The Elsweyr Chapter and Update 22 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the full patch notes here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: EU megaserver for maintenance – April 22, 14:30 UTC (10:30AM EDT) - 16:30 UTC (12:30PM EDT)
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – April 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – April 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – April 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Halls of Fabrication - Jump Mechanic Question

Trikie_Dik
Trikie_Dik
✭✭
So my guild has been running nHOF once or twice a week farming construct parts to get the 60m dummy, but seem to have some confusion on the jump mechanics that wipe the group after the 3rd time within each re-charge phase. Were not getting more then 1-jump per phase so its not causing us to wipe, but we seem to be getting conflicting information as to why the jump is triggered after searching this form and other various content guilds out on the web.

At first we thought it was due to the tank dropping taunt, but there was an occasion where the tank was close and on-taunt but he still jumped. Another thing ive read referred to the tanks position relative to the Assembly General, but again we had one jump where the tank made it back to the boss and he still jumped while the next time doing the same thing resulted in no-jump.

Does anyone have any concrete information on the jump mechanic for both nHOF and vHOF? We would really like to nail this down and ensure future runs move smoothly... like i said its not causing a wipe specifically, but it is annoying having it happen and not know the exact reason so we can mitigate that in future runs.

Thanks!!

-Trikie Dik
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a bit late to answer this but hopefully you see it. The tank needs to be close to the boss and have it taunted for it to not happen. The instance where it did happen he was most likely not close enough when it was getting triggered. The mechanic is the reason that tanks use shield charge to get back to the boss quickly after he knocks them to the middle of the room.
  • Trikie_Dik
    Trikie_Dik
    ✭✭
    OK, so its a combination of both the taunt and proximity to the general that will trigger the jump, and if either or both drop (taunt or distance or both) it will trigger a jump?

Thanks for the reply!!
    Edited by Trikie_Dik on March 1, 2019 8:38PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trikie_Dik wrote: »
    OK, so its a combination of both the taunt and proximity to the general that will trigger the jump, and if either or both drop (taunt or distance or both) it will trigger a jump?

Thanks for the reply!!

Both are required to prevent the jump. I.e., the tank must have taunt and the tank must remain within melee range.

Also, as someone else mentioned, after the first terminal phase, the boss will periodically punch the tank with the blade arm (Titanic Smash) and send him sliding backward on the floor. The angle at which the tank is sent back is determined by the tank's position. If the tank is standing in the dead center of the trench, the boss will punch the tank straight back, and the tank will travel a long distance and will require a gap closer to get back to the boss in time to avoid a jump.

However, if the tank stands closer to the wall, the path will be angled towards that wall. The wall catches the tank and the tank only travels backwards a short distance. In this case, the tank can get back into position quickly without the need to use a gap closer. The caveat here is that if the tank is too close to the wall, they will be instantly killed by wall impact damage (the impact damage in binary--i.e., either you take damage and are instantly killed, or you take no damage... there is no in-between). There is a sweet spot that I like to stand on where the distance that I travel when I get punched is quite short and I don't need to waste a bar slot for a gap closer, but where I also don't die to wall impact damage. The riveted plate is a good landmark of where to stand.
    Edited by code65536 on March 2, 2019 4:02PM
    PC/NA ― Officer of Nightfighters ― Officer and former GM of The Merchant's Reserve
    @code65536
    DC – Breton Nightblade – DD – Snow Oryx   ☙
    DC – Dunmer Dragonknight – DD/Tank – Cinder Oryx   ☙
    EP – Altmer Sorcerer – DD – Elim Crake
    DC – Breton Templar – Healer – Zebulon the Spirit Bear
    AD – Bosmer Nightblade – DD – Higgs Bosmer
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Erects-the-Horns-of-War
    DC – Redguard Sorceress – DD – Rallina Oryx
    DC – Altmer Nightblade – DD – Joyèd

@code4096
    DC – Dunmer Nightblade – DD – Raven Oryx   ☙
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Takes-All-Blame
    DC – Altmer Sorceress – DD – Codegasm

The Flawless Conqueror  •  Dro-m'Athra Destroyer  •  Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor  •  Voice of Reason  •  Bringer of Light  •  Blackrose Executioner

Add-Ons: Itemization BrowserLoot LogDeconstruction Junk MarkerRaidificatorPurge TrackervHoF Status PanelAsylum Status PanelDungeon TimerCombat AlertsSmart Looter
  • Trikie_Dik
    Trikie_Dik
    ✭✭
    Thanks a ton for taking the time to respond - we knew it was in relation to the taunt/ position of the tank but could not nail down exactly what the mechanic was looking for even after scanning multiple guilds and videos may have

Armed with this new info, future runs should be much smoother. As I mentioned before we were not getting wiped by the jumps but it was annoying having zero, 1, or sometimes even 2 jumps in the total encounter and not knowing exactly how to mitigate that going forward. (even though it didn't cause any real issues, it's just more so an annoyance) More often then not, the occasional jump was happening following the uppercut so we will be sure to try this wall proximity tactic and msee how that helps us.... just like you mentioned, our tanks don't want to drop a bar spot to slot a gap closer so that would be each tinge to a i
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Trikie_Dik This is what I mean by having the MT stand on the riveted plate:
    vhof-mt-positioning.png
    PC/NA ― Officer of Nightfighters ― Officer and former GM of The Merchant's Reserve
    @code65536
    DC – Breton Nightblade – DD – Snow Oryx   ☙
    DC – Dunmer Dragonknight – DD/Tank – Cinder Oryx   ☙
    EP – Altmer Sorcerer – DD – Elim Crake
    DC – Breton Templar – Healer – Zebulon the Spirit Bear
    AD – Bosmer Nightblade – DD – Higgs Bosmer
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Erects-the-Horns-of-War
    DC – Redguard Sorceress – DD – Rallina Oryx
    DC – Altmer Nightblade – DD – Joyèd

@code4096
    DC – Dunmer Nightblade – DD – Raven Oryx   ☙
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Takes-All-Blame
    DC – Altmer Sorceress – DD – Codegasm

The Flawless Conqueror  •  Dro-m'Athra Destroyer  •  Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor  •  Voice of Reason  •  Bringer of Light  •  Blackrose Executioner

Add-Ons: Itemization BrowserLoot LogDeconstruction Junk MarkerRaidificatorPurge TrackervHoF Status PanelAsylum Status PanelDungeon TimerCombat AlertsSmart Looter