Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Comparing Altmer vs. Breton (by the numbers)

• Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    I think that calculations in the starting post omit the fact that flat buff from altmer (and 100 from breton) are eligible for recovery percentage bonuses, while the flat buff from 7% cost reduction is not subject to any multipliers, so the gap will be smaller than presented. But of course still there. In addition, I think it's underplaying the damage that infused absorb magicka glyph can do - for the front bar, infused fire is already preferred to berserker for maximum single target damage, and absorb isn't dramatically weaker.

@Olupajmibanan , have you seen parses from PTS? Khajiit is the opposite of good sustain - parses are high, but they're unsustainable even with full group support (and people testify that spread is high specifically because of bad sustain and having to put in heavy attacks during execute phase when cost of each skill cast is so high).

Khajit has 75 mag recovery. Altmer is going to have none. Khajit is parsing higher than Altmer. Where is justice in that.

Not even saying that it's a lorebreaking disaster. Khajits, better casters than High Elves.
    Khajiits literally have no magical affinity, while some can learn the ways of magicka they could never become powerful mages but ZOS doesn't care about lore apparently. It's what many Khajiit players wanted so they gave it to them.

Alfiq, Alfiq-Raht, Dagi, and Dagi-Raht are all highly magically inclined Khajiit breeds. There’s a rather larger precedent
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    I think that calculations in the starting post omit the fact that flat buff from altmer (and 100 from breton) are eligible for recovery percentage bonuses, while the flat buff from 7% cost reduction is not subject to any multipliers, so the gap will be smaller than presented. But of course still there. In addition, I think it's underplaying the damage that infused absorb magicka glyph can do - for the front bar, infused fire is already preferred to berserker for maximum single target damage, and absorb isn't dramatically weaker.

@Olupajmibanan , have you seen parses from PTS? Khajiit is the opposite of good sustain - parses are high, but they're unsustainable even with full group support (and people testify that spread is high specifically because of bad sustain and having to put in heavy attacks during execute phase when cost of each skill cast is so high).

Khajit has 75 mag recovery. Altmer is going to have none. Khajit is parsing higher than Altmer. Where is justice in that.

Not even saying that it's a lorebreaking disaster. Khajits, better casters than High Elves.
    Khajiits literally have no magical affinity, while some can learn the ways of magicka they could never become powerful mages but ZOS doesn't care about lore apparently. It's what many Khajiit players wanted so they gave it to them.

Alfiq, Alfiq-Raht, Dagi, and Dagi-Raht are all highly magically inclined Khajiit breeds. There’s a rather larger precedent

Yet at the end of the day, they needed the Thalmor to return their moons to the sky.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 5, 2019 1:08AM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy. And here I hoped ZOS would buff Altmer damage to compensate for nerfing their sustain. Apparently they think that stamina regen will help Altmer out after they take away their magicka. It does come in handy in pvp probably, but I'd argue they don't hold a candle to Dunmer's stamina there (making them rank 4th).
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @MLGProPlayer , or maybe Thalmor to take the moons from the sky to begin with... With certain friends, one doesn't need enemies. ^^
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

Yet at the end of the day, they needed the Thalmor to return their moons to the sky.

@MLGProPlayer That was a lie though. They just said they did when they didn't. Just how they claimed that they ended the Oblivion crisis.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.