The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

People hiding to avoid fight in BG

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are on the enemy teams, free stats
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you complain when these types of players are only on your team? Or also when you are steam rolling them with sides stacked in your favor?
    Edited by Chrlynsch on February 12, 2019 10:29PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dying several times is fine, doing nothing but dying gets old really fast.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do BG.

I usually lose.

But I die trying. (badly)

If you're playing with randoms, just do your best, even if you're rubbish like me.

What is the point of that?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do BG.
    I usually lose.
    If you're playing with randoms, just do your best, even if you're rubbish like me.

Practice?

If you are new or inexperienced you will die alot, until you get used to it. Then you will a bit less.

From there some ppl get really good, other's will venture into above average but not great territory (like me)...
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    our poor melee was complaining about not doing well and is new to the playstyle

I hate not pulling my weight more than anything. I have not 'clicked' with my stamplar yet. Theoretically he's fine, but I am not flowing yet... hate letting down the team
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my low lvl toon, lvl 10, i run in get killed, ress.

Im just happy helping with the trying to get some points in.

Fullset hunding, fortified. It is what it is, you gonna die coz your lowbie.

Do we have achievments for zero death in bg.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my low lvl toon, lvl 10, i run in get killed, ress.

Im just happy helping with the trying to get some points in.

Fullset hunding, fortified. It is what it is, you gonna die coz your lowbie.

Do we have achievments for zero death in bg.

@russelmmendoza

Whenever I have managed a X/0/X I got no achievement win or loss regardless of BG,

I'll go further with that, if youre pulling anymore than 1 player off an objective to fight you and you can kite/delay/drain rss you are helping the team even if death is inevitable. There was a domination game I played on my stam NB i had 20/0/something ( have a SS floating around somewhere) I was lowest score with like 5 flag caps however I was taking names an contributing to 20 Resurrection timers all whilst keeping the enemy off flags. I felt like I was close to MVP due to all the off obective work and kiting I had done to make it considerably easier for my team.

inb4 you were playing Domination like a death match as I was floating between flags not just spawn camping.
    Edited by KBKB on February 12, 2019 11:58PM
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the objective isn't death match, then kills don't matter much. Too bad more people don't realize this and would rather fight nowhere near an objective while the third team caps everything...
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odnoc wrote: »
    If the objective isn't death match, then kills don't matter much. Too bad more people don't realize this and would rather fight nowhere near an objective while the third team caps everything...

@Odnoc

please read above.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Not at all. PvP is just as much of a focus hence Cyrodiil, IC, and BGs.

Yes, we can tell that by the great strides ahead they have made in reducing lag and general poor performance in Cyro, not to mention the amazing new PvP zones they continually add.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do BG.

I usually lose.

Trying? Isn't that what this thread is about?
  • LongMaySheReign
    LongMaySheReign
    ✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »

They either try to hide to get carried, and are called trash for it, or they try to help fight, get utterly wrecked and get called trash for it. Either way they have a crap time.

Idk... maybe it's just my personal experience but I have to say, dungeon pugs/PVE players on average seem way more intolerant than BGs/PVP players. I've brought my greenest alt with no appropriate gear into BGs and participated, and never once have I been yelled at. Most people are nice and say gg afterwards. However people kick or rage quit at the drop of a dime in dungeons.

In other words, as a whole PVP players seem more understanding of PVE players trying to learn than the other way around. Makes me sad to say, as my focus is PVE, but I do participate in both.

Also, clearly the game is designed to entice players to both PVE and PVP. There are skins, dyes, and abilities "gated" behind both types of content, and both "exclusive" sides have a "need" to venture into the other. Enough of this argument already.
    Someone queuing in a dungeon who just followed behind without activating an ability would be kicked. Why is this behavior tolerated or being defended in BGs?

I'm not saying I support this kind of behaviour but these 2 are different things. A battleground is max 15 minutes(usually less) whereas you can spend 1 hour in a dungeon just because some other guys decided to do 0 contribution to it, so the loss is bigger than not being able to win a match. It is not hard to see both toxic pvers and pvpers, no need to classify. Also there is no mmr to filter complete trash in dungeon finder like there is in bgs, but the solution is simple for both if you are not going to tolerate then don't queue random dungeon or bgs because there is always the probability to get these people. "PVP vs PVE players" kind of arguments aren't going to solve anything.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Not at all. PvP is just as much of a focus hence Cyrodiil, IC, and BGs.

Yes, we can tell that by the great strides ahead they have made in reducing lag and general poor performance in Cyro, not to mention the amazing new PvP zones they continually add.

They add just as many new BG maps as Trials per year.
  • Celeste411
    Celeste411
    ✭✭✭
    They are there ‘grinding’ vigor. They need those self heals cuz the mean dungeon healers won’t save them when they stand 1 million miles behind them spamming light attacks 😂
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all know how good and balance pvp in this game is and thanks to zos for keeping caltrops and vigor the must've for stam toons behind pvp.
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all know how good and balance pvp in this game is and thanks to zos for keeping caltrops and vigor the must've for stam toons behind pvp.

Surprisingly one can get caltrops and vigor actually fighting in the battleground. These ppl have no excuse
    Edited by max_only on February 13, 2019 5:48AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • LaveniaRose
    LaveniaRose
    ✭✭✭
    I've proposed adding a minimum amount of damage or healing done before you can receive AP for a match. I still support something like 50-100k combined. I have yet to see a player not reach that amount by contributing.

After all, I thought ZOS already took steps to remove free AP from standing in a keep doing nothing and yet still receiving d-tics? I thought you had to actually heal or damage to receive a defensive tic now? Why should battlegrounds be any different?

I'm sad to see this problem is returning. It disappeared for me after random battleground rewards were introduced.

