The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Khajiit passives are not nerfed, do the maths.

p_tsakirisb16_ESO
p_tsakirisb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I see a lot of complaining about the replacement of the Khajiit +10% Sta regen with flat +75 sta regen
Seems all but the developers forgot that since SotH (2016) patch, all bonuses are additive NOT Multiplicative .

A Khajiit at best has 514 base Sta regen. The +10% racial is 51 regen. Now we get 75 which is equivelent to 14.6% bonus.

All other bonuses (mooncalf, med armour etc) are calculated over the 514 base value and added to it.

So relax and enjoy the big buff we got on Magicka also.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are a vampire the bonus gets even better.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @p_tsakirisb16_ESO , no, the other bonuses are not calculated on 514 base value; they're calculated from the base plus any flat bonuses. So if you have Dubious Camoran Throne drink buff, then you will have 833 regen affected by percentage buffs.

But you're right in the sense that 10% is actually worse than flat 75 until around 1.3k unbuffed regen value, and PvE builds usually don't run that much.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on January 17, 2019 12:39PM
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a lot of complaining about the replacement of the Khajiit +10% Sta regen with flat +75 sta regen
    Seems all but the developers forgot that since SotH (2016) patch, all bonuses are additive NOT Multiplicative .

A Khajiit at best has 514 base Sta regen. The +10% racial is 51 regen. Now we get 75 which is equivelent to 14.6% bonus.

All other bonuses (mooncalf, med armour etc) are calculated over the 514 base value and added to it.

At pvp, if builds for higher regen, you are wrong. It is a nerf. Your math example is not correct. If used a buff drink, then its flat amount is added to the base, THEN the % so, with just the flat amout and no racial % bonus, you get less when building for high recovery pvp setup.

So all high sustain builds that did get % bonus from racials are getting nerfed sadly.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now add the extra health, swap the health enchant for stamina.
    Yes this will nerf briarheart or other sets with health effect.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »

At pvp, if builds for higher regen, you are wrong. It is a nerf. Your math example is not correct. If used a buff drink, then its flat amount is added to the base, THEN the % so, with just the flat amout and no racial % bonus, you get less when building for high recovery pvp setup.

So all high sustain builds that did get % bonus from racials are getting nerfed sadly.

Right - PVP wise it seems to be a nerf.

PVE wise, not so much, small buff.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »

If I remember correctly the formula is

Recovery = (Base + Gear + Mundus + Drink) * (Skills + CP)

Currently we have with current racial (10%) + mooncalf (15%) + 7 medium (28%)

Base 514 + Dring 319 + Mundus (7 gold divines) 363 = 1196
    1196 * 1.53 = 1830 (rounded).

With the new skills are

Base 514 + Dring 319 + Mundus (7 gold) 363 + Racial 75 = 1271
    1271 * 1.43 = 1818

So all this complaining for losing 12 STA regen under the worst case conditions?

Especially when we get Health and especially Magicka in par to Altmers?

Many in PVP wear at least 1-2 impregnable traits, so they actually get more stamina than losing now!!!!!
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on January 17, 2019 3:20PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every other stamina race basically got buffed sustain. Bosmer, Redguard, Orc and even Altmer has better sustain.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Every other stamina race basically got buffed sustain. Bosmer, Redguard, Orc and even Altmer has better sustain.

You implying that Khajiit didn't got buffed? At worse remained the same and got a big Magicka buff.
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    No seems to be mentioning losing the 10 percent damage reduction from stealth. I mean aren't most khajiit nb gankers? I mean that was their niche. I guess they wanted to get rid of niches but take away that and they are just inferior.
    Edited by GarnetFire17 on January 17, 2019 3:25PM
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok wait... after reading stuff....

for PVE, I want an answer - is the sustain nerfed or buffed? Either way it appears to be a very small buff/nerf.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You implying that Khajiit didn't got buffed? At worse remained the same and got a big Magicka buff.

For a pure stamina build, Khajiit remains the same, while all other stamina races got buffed. Magicka buffs don't do much for 90% existing stamina cats. We lost gank damage bonus as well.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For a pure stamina build, Khajiit remains the same, while all other stamina races got buffed. Magicka buffs don't do much for 90% existing stamina cats. We lost gank damage bonus as well.

But most of the buffs for other races (except redguard which was already ahead) won't really put them past a khajiit for stamina pve dps.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No seems to be mentioning losing the 10 percent damage reduction from stealth. I mean aren't most khajiit nb gankers?

