The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will you be using the Free Race Change?

• bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I will be changing race
    I'll be using it because I'm bored of a few of my alts, but I'm not changing it because of any changes. I've never paid much attention to race for gameplay and do fine.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • EdoKeledus
    EdoKeledus
    ✭✭✭
    No i wont be changing races
    As a PvP player I don't need to change the race , and I suppose it's the same for the large majority of the PvP community.

Why change your race when you can adapt ?
    DC PC EU Vivec
    Daggerfall Convenant Loyalist

• lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one stam character - a Bosmer NB I kept because it was fun doing sneaky things with. TG and DB were so much more fun with her! Now without the sneak bonus there's no point so will finally give in and make here mag
    PS4 EU
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    since daggerfall.

Ive only played Argonian.

And I always will. To Oblivion with any Nerfs and the Meta. I play what I want.
    Edited by Gadamlub14_ESO on January 18, 2019 5:38PM
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    I'll probably use it.

Not for min/maxing but to add flavor to an existing character whose feeling has faded a bit for me.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to look over it more/See if ZoS make any other changes
    Off the top of my head, the characters that I use the most aren't adversely affected by the racial passives changes. But instead of saying that I won't use the free change, I will say that I have to see what else is changing.
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I've always wanted to play like a sorcerer cat.

But I will also have to buy a name change token, luckily I have a lot of gold to buy it.

Adam is not a cat name, Mr. Flea Bag is more appropriate.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy with the race changes except Mag Dunmer (mDK). I'll see what he is like in practice when it hits live.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since daggerfall.

Ive only played Argonian.

And I always will. To Oblivion with any Nerfs and the Meta. I play what I want.
    Like me with Khajiit but has an token Altmer and Bosmer.
    Need to check if Bosmer has unlocked caltops or need more pvp. She is an cp810 bank alt.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    41% of people don't have a Magicka Dunmer
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Can't find it, has it finished? :'(
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Giving some thought into changing my tank to a nord or my stamsorc to khajit or woodelf
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    41% of people don't have a Magicka Dunmer
    Dunmer probably get some magic buff, might get an tiny stamina nerf. it end up as an nerf if magDK an buff for all other builds.
    Still Dunmer and Khajjit who need an small sustain buff is in an very interesting setting.
    Not meta but close enough. However the ability to switch between magic and stamina builds are priceless as it make you very nerf resistant. Looking at necromancer, but also if you have one main.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not I. For the races I like, the changes have been positive.
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Racial passives were pretty negligible to begin with, so unless they really go off the reservation and make those passives more impactful than a 2% difference at end game for min/maxed builds...

Nah, I probably won't use it. We'll see. But, probably not.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chicharron wrote: »
    Yes, I've always wanted to play like a sorcerer cat.

But I will also have to buy a name change token, luckily I have a lot of gold to buy it.

Adam is not a cat name, Mr. Flea Bag is more appropriate.

Another player is already using that name. Please try again.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not doing squat til the changes go live.

Though pretty sure large amount of people will jump the gun go altmer and dunmer nord etc before live patch then be salty and cry for months because they race changed to a race that gets nerfed during pts. Then blame zos for their hasty decisions
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALL THE CAT BUILDS
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Donari
      Donari
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm far from a min-maxer. My characters are the races they are because I wanted to make an alt that looked like that. Plus in all the big gameplay changes over the years I have yet to notice any actual impact on my combat experience since I am super casual, and I've barely touched my build since the very beginning of the game other than to change my preferred weapons and related hotbar skills.

I'll be sad to lose my Redguard stamDK's huge stamina regen but even my magicka characters seem not to run out of stamina when it matters.

I am intrigued by the idea of using the token as an appearance change, but I'm pretty happy with the looks of all my characters except for my Imperial NB having gone cross-eyed after a patch some time back and my Argonian NB is terrible looking. But the latter is only level 2 and acting as a name placeholder, I'll cheerfully ditch her for a necromancer and start from scratch on a new race/appearance.
    • Neoealth
      Neoealth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I would never race change. I bond with my characters. So to alter their race would be too weird.

I just make sure i choose my race carefully when i create a new character.
      Edited by Neoealth on January 18, 2019 8:10PM
    • Soleya
      Soleya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I never picked races for my character for 1% more dps or min/maxing. so I have no plans to change them no matter what happens with the update.
    • merpins
      merpins
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I recently made a magplar DPS for testing a build I came up with. Due to the racial passives, Dark Elf was superior to Altmer by a small margin in terms of damage, however it was more about how I just like how Dunmer look in comparison, so I picked Dark Elf. With this update, Dark Elf just becomes a less good Altmer for magicka builds to the point that it isn't even a comparison, so yes I will be switching my magplar from a Dunmer to an Altmer.
      Edited by merpins on January 18, 2019 8:28PM
    • LaveniaRose
      LaveniaRose
      ✭✭✭
      I have one character that I used the wrong nose for during the character selection. Think I'm going to use my free race change to move the nose slider one position to the right.
    • Akrasjel
      Akrasjel
      ✭✭✭✭
      I have no reason to do so at this point.
      Passive Changes aren't a big factor
      [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
      Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
      Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
      Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Matchimus
      Matchimus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm new. have my main at cp400 so no idea really about what's going on. I get we need to be adaptable in life but it seems the longer u have played the more these changes impact and I think that should be a consideration.
    • max_only
      max_only
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      lillybit wrote: »
      I have one stam character - a Bosmer NB I kept because it was fun doing sneaky things with. TG and DB were so much more fun with her! Now without the sneak bonus there's no point so will finally give in and make here mag

This saddens me.
      #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
      #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
      || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
      ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    • Robo_Hobo
      Robo_Hobo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'll probably use it to change the appearance of one of my characters, but not the race.
    • mxxo
      mxxo
      ✭✭✭✭
      I got 4 Mag Dunmer. My Main is Dunmer. I love these Chars and i put effort in their creation. I wont change. I hope there will be at least a class change token..

Edited by mxxo on January 18, 2019 10:08PM
    • Thalidar
      Thalidar
      ✭✭✭
      lillybit wrote: »

I feel for you. My Bosmer Magplar uses stealth a lot to get in and out of trouble, so losing it changes how I have to play the character an awful lot.

So much for play as you want to. 🤔
    • Sylvermynx
      Sylvermynx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I have some of every race, and some of every class. I won't be playing a necromancer. And I won't be changing anyone.