Also, this whole PvE players don't want to PvP is a load of bull. They have non PvP options: Cyro quests or queuing for flag games match specifically where their impact to others is minimized. Let's not pretend otherwise; anyone who does this is immature and arrogant.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s the result of a developer trying to force content on players.

Many games do this and it’s honestly a head scratcher to me. See, it’s not just this, but so many other issues due to trying to force PvE and PvP together in ways.

Shrug...there are other much better ways
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos wants player to work for stuff ingame.
    They get 7k ap win loss or draw.
    Its on the players caring to much for their kdr.
    Do we get achievement for perfect kdr?
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has happened only once for me. Both opponents went to hide when there was 5 minuts of game time left and our team had roughly 200 points lead. Hunting them for the few points that we needed to end the game was a bit slow but we made it before time run out. Is the point only to waste time or is there some other tactical advantage if you do so?
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    Players been hiding in battlegrounds in other games for years. It happens. I'm not a fan of BG's
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »
    Odnoc wrote: »

@Odnoc

please read above.

When 3/4 of the team is doing that, and onlybto one other team, it’s not helping. That’s the point I’m getting at.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed a handful of bashing and non-constructive comments. This is a reminder to keep this discussion civil and ensure that it does not go off the rails. Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people hiding = not contributing to the team?

but

leading the enemy to the people hiding = not contributing to the team?

that makes about as much sense as pretending to go AFK next to another player whos actually AFK, or screaming insults at someone in chat who doesnt have their chat enabled or speaks a different language

if you want to save your blood pressure from spiking the best thing to do is just ignore them and play the game the way you want to rather then worrying about how other people are playing the game

anything else is a slippery slope and before you know it youll be raging at people who used a skill at the wrong time, or wear a set you dont approve of, or have dyed their clothes the wrong shade of blue

you will never be able to control the actions of other players only your own actions

Actually IT DOES contribute to the team because it lets the team that IS PLAYING get out quicker so we can actually get in a team who WILL play. Those hiding are not part of a team.

Your argument is straw at best - and hunny, I always carry a zippo. *Whoosh*
    Edited by IzzyStardust on February 22, 2019 4:06PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Who would have thought. A nerdy computer geek type who’s never played a team sport in their life can’t play as a team.

It’s getting common in MMOs. Your personal reputation isn’t really important.

Back in FFA pvp games, especially with full loot, everyone behaved because there were consequences. If someone were to do something really bad like rob a guild bank it would mean spawn camping the person until they quit the game.

Buhahahhahahahhahahaha

Those are some rose tinted glasses you got. People that knew what they were doing would simply name change;)
    Edited by karekiz on February 22, 2019 4:27PM
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    LOL @ the PVEers who think this is justified because skills are “gated” behind PVP. You’re suggesting that you wouldn’t vote kick me in a second if I took a new alt into a dungeon to level up Undaunted and just lazily threw in a light attack in every so often while watching Netflix? “I don’t like PVP” isn’t a valid excuse, much like “I’m bored with PVE” isn’t a valid excuse. If you’re going to queue for a group activity, PLAY WITH YOUR GROUP AND CONTRIBUTE.
    This, and its why I go to cyrodil over BG, bad in PvP but in an zerg I can contribute.

That's why I always felt these BGs in ESO were a fail IMO. There's too few people in them so if your a new and or/inexperienced player you're going to stand out like a sore thumb. No one wants to be that guy so a lot of people don't even try them. These BGs should have been done like Warhammer, Daoc's, or even WoWs where there were many players per side. This at least lets non pvpers or at least people who want to try it feel like they contribute something other than being a lamb to the slaughter.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones who sneak out of the way and don't engage in the fights don't bother me as much as the ones who sit up on top of their spawn and spam snipe or other ranged skills. They need to add a mechanic that autmatically boots you from the spawn point if you use a skill that damages or stuns another player. Especially in capture the relic modes. Nothing more frustrating than attempting to capture and having to deal with a defender you cannot even hit with a skill (if you are stam).
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    The ones who sneak out of the way and don't engage in the fights don't bother me as much as the ones who sit up on top of their spawn and spam snipe or other ranged skills. They need to add a mechanic that autmatically boots you from the spawn point if you use a skill that damages or stuns another player. Especially in capture the relic modes. Nothing more frustrating than attempting to capture and having to deal with a defender you cannot even hit with a skill (if you are stam).

Hell yeah! Agree!
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zardayne wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    LOL @ the PVEers who think this is justified because skills are “gated” behind PVP. You’re suggesting that you wouldn’t vote kick me in a second if I took a new alt into a dungeon to level up Undaunted and just lazily threw in a light attack in every so often while watching Netflix? “I don’t like PVP” isn’t a valid excuse, much like “I’m bored with PVE” isn’t a valid excuse. If you’re going to queue for a group activity, PLAY WITH YOUR GROUP AND CONTRIBUTE.
    This, and its why I go to cyrodil over BG, bad in PvP but in an zerg I can contribute.

That's why I always felt these BGs in ESO were a fail IMO. There's too few people in them so if your a new and or/inexperienced player you're going to stand out like a sore thumb. No one wants to be that guy so a lot of people don't even try them. These BGs should have been done like Warhammer, Daoc's, or even WoWs where there were many players per side. This at least lets non pvpers or at least people who want to try it feel like they contribute something other than being a lamb to the slaughter.

I adore BG, and as long as I wore Impen (you want 1500 crit resist - so basically every body piece should be impen) and did the things - no one was ever ever mean to me. Not even side eye.
    I’m actually in love with my fellow pug bg people - I once said lul thanks for carry when I got the ach on my healer and they said ‘naw fam, WE did this’ so maybe if people are hating on you, it’s you?
    Edited by IzzyStardust on February 22, 2019 8:01PM
This discussion has been closed.