The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

STOP Faction Hopping and AP Farming

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t tell me how to live my life.
  • ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭
    Here are my thoughts on the subject :

While I like the idea and it makes a lot of sense, I don't think it would work. I foresee that people would start their own guilds and run alone to be a "group" leader and have a shot at emperorship rather than coordinating their effort properly for their faction, just as they rather farm AP than fight the war. Also, as long as DC is concerned (haven't played other factions so I can't tell, but I guess it would be the same), there is already much divide between group as on how the war should be led. Adding politics and emperorship elections will only throw oil on the fire.

These are my two cents, feel free to disagree!

Great points. I think to stop players from exploiting and making a guild just to farm LP, regulate the guild perks based on how long the guild has existed and how long they have committed to that campaign.

Example

Guild Perks
    1 week (can play in Cyrodill)
    2 weeks (can achieve LP points)
    4 weeks (if guild has committed to same faction can now vote)
    3 months (Guild Leader can run for Emp)

This worked in LOTRO allowing more activities to be opened the longer the guild was active. This way if a guild puts in 3 months you know they truly deserve Emp.

Thoughts?
    "Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
    NA/PC/ Order of the Candle
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    People earning 100ks per hour and swapping back and forth on toons to flip things.

@Beardimus For most of the event there were solid groups of 60-80 DC moving around capping resources and keeps making 120k+ AP/hour (PC/NA/Vivec).

I played AD most of the time, and the general attitude was to let them take things, then we take them back. My small groups had a blast bombing them (50k+ per bomb), and we made a lot more AP/hour than they did just from those bombs then taking keeps back. It's kinda sad that PvDoor earns you more AP than real fighting.

Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rin_Senya wrote: »
    we never run a "full raid" lol, we don't even have 24 ppl in the guild or space on teamspeak for that.

@Rin_Senya FYI, a FREE TeamSpeak license is 32 slots. You can get a FREE VM on AWS (for a year, then make a new account after that year) to run your FREE license. If you're paying money for less than a 32 slot server, you're being ripped off!

Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *removing my tin-foil hat*

I'm convinced there is a guild out there that is dedicated to just this. It's really easy to spot, because on a day to day basis, you will see one faction completely dominate, then the pendulum swings the other direction to another one. One of the tells for me are the ball-zerg. On EP it's AP, led by some guy with crow in his name. I've seen the same tactics carried out on other factions, and it's too similar to be a copy cat zerg.

Then there are the swapping regulars that play OP builds, and you see them everyday on a different alliance. They are the spais, or just squirrels being a distraction. One day a few weeks back I remember taking a series of AD keeps on our way to crash their gate, and I swear DC showed up on our heels every time with a small group of squirrels taunting the siege line. They were basically AD alliance members swapping to DC toons to pull us off the keep or distract us. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be spies or turncoats, but honestly that's not how it works in real war. You want to spy then you need to remain one for the duration of the campaign, or don't spy at all.

I would love to see this game implement or bring back campaign locks. It wouldn't stop faction swapping but would keep cheats from exploiting the failures of this game's design. You people need to establish some boundaries, for real.
    Edited by Mintaka5 on January 29, 2019 7:38PM
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How it will work. A player can only achieve LP by owning a guild. His guild must commit to the same faction for the duration of the campaign. And together the guild will gather LP points for their leader. Whoever gathers the most points will qualify for Emp. But it must be a faction decision voted on by the top five active guild leaders who achieved enough points to vote.

So, my immediate thought when reading this was.. that basically, you're saying only guild leaders will have the opportunity to be emps... and everyone in the guild is working to get their leader emp each month. Wow... where are guild leaders supposed to find enough shepple who are willing to "work" to get them emp?

This is what really is all fracked up in your "solution" -> all the guild players' efforts go to glorify and emp their guild leader (i.e.) you... Seriously... really???

At this point.. I'm just shaking my head in amazement... I'm wondering what happens if/when huge amounts of players want to be emp each month? So... they make a guild.. gather their own sheeple who can work to get them emp.. ohnos!!!.. now you will have a smaller pool of sheeple who are being worker ants for you!! I don't know about you.. but that seems like an unfair "solution" to me.

