Player abilities in ESO specifically do not have cooldowns for this very reason - resource management is key and is a core pillar of the system. Due to the number of balance changes we have made over time, this core pillar of resource management has become minimzed; it’s become easier than ever to have high sustainability while still being fully maximized for damage.

As such, some significant changes to resource recovery are being made. In general, each of the changes falls into one of four major categories:
    Restores based on the maximum resource pool - These abilities were simply too effective once you obtained a significant pool size.
    Cost reduction & recovery passives - Several of these passives were over-performing and have been adjusted.
    Group based buffs/synergies - Several of these abilities were near-mandatory in end-game situations and have been adjusted.
    Resource spend/gain rates - Abilities that cost either too much or too little were adjusted to ensure that each class and build type are spending and gaining resources at roughly the same rate.
    Our goal with these changes is to have a combat system that reinforces decision making and resource management. Having players make choices between abilities, buffs and gear that provide more damage, or ones that provide more resource sustain, ultimately helps ensure that ESO's combat stays balanced and healthy for years to come.

So...yeah
    Edited by grannas211 on February 12, 2019 3:47PM