The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vivec 2-3-19

• twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    Steelshiv wrote: »

We pushed sej and took BRK last night after two very long fights. We constantly push DC because there is a sentiment that if DC have Ash then they will keep pushing AD. and that sentiment is fact 9 times out of 10.

Not really, you know the chalamo is a thing right. DC are far more likely to be pushing for Chal rather than pushing past Nikel.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nutshotz wrote: »
    That's the other question. Why faction Zerg the smallest faction right now. All it's doing is making DC log into either their EP/AD toon.

These are the issues I have with the mindless faction zergs

-no common sense
    -biggest number will always win stated by ahtu and Crow
    -most faction zergs don't know what the aspect of pvp is
    -faction zerging causes more lag than an organized 16 and under grp

I could list prolly about 10-15 more issues

I have to disagree with the second point, they get destroyed on a regular basis even when outnumbering their opponents. It just takes one top-notch group and a few dozen pugs. You can have 2/3 or even 1/2 of their numbers and completely wreck them, you just need to be above a certain critical limit.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    That's the other question. Why faction Zerg the smallest faction right now. All it's doing is making DC log into either their EP/AD toon.

-no common sense

I have to disagree with the second point, they get destroyed on a regular basis even when outnumbering their opponents. It just takes one top-notch group and a few dozen pugs. You can have 2/3 or even 1/2 of their numbers and completely wreck them, you just need to be above a certain critical limit.

Do explain. Cuz from your theory you need to be above a certain threshold but also if you pay attention most small groups won't go keep to keep, that's the Zerg mentality. 8-16 man grps will stay at an outpost or an resource and farm it for the AP nothing else or farm the outter ring of a keep. Now if by chance you do come across a full raid of 24 than yeah your theory might be correct.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After having Iron Legion with a raid of 24 chase me down as a level 20 gathering skyshards. (I managed to get pretty far, but there's only so long a level 20 can run while being rolled) I have no sympathy for your pain tonight.

AD is using the last few days to guarantee a second place win.

You're in a pvp zone, if you don't expect it to be risky you shouldn't be there.

As for AD yes well the issue is its being done with the support of EP, due to the guilds and payers which swap between AD and EP. DC may have higher queues than AD at certain times but I'd wager on average Ad has a higher pop and certainly more guilds.

Iron legion sends 20 people after 1 lowbey

- you shouldn’t be in a pvp zone.

Is actually why no one respects your guild.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been on a break for a few weeks. Last night ran with a 16 person group and seen what causes the lag in vivec. There was a EP guild stacking 2 raids with pugs and as soon as they were in sight abilities stopped working. This kind of garbage is what caused so many of the players to give up on Cyrodiil if not the game as a whole. I am all for groups but this is out of hand. Your groups cause lag, dc’s and a slideshow of a fast paced game. Everyone zergs but that was the worst I have seen it in a long time. Could only imagine prime time weekends. I will personally never play during those times and FYI the community is getting smaller as these groups get bigger.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been on a break for a few weeks. Last night ran with a 16 person group and seen what causes the lag in vivec. There was a EP guild stacking 2 raids with pugs and as soon as they were in sight abilities stopped working. This kind of garbage is what caused so many of the players to give up on Cyrodiil if not the game as a whole. I am all for groups but this is out of hand. Your groups cause lag, dc’s and a slideshow of a fast paced game. Everyone zergs but that was the worst I have seen it in a long time. Could only imagine prime time weekends. I will personally never play during those times and FYI the community is getting smaller as these groups get bigger.

Only 2 raids? Must have been a slow night or they had 1 camping somewhere else.

I logged last night without getting to fight hardly a single player, though. I did not see a huge raid or stack but maybe AD and EP were stacked on each other. Just kept hitching lucky to get an ability off when taking resources so I said screw it. I love the game but this is making me want to find something else.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Only 2 raids? Must have been a slow night or they had 1 camping somewhere else.

I logged last night without getting to fight hardly a single player, though. I did not see a huge raid or stack but maybe AD and EP were stacked on each other. Just kept hitching lucky to get an ability off when taking resources so I said screw it. I love the game but this is making me want to find something else.

They had pugs yes but I seen their discord last night with 57 in the pvp channel. I am giving them a few people as a buffer for afk but still 2 full raids.

Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Post removed.
    Edited by Ahtu on February 6, 2019 3:51PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    Post removed.

Why'd you remove that you have potential for 100 on Tuesday and your record is 86? Everyone already things thats potential 100 jokes of players
  • _Crow
    _Crow
    ✭✭✭
    For being so knowledgeable and active in our guild's discord, why don't you just join the guild at this point @technohic ?
    GM: Army of the Pact
    Loves War almost as much as Tbagging
    -Crow, Mag DK
    -Murder of Crows, Stam Warden
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Crow wrote: »
    For being so knowledgeable and active in our guild's discord, why don't you just join the guild at this point @technohic ?

Last thing you need is more members. Sorry let me correct that. Last thing the servers need is more members in your guild.
    Edited by antihero727 on February 6, 2019 5:25PM
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Crow wrote: »

? I didnt say anything about your discord
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I join AP, I have a mean heavy attack.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-no common sense

Do explain. Cuz from your theory you need to be above a certain threshold but also if you pay attention most small groups won't go keep to keep, that's the Zerg mentality. 8-16 man grps will stay at an outpost or an resource and farm it for the AP nothing else or farm the outter ring of a keep. Now if by chance you do come across a full raid of 24 than yeah your theory might be correct.

I'm IN a group that runs 12-24, and it is extremely rare that we "just farm", especially with the map as it currently tends to be. We like good fights, and one way to get good fights might be to attract attention from a resource and take on the waves that come at you, but our primary way of getting good fights is to go and authentically siege a keep. We are also concerned about the campaign health, score, and faction resolve, so we'll even do boring *** like take back undefended home keeps or PvPdoor something if we need to distract for some other push. And we aren't alone, plenty of other guilds do the same thing.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    You know you can repair that bridge in like 30 seconds?

We kept siege up on the bridge for several hours making it impossible to repair. DC and AD are at a disadvantage because they can only destroy Ash Gate or Alessia Bridge to stop AD or EP coming through respectively, while EP can destroy both Chal Gate and Alessia bridge to stop DC and AD in their tracks.

I never go that far north to know that you can destroy chal gate to get the same advantage that DC have against AD at Ash milegate. Wow. The milegates need to function so that BOTH SIDES can't cross after they're destroyed. This would also maybe make fights in THE MINES OF MORIA aka Goat Path a reality...would be fun...
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday there was nearly twenty DC defending alessia bridge while the Griffs made off with the scrolls that are supposed to belong to the other half of team purple. Amongst their 'small for DC' numbers was a certain someone who likes to post youtube videos about how well he does when he fights zerglings...

AS has been the case those blue people who weren't near Alessia could not be found near their own keeps. It seems they'd decided to once again lease them out to the other half of their faction while they themselves went on the daily road trip to Brindle, and Black boot.

A road trip that's been occurring just about every day for a very very long time.

Or maybe they were off getting their orange slices and preparing to avenge themselves upon the Griffs. Though they always seem to do this as soon as the other half of their team gets bored and also pulled a dissapearing act.

Maybe they're just in the wrong time zone?

Also this one thinks that after not taking anything for two hours some people (who claim to be good) probably should have gone to where a blue scroll was. Instead of oh say, Brindle where there were zero defenders.

But hey, this one is just a 'bad' who 'zergs' with their massive group of five people. So maybe this strategy of PVdooring brindle and letting EP have first place on purpose is all part of a plan to truly win a bigger campaign...

Or maybe those two to three bars of AD are just that much better than eight total bars of 'the good side'.

Perhaps when this game returns to being a three way fight someone will take the time to explain such grand strategies to a khajiit. Sadly for now it's more like a game of duck hunt.

Specifically one played with a game genie.

Oh, and this one wishes to again invite all the 'good' players to come run a dumbminion toon at the time Telel runs their groups. Maybe even lead a PUG so we'll have more than two groups (and 8-25 people) on the map to fight our very vocal opponents. Opponents that truly reinvented the term 'skilled gameplay' when it comes to a three way fight with a stupidly obvious objective.

Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why AD always seems like they feel they are undermanned. I mean, this was last night at 9 PM EST cause people are of the impression that all sides are pop locked. Meant to see how long it went because as you will notice; there is some complaints of abilities not working and people logging off including me shortly after this so I didnt get to . this happens often on weekdays.

fOsIrLV.jpg
    Edited by technohic on February 7, 2019 4:40AM
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Post removed.

