The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

They're actually going through with the racial changes...

• Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vhozek wrote: »
    At least that's what it looks like since they're live on the PTS.
    I don't think I want to keep playing this game. I haven't launched it in like 4 days.
    I really don't want High Elves to somehow regenerate Stamina and Dark Elves to lose Flame Damage. Dark Elves are literally High Elves but with Stamina points, so why the hell are High Elves getting this?

Do you know what PTS stands for ?
    Public Test Server.
    Do you know what they do on the PTS?
    Test changes, get feedback and then make further changes.
    Does this mean the moment you cry "Give me back 7% flame damage" to the race that hasn't been known to be extra proficient in flame damage, that you'll get it ?
    No.

What you should be doing is taking your builds to PTS, if you play on PC, and see how they perform with the new changes. After you have seen how they perform, and understood what the end goal is, then you can give obiective feed back in the PTS forums where it can be looked at and then discussed.

If you can't do that, because thinking both logically and objectively is too difficult and you still wish to exit the game and never play again. Then bye. I would advise deleting all your toons so you don't come back to the game as you might be turned off from having to do everything again.

:smile:
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they make changes like this to weed out the weak players. Slap adversity in the face of someone and you can tell quick if they are gonna sink or swim.

(joking BTW - or AM I?)

I think the "weak" players that you are referring to are those that choose a race because of lore or because they like how they look. I dont think the care too much for the passives because they dont really care for end game. End gamers that do challenging vet content are those that take the hard hits by these nerfs and anyone that says these racial changes are good most likely doesn't belong to that group. In no way do these changes make a character better...heres to hoping for changes during PTS.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamenstein wrote: »
    I don't think I want to keep playing this game. I haven't launched it in like 4 days.
    I really don't want High Elves to somehow regenerate Stamina and Dark Elves to lose Flame Damage. Dark Elves are literally High Elves but with Stamina points, so why the hell are High Elves getting this?

Public Test Server.
    Does this mean the moment you cry "Give me back 7% flame damage" to the race that hasn't been known to be extra proficient in flame damage, that you'll get it ?
    No.

What you should be doing is taking your builds to PTS, if you play on PC, and see how they perform with the new changes. After you have seen how they perform, and understood what the end goal is, then you can give obiective feed back in the PTS forums where it can be looked at and then discussed.

If you can't do that, because thinking both logically and objectively is too difficult and you still wish to exit the game and never play again. Then bye. I would advise deleting all your toons so you don't come back to the game as you might be turned off from having to do everything again.

Ok. Let me just give you three random examples of why I don't PTS test anything anymore. If you can find any green text in these three Official Templar Feedback threads, other than the initial OP and occasional moderation, I'm admittedly wrong and you are right. O=

Official Feedback Thread for Templars example #1

Official Feedback Thread for Templars example #2

Official PTS Feedback Thread for Templars example #3

Sure two of the links are fairly old, but I've seen no change in this regard recently either (in some cases sure, but not overall). =(

There are many reasons to use the PTS, like gaining an advantage in theory crafting before the live release, training Trials and Dungeons etc, resulting in excellent guides when the product hits "Live", heck even trying out new CS costumes or new looks in the character creator before you buy a token for 3K Crowns on Live, if you want to.

Funny is that I did it to test and provide feedback so that at least a discussion with the devs might get started. The void of any reaction to that is what really tipped me over. I mean, just look at the elaborate testing and providing of meticulous, data, information and feedback in most posts, to no avail. Example, Example, Example.

We (or they) might as well have provided all that to the wind, but maybe even the wind would at least have cried Marry.

Edited by Idinuse on January 22, 2019 4:18AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite race is imperial, but i prefer to use magika, i dont see how im affected for my main 2 characters.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »

Public Test Server.
    No.

Ok. Let me just give you three random examples of why I don't PTS test anything anymore. If you can find any green text in these three Official Templar Feedback threads, other than the initial OP and occasional moderation, I'm admittedly wrong and you are right. O=

Sure two of the links are fairly old, but I've seen no change in this regard recently either (in some cases sure, but not overall). =(

There are many reasons to use the PTS, like gaining an advantage in theory crafting before the live release, training Trials and Dungeons etc, resulting in excellent guides when the product hits "Live", heck even trying out new CS costumes or new looks in the character creator before you buy a token for 3K Crowns on Live, if you want to.

