Maintenance for the week of February 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 18
• Xbox One: EU megaserver for maintenance – February 20, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
The Wrathstone DLC Game Pack and Update 21 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/

People hiding to avoid fight in BG

IzzyStardust
IzzyStardust
✭✭✭✭
I've decided that if you hide from the fight in BG? I am just gonna flat lead the other teams to you and feed them kills. GL getting your dumb motifs or whatever being last place every time!

That's what happens when you have a new char, you get teamed with this kind of trash. Had only 3 on my team run back to fight and see the other 2 just stealthed together out of the way doing nothing. :|
Edited by IzzyStardust on February 12, 2019 7:46AM
  • Syy101
    Syy101
    ✭✭✭
    Probably someone who wants to get carried and unlock vigor/warnhorn etc. for pve. BG gives at least 7k AP even if you are at the bottom, in at most 12 minutes. Much faster than Cyrodiil for an unexperienced player.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syy101 wrote: »
    Probably someone who wants to get carried and unlock vigor/warnhorn etc. for pve. BG gives at least 7k AP even if you are at the bottom, in at most 12 minutes. Much faster than Cyrodiil for an unexperienced player.

Yeah. I kinda wanna save their names for later but I never mastered the art of being THAT petty ;-/

Also when I went BG for my Tank and New Healer I put on all IMPEN and did all I could like to be useful - I ADMIT I STILL GOT CARRIED (lol I know it, they know it, it's known) but I tried my best. (Battleground Butcher on my Noob healer; I didn't help with that lol!)
    Edited by IzzyStardust on February 12, 2019 8:06AM
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've decided that if you hide from the fight in BG? I am just gonna flat lead the other teams to you and feed them kills. GL getting your dumb motifs or whatever being last place every time!

That's what happens when you have a new char, you get teamed with this kind of trash. Had only 3 on my team run back to fight and see the other 2 just stealthed together out of the way doing nothing. :|

In b4
    When you PUG you get what you're given

and other such comments. :trollface:

It's ridiculous -- even if you're a PvE only player, just chuck on some impen and pull your weight. Pretend other players are just 'smarter' mobs.

I have to say, I've only had this once; the player wasn't so much hiding as just not advancing with the group and intentionally staying in the starter area.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »

In b4
    When you PUG you get what you're given

and other such comments. :trollface:

It's ridiculous -- even if you're a PvE only player, just chuck on some impen and pull your weight. Pretend other players are just 'smarter' mobs.

I have to say, I've only had this once; the player wasn't so much hiding as just not advancing with the group and intentionally staying in the starter area.

You're right you do get what you get - no lie!
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭
    Best solution for this: Search and destroy
    "Let the guess ripen in the mind and only speak when the fruit grows certain" - Vivec

Thariel Galen - Pact Dunmer Nightblade
    Niranya Mothril - Dominion Altmer Templar
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s really annoying. People just sit at the start gate too.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    I’ve only seen this happen when starting BGs on new characters. It’s annoying AF, but the MMR eventually weeds that PVE trash out. It’s about the only thing the MMR is good for.

I still get matchmade with CP 17's on my team at ~1200CP with over 1000 BG's played where I am consistently top 3 on score, if not first.

Matchmaking is absolutttttte dog.

I see hiding all too often, mainly hiding in the spawn though rather than somewhere on the map.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frick’n RPrs ruining ma immersion!!!!
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty normal behavior in mmos with battleground type content, where you get points for just showing up. People join and than go afk or do nothing. There needs to be some kind of noticeable minimum participation requirement to get points imo.

However, it's sometimes understandable that people aren't to keen to leaving their little corner. I'm talking crazy imbalanced matchmaking like perfectly setup pre-mades using voice-chat v.s being grouped with really inexperienced pugs with 0 team work, and you're just being farmed and it's so frustrating and pointless you give up.

But that's kinda different, since you at lest tried your best initially, compared to someone that just joined for free AP and never did anything at all.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    It's because content is gated behind something they do not wish to do.

So what? PvP players might not necessarily want to grind out PvE content but they still have to put in effort to get the gear/skins.

na they can just sneak in a corner in the dungeon :trollface: :joy:

= valid play-style!

Some dungeons, you actually can sneak passed bosses and mobs...
    eliisra wrote: »
    Pretty normal behavior in mmos with battleground type content, where you get points for just showing up. People join and than go afk or do nothing. There needs to be some kind of noticeable minimum participation requirement to get points imo.

However, it's sometimes understandable that people aren't to keen to leaving their little corner. I'm talking crazy imbalanced matchmaking like perfectly setup pre-mades using voice-chat v.s being grouped with really inexperienced pugs with 0 team work, and you're just being farmed and it's so frustrating and pointless you give up.

But that's kinda different, since you at lest tried your best initially, compared to someone that just joined for free AP and never did anything at all.

Something like at least 1 Kill, or 1 death, or even 1 assist? That's absolutely bare minimum -- but enough, as long as a person shows willing. You don't have to be a god who steps into the group and smites all 8 of the other team players into next month (would be nice though :)); just pulling your weight, doing your bit (however small), is enough.
    Edited by mairwen85 on February 12, 2019 2:41PM