Why ahtu cause we're talking about the issues with vivec and a certain EP guild..... That pertains to .... Sht don't wanna get another forum ban cuz of the snowflakes.
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭

-no common sense

I'm IN a group that runs 12-24, and it is extremely rare that we "just farm", especially with the map as it currently tends to be. We like good fights, and one way to get good fights might be to attract attention from a resource and take on the waves that come at you, but our primary way of getting good fights is to go and authentically siege a keep. We are also concerned about the campaign health, score, and faction resolve, so we'll even do boring *** like take back undefended home keeps or PvPdoor something if we need to distract for some other push. And we aren't alone, plenty of other guilds do the same thing.

Look I'm not say ALL guilds do it I'm saying MOST. Without an INCENTIVE to play the map you will just have groups stacking up and running a huge Zerg mess of 3-4 raids in that Zerg. Yeah go take another keep those large zergs- will just POOF show up and the game becomes complete sht!

The point I was making on the subject you and I were talking about was at least in this shty lag we can farm an outpost or a resource and make good AP. Now if we decide to go and take a keep well it'll help the map and scoring but it just becomes ring around the Rosey on the D-ring.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    The milegates need to function so that BOTH SIDES can't cross after they're destroyed.

You can destroy both the right and left gates to make them unpassable for either alliance.

Edited by Ahtu on February 7, 2019 2:15PM
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-no common sense

Look I'm not say ALL guilds do it I'm saying MOST. Without an INCENTIVE to play the map you will just have groups stacking up and running a huge Zerg mess of 3-4 raids in that Zerg. Yeah go take another keep those large zergs- will just POOF show up and the game becomes complete sht!

The point I was making on the subject you and I were talking about was at least in this shty lag we can farm an outpost or a resource and make good AP. Now if we decide to go and take a keep well it'll help the map and scoring but it just becomes ring around the Rosey on the D-ring.

It used to be if a campaign was lagging you could just go to another campaign because we had quite a few to choose from. Now because of the dwindling population we mostly have casual 4-5hrs a week players that can’t play unless they Zerg. I personally spend most of my eso time training and helping newer players that show potential of not being a light attack NB or a 48 stack zerger. I think 12 is a great number for an group. Pve trials are balanced around this number so are some sets that buff stats. 4 groups of 12 are harder to stack and control than 2 stacks of 24. When groups and buffs are made for groups of 12 and only apply to group members things might shift.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    The milegates need to function so that BOTH SIDES can't cross after they're destroyed.

You can destroy both the right and left gates to make them unpassable for either alliance.

What shiv is pertaining too is that the mile gate should function both ways not just one way.
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭

-no common sense

It used to be if a campaign was lagging you could just go to another campaign because we had quite a few to choose from. Now because of the dwindling population we mostly have casual 4-5hrs a week players that can’t play unless they Zerg. I personally spend most of my eso time training and helping newer players that show potential of not being a light attack NB or a 48 stack zerger. I think 12 is a great number for an group. Pve trials are balanced around this number so are some sets that buff stats. 4 groups of 12 are harder to stack and control than 2 stacks of 24. When groups and buffs are made for groups of 12 and only apply to group members things might shift.

You're absolutely right. In a lot of hardcore groups 8-12 is what they prefer but they run 16 to be on the safe side cuz of the Zerg meta.

As for the casuals. Idk. I don't play ESO like I use to. I still manage to play decent hours but once that lag sets in I'll hop to shor which you may have the tides turned with the same issue of the Zerg meta.

I agree 100% showing new players that show potential that small scale is 10x better than running with the Zerg train but the issue is trying to find those players. I just wish that a lot of players would understand that when you roll in with 3 or 4 large raids of 24 you may not hurt yourself but you're hurting the server and the players around you. That is why one reason AoTP is hated by many liked by few. It was the exact same thing with CN back in the day as well as TKO.

Having the Zerg mentality makes you useless and TBH I've seen maybe a dozen or so players over the years that roamed with or grouped with zergs- actually play well.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-no common sense

You're absolutely right. In a lot of hardcore groups 8-12 is what they prefer but they run 16 to be on the safe side cuz of the Zerg meta.

