Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

How often do you change your characters Motif?

• Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    RumpleBabe.jpg

This is what I'm trying to achieve with an outfit, so if anything comes out that gets me closer, I make the change. Otherwise, most of my characters have a stable outfit or costume, that at most gets re-dyed.

So far, she has the Fang Lair Heavy top, and the rest is still in flux. We do have a snow bear to ride, but are disappointed that it has a non-negotiable saddle. The Eyepatch too, but the hairstyles are a bit lacking. The long boots in the various costumes don't come as separate pieces, or we could get closer to the one below (Photoshopped, of course)

Unna_ESO_Target.jpg

This is awesome!!!
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    When I find a nice one without those godawful hip things...

Agreed...those are god aweful...light apostle style has some nasty ones I just can never stand to see.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably because it is working how they designed it. As for prices of crownstore items, that is probably another department.

Yeah, I realize that. There are two features in this game that were hamstrung because of marketing trying to squeeze money out of people with them: housing and the outfit system. I'm not sure which one I consider to be worse, but to my mind, neither feature should have been designed that way to begin with. As I'm remembering developers still make good games that lack these stupid bleed-you-try microtransactions, I'm finding myself less patient with that aspect of ESO lately. It's a crying shame, because this is too great of a game to be spoiled rotten by such ethnically questionable marketing scams.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just spent [amount redacted] on my outfit because it wasn’t casual enough for murdering people on the beach......... :#
    Edited by max_only on February 5, 2019 1:19AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get a look I like on everyone, and I never change it. A couple of times a new costume has landed in the store or I got it from a crate, and it's PERFECT for someone - so that I change. Otherwise.... nope. Only when I make a new toon - until I get it right on THAT toon.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use my 'outfit' as my base and, now that I'm happy with it, do not change it. My character does change in and out of costumes though - often several times a day to suit her mood or even her surroundings or current task.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only when something better comes along, which isn't often at all. At most I only ever change dye or the hands and feet, but the legs and chests stay the same.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so hard to find decent boots.
    Ghastley's hip boots are pretty good. I'd buy that motif page.

Also:
    I don't understand how the art department managers decided that 'open-toed sandals' was the way to go after forcing huge diapers, highway guardrail style hip armor, and flamboyant shoulder armor on us.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
  • TairenSoul
    TairenSoul
    ✭✭✭
    I change my outfit all the time. It sucks that once you've gotten the dye color or learned the motifs that you get charged for actually USING it. Not happy with that one.
    Heavy is the crown.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TairenSoul wrote: »
    I change my outfit all the time. It sucks that once you've gotten the dye color or learned the motifs that you get charged for actually USING it. Not happy with that one.

Yup. It's stupid. Motifs are expensive to obtain as it is without this being thrown on top of it. The system is really hostile to players who don't play this game religiously.
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    I only go through this when I make some change to the RP or spec/playstyle concept for a character. Things generally remain pretty stable for long periods of time.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After I noticed that an achievement is tied to changing the same outfit on a character, I have tweaked my main's outfit a few times a week.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    All my Chars have a lot of outfit slots. I create more than one outfit at a time. So i just change instantly when i want to.
  • JellySunset
    JellySunset
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty similar xD i change my main at least once a day (sometimes more) and my others maybe like 3-4 times a week so many combos to have that look really good. I should invest in outfit tokens tbh i guess ^
    PC EU
    PC NA