The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

STOP Faction Hopping and AP Farming

• dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a similar idea Bones.
    Numerous resource mines out in the unused wilderness of Cyrodiil.
    The mines would provide a resource that would be used to build upgraded sieges, upgraded NPC's armours + skills and give the NPC mages the ability to put up small force-fields to protect parts of the walls / door.

Once a faction captures a resource mine, NPC 'miners' mine the resource until a certain amount has been gathered, then they pack it up into a cart and a small group of NPC's guide the resource materials to the nearest Keep that is owned by that faction.
    The NPC's can be killed, just like guards, and would need a small retinue of Players to help protect the resources - thus spreading the population out a little more.

• TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    The mines would provide a resource that would be used to build upgraded sieges, upgraded NPC's armours + skills and give the NPC mages the ability to put up small force-fields to protect parts of the walls / door.

Once a faction captures a resource mine, NPC 'miners' mine the resource until a certain amount has been gathered, then they pack it up into a cart and a small group of NPC's guide the resource materials to the nearest Keep that is owned by that faction.
    The NPC's can be killed, just like guards, and would need a small retinue of Players to help protect the resources - thus spreading the population out a little more.

I think just increasing the involvement would bring Cyrodiil to life.

Buying siege and blowing down a door isn't fun.

Also the point system sucks, low rank should be low AP. High rank high CP and after a player loses EMP the should be recycled back into the pool.
  • ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭
    Some people just need to be bones for the wolves to chew on.

With that said, while they did make fundamental flaws in this game, its population can be restored. I think faction locking is a good temporary solution to a bigger problems and that problem is the players themselves, people are selfish and self serving; most people do not have the conviction to commit themselves to something if they do not see personal gains and benefits in this age.

Cyrodiil lacks depth, it lacks reason; it's too accessible. I think if they re-did how players obtained siege equipment in Cyrodiil and Cyrodiil required player interaction; you'd see a better game.

Go out into the Cyrodiil wilderness and find resources in order to construct Siege Equipment and Destructables. Make the destructables require resources for upkeep, not just constantly being upkept.

Most of the map isnt used for anything important, players should go out and hunt blueprints in order to build more advanced versions of siege, not just buy sieges real quick and burn a door down. Bring Lumber to the lumber mill, Hay to the Farm, and Stone and Steel to the mine. Player involvement...

It'd give guild stores in Cyrodiil an economy again, since they put in guild traders.

This is an awesome idea! I love player involvement and that feeling of accomplishment. I think the opportunity to strengthen your keeps over time will create more small scale PvP as well. Like if the resources you farm can be stolen by other players to distribute; this gives smaller groups some stuff to achieve. This essentially gives Cyrodill a greater purpose than just AP farming. With this idea you are actually contributing to the content of the server.
    "Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
    NA/PC/ Order of the Candle
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »

I love that idea! It would be interesting if the enemy faction was able to kill the ore, lumber, farming NPC and then their faction gets those resource materials added to their faction. How much a faction holds in ore, lumber, and farm materials could also impact the faction's score and help win or lose a campaign.. just as not having enough resources impacts wars.

Oh.. and back on topic.. I think having guild leaders be the only ones who are eligible for emp and are voted in by a "special council" of all their faction buddies (who are also guild leaders) is bad.. mmmkay? :)

The opportunity to get Emp should be open and equal for all!!
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on February 2, 2019 6:23AM
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people just need to be bones for the wolves to chew on.

With that said, while they did make fundamental flaws in this game, its population can be restored. I think faction locking is a good temporary solution to a bigger problems and that problem is the players themselves, people are selfish and self serving; most people do not have the conviction to commit themselves to something if they do not see personal gains and benefits in this age.

Cyrodiil lacks depth, it lacks reason; it's too accessible. I think if they re-did how players obtained siege equipment in Cyrodiil and Cyrodiil required player interaction; you'd see a better game.

Go out into the Cyrodiil wilderness and find resources in order to construct Siege Equipment and Destructables. Make the destructables require resources for upkeep, not just constantly being upkept.

Most of the map isnt used for anything important, players should go out and hunt blueprints in order to build more advanced versions of siege, not just buy sieges real quick and burn a door down. Bring Lumber to the lumber mill, Hay to the Farm, and Stone and Steel to the mine. Player involvement...

It'd give guild stores in Cyrodiil an economy again, since they put in guild traders.

To take it a step further, maybe have a capped number of siege available to the faction based on how many resources your alliance holds and how long you’ve held them. If you don’t have enough alliance siege to go on the offensive, then you have to turtle and defend your resources.

Personal siege in our inventories would go away preventing people from stockpiling and bypassing the mechanic.

But to be honest, creating a new grind for siege and slowing down the flow of the game at this stage in the game’s life cycle is just going to drive people away. People want fights to be more accessible, not less.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    To take it a step further, maybe have a capped number of siege available to the faction based on how many resources your alliance holds and how long you’ve held them. If you don’t have enough alliance siege to go on the offensive, then you have to turtle and defend your resources.

A faction pushed to their gates needs to go on the offensive MORE, not less. This would just penalize a faction that is already in a weak spot.
  • Mariusnpr
    Mariusnpr
    Soul Shriven
    What if 2 brothers are playing on same account, each with different character? If the system would work as OP suggests, then only one of the brothers will be able to enter campaign, assuming they are in different alliances.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mariusnpr wrote: »
    What if 2 brothers are playing on same account, each with different character? If the system would work as OP suggests, then only one of the brothers will be able to enter campaign, assuming they are in different alliances.

There's a lot of flaws with this idea, but as usual, the consideration only goes so far as "I want this because me me me".
  • Fubar8
    Fubar8
    ✭✭
    Would like to add something about EMP farming that happens quiet often on EU/PC. Personally I did not care about it until I wanted to crown as EMP and it is taken by someone who farmed nearly 1M AP in an empty server within a hour. I exactly knew who was doing that thus reported them. Nothing happened.

Edit: Spelling
    Edited by Fubar8 on February 11, 2019 7:37PM
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I have a question: if I take a 8 man group and I go to one of the tri-keeps, take all the resources with the intention of fighting all comers over and over again... that is NOT real pvp??? Also, does that also not help the faction because all those players that are now coming to stop my group are no longer defending other parts of the map. Hence, in my mind at least other players of said faction should be taking keeps. How is that NOT real pvp or not helping the faction at all?

Also I think the idea suggested about LP points etc wouldn’t work well because not all guild leaders dream of being emp over and over again. I also think that if ANYONE who wants it should be eligible to go for it, that plan would make it to where most players would never achieve it. I have been emp to many times to count on multiple characters, I like to think I did it “the right way.” I fought other players to get it. My guild and the guild I am currently member of in both helped me get it and defend it. We also rallied other guilds on the server to help push the ring and hold it. I couldn’t have done it without any of them. Majority of the time we were fighting tooth and nail at every keep. Especially my first emp on Haderus, it was pop locked during prime to get it and I lost it after 4 hours. How is that not respectful and have no meaning? I have helped guild members and non-members get emp most times getting zerged down at the final keep, as it should be. Maybe, things just need to be re-evaluated, “night capping” happens but for the most part we fight for it on Sotha and the AP farmer’s believe it or not have a part to play in it to.
    Edited by Dutchessx on February 12, 2019 10:17PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star