Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you all think spear/polearm (or any new weapons really) is impossible now?

• phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wont be hard to make they can def do the animations some of them are already in game

My templar can throw a spear stab with a spear and fly in the air with a spear and throw one into the sky to land down at the enemy feet -aoe- and another ult aoe spear skill
    so that's 5 already the line it self is called Aedric Spear

In fact, to my understanding, the Aedric Spear line is the remnant of a scrapped Spear weapon line. Afaik spears were a planned feature during one of the stages of development but then got scrapped and assets were reused for the Aedric Spear line.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    We dont need a polearm or spear at all, not necessarily.

All we need is a bo-stick/spear skill line with morphs to either one style, and then we could just use these skills when any staff is equipped. Would give a nice extra use of any staff.

In future motifs that com, they could add the spear or polearm visual and also to the racial motifs. I think that would be enough.

I've always though staves needed a branch melee skill line. IRL, if you're holding a big stick and someone gets in your face, you're going to hit them with it!

It'd be nice to dip range skills from the existing staff skills, and have the possibility to also take from the close/mid range melee skills.

The only issue there is light/heavy attacks. How would you differentiate between a light melee vs light range (destro/resto).

I think that's the main reason they have always explicitly separated out weapons.
    Wands would be nice. Imagine a magic user tossing spells from duel wands.

Yeah, wands and sceptres. You could dual wield, or off-hand shield/blade/blunt.
    Edited by mairwen85 on February 21, 2019 9:50AM
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    In beta players were like We want spears! and ZOS be like You have Templars!

Indeed that si true

But what excuse do they have for Spellblades?
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't there a Redguard force that used Polearms? Anyways I would love to use Polearms. It would be the ultimate melee weapon. I can see the AOE now with a full swing as a heavy attack.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After they cracked open the "new class" seal with Warden's, I don't think anything is really impossible.

I'd anticipate that every new chapter is going to bring something major--so far, we've gotten:

1). new game mode/playstyle (battlegrounds)+new class
    2). New active skill line (psijic)+major crafting mechanic(jewelry crafting)
    3). New class (necromancer)+unknown

Those are all pretty big additions. I don't know if they can keep pumping out classes, and there aren't any obvious holes in the crafting system. New weapon lines would be a pretty obvious thing to implement.

The biggest "problem" with a new weapon line, I think, isn't really developing the skills or animations: it's coming up with the dozens and dozens of different art assets for motifs. Certainly possible, and some of the basic/old motifs can probably just be "existing blade asset+existing staff asset."

There's also the question of the arena weapon sets. If we get longarms or sword and runes or crossbows or whatever, do they go back and put in a maelstrom spear, for example?
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    I mean, look at the amount of motif we have now

even though new class has 3 skill lines to animate, weapon only has one, but standard weapons like spears will mean 80~ new models need to be made for each craftable motifs

And I just don't see that happening

Which is sad, really.
    I did the main quest line again and when they said there are masters of polearms among redguard ansei, they appear to just use staff and somehow became mage when they are raised from the dead

I think they need to add new magicka weapons before stamina any more myself.
  • Sibenice
    Sibenice
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's impossible. I just think that it would take an expansion level amount of work to do so similar to the new classes or crafting lines of the previous.
  • lolli42
    lolli42
    ✭✭✭
    lel
    why u crying for a spear
    i got 1 :v

1550800202_Elder_Scrolls__Online_Screenshot_2019.02.22_-_02.46.29.26.png
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know about Spears but...

1h and Rune/Spell. It’s already in the game for npcs.

eaLr6ie.jpg

her name is Henneque Chamrond in Daggerfall

edit: here's another i just got today
    YFxDuij.jpg in Elden Root npc name Gerinien, no sword on her character model before she attacks so the sword might be a summoned spell itself.
    Edited by max_only on February 22, 2019 2:13AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom