The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

why don't more people complain about invisibility as a spammable means to completely cancel damage?

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    TBois wrote: »
    lol just slot a detect pot or use an aoe to reveal

lol what if your detect pot is on cooldown, or the nb is sniping you from range and rolling from your caltrops before you can hit them with it because they always have the upper hand? Counters only work effectively against bad NBs or melee range NBs.

then you wait for the correct opportunity to use the detect pot and burst, or you pull to someplace u can los so they get closer
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I actually decided to run my NB last night after this thread and used the counters. Detect pots work but there are so many NBs out there you would almost have to have it as your main POT. Evil hunter actually works IF you have an idea what a NB will do because the range is so short, but it also provides a good crit buff as well, and magelight is similar in providing more magicka and the range is also very short.

The best thing ever though, is having mark even in its nerfed state. There are some NBs who know how to actually play and will still be a hard out even if they cant cloak, but there are so many that go into absolute panic mode, and they usually are near large numbers of enemies trying to get a straggler to where they probably should panic. It's still kind of ironic that it takes a NB to really counter a NB; but if more people do it, especially to these snipe-cloak weavers; you might be able to thin them out.

Thats my big problem with it. I can deal with it but am getting damned tired of that pretty much being the game with so damned many.

My magNB is basically my Cyrodiil group’s anti-NB bodyguard, and an anti-gankblade troll in BGs. I wait for them to reveal themselves and keep mark up on them until they’re dead. Had mark not been nerfed into the ground, I’d play my NB more often because it is effing HILARIOUS when other NBs realize that their easymode button isn’t working.

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol what if your detect pot is on cooldown, or the nb is sniping you from range and rolling from your caltrops before you can hit them with it because they always have the upper hand? Counters only work effectively against bad NBs or melee range NBs.

then you wait for the correct opportunity to use the detect pot and burst, or you pull to someplace u can los so they get closer

LOL. Wait for the correct opportunity to use the detect pot... you mean once I’ve rezzed back at the keep, because some bowtard Snipe spammed me, glitched my health bar, and killed me before I realized I was even being hit? Should we all gimp ourselves by slotting potion reduction glyphs on our jewellery, and deplete our banks to afford detection potions (which are useless against the four remaining classes), just so we can spam detect pots on cooldown when in an area where there might be gankblades lurking?
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL. Wait for the correct opportunity to use the detect pot... you mean once I’ve rezzed back at the keep, because some bowtard Snipe spammed me, glitched my health bar, and killed me before I realized I was even being hit? Should we all gimp ourselves by slotting potion reduction glyphs on our jewellery, and deplete our banks to afford detection potions (which are useless against the four remaining classes), just so we can spam detect pots on cooldown when in an area where there might be gankblades lurking?

In this scenario is there one gankblade or are there multiple gankblades? If there is one you should be able to escape, los or hold up for a bit depending on your build. If they caught you off guard then they did their job well. If there are multiple you shouldn't expect such an easy fight that you would reveal and kill all within one pot cooldown. The bugs, health desync and lag, are completely different issues.
    Edited by TBois on January 29, 2019 6:28PM

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    heavier wrote: »
    steven22 wrote: »
    Its annoying but mostly because some other classes have been nerfed and we have soo many NBs now. Its just annoying when you go through more detect pots in a night than you do your main pot because everywhere you go; cloakers.

That said; I don't think a direct nerf is needed. If you play a NB, you can see it is not a guarantee that it will work. What I would like to see is get rid of the eye for detection so we can catch more flies. Increase the radius of camo hunter and radiant magelight to be that of a detect pot. One nerf though, would be any channeled ability removes stealth at the begining of activation. You can leave heavy attacks for magblades but snipes are outside of the range of all the counters. Alternatively to the channel nerf; make flare do like a rapid fire 5 shots that follows where you move your cursor up to 40 meters

Basically make the counters better and give us some way to deal with max range cloaking.

There are enough counters which are working fine against Cloak . If you cant handle it , maybe you are the problem. Think about that.

Wow. That's so insightful and profound. I should just use that 7 meter detect ability or detect pots that are what? 17 meters to detect someone sniping from 40 M. Totally my bad.

Cloak needs a rework or maybe they should remove this Skill completly. I would not mind cuz i dont use it very often in Pvp.
    Maybe cost increase or a mechanic like streak.

But it would be nice if snipe gets a damage decrease.

Thats the thing. I dont want cloak outright nerfed. Its not a given that its going to save you and thats why so many bad ones just sit back using snipe. Thats why I suggest making the counters more effective but it still requires you to use them rather than just demolish the playstyle of NB. Good NBs are going to be able to kite around and fight just like any non-cloaking class so a full cloak nerf is just taking away some identity.

