The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we get some more "Revealing" chest pieces

validifyedneb18_ESO
validifyedneb18_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
There are some really cool skins in the game, but there are about a dozen chest outfit patterns in the game (most from the same styles) is you want to see it all.

This is particularly sad with skins like Dreadhorn shaman which has some really cool patterns on the back.

But Sai Sahans covers the lower back, hiding a lot of the tatoos, and Sai's + Worm Cult sets have the odd discoloration which makes it hard to get nice bold color dyes on them.

I know its generally not ESO's style but it would be amazing if we could have some "skimpier" outfit styles for both male and female to show off the skins we worked so hard to get.
(maybe some legs too, ive been running the mazzatun skirt on some of my characters since forever)

ESO has some amazing artists, I know you can do us proud!
Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 13, 2023 6:23PM
EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I agree. More skimpy male outfits. Fen-Wander likes to show off his skin.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    banana hammock anyone?
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many cool skins and tattoos. Way too few gear sets that are skimpy to show off those skins and tattoos.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least this is about showing off skins and tattoos. I was afraid this was going to be another thread about wanting sexy armor for female characters.

I'm all for more revealing armors if they make sense in terms of the style. Stahlrim Frostcaster, for example, would be ludricous if it were like the Dead Water chest.
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    . I was afraid this was going to be another thread about wanting sexy armor for female characters..

It is, it's just in disguise... >:)
    PS4 NA
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get some more "Revealing" chest pieces

ESO has some amazing artists, I know you can do us proud!

I think they should get the Calientes Beautiful Bodies (CBBE) guy to come on board to design some armor/costumes. That guy is legendary.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I concur with this 200%.

And please no more primitive, evil, made of bones and feathers and un-dyeable straw/orange scales motifs.
    Showing off skin shouldnt be limited to looking like a goblin or a swamp hermit.
    What about an ornate long coat that is open with no shirt underneath it?
    What about a mantle/half-cape with an elaborate pattern, also with no shirt?

There are a thousand ways to offer more options without forcing us to use a style that just fell out of a swamp or cave.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't really understand the appeal of skimpy armour myself.

If I were to delve into a deep dungeon, filled with giant beasts who want to eat you alive, I'd want to be protected.

At most my character wears no helmet, (read - hide helmet), and might have short sleeves.

That's just me though. My Skyrim adds things to armour, not take away.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YES I WANT TO BE SKIMPY. I mean I want to show my skin. Eh, the skins I earned. Want to show. That.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I'd just be happy if they removed hip flaps from armor.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I were to delve into a deep dungeon, filled with giant beasts who want to eat you alive, I'd want to be protected.

At most my character wears no helmet, (read - hide helmet), and might have short sleeves.

Oh dont get me wrong, I love that armor too. DOS2 does this great for example.

But sometimes I want to play like, a feral beast sort of character in dreadhorn shaman skin, stuff like that. Imagine the falmer for example.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls games, especially the early ones, have a variety of semi-naked NPCs, even nudity. The art style of that time was really fun, and the limited number of pixels made imagination more active, especially for the teens playing those games in the early '90s.

I do like the "fashion" in ESO, because it is more down to earth, and we do not get bikini armors and high heels sabatrons, like in other MMOs. On the other hand I would like to see some of these outfits from the previous games.

Daggerfall dancer
    Urc6diM.gif

Coven Witch
    DF-npc-Coven_Witch.gif

Female mage
    DF-creature-Mage_%28female%29.gif

Meridia
    DF-prince-Meridia.gif

Other screens
    [edited]

www.chip.de%2Fii%2F2506736858_0b36fe8448.gif

The only thing they kept is the crotch flaps :)
    Edited by ZOS_RikardD on May 15, 2019 10:07PM
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Me lady likes skin.
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

Please remember that even though our games may be rated for mature audiences, these forum's are accessible to anyone. Please keep content appropriate and safe for work and take a moment to review our Community Rules here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been enjoying pairing my dresses with some matching body markings, so yes, I like the idea of showing some skin. (It would be great to have a good variety of body markings too.)

Not a fan of “sexy” outfits though.
  • tonne.backlinderb16_ESO
    I guess it's OK to kill innocent people in ESO if your properly dressed? So murdering innocents is fine but showing some skin is not?
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my many characters is modeled after Conan the Destroyer. Last time I checked Conan was half naked killing everything in his way. You know some of us like to see our Male characters flex those pecs.

Everything isn't about wanting to see our female characters half naked you know, wish people would stop with that nonsense, especially since they have zero issue with seeing half naked males.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »

One of my many characters is modeled after Conan the Destroyer. Last time I checked Conan was half naked killing everything in his way. You know some of us like to see our Male characters flex those pecs.

Everything isn't about wanting to see our female characters half naked you know, wish people would stop with that nonsense, especially since they have zero issue with seeing half naked males.

You make a good point, I suppose.

Maybe it's just the fantasy material I grew up with.

Women wore long dresses with sleeves, and if wearing armour, the armour was no different in coverage to male armour.

I suppose I'm okay with styles such as the Minotaur motif. Actually I'm working on getting it because I reckon it'll make a great BG outfit.