Funny is that I did it to test and provide feedback so that at least a discussion with the devs might get started. The void of any reaction to that is what really tipped me over. I mean, just look at the elaborate testing and providing of meticulous, data, information and feedback in most posts, to no avail. Example, Example, Example.

We (or they) might as well have provided all that to the wind, but maybe even the wind would at least have cried Marry.

Just because a developer or moderator doesn't reply to a thread doesn't mean they don't take down what you say.

Giving feedback is still an opportunity to create discussion, not just among the players who are replying back to you but developers can discuss internally as well.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Public Test Server.
    No.

Just because a developer or moderator doesn't reply to a thread doesn't mean they don't take down what you say.

Giving feedback is still an opportunity to create discussion, not just among the players who are replying back to you but developers can discuss internally as well.

Why don't you read the comments in these threads. What you are saying is just words, theory, what is in those posts are hard facts. Post after post state "still not fixed", "still same bug as reported". I get your position is locked, but offer something else than theories will you.

I'm just stating the reson for me not to PTS anymore. Feel free to think of that what ever you want and keep giving PTS feedback into, the way I see it but clearly you don't, an empty void. Why not? I'm not bashing you for it, like "If you can't do that, because thinking both logically and objectively is too difficult...".
    Edited by Idinuse on January 22, 2019 4:41AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭

Public Test Server.
    No.

Why don't you read the comments in these threads. What you are saying is just words, theory, what is in those posts are hard facts. Post after post state "still not fixed", "still same bug as reported". I get your position is locked, but offer something else than theories will you.

I'm just stating the reson for me not to PTS anymore. Feel free to think of that what ever you want and keep giving PTS feedback into, the way I see it but clearly you don't, an empty void. Why not? I'm not bashing you for it, like "If you can't do that, because thinking both logically and objectively is too difficult...".

If you could point out those bugs that are still not fixed please, I don't see myself going through every single post looking for this.

Am I saying that when you give feedback in the PTS it will be changed ? No. The most recent thread you linked, for Murkmire, opens with posts complimenting the changes that have been made. I'm sure someone found something to complain about though at some point.

Just because someone wants something changed, outside of a bug fix, doesn't mean it should be changed. Everyone has different views on where the game should be going and at the end of the day the developers/owner makes the final decision.

If you don't want to post in PTS then don't. That's not my problem.

Not bashing YOU for not wanting to give feedback on PTS.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Public Test Server.
    No.

If you could point out those bugs that are still not fixed please, I don't see myself going through every single post looking for this.

Am I saying that when you give feedback in the PTS it will be changed ? No. The most recent thread you linked, for Murkmire, opens with posts complimenting the changes that have been made. I'm sure someone found something to complain about though at some point.

Just because someone wants something changed, outside of a bug fix, doesn't mean it should be changed. Everyone has different views on where the game should be going and at the end of the day the developers/owner makes the final decision.

If you don't want to post in PTS then don't. That's not my problem.

Not bashing YOU for not wanting to give feedback on PTS.

And that's why I won't waste my time and instead play the content I'm paying for. Thank you very much. /Kappa
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, of all the buff/nerf cycles that have happened in this game. This one is pretty much the most mundane, but in a good way. They probably should address dark elf v high elf and give a little extra fire damage to dark elf, but overall these racial changes seem surprisingly good.

This isn't a massively gameplay altering change like removing a CC, adding stacking cost increases, gutting shields, etc.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Early DPS testing indicates Khajiit are BiS for magicka DPS, apparently by a wide margin too, lol. Followed by Breton.

Having Khajiit be the BiS race for magicka, ahead of Altmer, Dunmer, and Breton is insanely lore-breaking if it makes it to live. Even having Breton ahead of the elves is kind of silly, although easier to swallow (and apparently the difference there is small).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 22, 2019 6:39AM
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overall, Im exited and hope that further Changes are done the Line. Lots of more Possibilities to play either as Mag od Stam Toon, yeah, my Imperials have to have a close Look but overall, and i play 6 different Races over 14 Toons over 2 Megaservers, i have to say it looks good. Far more unhappy I am about the reduced Bleed change with Axes(1h and 2h) but this is another Theme:) Dont leave the Game, when you return in a Year you will not recognise it
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    What made you think they wouldn't?

Well obviously we were supposed to trust all the people who said that players should stop worrying because the changes "aren't even on PTS yet!"...

... Yep, look at those big changes between the announcement and the implementation on PTS. Ooooh, I feel better already. /s

I guess you missed the point of "wait for pts". It's not "wait for patch notes", it's wait for testing, see how it goes, then you worry. Hitting pts with the same changes as before is *necessary*. Whining doesn't mean I poop to anyone. And between them releasing race changes and the pts, there was onlyr whining and no testing.

If you can't understand that, let me know and I'll make a drawing on paint, with a timeline and a golden star for you.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racial changes for stam races are wonderful.

Altmer vis-a-vis Dunmer probably needs tweaks. Tweaks are very possible in a PTS this long.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »

Well obviously we were supposed to trust all the people who said that players should stop worrying because the changes "aren't even on PTS yet!"...

... Yep, look at those big changes between the announcement and the implementation on PTS. Ooooh, I feel better already. /s

I guess you missed the point of "wait for pts". It's not "wait for patch notes", it's wait for testing, see how it goes, then you worry. Hitting pts with the same changes as before is *necessary*. Whining doesn't mean I poop to anyone. And between them releasing race changes and the pts, there was onlyr whining and no testing.

If you can't understand that, let me know and I'll make a drawing on paint, with a timeline and a golden star for you.

Ah, so you were one of the people who were saying that people should stop complaining? After all, my initial sentence was addressed generally. Rather than specifically at you.

The PTS point assumes that the people reading the patch notes are unable to grasp whether the suggested changes are going to leave them worse or better off. If ZOS thought us incapable of drawing conclusions based on the information, why post it early?

If the point being made was that players would not be aware of all of the subtleties, then there is a discussion to be had there. But the "don't complain until PTS" line fails for me. The general thrust of the changes are not so impenetrable or mysterious as all that.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

When did they REALLY listen to PTS feedback and changed their plans. Happened maybe two or three times in the last 5 years.

The racial changes are fine, you'll get used to it. And if the minimal differences bother you that much a) race change or b) stop playing. The outrage over the racial changes has become a bit absurd.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • CipherNine
    CipherNine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Early DPS testing indicates Khajiit are BiS for magicka DPS, apparently by a wide margin too, lol. Followed by Breton.

Having Khajiit be the BiS race for magicka, ahead of Altmer, Dunmer, and Breton is insanely lore-breaking if it makes it to live. Even having Breton ahead of the elves is kind of silly, although easier to swallow (and apparently the difference there is small).

Actually it's not lore breaking. The current racial passives don't make any sense for a TES game either.
    Every other TES game you did the same amount of dmg no matter what race you were. The racial passives in all the other games were completely negligible. Whatever race you played in TES has always been solely a cosmetic or RP choice. Then comes ESO and everyone just forgets how all the other games actually were and you have this lore nonsense excuses for racial passives.

Just wait till TES VI comes out and the racial passives in that WILL be so minimal they won't matter. Same with every other TES game.
    PC-NA
    Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Argonian Necromancer - Healer
    Breton Warden - Healer
    Nord Necromancer - Tank
    Argonian Templar - Tank
    Nord Warden - Tank
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »

Ah, so you were one of the people who were saying that people should stop complaining? After all, my initial sentence was addressed generally. Rather than specifically at you.

The PTS point assumes that the people reading the patch notes are unable to grasp whether the suggested changes are going to leave them worse or better off. If ZOS thought us incapable of drawing conclusions based on the information, why post it early?

If the point being made was that players would not be aware of all of the subtleties, then there is a discussion to be had there. But the "don't complain until PTS" line fails for me. The general thrust of the changes are not so impenetrable or mysterious as all that.

I am indeed one of the "please wait"people. Guilty as charged.

Also, I agree when you say "why post early?" But I think for different reasons... They send to be aiming for "get ready with your gear so we can test this one thoroughly" and not so much "what do you guys think? We good?". This second part comes, or should come, after the test has been done. They should know better how this community would react and just not post anything. Hyping up pts is kinda useless, imo. Those of us who will go there, will go there regardless, and I don't think the other players will join just to try a few minor QoL and race balance...

As for a personal opinion, I do think some of the changes may actually be too subtle for the average whiner on the forum. People I like to call prophets of Doomsday, that see any and all nerfs as the end of their builds. These people are too loud and fail to be creative and work with the changes. I don't think these people would ever realize some of the better changes because they would be too blind by their own hate/anger. Creating the debate before PTS may help these people realize not all is lost, but I still don't think it's worth it. Too much chaos going around, rage quitters, fearmongering so hard to impart true on others here... Nah.

Let's all test and wait for testing.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CipherNine wrote: »

Actually it's not lore breaking. The current racial passives don't make any sense for a TES game either.
    Every other TES game you did the same amount of dmg no matter what race you were. The racial passives in all the other games were completely negligible. Whatever race you played in TES has always been solely a cosmetic or RP choice. Then comes ESO and everyone just forgets how all the other games actually were and you have this lore nonsense excuses for racial passives.

Just wait till TES VI comes out and the racial passives in that WILL be so minimal they won't matter. Same with every other TES game.

I don't disagree. Race should be a cosmetic choice only. But considering that it isn't in ESO, it doesn't make sense that Kahjiit are better mages than Altmer/Dunmer/Breton.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    These patch notes look good overall. And really what is the difference between 7% flame damage and 258 spell damage. Is it that much of a drop?

on MagDk yes, there its about a 4k DPS drop, if you can het 50k on a Dummy

Other Classes, not so much, but probably still noticeable for Hightier players
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    I'm worried the racial changes will make the game feel less like TES and more like generic MMO. : (

Why would this even be the case with the announced changes?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My favorite race is imperial, but i prefer to use magika, i dont see how im affected for my main 2 characters.

You will get some healing from Red Diamond now even if you don't use melee attacks. It's changing to proc on any direct damage.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The PTS is for providing feedback.

As for why, read the message that Gil posted a few days ago about the changes. It is pinned in the Combat and Character Mechanics section of the forums. It can also be seen if you look in the recent section. He provides clear reasoning for their changes.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If this is the kind of change that makes someone want to quit a game, what is keeping them here in the first place? A few swapped passives and the game is no longer fun? Or was it already not fun to them and for some reason they stick around?
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like em :*
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still buff flame damage by using set gear for Dunmer magdks, maybe adding a flat number to flame damage in the passives would of been better than removing it altogether, anyway one example below you could use.

Silks of the Sun

(2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (5 items) Adds 400 Spell Damage to your Flame Damage abilities.

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can still buff flame damage by using set gear for Dunmer magdks, maybe adding a flat number to flame damage in the passives would of been better than removing it altogether, anyway one example below you could use.

Silks of the Sun

Sure. Some of our Dunmer were already using that. Kinda irrelevant to the details of the Dunmer analysis. Dunmer just contribute a lot less now to many current builds, esp DD magDKs. Changing gear won't change that.
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Silks of the Sun

Sure. Some of our Dunmer were already using that. Kinda irrelevant to the details of the Dunmer analysis. Dunmer just contribute a lot less now to many current builds, esp DD magDKs. Changing gear won't change that.

Sure, i hear you, im trying to put lip stick on a pig here lol, ive done the whole get angry at changes, so im trying another approach, dont burst my bubble lol
  • Dielmeanathal
    Dielmeanathal
    ✭✭

So...you are now quitting the game based solely on the racial changes? This is in fact what makes you leaving this game? Well then...good bye I guess.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taunky wrote: »
    PTS is for testing. Things can be subject to change (don't hold your breath though).

Hahahaha
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the PTS is for testing to make sure the changes work as planned. They don’t care if we like the changes or not.
    PS4 Pro NA