Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

They're actually going through with the racial changes...

Vhozek
Vhozek
✭✭✭✭✭
At least that's what it looks like since they're live on the PTS.
I don't think I want to keep playing this game. I haven't launched it in like 4 days.
I really don't want High Elves to somehow regenerate Stamina and Dark Elves to lose Flame Damage. Dark Elves are literally High Elves but with Stamina points, so why the hell are High Elves getting this?
Edited by Vhozek on January 21, 2019 11:24PM
𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS is for testing. Things can be subject to change (don't hold your breath though).
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What made you think they wouldn't?
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well obviously we were supposed to trust all the people who said that players should stop worrying because the changes "aren't even on PTS yet!"...

... Yep, look at those big changes between the announcement and the implementation on PTS. Ooooh, I feel better already. /s
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if this kind of thing makes you want to leave the game, perhaps a break from it will do good for you. Really, I don't mean it in a rude way or anything. Done it a few times myself.

I do understand the fire damage frustration, and I believe magicka DKs should be buffed because of it, but we're talking about small numbers. It's not the end of the world.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see my stam nb might need to grow a tail.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After last nerfs and things around you should rethink how this (and many other same base games) game developing works.
    Once you admit that you were warned they can change any skill, set, anything in this game just because they want it, and you accepeted rules, things will be easier for you.

Just accept this, even with reps, feedback, they will alway do what they want. It's not even adapt things, because again you knew it before you started to play it. If not, then is time to undesratnd, move on. It's hard but just think, it's a fact.
    Edited by ruikkarikun on January 21, 2019 11:48PM
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    umm bye??
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To bad Zos's doesn't bother with performance. Maybe the people with the tin hats are right, xD :#
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The passives are not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. I like them or am indifferent.

Although 8% spell crit is nice.

• Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The racial changes are a good thing.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're reasons for not wanting to play things games are hilariously insignificant
    Edited by NyassaV on January 22, 2019 12:31AM
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited for the changes, especially magicka khajiits :D
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sustain is the only thing stamina altmers have going for them unlike stamina dunmers. Cut them some slack.
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

Well obviously we were supposed to trust all the people who said that players should stop worrying because the changes "aren't even on PTS yet!"...

... Yep, look at those big changes between the announcement and the implementation on PTS. Ooooh, I feel better already. /s

People were saying to wait until they're tested on the PTS. If you expected ZOS to change them before that then this is on you.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are going the route of removing the abundance of percentage increases to flat values which in the end helps to balance classes. The only thing I'd like to see is sustain and cost balanced with the changes of smaller resource pools. With these changes there are not really any meta races for each class. There are meta for play style, Khajiit for crit builds as an example.

I think this is good.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DW changes might be more important than the racials.
    Its obviously the racials changes we are talking about here in Khajiit magic builds and Dunmer stamina.
    All other changes are trivial.
    Note that DW includes S&B so this is relevant for magic builds 2h/ bow/ bow to.

Edited by zaria on January 22, 2019 12:47AM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vhozek wrote: »
    I don't think I want to keep playing this game. I haven't launched it in like 4 days.
    I really don't want High Elves to somehow regenerate Stamina and Dark Elves to lose Flame Damage. Dark Elves are literally High Elves but with Stamina points, so why the hell are High Elves getting this?

I feel you. Logging in makes me just sad.

On the other hand... taking a look at all the changes that happen atm (Passives, Champion Points, Glyphs) looks to me like its all part of smth bigger. Like a preparation for future enhancements. Still.. my poor Dunmer :'(
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Racial Passives really aren't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was personally tempted to get a head start tweaking a character, but as absolutely nothing is confirmed as an inviolable change patience is the best current course of action.

Wait until the Update 21 Live Patch Notes before spending race change tokens or flipping tables.
    signing off
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vhozek wrote: »

High Elf doesn't get any Stam sustain ... unless your Stam is higher than your Mag, which, it won't be, unless you are a muppet. The High Elf, when Mag focused (which is anybody that has an Altmer and has read the passives) has a pretty decent Mag regen.

But yes, Dunmer, RIP. No additional mag pool, no sustain, no fire, nothing unique.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racial Passives really aren't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things

It is essentially like wearing a complete set. Somewhere between a full 5 piece set and a monster set.
  • leshpar
    leshpar
    ✭✭✭
    I, for one, am looking forward to the racial changes.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they make changes like this to weed out the weak players. Slap adversity in the face of someone and you can tell quick if they are gonna sink or swim.

(joking BTW - or AM I?)
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    Iluvrien wrote: »

People were saying to wait until they're tested on the PTS. If you expected ZOS to change them before that then this is on you.

I wasn't expecting a change before they hit PTS. I don't expect a change after hitting PTS. I don't expect any changes after their initial announcement of what the racial changes will be.

On which basis I concluded that the "wait until it is on PTS" argument was fallacious. I still consider this to be the case.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last few cycles they’ve shown a willingness to make adjustments after changes go to pts, based on feedback. That was never true before. For the first time we can’t assume that it will go live just because it’s been released for testing. Spend time testing, give thoughtful and well-reasoned feedback, both good and bad. We’ll see what happens.

For the first time I’m years, I’m willing to trust in the process.
    Edited by Reverb on January 22, 2019 2:25AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm worried the racial changes will make the game feel less like TES and more like generic MMO. : (
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To bad Zos's doesn't bother with performance. Maybe the people with the tin hats are right, xD :#

Did you see pts notes? Lots of performance fixes.
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bye. Keep your stuff.
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game has survived worse. Everything will be just fine and just as much fun as before.
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These patch notes look good overall. And really what is the difference between 7% flame damage and 258 spell damage. Is it that much of a drop?