Also.. what happens with the players who are in multiple PvP guilds? Do they have to pick which egotistical/god complex guild leader they "worship" the most and drop all their other PvP guilds.. so that all their efforts in the campaign go to the one true god... oops... I mean guild leader each month?
    These five guild leaders must vote on which guild leader will become the Emp and they will all get buffs as well as the Emp’s High Council.

Ok.. so how long do you think it would take for that oh so "special" council to become a good ol' boys & girls system? That is.. if it didn't start out as that right from the beginning where the counsel leaders take "turns" being emp (assuming they win the campaign). Again.. that seems like an unfair mess to me.

I do agree that the emp system needs to be changed somehow.. but whatever that change might be.. (imho) it needs to be an equal opportunity for every player who plays in the campaign and not some guild leaders only.. ego boosting BS of "I have more sheeple than you do who are pitiful enough to stroke my ego and "work" to glorify me and make me emp each month..

P.S... Aren't you the guild leader of Order of the Candle?
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on January 30, 2019 12:20AM
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    *removing my tin-foil hat*

I'm convinced there is a guild out there that is dedicated to just this. It's really easy to spot, because on a day to day basis, you will see one faction completely dominate, then the pendulum swings the other direction to another one. One of the tells for me are the ball-zerg. On EP it's AP, led by some guy with crow in his name. I've seen the same tactics carried out on other factions, and it's too similar to be a copy cat zerg.

Then there are the swapping regulars that play OP builds, and you see them everyday on a different alliance. They are the spais, or just squirrels being a distraction. One day a few weeks back I remember taking a series of AD keeps on our way to crash their gate, and I swear DC showed up on our heels every time with a small group of squirrels taunting the siege line. They were basically AD alliance members swapping to DC toons to pull us off the keep or distract us. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be spies or turncoats, but honestly that's not how it works in real war. You want to spy then you need to remain one for the duration of the campaign, or don't spy at all.

I would love to see this game implement or bring back campaign locks. It wouldn't stop faction swapping but would keep cheats from exploiting the failures of this game's design. You people need to establish some boundaries, for real.

If your saying you think AP switches to DC to run the way they do on EP at night? I have to inform you that you didn't get all the tin foil off. There is a guild on DC that runs similar during the day. It's possible there are AP members playing over there? But it's of their own desire to do so. It might look very much the same, but it is not related to AP. If I misread or misunderstood, then I apologize in advance =)
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    Rin_Senya wrote: »
    Just as an example of how this is abused Dracarys normally play on EP in Vivec NA and have played mainly on EP in the current campaign. Today they were running a full raid on AD in Vivec Na, if EP has long queues then they should go to another campaign.

First of all we weren't playing AD on Sundays because of the queue. Secondly we never run a "full raid" lol, we don't even have 24 ppl in the guild or space on teamspeak for that.

You think this makes it better? It arguably makes it worse.
  • ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭
    How it will work. A player can only achieve LP by owning a guild. His guild must commit to the same faction for the duration of the campaign. And together the guild will gather LP points for their leader. Whoever gathers the most points will qualify for Emp. But it must be a faction decision voted on by the top five active guild leaders who achieved enough points to vote.

So, my immediate thought when reading this was.. that basically, you're saying only guild leaders will have the opportunity to be emps... and everyone in the guild is working to get their leader emp each month. Wow... where would you find enough shepple who are willing to "work" to get you emp?

This is what really is all fracked up in your "solution" -> all the guild players' efforts go to glorify and emp their guild leader (i.e.)you... Seriously... really???

At this point.. I'm just shaking my head in amazement... I'm wondering what happens if/when huge amounts of players want to be emp each month? So... they make a guild.. gather their own sheeple who can work to get them emp.. ohnos!!!.. now you will have a smaller pool of sheeple who are being worker ants for you!! I don't know about you.. but that seems like an unholy and unfair "solution" to me.

Also.. what happens with the players who are in multiple PvP guilds? Do they have to pick which egotistical/god complex guild leader they "worship" the most and drop all their other PvP guilds.. so that all their efforts in the campaign go to the one true god... oops... I mean guild leader each month?
    These five guild leaders must vote on which guild leader will become the Emp and they will all get buffs as well as the Emp’s High Council.