As for the casuals. Idk. I don't play ESO like I use to. I still manage to play decent hours but once that lag sets in I'll hop to shor which you may have the tides turned with the same issue of the Zerg meta.

I agree 100% showing new players that show potential that small scale is 10x better than running with the Zerg train but the issue is trying to find those players. I just wish that a lot of players would understand that when you roll in with 3 or 4 large raids of 24 you may not hurt yourself but you're hurting the server and the players around you. That is why one reason AoTP is hated by many liked by few. It was the exact same thing with CN back in the day as well as TKO.

Having the Zerg mentality makes you useless and TBH I've seen maybe a dozen or so players over the years that roamed with or grouped with zergs- actually play well.

I used to run groups back in the DIE, Havok days to be competitive. Over the years I find the 8-12 person groups a lot more fun and fulfilling. One of the other issues is that even these massive zergs don’t have coordination they are just bring yourself and PvP in the same area. The only group play I like anymore is ones that have roles and synergy of skills. Not just let’s group up and destroy the server with shear numbers. A little long winded but main point is group play is very different than zerging. One is coordinated and fulfilling one is just lazy.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anti, you're correct those days were fun. At least back than and still now it takes skill and coordination vs a blob. I'd love to see any Zerg try and do what we did and still do for small scale. They just CANT! Reasons.

1. Not organized
    2. Don't wear sets that benefit that group
    3. Have not played together like most small scale players have over the years. I'm not talking about as running as a mindless Zerg. More talking about getting to know that small scale lifestyle and knowing how you will benefit the group and it impacts your playstyle
    4. Zergs are just bring the numbers and that's it
    5. Small scale actually care about performance in a way
    6. Small scale players thrive to become better while zergs are just...... Oh yeah mindless.

I know I'm forgetting more but don't wanna offend you know the mindless EP na Vivec choo choo train zerglings.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerg is a pretty general term. I think a lot of players are being unfairly criticized.

Really, the problem with lag is never the number of players alone. it is always calculation density. Because of abilities that need to consider other players, the closer players are together, the more lag they create. It is also probably generally true that better players cause more lag because they tend to be more mobile and weaving/cancelling allows for greater calculation density.

The worst situation is when you have multiple skilled large raids fighting each other because that is the scenario that would create the greatest calculation density.

Conversely, the large zergs of small groups and random players that push back and forth between keeps and outposts probably have a relatively low calculation density. Though there are players of all skill levels, these players tend to be more casual and less mobile. Ungrouped players are inherently less calculation dense because of skills and other functions that are group only.

Large zergs of randoms only become a factor in crippling lag when a large organized group is introduced to the fight. That's why it's vital that the AOTP zerg lords and others stop intentionally stacking raids.
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zyk you are right on the money but I'll use sotp and I can't remember a certain guild on AD. Me and 3 other DC where farming at an resource sotp comes in prolly I'd say 8 ish wipes and the AD of I'd say 12 plus wipes us. No lag or skill delay.

Go against drac no delay, a lil lag but that's on server side as expected. I like toying with them. Very good friends and players. Now go against the crown Zerg or AoTP and it's like nothing works.

So yes many calculations in a small area, but that would of happened with other factors against earlier on. It's just to hard to tell right now with PTS being live but than shor would lag as well.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The effort involved is not equivalent. You have to fully siege down three different parts of the gate, and then have a troll sieger keep up tags on all three sections. If you're on a bridge or the more favorable side of a milegate then you can just siege down the one section and call it a day.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ruckly

Arrius(the 1st keep he was found in that day) was not breached for hours prior to finding him there. But, if there is even a tiny tiny chance that is what he did & waited for hours & hours to try for the scroll in Arrius, then ok.
    BUT in between the time he was at Arrius & the time he was found inside BRK & took the scroll from there, BRK was never breached.

• Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go against drac no delay, a lil lag but that's on server side as expected. I like toying with them. Very good friends and players. Now go against the crown Zerg or AoTP and it's like nothing works.

@Nutshotz I have a zerg? To my knowledge it's been about three years since I've had a zerg - or are you considering my group of 4 to be a zerg because we run more than your group of 3, and we killed you a few times?
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com