The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Earthgore

TexGod
TexGod
✭✭✭
This monster helmet has been over performing since it came out and there hasn't been a single change to it.

What about this set makes it seem balanced to zenimax? There's 24 man groups who run 6 Earthgores+ and cannot be killed without similar numbers and similar Earthgore.
It just ruins tactical PVP in every aspect because no matter what your guild decides to do against these 24 man ball groups, nothing can be done. Negate can negate earthgore, yes, but it still procs on top of it and doesn't disappear. There isn't a single thing in the game that counters it, so why not just get your 24 man raid to run 6+ earthgores. I mean hell, you could have every person in a 24 man in earth gore and there wouldn't be a single thing in the game that could kill them.

I just want to know why, and what it takes to get it fixed because at the moment it's ruining PVP for a lot of people.
@S_oviet
GM of Cutest Boys
PC/NA
  • Cahooots
    Cahooots
    ✭✭
    Well if your group's smaller you shouldn't be able to wipe them anyway bud.
    ADRESTIA - PC/NA | Aldmeri Dominion
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They need to implement this into battle spirit “reduced all damage and healing from proc sets by 60% when in PvP areas”
  • TexGod
    TexGod
    ✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    They need to implement this into battle spirit “reduced all damage and healing from proc sets by 60% when in PvP areas”

there's no reason a two piece should be able to carry subpar players that happen to run in 24 man raids. It's gotten to a point where the only reason healers are even necessary are purifies. It's depressing.
    @S_oviet
    GM of Cutest Boys
    PC/NA
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    PSSSSSSSH it's ROCK PAPER SCISSORS DUDE
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    TexGod wrote: »
    frostz417 wrote: »

there's no reason a two piece should be able to carry subpar players that happen to run in 24 man raids. It's gotten to a point where the only reason healers are even necessary are purifies. It's depressing.

can't handle 24 v 1 rock paper scissors where if anyone in the 24 drops paper when you have rock, you autoloss? shoulda brought 24 friends in earthgore, son
    this meme is great
  • Nocturnalan
    Nocturnalan
    ✭✭✭
    You're going to be really upset when that new super regen set comes out. Anyway it's a 35sec. cooldown, let it proc, back off then attack. L2P.

-Sorry your cheese bomb builds don't work as well as they use to.
    Templar Healer PVP/PVE
    Stam/Mag Warden PVP
    MagSorc PVP
    XB1 NA 1100+CP
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It disgusts me that people just know they can't handle some good players and defend overperforming sets for this
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry OP there have been changes to it.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, it used to remove all ground placed effects in Earthgore's radius. Now it only removes 1 effect

That was a good change
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This monster helmet has been over performing since it came out and there hasn't been a single change to it.

What about this set makes it seem balanced to zenimax? There's 24 man groups who run 6 Earthgores+ and cannot be killed without similar numbers and similar Earthgore.
    It just ruins tactical PVP in every aspect because no matter what your guild decides to do against these 24 man ball groups, nothing can be done. Negate can negate earthgore, yes, but it still procs on top of it and doesn't disappear. There isn't a single thing in the game that counters it, so why not just get your 24 man raid to run 6+ earthgores. I mean hell, you could have every person in a 24 man in earth gore and there wouldn't be a single thing in the game that could kill them.

I just want to know why, and what it takes to get it fixed because at the moment it's ruining PVP for a lot of people.

It is a one trick pony at a 35 sec cool down. This is a learn 2 play issue. Zerglings really don't have a right to complain tbh. Especially when you have team purple and team green, zergs vs zergs, and whining nerf threads from snowflakes that are ruining PvP more then anything else.

There use to be a time when people would actually try to get better and list their builds, asking for help or advice, smh.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on January 27, 2019 10:01PM
  • TexGod
    TexGod
    ✭✭✭
    You're going to be really upset when that new super regen set comes out. Anyway it's a 35sec. cooldown, let it proc, back off then attack. L2P.

So what do is your plan of action when the guild you're fighting has 10 earthgores in group? Because my group has come across a few guilds that do that. Saying to proc them and back off is probably one of the most uninformed solutions i've been given.

You have to be under 50% health for the set to even proc, so how exactly do you expect a small man guild to proc a monster set like that on a 24 man, with an average health of 30k? But yeah, just run in and back off that will proc all 10 of them and completely eradicate the issue!
    @S_oviet
    GM of Cutest Boys
    PC/NA
  • TexGod
    TexGod
    ✭✭✭

Just needs to be removed to be completely honest. Or just gut the hell out of it and see how these 24 mans fair, especially with the rapids nerf I bet most of them go extinct.
    @S_oviet
    GM of Cutest Boys
    PC/NA
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just needs to be removed to be completely honest. Or just gut the hell out of it and see how these 24 mans fair, especially with the rapids nerf I bet most of them go extinct.

Nope disagree. Everything that is stacked by multiple players is OP.
  • TexGod
    TexGod
    ✭✭✭

Nope disagree. Everything that is stacked by multiple players is OP.

Just because several people use it doesn't mean there isn't different levels of OP. I would heavily prefer 24 earthgore stacks over 24 vigor stacks. I don't honestly believe what you said either, I've seen guilds who crutch on earthgore get decimated when they drop it. Clearly very unbalanced
    @S_oviet
    GM of Cutest Boys
    PC/NA
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My issue with earthgore isn’t even the absurd healing or how it stacks... it’s how brainless it is to use.

Add some skill component to it. Make it a conal ability, make it require a synergy activation, make it work only on players who aren’t CCd... anything... just make it so that you can’t be afk or botted and still be just as effective lol.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Kickimanjaro
    Kickimanjaro
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    My issue with earthgore isn’t even the absurd healing or how it stacks... it’s how brainless it is to use.

Add some skill component to it. Make it a conal ability, make it require a synergy activation, make it work only on players who aren’t CCd... anything... just make it so that you can’t be afk or botted and still be just as effective lol.

Making it a synergy isn't a bad idea! I'd kind of like to see how that would play out.
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    im not running dots in general so eurthgore doesnt bother me too much, its very strong vs the bleed/dot meta though, argueably too strong but the same can defenitly be said of bleeds for instance, and in general dots are plentiful outside of bleeds aswel in the meta,

so it is one of the few feasible counters, or be a templar, purge needs a serious buff to be more viable across the board of classes to be an argument imo unless you build around sustaining it. perhaps if the new curse eater set goes live it could get a tweak as it is alot for a two set I suppose.
    Edited by Liww on January 27, 2019 11:52PM
  • TexGod
    TexGod
    ✭✭✭
    Liww wrote: »
    im not running dots in general so eurthgore doesnt bother me too much, its very strong vs the bleed/dot meta though, argueably too strong but the same can defenitly be said of bleeds for instance, and in general dots are plentiful outside of bleeds aswel in the meta,

so it is one of the few feasible counters, or be a templar, purge needs a serious buff to be more viable across the board of classes to be an argument imo unless you build around sustaining it. perhaps if the new curse eater set goes live it could get a tweak as it is alot for a two set I suppose.

Yeah I agree it is a good counter, but even then the counter is way too strong when it affects other things. My guild relies a lot on burst damage and not sustained damage. So it completely counters us, but when we tried to create a more sustained damage composition with synergies, and DoT ultimates it countered that too.
    @S_oviet
    GM of Cutest Boys
    PC/NA
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭

35 seconds isn't a very long cooldown
    pots have a longer cooldown and they heal for 1/2-1/3 the amount of earthgore.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cahooots wrote: »

You absolutely should. Individual skill and group skill should matter.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I agree it is a good counter, but even then the counter is way too strong when it affects other things. My guild relies a lot on burst damage and not sustained damage. So it completely counters us, but when we tried to create a more sustained damage composition with synergies, and DoT ultimates it countered that too.

it overperforms horribly indeed, it singlehandedly can turn no cp BG's into zergfests aswel. It's hard to determine a good balance point though, if we'd consider that it wouldnt stack it would work for cyrodiil but would still leave bg's at a stalemate.

imo it could get nerfed, but I feel like most sets that put in ultimate level work should be nerfed, including damage ones.
  • afonik
    afonik
    ✭✭✭
    The total healing should be divided by the number of friendly players affected. This would reduce zerg abuse while keeping it usufull and fair
  • thoughtseize
    thoughtseize
    ✭✭
    It's already been nerfed and takes longer to heal for the full amount. It's pretty ok where it is now. I mostly do bgs and it's a good save sometimes but a lot of times you can kill people in the proc. earthgore is just a few free breath of life. If it's just a mediocre healer earthgore won't save you from better players. If it gets nerfed any more it's just another useless set to deconstruct for materials.

• Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just like to remember you all that the strongest healing skills in the game was nerfed because it took literally nothing to perform well with it. For who is too new to the game or has short memory, you didn't need to target your allies to heal them with BoL or HtD. Now imagine that after this nerf you can just slot a monster set that heals for more than those healing skills ever did (and any other tbh), and requires literally nothing to proc if not to slot a healing skip whatsoever. Earthgire does not consume resources, has extremely easy proc conditions and is AoE. AOE GODDAMNIT.

"Raise the floor, lower the ceiling" btw
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would just like to remember you all that the strongest healing skills in the game was nerfed because it took literally nothing to perform well with it. For who is too new to the game or has short memory, you didn't need to target your allies to heal them with BoL or HtD. Now imagine that after this nerf you can just slot a monster set that heals for more than those healing skills ever did (and any other tbh), and requires literally nothing to proc if not to slot a healing skip whatsoever. Earthgire does not consume resources, has extremely easy proc conditions and is AoE. AOE GODDAMNIT.

"Raise the floor, lower the ceiling" btw

And requires 2 pieces of gear to get it.

For small scale such as BGs, after Earthgore procs is usually the telling point if whether a healer is good or not.

Earthgore is a ball group problem just like everything else. That's the real reason everyone finds it OP.
    Edited by brandonv516 on January 28, 2019 3:50PM
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cahooots wrote: »

If the players are awful there should be no amount of sets that should save them.

Groups should win based off of their damage/survivability and healing done as a group, not off a set that procs on the person that needs it the most exactly when they need it.
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a one trick pony at a 35 sec cool down. This is a learn 2 play issue. Zerglings really don't have a right to complain tbh. Especially when you have team purple and team green, zergs vs zergs, and whining nerf threads from snowflakes that are ruining PvP more then anything else.

There use to be a time when people would actually try to get better and list their builds, asking for help or advice, smh.

It's not a one trick pony when you're an outnumbered group trying to coordinate burst with ultimates to wipe said bigger group and your ultimates take longer than 35 seconds to generate.

There was a time when people wouldn't defend a set that greatly benefited turtle gameplay and required zero skill to keep their group alive. smh.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this set did the opposite and did damage and wiped larger scale groups then it would be nerfed already.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is two fold with this set 1) it’s a brain dead set. It procs most often when a Zerg is flat on their backs from a DBoS about to die because none of them know how to manage resources. Then a couple of EGs go off and poof 15 people now are saved from the 7 people they couldn’t have survived otherwise and then the other 11 of them show up. 2) this set pretty much only benefits large groups and zergs. Skilled small person groups typically don’t use this set because they can do better without it and there are more important things to worry about.

This set is a floor raiser like none other. It is the single biggest crutch in PvP and it requires zero thought to use.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 28, 2019 5:35PM
  • TexGod
    TexGod
    ✭✭✭
    Hey
    Vapirko wrote: »
    The issue is two fold with this set 1) it’s a brain dead set. It procs most often when a Zerg is flat on their backs from a DBoS about to die because none of them know how to manage resources. Then a couple of EGs go off and poof 15 people now are saved from the 7 people they couldn’t have survived otherwise and then the other 11 of them show up. 2) this set pretty much only benefits large groups and zergs. Skilled small person groups typically don’t use this set because they can do better without it and there are more important things to worry about.

This set is a floor raiser like none other. It is the single biggest crutch in PvP and it requires zero thought to use.
    The best example of this is army of the pact. They run 4 full 24 man raids at a time and their damage is so lack luster. Yet every single coordinated group can’t kill them bc if you manage to get them low they have 10+ earthgores ready to pop. Easily the most braindead guild yet nothing can be done against them bc earth gore can stack infinitely on top of itself.
    @S_oviet
    GM of Cutest Boys
    PC/NA