Ok.. so how long do you think it would take for that oh so "special" council to become a good ol' boys & girls system? That is.. if it didn't start out as that right from the beginning where the counsel leaders take "turns" being emp (assuming they win the campaign). Again.. that seems like an unholy and unfair mess to me.

I do agree that the emp system needs to be changed somehow.. but whatever that change might be.. (imho) it needs to be an equal opportunity for every player who plays in the campaign and not some guild leaders only.. ego boosting BS of "I have more sheeple than you do who are pitiful enough to stroke my ego and "work" to glorify me and make me emp each month..

I know the idea may come off as hardcore to some casuals. It’s inclusive, with good reason. Emperorship is something that should be valued and respected for PvP skills not AP farming.

I’ll give you an example:

Player A will give his account to his cousin Player B who he pays real money to farm AP for him while Player A sleeps. When Player A wakes up no one on the ranked board will be able to catch him if he has an illegal system to farm AP 24 hours. This has ultimately destroyed the Emp system. Giving it to undeserving players who don’t even contribute to the campaign.

What Leadership Points does is bring respect and appreciation to all of the hard working guild leaders who (have respectful jobs in RL) have been fighting for five years in Cyrodill to win for their faction and never got rewarded for it. And after having their experiences ruined by exploiters and AP farmers, these players deserve some kind of repayment for their dedication to the actual faction.

It will be challenging I know for players who aren’t serious about PvP. For players that want to farm the Emperor for title and color will have to consider this challenge. I also think it should tie into the lore of the Elder Scroll and support the original idea of what they had intended Emperorship to be—a reward and rare seat to uphold.

Furthermore your comment about a guild being sheep does not correlate with my vision. It’s about the mentality of the guild leader. That’s why I suggested their be a council of five guild leaders who are high in LP to vote for this individual. It’s not about the points it’s about the person. So if you are a tyrant seeking the title and a degenerate to everyone; even if you qualify it’s up to your peers to approve your position. It’s about the quality of a person not the quantity of his LP points, something to consider.

Zos please listen.

Even if it’s just for Vivec to have this unique system; let the other campaigns have the traditional system. For LP I will pay to play in this campaign. Yes if you make it for subscribed players only, you will get quality over quantity.

Edited by ServerusEcru on January 30, 2019 1:23AM
    "Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    In pvp, unfortunately, to care is to hate.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No campaign lock. I have different friends in different factions, plus, as an Aussie who likes Sotha, I often log on to find the map painted.

It's not all about you OP.

Plus, if you look at the scores, people aren't getting to emp by flipping keeps/resources, otherwise keeps/resources would be changing so quickly you'd be in danger of having an epileptic fit. And they're not.

Edited by Mr_Walker on January 30, 2019 1:26AM
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, my immediate thought when reading this was.. that basically, you're saying only guild leaders will have the opportunity to be emps... and everyone in the guild is working to get their leader emp each month. Wow... where would you find enough shepple who are willing to "work" to get you emp?

This is what really is all fracked up in your "solution" -> all the guild players' efforts go to glorify and emp their guild leader (i.e.)you... Seriously... really???

At this point.. I'm just shaking my head in amazement... I'm wondering what happens if/when huge amounts of players want to be emp each month? So... they make a guild.. gather their own sheeple who can work to get them emp.. ohnos!!!.. now you will have a smaller pool of sheeple who are being worker ants for you!! I don't know about you.. but that seems like an unholy and unfair "solution" to me.

Ok.. so how long do you think it would take for that oh so "special" council to become a good ol' boys & girls system? That is.. if it didn't start out as that right from the beginning where the counsel leaders take "turns" being emp (assuming they win the campaign). Again.. that seems like an unholy and unfair mess to me.

What Leadership Points does is bring respect and appreciation to all of the hard working guild leaders who (have respectful jobs in RL) have been fighting for five years in Cyrodill to win for their faction and never got rewarded for it. And after having their experiences ruined by exploiters and AP farmers, these players deserve some kind of repayment for their dedication to the actual faction.

Again... all I'm seeing is guild leader focused rhetoric. I'm not saying faction guild leaders don't matter but I am saying that there have been many more people who might not be guild leaders who have worked just as hard and deserve just as much "reward" as what you believe guild leaders should get. Your system completely discounts them... except for their part where they work together as a group to get their guild leader made emp..

