The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

BIS Enchantments for Duel-wield?

validifyedneb18_ESO
validifyedneb18_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
So with the new half strength 1h enchantments, do we have any insight into whats BIS?

Im running DW (Poison, Wep Damage) primary, 2h (Wep Damage) Secondary myself but have really just been trying things out.

Haven't done any calculations yet but I suspect either Nirnhoned or sharpened may be top for 1h weps now as infused effectively had its strength halved?

Wondering if anyone has tested enough to find out yet, or if im making any other dumb mistakes let me know.
EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an addition; Im not sure my offwep enchant is good as infused, could perhaps be Nirnhoned as I only switch to that bar once every 11ish seconds anyway. The bonus 30% is nice but the CDR from Infused is wasted.

And I should clarify this is for PVE.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Main hand nirn posion/ off hand infused berzerk. Back bar bow infused absorb Stam.

Nirn ought never be used on off hand, only adds 12 weapon damage.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 22, 2019 11:53AM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just sayin', you shouldn't be using duplicate enchants like that. Enchant cooldowns are specific to the type of enchant it is, so a weapon damage enchant cooldown applies to all weapon damage enchants. You're basically wasting a slot by doing that, a slot which could be occupied with an absorb stamina for more sustain, a disease for more burst, etc.

Regardless, I'd imagine the meta is going to shift to nirn main hand, with off hand being precise or sharpened, depending on how much pen you have. Maybe a flavour trait like powered, decisive or defending. Poisons will likely be used on dual wield, with either a weapon damage glyph or an absorb stamina glyph on your back bar, depending on whether you need sustain or can fit more damage.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mainhand Nirn, Offhand Presice, with consumable poisons.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I don't see much difference between the following two setups (this assumes an Infused Absorb Stamina backbar):

Nirn mainhand w/Poison, Infused offhand w/Berserker

Nirn mainhand, Poison offhand with Double Damage Health Alchemical Poisons (Fleshfly Larva + Nightshade + Nirnroot)

By the numbers (ignoring the common Nirn mainhand), the first setup gets you:

Main Poison enchant: 400-500 DPS
    Infused Berserker: +3-4% DPS (+180-190 WD), which is 1500-2000 DPS on a 50k parse (a bit lower since Relequen doesn't scale with WD)

The second setup gets you:

Precise offhand: +2-3% DPS (+3.5% weapon critical), which is 1000-1500 DPS on a 50k parse (a bit lower since about 15% of DPS is not critable)
    Alchemical poisons: +1500-1600 DPS
    As an addition; Im not sure my offwep enchant is good as infused, could perhaps be Nirnhoned as I only switch to that bar once every 11ish seconds anyway. The bonus 30% is nice but the CDR from Infused is wasted.

And yes, your bow should continue to be Infused. First, your Endless Hail is going to continually refresh the enchant off cooldown. Second, you're not off of your bow bar for 11 seconds at a time.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Honestly I don't see much difference between the following two setups (this assumes an Infused Absorb Stamina backbar):

Nirn mainhand, Poison offhand with Double Damage Health Alchemical Poisons (Fleshfly Larva + Nightshade + Nirnroot)

Infused Berserker: +3-4% DPS (+180-190 WD), which is 1500-2000 DPS on a 50k parse (a bit lower since Relequen doesn't scale with WD)

Precise offhand: +2-3% DPS (+3.5% weapon critical), which is 1000-1500 DPS on a 50k parse (a bit lower since about 15% of DPS is not critable)

And yes, your bow should continue to be Infused. First, your Endless Hail is going to continually refresh the enchant off cooldown. Second, you're not off of your bow bar for 11 seconds at a time.

@LiquidPony

What about weapon damage on the bow and storm fist Monster set?
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah I tested without infused and I was clearly wrong about that

as for dots proccing enchants, I dont seem to have this happening myself? Atleast not with the Rending Slashes proccing wep damage from my primary bar while on secondary. Am I missing something here?

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »

@LiquidPony

Quick test says Nirn/Poison + Infused/Absorb Stam does about 1700 DPS just from enchant procs. And Stormfist as a proc actually does marginally more damage than Velidreth but of course you're losing out on maybe ~1k DPS from the Velidreth WD bonus.

If you can sustain without Absorb Stam at all (and I'm only seeing about +75-80 stam per second from Infused Absorb Stamina with the new trash values), then Stormfist would seem to pair well with Nirn + Precise + Alchemical Poisons (the poisons will do about as much DPS as Nirn/Infused with Poison/Absorb Stam, and then you've got the added DPS gain of Precise as well).

Lots more testing to do regardless, but it looks to me like stam just ate a 3-5k DPS loss across the board.
    Edited by LiquidPony on January 22, 2019 2:47PM
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »

@LiquidPony

Quick test says Nirn/Poison + Infused/Absorb Stam does about 1700 DPS just from enchant procs. And Stormfist as a proc actually does marginally more damage than Velidreth but of course you're losing out on maybe ~1k DPS from the Velidreth WD bonus.

If you can sustain without Absorb Stam at all (and I'm only seeing about +75-80 stam per second from Infused Absorb Stamina with the new trash values), then Stormfist would seem to pair well with Nirn + Precise + Alchemical Poisons (the poisons will do about as much DPS as Nirn/Infused with Poison/Absorb Stam, and then you've got the added DPS gain of Precise as well).

Lots more testing to do regardless, but it looks to me like stam just ate a 3-5k DPS loss across the board.

Yeah - that is what I saw last night. At work now, will have to test more later.

I run Khajiit so I use stormfist anyways, which was why I asked. This is a bad change, IMO.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

yeah I tested without infused and I was clearly wrong about that

as for dots proccing enchants, I dont seem to have this happening myself? Atleast not with the Rending Slashes proccing wep damage from my primary bar while on secondary. Am I missing something here?

It only works for AoE weapon DoTs. So Endless Hail (or Elemental Blockade) will proc enchants, but Poison Injection or Rending Slashes (or Destructive Clench) will not. See: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/443598/adjustments-to-how-weapon-enchants-and-poisons-trigger

If you put a Berserker enchant on your Infused bow, you should have well over 90% Berserker uptime as long as you have Endless Hail up close to 100% of the time.
    Edited by LiquidPony on January 22, 2019 2:51PM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Leaning towards this but off hand sharpened is an option to consider too.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Leaning towards this but off hand sharpened is an option to consider too.

I don't see how Sharpened is a consideration, really.

It's a smaller DPS gain than Precise or Infused/Berserker to begin with and that's assuming you're not going to over-penetrate (which in Trials situations, you are). I suppose you could move ~15 points out of Piercing to compensate but most of your CP are going to be at severe diminishing returns, the only place it seems like that would make sense would maybe be Physical Weapons Expert.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it looks like Stamina and magica are pretty tied for DPS now, with stamina even trailing a little.

Sounds like with my 2h choice as a second wep I wont be able to cash in on this AOE mechanic?

Using caltrops but I think the proc only works for specifically wep abilities? Pretty sad if so that its going to be bow as secondary or you're dps is trash. Otherwise infused beserk secondary and active damage poison main would be perfect for me.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it looks like Stamina and magica are pretty tied for DPS now, with stamina even trailing a little.

Sounds like with my 2h choice as a second wep I wont be able to cash in on this AOE mechanic?

Using caltrops but I think the proc only works for specifically wep abilities? Pretty sad if so that its going to be bow as secondary or you're dps is trash. Otherwise infused beserk secondary and active damage poison main would be perfect for me.

Weapon enchants only proc from weapon abilities (including light and heavy attacks).

And it's always been bow as secondary if you don't want trash DPS. Endless Hail with a Maelstrom Bow is the most powerful DPS skill in the game, there's simply no way to replace it and there never has been.