Yes . In my opinion two things could be done : Increase the cost of cloak and / or decrease the damage out of it.
    Good nbs are using their shades for kiting mostly, so cloak isnt that necessary for them.
    Maybe next update ( Elsweyr ? ) we will see this change.

increasing the cost would be the best solution.
    have it increase with each cast like dodge roll...

That idea won't work, it will only further harm magnb. Problem with increased cost is alot of the stam nb have very low stealth detection radius so they stealth > dodgeroll > cloak and then they are in actual stealth. They don't spam cloak but maybe twice if caught out.

Kinda like how the increasing mag cost on streak places balanced limitations on the number of times mag and stamsorc can use their powerful escape tool? If my magsorc can’t streak for days to reset a fight, why should a magNB be able to freely spam cloak to a safe space, heal up, and immediately go on the offensive again? My old stamsorc could only use streak once, maybe twice, before running out of magicka, similar to how a stamNB would not be able to spam cloak if cloak had a timed cost increase associated with it.

You are comparing apples and oranges, I hate how people compare streak to cloak they are totally different in every single way. Streak is a gap creater, stam sorc is the fastest class in the game. 1 streak should be all you need with shuffle or forward momentum and they fastest movement speed in the game. Magsorc it's streak streal dardeal streak streak darkdeal. It's a gap creater man I hate you sorcs trying to act like your class is not strong. Come play magnb with me and we will see you here in a week crying.

K. Please see my signature — I play every class, including magNB. ;) Streak and Cloak are predominantly used in similar ways: for defense, primarily. Me trying to retreat from a fight on my magSorc with Streak would be HARDLY ANY DIFFERENT from me trying to retreat from a fight with Cloak. The only difference is that I would have a distinct advantage with cloak, as the enemy would not be able to see where I was trying to escape to (unlike when I use streak).

I play a cloakless magNB, though, as I recognize that the skill is an unbalanced crutch.

Lol yeah? What you running on magnb? It's not a coincidence there is 3 threads on the front page about how much of a mess magnb is in pvp right now.

And streak I'm sorry to say you sorc fans, is better than cloak. If I could keep the magnb tool kit and switch streak for cloak, I would do it in a heartbeat. You have the best gap creater in game with a give me more resource button in darkdeal. Yeah there is a stack cost, but if I can streak 60m away los, i dark deal to full resource. I mean it's even an aoe stun so you can streak though people stun and keep going.

Cloak as an escape? Without snare removal, because youre always snared, you move about 2m. You have 1 chance to get a shade off and hope they dont gapclose you. And to make the one shade worse, it doesn't work on the y axis anymore. So you're stuck with 1 chance to escape, a single nerfed shield, and cloak which is expensive to spam rapidly to mitigate damage. Any good player can lock you down without another means to make cloak effective.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In this scenario is there one gankblade or are there multiple gankblades? If there is one you should be able to escape, los or hold up for a bit depending on your build. If they caught you off guard then they did their job well. If there are multiple you shouldn't expect such an easy fight that you would reveal and kill all within one pot cooldown. The bugs, health desync and lag, are a completely different issues.

The health desync bug may be a different issue, but it is one that is absolutely abused by cloak spamming gankblades. I usually survive 1v1s against any other class by a player of equal skill, but it’s GG when I’m killed from stealth by a stamNB before the game even gives me any indication that I’ve been hit.

Anyway, don’t know why I’m even wasting time arguing about this. Back I go to other PVP games that are actually balanced and skill-based, where players don’t get carried by easy mode skills and gear!
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In this scenario is there one gankblade or are there multiple gankblades? If there is one you should be able to escape, los or hold up for a bit depending on your build. If they caught you off guard then they did their job well. If there are multiple you shouldn't expect such an easy fight that you would reveal and kill all within one pot cooldown. The bugs, health desync and lag, are a completely different issues.

The health desync bug may be a different issue, but it is one that is absolutely abused by cloak spamming gankblades. I usually survive 1v1s against any other class by a player of equal skill, but it’s GG when I’m killed from stealth by a stamNB before the game even gives me any indication that I’ve been hit.

Anyway, don’t know why I’m even wasting time arguing about this. Back I go to other PVP games that are actually balanced and skill-based, where players don’t get carried by easy mode skills and gear!

Yeah, if you are looking for something more skill based, I completely understand this isn't the game for it, but it is fairly balanced for mmopvp. Each class has multiple build options to put these easy mode skills and gear to work, and it's not like they are touting balance and having mlg tourneys.

