Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

As a dps which blockade do you use?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious how important is for a healer is to use by seeing how many do use it.
Edited by Tasear on February 5, 2019 3:21AM

As a dps which blockade do you use? 86 votes

Flame blockade
58% 50 votes
Storm blockade
33% 29 votes
Other
8% 7 votes
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lightning on my sorc and fire on the rest.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why is the 3rd option other when the only other one is ice? 😆

rip decibel
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I misspoke.

As a DPS I mostly use fire though I have done full lightning with my sorc.

However, as a healer, especially a Sorc healer as I think you are, you would use the staff mostly to apply ele drain if running any serious content.

As others have stated, things could very well change with this next update though fire WoE, iirc, will still do more damage when the target has burning applied.
    Edited by idk on February 5, 2019 7:03AM
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are kinda late to ask this tbh.
    Right now most of people use flame staff due to dunmer bis flame damage bonus further increased by DK engulf. With racial changes this can change back to lightning or mixed depending on class. With class that has majority of single target abilities like Magblade, flame will still be used. With majority of AoE, like PetSorc or Warden lightning will be used. Templars can use both depending if they run Barrage or not. MagDK rather has no choice to not use flame even with 4 AoE abilities.
    Edited by robpr on February 5, 2019 6:18AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    You are kinda late to ask this tbh.
    Right now most of people use flame staff due to dunmer bis flame damage bonus further increased by DK engulf. With racial changes this can change back to lightning or mixed depending on class. With class that has majority of single target abilities like Magblade, flame will still be used. With majority of AoE, like PetSorc or Warden lightning will be used. Templars can use both depending if they run Barrage or not. MagDK rather has no choice to not use flame even with 4 AoE abilities.

Ouchy how how am I late?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flame because Dunmer. Might switch it up after the next patch as I miss lightning back bar.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fire deals more DMG, since burning has a preetty good uptime, when everyone runs Fireblockade, and if you have engulfing on a Boss its even stronger....8% Aoe DMG are a joke on shock blockade :wink:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mainly flame, though I may swap to lightning in very AoE heavy fights.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This, if not you’re doing it wrong.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • xcalibur007
    xcalibur007
    ✭✭
    I use lightning, because VMA rng hates me. I gotten some lighting staffs and bows, a ton of melee weapons, but never a fire staff. Then I got tired of doing VMA.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Shock Blockade because i am still yet to get my Flame VMA staff :|
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPS should go lightning only on certain sorc builds. Inferno is BiS for most.

Healers should ideally be running Lightning Blockade with a charged staff (preferably Maelstrom lightning paired with a Resto that completes the 5pc bonus for a single-bar set like Mending or Infal).
    Edited by Gnortranermara on February 6, 2019 12:30AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Healers should ideally be running Lightning Blockade with a charged staff (preferably Maelstrom lightning paired with a Resto that completes the 5pc bonus for a single-bar set like Mending or Infal).

Healers Haven't been using malestorm for awhile. Asylum is most popular for orbs.

Infused unfortunately gives better uptime in smaller fights then charged.

I was asking this question to see how important blockade of storm was on healers, because this is a common skill switched out. Also uptime on off balance is easy to keep as long as you have 1 person using it.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Healers Haven't been using malestorm for awhile. Asylum is most popular for orbs.

I was asking this question to see how important blockade of storm was on healers, because this is a common skill switched out. Also uptime on off balance is easy to keep as long as you have 1 person using it.

It sounds like you're confusing the two weapons I referred to. I never referred to using a Maelstrom Resto. My position is that a charged Maelstrom lightning staff with a shock enchant, paired with a set Resto (Mending, Infal, etc.) is BiS for a healer. You might be able to make a valid argument for Infused, and I won't dispute that. But are you trying to say that the Maelstrom lightning is not BiS? I'm having trouble understanding what you're trying to say.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just curious how important is for a healer is to use by seeing how many do use it.

@Tasear this really hurts. you struck me deep.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

This, if not you’re doing it wrong.

