The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Earthgore

• Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    I think alot of sets are overperforming in general and in general do too much work overall. nerf all the sets buff all the skills!
    Edited by Liww on February 10, 2019 12:17PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really frustrating in battlegrounds when a team is wearing carry sets.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next pts right
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    Next pts right

Update 22 maybe, yes. At least the last class rep meeting report hinted at that.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Get_Packed wrote: »

Ok i wanna get gud, @vamp_emily i am formally asking you teach me your mastery ways of defeating eg.

Do you expect to win every 4 v 12 fight? Obviously you needed more players to fight that group.

Tip 1: Never be afraid to ask for help when you need it.

he brought up a specific fight that they should have won 4 v 12, but lost because of a monster set.

Do you expect to lose every fight just because you're outnumbered, or would you prefer it if this game required skill to kill people? blob mentality seems like pretty poor game design.
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why didn't you bait out EG then?

Please go into detail how a four man group can push out enough damage without ults against 12 people to bait out 6 earthgores and healing ultimates, all in a 35 second time period before earthgore is off of cooldown. Also please explain how you can identify who has earthgore in an outnumbered fight like that so you can focus them first.

Nothing is stopping the 12 man group from popping a healing ult or barrier to negate the burst and win the fight easily(they should, they're 12 people). There's more than enough ults and utility at the disposal of the larger group, they don't need an aoe burst heal on top of it.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FrankonPC wrote: »

Why didn't you bait out EG then?

Please go into detail how a four man group can push out enough damage without ults against 12 people to bait out 6 earthgores and healing ultimates, all in a 35 second time period before earthgore is off of cooldown. Also please explain how you can identify who has earthgore in an outnumbered fight like that so you can focus them first.

Nothing is stopping the 12 man group from popping a healing ult or barrier to negate the burst and win the fight easily(they should, they're 12 people). There's more than enough ults and utility at the disposal of the larger group, they don't need an aoe burst heal on top of it.

Firstly you don't target the person with earthgore on specifically. You target anyone who is out of position or squishy whilst not allowing yourself to be baited into a bad position. Next you focus damage without using ultis unless you can guarantee a kill.

If you put enough pressure then you'll bait ultis also. If you just kite kite kite ulti drop kite kite kite then sure you're going to have a bad time because you aren't doing anything to the enemy outside of the burst window (which is the reason EG was implemented)

Secondly time your burst better. Earthgore still is a heal over time. If you burst together not over 4 seconds you'll get kills regardless of if the EG proc.

Thirdly healing debuff.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on February 16, 2019 10:11AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill have to say that this set is primarily OP in CP. In noCP it’s not nearly as bad. You can easily damage people through it in no CP. I was against this before but the more I play no CP in this current iteration of ESO, I’m more and more on board with balancing PvP around no CP.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    Next pts right

The devs crutched on earthgore in their last match against the class reps.

Dont get your hopes up on any fixes.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't find it to be a problem anymore. Way fewer using it now, than a while back. Those ball groups stacking tightly and wearing Earthgore seems to have decreased. Which is good, there's nothing fun about people snapping back up to full health over and over, no skills involved.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    a complete carry set. so many no skill players geet saved by it, cant kill them solo cuz they think they are healbot tanks, cant bomb them in groups because 8 of them proc. its way too strong, it was given away in pvp vendor.

can we go back to meta when healing required some skill and it was all about being as tanky as possible?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    I don't find it to be a problem anymore. Way fewer using it now, than a while back. Those ball groups stacking tightly and wearing Earthgore seems to have decreased. Which is good, there's nothing fun about people snapping back up to full health over and over, no skills involved.

I definitely wouldn’t say fewer are using it. If anything more people are. You even see snipers wearing it. It’s a joke. You’ll get four pugs Xv1ing you down, you turn and burn them and 3 Earthgores proc. There’s no way it was meant to be a solo set but that’s what people are using it for, becuse they know it can save them from a death or they can just turtle up and rely on it.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RedGirl41 wrote: »
    a complete carry set. so many no skill players geet saved by it, cant kill them solo cuz they think they are healbot tanks, cant bomb them in groups because 8 of them proc. its way too strong, it was given away in pvp vendor.

can we go back to meta when healing required some skill and it was all about being as tanky as possible?

I still use LA on my PvP healer with less than 20K resists buffed and its hard to kill me. I can only imagine how hard it would be if I was lame enough to use EG. Good thing I don't use sets or skills I find too powerful. Winning is not everything; I'd rather lose than win with a cheese build. My enjoyment comes from having to react fast to deadly situations or turning battles around.

And no, I don't even use EG in PvE when I heal. Can't have my skills dull!
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    RedGirl41 wrote: »

I still use LA on my PvP healer with less than 20K resists buffed and its hard to kill me. I can only imagine how hard it would be if I was lame enough to use EG. Good thing I don't use sets or skills I find too powerful. Winning is not everything; I'd rather lose than win with a cheese build. My enjoyment comes from having to react fast to deadly situations or turning battles around.

And no, I don't even use EG in PvE when I heal. Can't have my skills dull!

You use skills AND sets? Ptfff naked just resto heavy attack healing here. Everything else just feels too powerful. I'd rather not have my skills dull.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on March 1, 2019 11:43AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One two three four

Fire that *** that made earthgore
    Edited by Nerftheforums on March 1, 2019 12:27PM
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    One two three four

Fire that *** that made earthgore

Cringe