I also feel sorry for anyone pvping on consoles, as performance is already bad enough on pc.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah; might run the NB more often. I had a pretty high kill count for just a couple hours playing last night. Somewhere around 85 streak when I had to log and I think half were other NBs. I even commented to my group at one point, I forgot we were near Chal because there were so many NBs near the gate, I thought I was between Nickel and Ash with AD being known to have a lot of stealthers.

What I would do for a counter, maybe a little self serving to getting a kick out of killing some of these guys; would be a risk to sneak and cloak where if you get hit while in either, you take increased damage. Plan your escape wisely.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because it's useless to even try. Cloak is the most broken mechanic in the game and the so-called "counters" are all unreliable (ridiculously short range or some other flaw). The devs like it that way so all the potatos have an "easy mode" they can play in, and the potatos like it that way so they can kill stray PvE'ers before they can react. Just get your defenses in order and get a CC on your bar and the honorless bugs squish pretty easily.

Counters are quite reliable actually. Especially when the nb solely relies on cloak. Which the potatoes you’re talking about totally do
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    illusion school of magic

remove cloak and 50% of your playerbase to say the least will disappear

is it not magnificent? I mean, just pure Ilussion School

no its not. i doubt that there are so many pvpers in the game. 50% of 2% of playerbase is more realistic. 99% of this 50% will eat nerf and adapt.

Yes, it is. Given the nonsensical and non-asked-for latest changes in Murkmire (and all the previous ones), if they nerf cloak it'll mean the final nail in the coffin for ESO for many players. Why? most of their playerbase will realize ESO devs don't know or care *** about them or their own game.

There's a lot of countermeasures against cloak but potato players have to go full potato and prove they'll remain potatoes.
    Why don't you NERFwagoners ask for BUFFs for your class instead and stop *** around??

The only real counter to a snipe spammer trying to gank you from a distance is dk wings. It is a great feeling when you see a projectile you didn't know was coming reflect back and kill the nb lolol

Lol if 50% of the population quit pvp because they can't cloak it would actually show how pathetic you guys really are.

Many classes have had to deal with so many nerfs. Templar and dk been nerfed so many times because of the community and yet they just adapted and are good.

Sorcs got streak and shields nerfed and adapted.

So you are telling me you couldn't adapt to a Nerf to your class because you can't see the move is so stupid? Lol

My recommendation is to remove cloak so you can't hide but instead nightblades should get evasion back so you have a 25% Dodge chance. You guys would keep elusiveness and still have a class skill the is exclusive to just you.

It would put an end to these stupid gank builds that take all skill out of the game and it makes it so every class can actually fight.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    illusion school of magic

no its not. i doubt that there are so many pvpers in the game. 50% of 2% of playerbase is more realistic. 99% of this 50% will eat nerf and adapt.

Yes, it is. Given the nonsensical and non-asked-for latest changes in Murkmire (and all the previous ones), if they nerf cloak it'll mean the final nail in the coffin for ESO for many players. Why? most of their playerbase will realize ESO devs don't know or care *** about them or their own game.

There's a lot of countermeasures against cloak but potato players have to go full potato and prove they'll remain potatoes.
    Why don't you NERFwagoners ask for BUFFs for your class instead and stop *** around??

The only real counter to a snipe spammer trying to gank you from a distance is dk wings. It is a great feeling when you see a projectile you didn't know was coming reflect back and kill the nb lolol

Lol if 50% of the population quit pvp because they can't cloak it would actually show how pathetic you guys really are.

Many classes have had to deal with so many nerfs. Templar and dk been nerfed so many times because of the community and yet they just adapted and are good.

So you are telling me you couldn't adapt to a Nerf to your class because you can't see the move is so stupid? Lol

My recommendation is to remove cloak so you can't hide but instead nightblades should get evasion back so you have a 25% Dodge chance. You guys would keep elusiveness and still have a class skill the is exclusive to just you.

It would put an end to these stupid gank builds that take all skill out of the game and it makes it so every class can actually fight.

You guys don't get it, what I'm trying to make you understand is we don't need more nerfs, enough is enough already. If you can't fight against nightblades in their current state is clearly a l2p issue, sorry. And yeah, removing cloak would be the most stupid move from ZoS they could possibly make, a nightblade without invisibility is a watered-down brawler and we have plenty of them from other classes.

Murkmire made me leave for 5 and a half months, out of anger and frustation. The patch that comes removing cloak, knowing beforehand it came from whining posts like this one, I would definitely quit and they can stick their necromancer up to their ***
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cloak has to be casted twice to achieve the same distance as Streak.

To achieve a comparable distance as Streak in one cast you need to slot a second skill: Concealed Weapon.