That sounds like so much fun!! [/sarcasm off]

Also.. I would say that there are people who run groups and try to help their campaigns win who are not guild leaders.. what do they get in your system?

Edited by TerraDewBerry on January 30, 2019 1:40AM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

• How it will work. A player can only achieve LP by owning a guild. His guild must commit to the same faction for the duration of the campaign. And together the guild will gather LP points for their leader. Whoever gathers the most points will qualify for Emp. But it must be a faction decision voted on by the top five active guild leaders who achieved enough points to vote.

Example:

Iron Legion 1,000 LP
    Guardians of Daggerdall 900 LP
    Elder Skills 850 LP
    Order of the Candle 700 LP
    Rats of Tobruk 690 LP

How to dethrone an Emp?
    Each member of the High Council will choose a keep to claim for their guild and based on how many Leadership Points the guild has such will determine the strength of their keeps defense. This will make it challenging to take a keep. Rival factions must turn all five keeps at the same time including the Emperors stronghold to dethrone Emp.

Zos, your thoughts and I’d like to hear the communities thoughts?

I think your heart's in the right place, but this idea is basically "I'm going to herd cats!"

• ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭

Also.. I would say that there are people who run groups and try to help their campaigns win who are not guild leaders.. what do they get in your system?

Great Leadership. They will get guild leaders who not only care about winning for their faction but they are committed to the campaign and not just out to farm AP. Not everyone is designed to be a leader. That’s why it’s called Leadership Points, content for PvP guilds and their respective guild leaders. The Emp seat should be the same. It should not be placed in the hands of a tyrant or a 10 year old who is only out to get his AP then go buy cool stuff. It should be for a player who is respected in the eyes of PvPers—one who contributes in Cyrodill and plays the campaign right.

The term leadership is often devalued in our modern society. And here you devalue it by saying that an average player should be able to jump in and achieve what the leaders should have achieved long ago thus were robbed from it due to a faulty system. What about the situation now? It’s not designed for the leaders or for the PvPers. It’s designed for organized AP farmers. Sadly the players who care about PvP will never get a chance to be Emp because they are more concerned about winning instead of farming. And so they fight the good fight and hope that one day Zos will hear them.

Sometimes fairness and equality can’t exist in MMO’s and we get that. But at least if we are going to take away fairness and equality it should affect those who are not serious about Cyrodill content and help those who are committed.

The players who want to support their guild and leaders will do so because they care about PvP as well and they care about the leaders who make things happen. There is already a lot of stuff to achieve for PvEers. Now is the time for the PvPers to rise up and take back Cyrodill. But we can’t do it without the support of loyal PvPers and the wonderful Zos staff members who care and listen.

Have a good day. And thanks for your comments.

Edited by ServerusEcru on January 30, 2019 3:00AM
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Leadership. They will get guild leaders who not only care about winning for their faction but they are committed to the campaign and not just out to farm AP. Not everyone is designed to be a leader. That’s why it’s called Leadership Points, content for PvP guilds and their respective guild leaders. The Emp seat should be the same. It should not be placed in the hands of a tyrant or a 10 year old who is only out to get his AP then go buy cool stuff. It should be for a player who is respected in the eyes of PvPers—one who contributes in Cyrodill and plays the campaign right.

The term leadership is often devalued in our modern society. And here you devalue it by saying that an average player should be able to jump in and achieve what the leaders should have achieved long ago thus were robbed from it due to a faulty system. What about the situation now? It’s not designed for the leaders or for the PvPers. It’s designed for organized AP farmers. Sadly the players who care about PvP will never get a chance to be Emp because they are more concerned about winning instead of farming. And so they fight the good fight and hope that one day Zos will hear them.

Sometimes fairness and equality can’t exist in MMO’s and we get that. But at least if we are going to take away fairness and equality it should affect those who are not serious about Cyrodill content and help those who are committed.

The players who want to support their guild and leaders will do so because they care about PvP as well and they care about the leaders who make things happen. There is already a lot of stuff to achieve for PvEers. Now is the time for the PvPers to rise up and take back Cyrodill. But we can’t do it without the support of loyal PvPers and the wonderful Zos staff members who care and listen.

I do understand and get what you're saying... we just don't happen to see eye to eye about the role/importance a leader should have and what "rewards" they should get.. that no one but them gets because.. well.. they're just such a fabulous "leader" and "make things happen" for the "little people" under their command/leadership. My view comes from my own personal stubbornness and my "gods help you if you try and control me" attitude. Under your system, I would have a very difficult time being one of the little cogs in the big machine..

I probably wouldn't stay 10 minutes in a guild where the guild leader had the misguided belief that they had any right to have me do X thing in Cyrodiil to help them get LP points and hopefully, be emped. I would be like... "excuse me?" and I'd be leaving the guild. I am typically not a follower.. but I also am not someone who feels a need or desire to lead. I have been in PvP groups.. and had a great time. I have followed where the group leader wanted to go.. but the second I start feeling like they are on a power trip or making (in my view stupid choices).. I'm out of the group and off doing my own thing in Cyrodiil.

I believe you see the role/importance of a leader as something very different. I'm not saying it's completely wrong.. it just happens to be your point of view. And truthfully, I'm ok with that group dynamic.. as long as whatever sheeple the leader has found are actually willing to spend their free time working to give the leader LP points and emp.. and all they get in return is "good leadership". And, if somehow (and nope.. I personally don't see how), just being in the presence of the "leader" and being able to be a part of the magic they "make happen" in the group is enough for them.. I would be like.. ok.. yeah.. whatever.. "don't forget to refill that kool-aid cup before you go out and bask in the glory of your leader".

So.. nope.. in 10,000 years you and I are not ever going to see eye on this issue.. and that's ok. I would not, however, be "ok" if your system was implemented as how things work in the Cyrodiil emp system... because it (imho), either forces me to be a little cog in the big machine.. or a leader of the little cogs in the big machine.. and I don't want to do either of those things.

I think that's about all I can say as to why I disagree with your proposed Cyrodiil emp system. And hey.. you have a good day too.. ;)
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on January 30, 2019 7:27AM
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, accidental double post.. please delete.
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on January 30, 2019 5:54AM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great fight at Chal yesterday guys!
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sacredx: I like a lot of your suggestions, but not all:
    Sacredx wrote: »
    • Loyalty rewards for remaining on one faction. Say +10% AP per day up to say 30% bonus. This allows players to swap if they need to or if they don't care about AP and at the same time benefits those who remain loyal to their faction.
    I see how this can add up, but I think its not enough of an incentive. I would propse a much stronger tool: When you play in a campaign and relog to a character of another alliance in the same campaign, your AP earned for campaign ranking (not for the char itself) are being reset. This would allow you to play different chars on the same alliance and be rewarded, but if you play part-time against your alliance, you loose the (campaign) ranking you earned.
    • Emp system. Rework it entirely. The current system rewards a single player for what is essentially a pve based system in a pvp environment, which is ridiculous. idk what the best fix is. I previously suggested that top 10 players get a scaling buff, a bit like a council of rulers. Reward those who put in the effort and not just 1 person. This is not a dictatorship after all.
    I like the uniqueness of emperor, its something to go for. Handing out buffs for the top10 (of all alliances, not only the one owning emp!) would be a niced added incentive to push for the highest rankings. But mainly I would make the whole ranking list much more dynamic by giving the last 24 hours of eanred AP a massively increased weight. You can still count up all AP earned during a campaign for the final rewards, but such a change would finally enable weekend-players or ppl with a bit of a vacation to push for emp even if they cannot be online 3 weeks in a row. I would also tightly tie AP gain to population balance.
    • Rework the faction points system. The current one is imbalanced and easily manipulated by back capping. Make your home keeps much stronger based on how many frontline layers of owned keeps you have. 1 layer = 50% stronger back keeps to discourage back capping. If 2 layers then the rss become immune to capping. This will prevent players from exploiting the rss flips before tick and essentially deciding the faction winner (another reason why the current point system is broken). We don't want players pveing in pvp, which is what is currently happening.

On healthy campaigns, this would be a nice idea, but on night/morning or whatever capped campaigns, this is punishing the players of the non-capping alliances. If you play PC-EU/Vivec you know that AD is basically turning the map yellow at 5AM and then massing up their whole online faction in the 'frontline layers' to zerg down any single enemy player or small scale group with 24+ man. Back capping is the only way to start dispersing such mobs.
    • Faction balancing rework. Remove the current dinosaur low pop bonus and replace it with a dynamic AP scale based on pop imbalance. The bigger the pop difference the more AP the low pop factions get. Say 25% bonus for each bar difference.
    100% agree on the rework, but not connected to population bars. Nobody know what those bars are standing for, my best estimate is 1 bar for 0-9 players online, 2 bars for 10-25, 3 bars to 26-50+ players per alliance. They are definitely not showing even-spaced 1/4, 2/4 and 3/4 to pop-lock as many ppl assume. Display real-time player numbers on each alliance and use those for balancing calculations.
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a terrible idea and basically an outcry of 'I cannot make emp myself, pls, better guildies, carry me there!' If you are a good PVPer with a good guild around you - no matter whether you're the guild leader or not - you can make emp. If you cannot, you dont deserve the title.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would, and did, work in a game with a healthy pvp population. This game does not have one any longer and based on ZOS's several year long failure to even seriously try to turn that around it never will again. Go play GW2 with server-based locking like you want.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sacredx: I like a lot of your suggestions, but not all:
    • Loyalty rewards for remaining on one faction. Say +10% AP per day up to say 30% bonus. This allows players to swap if they need to or if they don't care about AP and at the same time benefits those who remain loyal to their faction.
    I see how this can add up, but I think its not enough of an incentive. I would propse a much stronger tool: When you play in a campaign and relog to a character of another alliance in the same campaign, your AP earned for campaign ranking (not for the char itself) are being reset. This would allow you to play different chars on the same alliance and be rewarded, but if you play part-time against your alliance, you loose the (campaign) ranking you earned.

I liked this idea and think it might help detour some people from faction swapping to an extent. I would however, make a few changes/additions to your system:

1. I would make AP an account wide currency with accumulated totals on the currency page. Yes, I understand that AP is essentially account wide now, because you can deposit AP currency from any character to your bank. That's not what I'm saying.. I'm saying AP currency would work like account wide crown points or transmute crystals because any AP currency any character earns on any campaign would be the same for every character on their currency page. On the currency page there would be two running totals/entries for AP currency. A total AP currency that builds up over time from month to month and a monthly home campaign AP currency that resets each home campaign cycle to 0 (with whatever AP currency you ended up with from the month before going to your overall account wide AP currency.

2. The first faction and home campaign you play on during one of its cycles is considered your account's "faction and home campaign" for 30 days. You can play a different faction on a different campaign.. but you can't play more than one faction on your account's current monthly campaign without a penalty. For someone who faction swapped to play with a "friend" in their home campaign.. they would have their home campaign alliance rank reset as you suggested, and their account wide monthly AP currency would also lose 1/2 of the AP currency it has earned on all campaigns during that month if they switch to a different faction on their home campaign during the current campaign cycle. This AP penalty to their monthly AP total would happen each time they switch factions on their home campaign, just like their campaign rank gets reset each time they switch. So, they still can get a little AP reward (depending on how much they play and how often they switch factions on their home campaign) or they play with their "friends" on a guest campaign with no penalty to their current campaign AP currency accumulation & home campaign rank for that campaign, play a different faction on a different campaign with no penalty, or one or the other "friend" makes a character that matches the home campaign faction of the other "friend"... because friends don't let "friends" play on opposite factions in the same campaign!! :smile:

3. I would also implement what @biminirwb17_ESO suggested in this thread that there be a time penalty for faction swapping:
    My solution is a timer for faction swaps that increases each time you swap, 1,2,4,8,16 hrs etc per campaign. Lets people swap a few times to play with friends but removes blatant actions.

I like that idea as well. I realize that a time, monthly campaign rank + AP penalty won't fix everything because some people have multiple accounts.. but that hopefully helps a little and I think some, (but not all), people would think twice before switching factions on their home campaign.
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on January 30, 2019 6:42PM
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Leadership. They will get guild leaders who not only care about winning for their faction but they are committed to the campaign and not just out to farm AP. Not everyone is designed to be a leader. That’s why it’s called Leadership Points, content for PvP guilds and their respective guild leaders. The Emp seat should be the same. It should not be placed in the hands of a tyrant or a 10 year old who is only out to get his AP then go buy cool stuff.