LOL :smiley:

What I see is that ALL my toons (all khajiit but 1), got a buff. Especially the DD Templar (I have 3 Templars).
    Repentance + Whirlwind 4TW.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UESP has the calculations for all of this and it is easy to work new numbers in to figure out how the changes affect you:

Complete Formula for Health Recovery
    HealthRegen =
    (round(5.592 * Level + 29.4) + Item.HealthRegen + Set.HealthRegen + Mundus.HealthRegen + (Food.HealthRegen)*(1/(1 + Skill2.HealthRegen)))*(1 + CP.HealthRegen + Skill.HealthRegen + Buff.HealthRegen)*(1 + Skill2.HealthRegen)
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Azyle1 , if your unbuffed regen (sum of the base regen and flat buffs you get from regen food, glyphs, damage bonuses) is below ~1270, give or take, then you're buffed. Since there's very little need to run that much in PvE, it means that sustain is buffed by a very small amount.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Azyle1 , if your unbuffed regen (sum of the base regen and flat buffs you get from regen food, glyphs, damage bonuses) is below ~1270, give or take, then you're buffed. Since there's very little need to run that much in PvE, it means that sustain is buffed by a very small amount.
    @John_Falstaff
    Thank you. I understand now.
    Edited by Azyle1 on January 17, 2019 3:35PM
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually except the Redguard, the Khajiit has the best sustain of all other races.
    But while the Redguard would need to add some Crit to catch the 8% bonus (AY for example), we could add reduction with either Hircine or VO. And we (the Khajiit) are on top after that :D

As for Magicka, is bigger boost than the Altmer ever had. 14.5% over 9%!!!!!!

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually except the Redguard, the Khajiit has the best sustain of all other races.
    But while the Redguard would need to add some Crit to catch the 8% bonus (AY for example), we could add reduction with either Hircine or VO. And we (the Khajiit) are on top after that :D

Bosmer sustain of 254 stamina recovery effectively becomes 400 stamina recovery. Which is way beyond double of Khajiit, like it used to be. Orc using weapon spammable has effectively 380 stamina regen, still higher than Khajiit, but understandable as it is conditional. Still for pure PvE DPS, especially without group sustain support, Orcs will beat Khajiit.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @p_tsakirisb16_ESO , don't forget that weapon/spell power formula includes max resource as well, so the redguad already has counterbalance to 8% crit in the form of 2k stamina (unbuffed too), which would amount to, I think, 192 weapon damage. Khajiit has 750 for 72 weapon damage, so redguad also has advantage of about 120 weapon damage.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bosmer sustain of 254 stamina recovery effectively becomes 400 stamina recovery. Which is way beyond double of Khajiit, like it used to be. Orc using weapon spammable has effectively 380 stamina regen, still higher than Khajiit, but understandable as it is conditional. Still for pure PvE DPS, especially without group sustain support, Orcs will beat Khajiit.

So my question is... outside of the sustain, what about DPS?
    Khajiit didn't gain anymore stam did they? They still have crit. So won't they still be pretty good dps wise?
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didnt ask for magicka bonuses for khajiit. The 8% speelcrit are not bad and Ive always wondered why it wasnt a thing to begin with, but I dislike the magicka stat and regen bonuses as they subtract from stamina and health bonuses.

Id prefer it if theyd done it similar to the altmer passives where you would get something out of the spellcrit, but the rest would be stamina oriented with a bit of health.
    Anyone that played a magicka based khajiit before doesnt care much about numbers and would still get a huge buff with the crit.
    Edited by GaunterODim on January 17, 2019 3:55PM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Azyle1 , khajiit gained 750 of every resource, so it's a small buff too. Also got closer to redguad because redguad lost about 1-1.5k max stamina. So I would say that damage wise, even a tiny bit better than before, though more sustain would be welcome.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on January 17, 2019 3:57PM
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Azyle1 , khajiit gained 750 of every resource, so it's a small buff too. Also got closer to redguad because redguad lost about 1-1.5k max stamina. So I would say that damage wise, even a tiny bit better than before, though more sustain would be welcome.

@John_Falstaff

Cool. I would need to go home and check my stat sheet on my stamblade, but I'm thinking if it is a small buff, I'll be happy.

Just curious is Orc, Dunmer or Bosmer will outclass Khajiits. We will see in the PTR.

• Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it's all buffs accross the board. Sorry for the high regen/gank builds in pvp. I'm personally 100% satisfied. I was afraid about the regen values, but I did the maths and it actually is a buff in the quasi-totality of the scenarii.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    For me it's all buffs accross the board. Sorry for the high regen/gank builds in pvp. I'm personally 100% satisfied. I was afraid about the regen values, but I did the maths and it actually is a buff in the quasi-totality of the scenarii.

But all "high regen/gang builds" have at least 1 impenetrable trait on armour. So the change is buff not nerf :D
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajit just became one of the most interesting races in the game. I might end up making my magplar a cat person.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all bonuses are additive NOT Multiplicative .

Why you lie?
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why you lie?

Things change with the Hirst patch back in 2016

So where did I "lied"?

On "skill" is
    Racial passive + Repetance + Mooncalf + Whirlwind for example

Before Hirst patch they were Racial passive * Repetance * Mooncalf * Whirlwind
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on January 17, 2019 8:04PM
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khajiit sustain got NERFED, at least in pvp. It was never the best in sustain, but had

Why you lie?

So where did I "lied"?

it changedback to a different multiplicative formula. check uesp build editor for the exact one.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »
    khajiit sustain got NERFED, at least in pvp. It was never the best in sustain, but had

Why you lie?

So where did I "lied"?

it changedback to a different multiplicative formula. check uesp build editor for the exact one.

Why you do not load the game put/remove items and skills by yourself to see their effect and bonuses?
    Why you do not contribute to prove where the calculations are wrong, instead of acting like slanderer?
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on January 17, 2019 8:11PM