True story.
    Edited by brandonv516 on January 29, 2019 9:48PM
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    illusion school of magic

You guys don't get it, what I'm trying to make you understand is we don't need more nerfs, enough is enough already. If you can't fight against nightblades in their current state is clearly a l2p issue, sorry. And yeah, removing cloak would be the most stupid move from ZoS they could possibly make, a nightblade without invisibility is a watered-down brawler and we have plenty of them from other classes.

Murkmire made me leave for 5 and a half months, out of anger and frustation. The patch that comes removing cloak, knowing beforehand it came from whining posts like this one, I would definitely quit and they can stick their necromancer up to their ***

So glad to see you don't understand the power a NB can have with cloak lol. You think this is okay. Cloak snipe light attack cloak snipe and instant profit. Wait the otk didn't work and he sees me let me cloak and hide lol. Wait he found me and almost killed me cloak Dodge vigor rally cloak full health let me try to gank again. No other class can reset a fight like NB. Sorcs could but streak got nerfed.

So me surviving a NB over and over trying to gank and stunning me is a l2p issue. What I think the real l2p issue here is that nightblades been using cheese tactics since launch all involving cloak. I deal with my nerfs as a Templar and a dk. Even now a popular topic is to Nerf healing again because a lot of people can't 1 shot a healing class lol.

You are out of your mind if your going to be tell me that nb doesn't need a change. I'm glad you need a crutch to lean on because you can't or don't want to actually do a fight against another player 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You just want the illussion you are good at the game so you can make yourself feel better at night. Go YouTube some night blade gank videos you will see Sooooooo many one shots to players and guess what? All of them involve cloak :wink:

There's my evidence now where is yours that cloak shouldn't be nerfed other than crying? Lol
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    illusion school of magic

So glad to see you don't understand the power a NB can have with cloak lol. You think this is okay. Cloak snipe light attack cloak snipe and instant profit. Wait the otk didn't work and he sees me let me cloak and hide lol. Wait he found me and almost killed me cloak Dodge vigor rally cloak full health let me try to gank again. No other class can reset a fight like NB. Sorcs could but streak got nerfed.

So me surviving a NB over and over trying to gank and stunning me is a l2p issue. What I think the real l2p issue here is that nightblades been using cheese tactics since launch all involving cloak. I deal with my nerfs as a Templar and a dk. Even now a popular topic is to Nerf healing again because a lot of people can't 1 shot a healing class lol.

You are out of your mind if your going to be tell me that nb doesn't need a change. I'm glad you need a crutch to lean on because you can't or don't want to actually do a fight against another player 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You just want the illussion you are good at the game so you can make yourself feel better at night. Go YouTube some night blade gank videos you will see Sooooooo many one shots to players and guess what? All of them involve cloak :wink:

There's my evidence now where is yours that cloak shouldn't be nerfed other than crying? Lol

Oh you mean NBs have been using what the game intends for us to play with? Shocking! I didn't know it was taboo to play with class skills.

Cheese tactics lol.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    illusion school of magic

You REALLY don’t see how being able to turn invisible at will and gank from range is unbalanced? Cloak is FINE in melee range, because most of the counters only work in melee range. The only ranged counter that works semi-reliably on cloak (when not on cooldown) is detection pots. You wanna snipe at range? Then there has to be some risk involved. Currently, there is extremely little risk involved, thanks to cloak.

Know what Dice did for Battlefield to balance the recon class? They added scope glint to every single scope. That way, you can’t just sit on a perch and kill people at range with next to no risk, like you can in ESO. Snipers light up like torches in BF the moment they go on the offensive, because they are able to do a great deal of damage from a considerable distance, and the devs actually understand that it would be unbalanced to permit them to do so without being detected. People would stop playing that game by the THOUSANDS if the devs gave snipers the magical ability to go completely invisible on command while in the middle of combat. The outrage on the forums if recon players snarkily shot back with “just launch a grenade in our general area and hope it pulls us out of stealth” would probably break EA’s servers.

Get over yourselves, NBs, and learn how to play without your completely unbalanced crutch.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The further people are at range from you the easier it is to break line of sight. They have to travel a longer distance the further they are away to begin attacking again. The main counter is there for all to use.

Edit: It's not like people can oneshot you if you have your defenses up, unless you are talking about lag and health desync.
    Edited by TBois on January 29, 2019 10:25PM

PC/NA

Youtube
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    Shade + cloak is really broken
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    illusion school of magic

You REALLY don’t see how being able to turn invisible at will and gank from range is unbalanced? Cloak is FINE in melee range, because most of the counters only work in melee range. The only ranged counter that works semi-reliably on cloak (when not on cooldown) is detection pots. You wanna snipe at range? Then there has to be some risk involved. Currently, there is extremely little risk involved, thanks to cloak.

