The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we get some more "Revealing" chest pieces

• reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were to delve into a deep dungeon, filled with giant beasts

I read the last two words completely wrong on first pass. *facepalm* I blame context.
    Edited by reoskit on June 17, 2019 4:46PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #FreeTheBoobies
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly want more that show skin for my male characters. Don't know why people automatically go "NO WE DON'T NEED SLUTTY BIKINI ARMOR REEEEE" when people ask for something that just shows an ankle or knee. There's lots of nice tattoos and stuff in the game yet so few motifs and costumes show them off.

I must say, that assumption is quite annoying.

My characters also don't wear the same outfit when in light combat scenarios like harvesting and gathering that they'd wear while they are doing dungeons and such. I know it's hard for some of them to believe, but a lot of us don't dress our characters up for others.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a bikini costumes, like when youre not wearing any armor.
    So you can show your tattoos while you have your armors equipped.
    Those tattoos are wasted on armor wearing adventurers.
  • Nephthys
    Nephthys
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a female player and I'd like to see more skimy gear too. For me it isn't about "slutty" as some put it. It is just that I spent time creating an attracrtive, slim but muscular character and most of the armor makes her look like a she-troll. I resort to using an outfit to overcome this.
    Dunmer magicka Necromancer DPS/Healer
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a lady and all for more skimpy outfits for men and women. I want more variety in armor styles in general though.

Even dyed a lot of what we have now is generic.
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    If I were to delve into a deep dungeon, filled with giant beasts

I read that completely wrong on first pass. *facepalm* I blame context.

You know what so did I and now I am laughing like a loon, nice.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Dont you know someone got offended so they made sure to tone it down. Jk idk. I'd love some more revealing. One guildmate makes some amazing female costumes on her Male toon. Would be amazing to see what she could do. As well as well I like to see more in my female toons. A scantily clad woman is just sometimes fun.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to dress like a nun but at the same time why is it always the female characters a that are exploited? If males also ran around in skimpy sexy outfits fine .....but all i ever see are female characters being exaggeratedly R rated.

Why should females look like *** and males look like heros ?

I love that eso has some integrity with gender equality and i dont want to see a bunch of horny teenage boys running around with mostly naked barbie dolls. Or those Erpers that want to seduce everything they see even rocks. If you want a trashy game there are plenty out there.

Edited by wishlist14 on June 16, 2019 9:55PM
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us costumes that resemble early ES games.

I got skins like others we want to show off our skins.

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You only have to look to Tarzan to see that you don't need to be fully clothed to be hero. Batman and Robin even wore their underwear on the outside.

Costumes have already done away with the argument that you need to be fully armoured for combat and even though you 'need' to to be 18 to play the game, there's no rule on maturity level. Therefore the line must be drawn somewhere for all to adhere to.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • I_B_Squishy
    I_B_Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the opposite.
  • fakingfocused
    fakingfocused
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I've been saying for a while it would be cool to have a set that's a cross between the draugr chest with fur something like frostcaster or cold snap. Just a bit tighter around the neck so it looks like barbaric hair while wearing a helmet. That you could dye, and won't be covered up by shoulder pieces. My barbarian would be all set!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To my mind, nothing says "mage" more than wearing magical protection instead of phsyical - i.e. armour. The game somewhat agrees in making light armour (cloth) the choice for magicka-based builds. Showing skin is just a sign of confidence in your magical protection.
  • rsantijw13
    rsantijw13
    ✭✭✭
    lol The game is MA but the forums are supposed to be what PG. Forums just like the game MA and can you quit telling people what they can and can not talk about. There is enough of being told what can be talked about going around already.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsantijw13 wrote: »
    lol The game is MA but the forums are supposed to be what PG. Forums just like the game MA and can you quit telling people what they can and can not talk about. There is enough of being told what can be talked about going around already.
    You can't say that! LOL ;)

Is it swimsuit season in Tamriel? I have already asked for something similar that never happened...
    Here's a link: lol
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/391959/egg-brother-four-fabric-male#latest
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    I don't want to dress like a nun but at the same time why is it always the female characters a that are exploited? If males also ran around in skimpy sexy outfits fine .....but all i ever see are female characters being exaggeratedly R rated.
    Why should females look like *** and males look like heros ?