What I fear, and what I think a lot of people are asking for, is the examples of "armour" on display in many popular Skyrim mods and Far Eastern MMOs.

Skin can be tasteful, but the line between tasteful and provocative concerns me.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Women wore long dresses with sleeves, and if wearing armour, the armour was no different in coverage to male armour.

I suppose I'm okay with styles such as the Minotaur motif. Actually I'm working on getting it because I reckon it'll make a great BG outfit.

What I fear, and what I think a lot of people are asking for, is the examples of "armour" on display in many popular Skyrim mods and Far Eastern MMOs.

Skin can be tasteful, but the line between tasteful and provocative concerns me.

I'm basing my opinion on my life experiences as well. I grew up watching He-Man run around in briefs being a bad ass. I watched all of the Conan movies where he was dressed similar. Hercules and damn near every Greek God or Goddess were dressed in less than full armor. Red Sonya was another. Xena princess warrior.

I could go on and on. There are plenty of examples in past media where mighty heroes are not fully armored and kicking ass. Both male and female. It's absurd to pretend otherwise.

Edit- I should clarify that I am not implying that you personally are dismissing those types of images in past fantasy media.
    Edited by Sevn on May 19, 2019 10:10PM
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm basing my opinion on my life experiences as well. I grew up watching He-Man run around in briefs being a bad ass. I watched all of the Conan movies where he was dressed similar. Hercules and damn near every Greek God or Goddess were dressed in less than full armor. Red Sonya was another. Xena princess warrior.

I could go on and on. There are plenty of examples in past media where mighty heroes are not fully armored and kicking ass. Both male and female. It's absurd to pretend otherwise.

Edit- I should clarify that I am not implying that you personally are dismissing those types of images in past fantasy media.

No problem dude. :)

The fantasy I grew up with was all pretty mature, but also "realistic".

So armour designs were made as such by the artists and costume makers to provide full coverage, regardless of gender. And outside of combat, clothing was also not at all revealing. A leg, at most, for appropriate scenes.

As you can tell I'm fairly conservative in this regard.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No problem dude. :)

The fantasy I grew up with was all pretty mature, but also "realistic".

So armour designs were made as such by the artists and costume makers to provide full coverage, regardless of gender. And outside of combat, clothing was also not at all revealing. A leg, at most, for appropriate scenes.

As you can tell I'm fairly conservative in this regard.

I have zero issue with conservative minded individuals, however, if you are going to play an online game with other individuals, some who are not conservative minded, it should go without saying that they have just as much right to fulfill their own RP desire as any conservative individual has.

Those who can not handle seeing something they don't approve of should stick to SP games, imho.

-Hemingway
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yeah! Would like to see a Bikini gear set for my Dark Elf Vampire! Ewwww....yeah!
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want a subligar like those in FFXIV
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too love skimpy outfits and I'm not a guy either.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly want more that show skin for my male characters. Don't know why people automatically go "NO WE DON'T NEED SLUTTY BIKINI ARMOR REEEEE" when people ask for something that just shows an ankle or knee. There's lots of nice tattoos and stuff in the game yet so few motifs and costumes show them off.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly want more that show skin for my male characters. Don't know why people automatically go "NO WE DON'T NEED SLUTTY BIKINI ARMOR REEEEE" when people ask for something that just shows an ankle or knee. There's lots of nice tattoos and stuff in the game yet so few motifs and costumes show them off.

agree.
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wrote a whole big rant on this as well.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/474764/on-motifs-and-modesty

don't get me wrong; I love the (mostly) practical armour designs that we have slews and slews of. but when you've got more items that leave the vitals hanging out than items that reveal something as "scandalous" as the knees, calves, or thighs... it makes me wonder if one of the lead designers is a Victorian-era prude or something.

I definitely don't need JRPG/Korean MMO-level stuff in this game, but with all the cool skins and tattoos, it'd be nice to have a few extra options to show a little leg to see what they look like, yeah?
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    I wrote a whole big rant on this as well.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/474764/on-motifs-and-modesty

don't get me wrong; I love the (mostly) practical armour designs that we have slews and slews of. but when you've got more items that leave the vitals hanging out than items that reveal something as "scandalous" as the knees, calves, or thighs... it makes me wonder if one of the lead designers is a Victorian-era prude or something.

I definitely don't need JRPG/Korean MMO-level stuff in this game, but with all the cool skins and tattoos, it'd be nice to have a few extra options to show a little leg to see what they look like, yeah?

The costumes lately are just as bad. We just got two new costumes in June and they're more frumpy robes that cover literally every part of you from your neck down.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have revealing tops for males? Most of the outfits cover the entire torso for males but become bikini style for females. And why in the world does the Noble Clan Chief costume become a tuck-in for males? It looks horrible. It's awesome on females the way it's broken and hangs, why can't males have it like that too? Ugh ZOS :/
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is exactly what I think! Although I don't want to sound like a prude who is against revealing outfits, my character wouldn't wear them. She is out in the world fighting monsters. She needs to be protected! A skimpy outfit leaves her body vulnerable to injury. While I agree that they look great and understand about showing off your amazing body art, my character will be fully covered and admiring the way you look (while thinking you're nuts). 😊
This discussion has been closed.