Wierd how fire/fire outperforms fire/lightning on both dummy and trial parses then ;-)
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you're confusing the two weapons I referred to. I never referred to using a Maelstrom Resto. My position is that a charged Maelstrom lightning staff with a shock enchant, paired with a set Resto (Mending, Infal, etc.) is BiS for a healer.
    Many healers are using Olorime lightning and Master Resto. How can a Maelstrom lightning be stronger than that? Having Olorime only on lightning makes it so much easier to proc it how you want it than having it on both bars.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on February 6, 2019 9:20AM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lightning Blockade, especially next patch. I personally had better dps with the lightning staff backbar over fire staff on the PTS. On a magsorc, anyways.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Arkray
    Arkray
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like you're confusing the two weapons I referred to. I never referred to using a Maelstrom Resto. My position is that a charged Maelstrom lightning staff with a shock enchant, paired with a set Resto (Mending, Infal, etc.) is BiS for a healer.
    Many healers are using Olorime lightning and Master Resto. How can a Maelstrom lightning be stronger than that? Having Olorime only on lightning makes it so much easier to proc it how you want it than having it on both bars.

This. Since Summerset I've been using olorime and IA as lightning staffs with master or asylum resto, and a monster set.

Some people like to use jorvuld lightning too when they are wearing jorvuld and run olorime as a fulltime set. I prefer to keep olorime backbar only, for the reason you said, easier to proc it when I want and where I want, and because running jorvuld fulltime makes keeping prayer easier.
    "Ah, magic! The solution to all life's problems. I love magic! It's so... magical."
  • Ciovala
    Ciovala
    ✭✭✭
    I use lightning, because VMA rng hates me. I gotten some lighting staffs and bows, a ton of melee weapons, but never a fire staff. Then I got tired of doing VMA.
    Same reason that I use fire blockade. ;)
    Looking for a mature and helpful social guild - play PvE, PvP, and like crafting.
  • amith
    amith
    ✭✭
    Lightning on my Crit build Templar, and Fire on my Fire based DragonKnight
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can read. Tooltip shows bigger damage on lightning both for blockade, twisted path and elemental rage, omg on dunmer NB. I run fire staff on single target bar and lightning staff on aoe bar.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's the thing about ESO: healers can do more than just heal. A well-built dungeon healer is a battle-ready Warpriest, not just a health pump. SPC is still BiS for 4-man content (including Dragonstar and Blackrose). Good dungeon healers contribute significant DPS to the group and SPC is far better for DPS. Using the setup I described, it's quite easy for a good healer to add ~30-35k DPS to a 4-man dungeon group, while buffing the group and healing. That 30k+ with SPC/Infal and Maelstrom lightning beats the 10-20k that an Olorime healer might contribute. This is absolutely the best thing for any challenging 4-man content, especially skin run achievements.

OP was not very specific, though. You want to talk about trials? In trials, there are usually two healers and you've got to consider two different gear loadouts so it gets more complicated. The setup you described with Olorime looks quite good, but it's situational though, depending on what the other healer is running. It'd take an essay to spell out the viable combos, but I like the one you posted in that situation.

The core question here was which blockade to use though, and the BiS answer is inferno for DPS (except full-lightning sorcs) and lightning for healers. I don't think that changes in any of the gear load-outs we're discussing.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on February 6, 2019 6:42PM
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My only real DD is a High Elf Magplar (just switched it over from PvP, so not wasting the money on a switch to Dunmer, pending the race changes), and it uses Lightning Blockade for the AoE bonus and minor vulnerability potential.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds like you're confusing the two weapons I referred to. I never referred to using a Maelstrom Resto. My position is that a charged Maelstrom lightning staff with a shock enchant, paired with a set Resto (Mending, Infal, etc.) is BiS for a healer. You might be able to make a valid argument for Infused, and I won't dispute that. But are you trying to say that the Maelstrom lightning is not BiS? I'm having trouble understanding what you're trying to say.

Yeah malestorm lighting isn't bis for a long time for healers.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arkray wrote: »

This. Since Summerset I've been using olorime and IA as lightning staffs with master or asylum resto, and a monster set.

Some people like to use jorvuld lightning too when they are wearing jorvuld and run olorime as a fulltime set. I prefer to keep olorime backbar only, for the reason you said, easier to proc it when I want and where I want, and because running jorvuld fulltime makes keeping prayer easier.

Perfect olorime gives better stats on main body as an option.