The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How does a magicka player counter Suppression Field?

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    You mean that tiny bubble that can be easily covered with one roll dodge and just took 200 ulti from your opponent? Really? Just walk out of it.

170. Power Stone passive.

Even with 170 it is up there with the most expensive ultimates in the game. It deals laughable damage and that mag sorc has to make a choice between negate and an offensive ultimate like meteor.

And hardly actually negates anything... especially in pve.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GimpyPorcupine Suppression field will heal the caster for 8% of max health (before Battle Spirit) every half second that an enemy is in it

This is wrong, only the first tick heals.

Edit: after testing, NONE of the ticks from the ultimate proc the passive.

Well, that should be considered a bug.

I'm referring, specifically, to the Blood Magic Passive.... "Hitting an enemy with a Dark Magic ability heals you for 8% Max Health. This effect can occur once every 0.5 seconds." An opponent being damaged by Suppression Field seems to meet that conditions. If it is not intended, then the wording should be changed.
    Edited by GimpyPorcupine on February 4, 2019 4:09PM
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negate/Suppression field is going to stop you from using magicka skills. Its designed to be dropped on a choke point or objective to stop magicka players from casting.

The only reliable counter once you are in it as a magicka user is to get out or slot Vigor so you can at least self-heal until you get out.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Negate/Suppression field is going to stop you from using magicka skills. Its designed to be dropped on a choke point or objective to stop magicka players from casting.

The only reliable counter once you are in it as a magicka user is to get out or slot Vigor so you can at least self-heal until you get out.

For how much does your vigor tick on your mag toon? And what would you use that slot otherwise for?
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How on earth do I counter this? There has to be a counter.

https://youtu.be/6U7rOUSvYM8
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    How on earth do I counter this? There has to be a counter.

https://youtu.be/6U7rOUSvYM8

Heh. Good one.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a Negate OP thread? It isn’t. It’s about the only thing Sorcs have when it comes to organized PvP group play.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is there anything like negate that works against stamina?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is there anything like negate that works against stamina?

No. Only hard CCs aka stuns and knockbacks work against stamina. Stamina based skills are exempt from the silence status.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Is this a Negate OP thread? It isn’t. It’s about the only thing Sorcs have when it comes to organized PvP group play.

If you'd prefer you can be like magicka Templars and have tons of team utility and be pretty much crap solo.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if I was running into the same teams in BG or not but last night I ran into a few with increasing frequency that were using Negate or Suppression Field. I thought my melee magplar was hot stuff until it happened again and again, and then I realized that I didn't have an answer to it. As soon as I step back into the fight, someone pops negate and in seconds I'm dead again. How on earth do I counter this? There has to be a counter.

Equip Earthgore, and have a HoT ticking on you at all times.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you'd prefer you can be like magicka Templars and have tons of team utility and be pretty much crap solo.

Except Templars aren’t crap even solo.

• StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vampires maybe.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @GimpyPorcupine Suppression field will heal the caster for 8% of max health (before Battle Spirit) every half second that an enemy is in it

This is wrong, only the first tick heals.

Edit: after testing, NONE of the ticks from the ultimate proc the passive.

Well, that should be considered a bug.

I'm referring, specifically, to the Blood Magic Passive.... "Hitting an enemy with a Dark Magic ability heals you for 8% Max Health. This effect can occur once every 0.5 seconds." An opponent being damaged by Suppression Field seems to meet that conditions. If it is not intended, then the wording should be changed.

I would agree and the passive is actually 10% of your Max health as heals now. Would make for a great tank ulti for ah crap moments like magma shell for dks.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magplars are certainly the bottom of the barrel when it comes to solo PvP.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »

When I consider what I can do for my team as compared to what I can do for myself, I know profound sadness.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I consider what I can do for my team as compared to what I can do for myself, I know profound sadness.

Magplars can be very strong in solo PVP, particularly BG's - you can carry a BG easily.

If you're finding yourself finishing top 3 all the time, maybe you're just being match-made against harder opponents / organised friends who can single you out with negates etc; Not much you can do about it than stun them on their way to you / try bait out the negate (move towards them in hopes it's dropped, whilst blocking) then move once it's down.

Or just move out of it.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

Magplars can be very strong in solo PVP, particularly BG's - you can carry a BG easily.

If you're finding yourself finishing top 3 all the time, maybe you're just being match-made against harder opponents / organised friends who can single you out with negates etc; Not much you can do about it than stun them on their way to you / try bait out the negate (move towards them in hopes it's dropped, whilst blocking) then move once it's down.

Or just move out of it.

Battlegrounds is still group play. We're just not organized. It's 1vXing that becomes hard, probably mainly due to lack of mobility (unless you don't mind playing a vampire).
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean that tiny bubble that can be easily covered with one roll dodge and just took 200 ulti from your opponent? Really? Just walk out of it.

170. Power Stone passive.

It costs 192
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2