Know what Dice did for Battlefield to balance the recon class? They added scope glint to every single scope. That way, you can’t just sit on a perch and kill people at range with next to no risk, like you can in ESO. Snipers light up like torches in BF the moment they go on the offensive, because they are able to do a great deal of damage from a considerable distance, and the devs actually understand that it would be unbalanced to permit them to do so without being detected. People would stop playing that game by the THOUSANDS if the devs gave snipers the magical ability to go completely invisible on command while in the middle of combat. The outrage on the forums if recon players snarkily shot back with “just launch a grenade in our general area and hope it pulls us out of stealth” would probably break EA’s servers.

Get over yourselves, NBs, and learn how to play without your completely unbalanced crutch.

Learn to close the gap and counter.

You are more than welcome to go play Battlefield if you don't like Cloak the way it is.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    racial passives are being revamped and that's one of the reasons bowtards are strong

the irony is I defended sorcs when the first Murkmire patch notes became public... and now sorcs are crying all over the place because of NBs more iconic skill... well, lesson learnt: may potatoes burn in Oblivion now

I really hope sorcs become utterly trash one day just to remind you: karma is a ***

PS: mageblades are garbage, if you remove cloak you're screwing up the entire concept of the "bloodmage" but since you don't care, I won't care about your classes anymore

NERF EVERYTHING

Edited by SpiderCultist on January 29, 2019 10:29PM
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have more issue with the cost of incap than cloak.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only thing wrong with cloak is that it no longer purges...

not that it's absolutely necessary for everyone to play or try every different class - but, if it happened - there'd be a lot less of these nerf threads...

for the most part, each class/playstyle has advantages and disadvantages...

for a nightblade, one of those advantages is being able to ghost at times...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • steven22
    steven22
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone here is speaking about gank blades, bow blades and Not really about cloak itself. So whats really the issue- cloak or sniper/ ganker?
    moltzdc wrote: »
    Shade + cloak is really broken

Shade is broken in a negative way, yes. It needs a fix.
    And shade is more important than cloak ... Interesting point: cloak was much better in the past than now ( purge) but yeah . We will see what is going to be happen
    Main - Char : Dandriil - Tamriel Hero, Explorer, Stormproof,Overlord

Nightblade since Beta , ESO Plus , PC EU

Proud Magicka Nightblade
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    illusion school of magic

Lol you're clueless
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    illusion school of magic

You are more than welcome to go play Battlefield if you don't like Cloak the way it is.

Thanks, already doing that. B)

Your suggestion to “gap close” is hilarious, by the way. Snipe has a range of 40 m. By the time one has “gap closed” to the original location of the gankblade, said gankblade has already stealthed up and slunk off in a different direction, thanks to cloak, to queue up another Snipe burst rotation.

Anyway, as I said earlier, it’s pointless to argue with you lot. Enjoy your unbalanced crutch — those of us who care about balance will be off playing real PVP games.
    Edited by Aurielle on January 29, 2019 11:27PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    illusion school of magic

Lol you're clueless

And you apparently can’t play this game without being able to turn completely invisible with very little risk.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    illusion school of magic

Lol you're clueless

And you apparently can’t play this game without being able to turn completely invisible with very little risk.

I do jist fine on other classes. My temp s better in cyro than my magnb atm.

You're still just clueless go play more pew pew fps
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    just make it like streak with the cost increase if used within a certain amount of time, then it will be as painful to use as streak on a stamsorc.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im fine with cloak how it works with a magblade. The problem is everything that comes with stamblades get amplified tremendously with cloak.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    illusion school of magic

Learn to close the gap and counter.

1. You can't gap close somebody who's invisible.

2. As Aurielle said, chances are a sniper is sitting back more than 22 meters away, so is outside of gap closing range. Even if they weren't using cloak, you couldn't gap close anyways.

3. Attempt to Streak or run to them? They can easily drop into cloak and change directions.

There is no closing the gap with cloak users, outside of risky situations they put themselves in.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak is fine and of limited utility.

The larger problems people seem to have, particularly any complaints about sniping, pertain to stealth, which differers greatly from cloak.

Over the past two years adjustments have been made to global passives, class passives, and now racial passives to reduce the damage bonus from stealthed (and cloaked) attacks. Devs are listening to complaints about these issues.

To better address complaints about stealth (and cloak), perhaps it would be best to offer suggestions for buffing Magelight, camo hunter, detect pots, and stealth-countering sets by increasing their durations or radius.
    Edited by waitwhat on January 30, 2019 2:02AM
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."