Maybe you should just work on improving as a guild first, before worrying about EMP.

Here are the current rankings for NA/PC Vivec, where your guild plays.

EP First place person on leaderboard = Drac Guild
    AD First Place Person on Leaderboard = Omni Guild

DC First Place Person? Are you saying this person is a 10 year that none of your guilds can compete with but is only 7th on the overall score?

Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst its still able, and un-regulated by ZOS there is very little we can do.
    Well, we could ofc regulate ourselves but that won't work because of the majority of selfish people who would rather see a campaign destroyed than made competitive / fun.

For some reason they removed the lock so people could 'play with friends' - really??? Decide on your faction and play as a group, it's not an excuse to screw up an entire games PVP system. They only last 7 - 30 days. If your friends can't wait that long you need better friends.

Anyhow - we know ZOS aren't interested in solving this, so maybe aim your anger towards them instead of the fellow community, write a message directly to them.
    We all know they don't even read the forums, your time and efforts would be better spent elsewhere :)
  • ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭

This is a terrible idea and basically an outcry of 'I cannot make emp myself, pls, better guildies, carry me there!' If you are a good PVPer with a good guild around you - no matter whether you're the guild leader or not - you can make emp. If you cannot, you dont deserve the title.

This is a contradiction to the current Emp system and also an ignorant slight to my idea. I get that you don’t like the idea but please don’t discredit it and change it around to fit your own bias opinion. I state this because every person who ever got Emp never achieved it alone. They always got support from the faction and guilds to push for Emp. Even in my own guild we supported our member @StrayCatVixen who wanted it. She achieved the Empress title the right way; not by just being good, but having good support.

My idea is not much different, accept it will be an opportunity for Guildmasters like @Shadowgrabber who sacrificed so much for his faction, for many years, thus never achieved Emp, because he would rather win then make it about himself. Believe it or not many Guild Leaders have this same mentality. We aren’t in this for ourselves but we care about winning and supporting our faction. We only ask that Zos gives us a chance to achieve something that is well deserved and it should be based on PvP skills and strategy instead of farming AP.

My advice to you is the next time you come on a thread with criticism; know your facts and your opponent first. 😉

Have a great evening.
    Edited by ServerusEcru on January 31, 2019 4:44AM
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why have a decided faction when one Tamriel was released and pushed out by ZOS!
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    all factions suck and emp is meaningless so is playing for the campaign
  • Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭
    some people faction hop to what ever has good fights
    for example i have a EP character, EP is 3 bar pop and AD and DC's at 1bar pop, but i want to pvp, so i get on m DC character so i can fight EP
    what you are suggesting would take that away from me, which means i wont be able to pvp
    i feel like your suggestions arent for the reasons you claim, you say its for people who actually want to pvp, yet you dont want a poor EP player to jump on DC when EP is zerging down the map, doesnt make sense
    PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
    Worst Twitch Streamer Here
  • Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭
    i also dont understand why everyone thinks AP farming isnt real pvp, its so illogical
    if farming groups of people for AP isnt real pvp, then what is? playing the map? trying to take the keeps?
    personally i think real PLAYER vs PLAYER is actually fighting the players, therefore making AP farming.. real PLAYER vs PLAYER
    PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
    Worst Twitch Streamer Here
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people just need to be bones for the wolves to chew on.

With that said, while they did make fundamental flaws in this game, its population can be restored. I think faction locking is a good temporary solution to a bigger problems and that problem is the players themselves, people are selfish and self serving; most people do not have the conviction to commit themselves to something if they do not see personal gains and benefits in this age.

Cyrodiil lacks depth, it lacks reason; it's too accessible. I think if they re-did how players obtained siege equipment in Cyrodiil and Cyrodiil required player interaction; you'd see a better game.

Go out into the Cyrodiil wilderness and find resources in order to construct Siege Equipment and Destructables. Make the destructables require resources for upkeep, not just constantly being upkept.

Most of the map isnt used for anything important, players should go out and hunt blueprints in order to build more advanced versions of siege, not just buy sieges real quick and burn a door down. Bring Lumber to the lumber mill, Hay to the Farm, and Stone and Steel to the mine. Player involvement...

It'd give guild stores in Cyrodiil an economy again, since they put in guild traders.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vote Order of the candle 4 emp!
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel