The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Will you be using the Free Race Change?

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
Looking at the Passive Changes, will you be changing one of your mains, If you are please say why and maybe From which race to which race.

Will you be using the Free Race Change? 334 votes

Yes I will be changing race
28%
SolarikentheyanceyCaligamy_ESODaveMoeDeejluchauXundiinkypranb14_ESODarcyMardinOsteosxMovingTargetMaythorDemionDTStormfoxclocksstoppeSheezabeastMattock_RomulusTanis-StormbinderbellatrixedAgobiZaryc 96 votes
No i wont be changing races
44%
ImryllSoleyaCasdhavailjohn_ESOmesnaBowserdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOotis67KesstrylGadamlub14_ESOGreyleafhaploeb14_ESOLightspeedflashb14_ESODominoidwenchmore420b14_ESOTurelusAimoraDanikatSkayaqeklhaftb16_ESO 149 votes
I'll have to look over it more/See if ZoS make any other changes
26%
ashenehb14_ESOJarndyceAlendrinRDMyers65b14_ESOArrodisiaTryxusIruil_ESODarlonNebthet78mertustaAektannLelldoranofalcasternub18_ESOAzraelKriegsrfrogg23bottleofsyrupMasterSpatulaPerwulfLatiosDarkmage1337 89 votes
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only reason why I'll change a race is because I got tired if my wood elf boy NB and want him as a khajiit girl now and instead of rerolling and losing full horse training, I'll be able to keep it, at the expense of weird name for this new girl.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    The only reason why I'll change a race is because I got tired if my wood elf boy NB and want him as a khajiit girl now and instead of rerolling and losing full horse training, I'll be able to keep it, at the expense of weird name for this new girl.

Fair enough, just say she had weird parents
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many times they already changed the passives since the launch? These changes surely aren't last ones we're gonna get - and probably they aren't the worst ones, either. I'll save the free change token for later.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quite sure you cant change your sex though
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I've read changing race will allow an appearance change.

So I'm going to change race primarily to switch my hair color.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can...it works like appearance change token too.
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure. I want to change my Argonian, but someone made a good point about how you can't change names. Will look pretty dumb having a Breton with an Argo name.
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. Because, unlike ZOS, I actually value my characters.
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Or if I do, it'll be because I'm bored of my Altmer sorcerer and I'll be changing him into a Khajiit taking advantage of the free token. That decision, however, will have nothing to do with the upcoming racial passives changes.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's already a few polls now and it looks like the majority of players are not going to change their characters.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I've read changing race will allow an appearance change.

So I'm going to change race primarily to switch my hair color.
    Oh, I didn't think of that... I might use the free race change token to make a minor adjustment to a character's appearance. Maybe someone gets a haircut, or grows a beard or something.

I definitely won't be using it to change anyone's race though. That's a significant part of the identity of each of my characters.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also I thought about changing my imperial dk tank to nord, but ugly...and block cost and bash reduction could be something interesting to say with.

Still I want a Nord.... maybe Nord nercomancer?
    Edited by Tasear on January 17, 2019 6:20PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no interest in changing any aspect of my characters. I rarely notice any changes and when I do I adapt and play on. Not competitively, of course, which I appreciate makes a difference.
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play my main - Latios - so I’ll use to whatever is fit. Why not?

I’ll still need more information, though. Redguards are still strong.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. I have 1 character that was slated to be a Dunmer mDK. I never got around to leveling her at all. I already have Redguard and Nord DKs. Not sure that I want an Argonian DK. I may just delete her and roll a Breton or Altmer.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be using it to change a character's base hairstyle since I won't be changing race based on the new passives
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • ELawlis
    ELawlis
    ✭✭✭
    I'm changing my DK from Argonian to Orc, only because I've wanted to for some time but didn't want to drop any money. Plus with the change it doesn't seem to be a major drawback for my plan to tank with it.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »

Not unheard of, when it comes to names... And the name it's fairly genderless, I think. "Zoarhiel". Weird parents, she -will-have. 😋
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can, already checked on pts :))
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not unheard of, when it comes to names... And the name it's fairly genderless, I think. "Zoarhiel". Weird parents, she -will-have. 😋

Well i was also going to change my Ugly redguard into a cute kitty, need to prepare for elsweyr but im too lazy to redo my guys
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    probably going to have to race change my redguard tank to a nord because of that ulti gen and physical resistance.

but then i have the problem where i need to race change my dunmer templar and magdk to altmer because they're not going to be top choice for dps anymore :( need more than 1 token
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only to change appearance. probably on a Khajiit.
    Have an Bosmer mageblade and a khajiit stamblade, they will swap roles :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have dunmer magDK and argonian dk tank, both secondary toons without much soul put in, probably race change one of them to Nord for trial tank.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but not because of the racial changes, only because I wanted to change his race anyway but didn't want to buy a race change token. I decided I wanted a Mag toon to be Stam but he's an Altmer now and that won't work too good so I wanted to change him to either an Orc or Bosmer.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just leveled up an Argonian warden. I already have a Breton warden so I think I am going to change the Argonian into a Stamina race. Not sure which one though. The name will be weird for sure.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Aluneth
    Aluneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll either do...

Imperial -> Nord

or

Altmer -> Dunmer
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll change one of my 15. Not right away though. Will be hard choosing which of my 15.
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wood elf is pretty much dead to me at this point.. i guess i have no choice but to change my main into a cat.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My characters are not trans-racial.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well i was also going to change my Ugly redguard into a cute kitty, need to prepare for elsweyr but im too lazy to redo my guys

Doo eeht! I deleted my ugly fat orc for a cute hot orc, and now I miss the guy, but no regrets! The token would have made it so much easier though.