I love that eso has some integrity with gender equality and i dont want to see a bunch of horny teenage boys running around with mostly naked barbie dolls. Or those Erpers that want to seduce everything they see even rocks. If you want a trashy game there are plenty out there.

There is nothing R rated about any model in the game nor being asked for. There is no nudity, all bits if they had them would be covered nor is there simulated sex. Perhaps if you reread the MPAA & ESRB guidelines you make understand better. There is a greater amount of skin being displayed at a church swimming pool than what is in the game, which would be rated G/E.

As far as equality of outfits between sexes, the male models need to have their own options as well.

I keep asking that we be allowed to hide the shoulder, belt, hand and feet pieces. This can not even get past the no nudity crowd mindset. Many of these pieces are hideous IMHO and I would like a bit more options to customize my look in there regards. Doing these would not change the ESRB one bit.
    Edited by Grimm13 on June 19, 2019 2:41AM
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just go without the armor?
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tucker3711 wrote: »
    Why not just go without the armor?

Mainly because you can't get the physical resistance any other way. And the CP methods depend on the 5-piece minimum as well as the skill lines. If you have to wear 5 pieces of armour, that's only two slots you can leave off.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I am not a fan of some of the costumes and armor available in games like FF and SWTOR. I believe they make the game a little cheezie and hope Zos continues to choose to stay the course for more quality costumes.

Yes, I am aware there are some slightly revealing outfits in ESO but they are far more tasteful and really less revealing than what is found some of these other games.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOOOOOBS
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Personally I am not a fan of some of the costumes and armor available in games like FF and SWTOR. I believe they make the game a little cheezie and hope Zos continues to choose to stay the course for more quality costumes.

Yes, I am aware there are some slightly revealing outfits in ESO but they are far more tasteful and really less revealing than what is found some of these other games.

the whole post is about revealing arms and legs.. not cleavage (though I wouldnt mind a bit more of it, but still in a tastefull way, not bikini)
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, with so many interesting and exotic skins, it would be nice to have a better range of armour to show them off fully.

We already have some decent options, but just not a particularly wide range. Personally for instance I would like more regal/ornate options which also show more skin, because for the most part revealing options are kind of gladiatorial themed or naturalistic themed. Minotaur, barbaric, wood elf etc.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    I concur with this 200%.

And please no more primitive, evil, made of bones and feathers and un-dyeable straw/orange scales motifs.
    Showing off skin shouldnt be limited to looking like a goblin or a swamp hermit.
    What about an ornate long coat that is open with no shirt underneath it?
    What about a mantle/half-cape with an elaborate pattern, also with no shirt?

There are a thousand ways to offer more options without forcing us to use a style that just fell out of a swamp or cave.

For the love of god yes.... more dark seducer golden saint actual armor heck even more armor like the elven hero costume as motifs or have variants for chests like old orc with window and current without. Bosmer light and medium would have been good but again the light goes back to skin sacks bone and dirt that barely dyes...
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I agree. More skimpy male outfits. Fen-Wander likes to show off his skin.

Yes please! Need to nab myself some more e gays
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Fantasy has a long tradition of scantily attired heroes and heroines, see Edgar Rice Burroughs, Robert Howard, and especially Frazetta's interpretations of those types of characters. ESO could do with quite a bit more Vampirella.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 13, 2023 6:45PM
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see more mini-skirts and high heels, and my main has started running around wearing the Graht-Climber's Active Wear along with Cadwell's helm for extra silliness. Best I can do right now. I usually have Isobel tagging along, also in Graht-Climber's Active Wear.

Sometimes I'll /dance in front of other players just to be extra disturbing.

Edit was searching for better looking outfits and didn't realize the thread was four years old. Sorry!
    Edited by Arizona_Steve on August 9, 2023 11:14PM
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just Googled "Graht Climber's Active Wear" and it looks great: very summery and stylish. A pity it's locked behind Crown gambling Crates :(
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    crimson oath chest is already plenty skimpy. absolutely worth the price or time in dread cellar.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings, we have closed this topic as it was originally created in January 2019. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.