The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New dungeons better be normal

Libonotus
Libonotus
✭✭✭✭✭
And by normal I mean the same difficulty as the old dungeons and some DLC dungeons on the normal setting. I don’t think it’s fair to have “normal” dlc dungeons be vet difficulty and vet dlc dungeons be trial difficulty. That means only a minority of the player base get to form the tablet and see Abnur Tharne :(
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what about tryhards that complain the game is so easy?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course they will be. Every dungeon comes with a normal and veteran version :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind them being difficult, but why does every DLC dungeon need to be a 2 hours run?
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are normally balanced arround the CP cap, so they will be normal at 810 CP.

Of cthey will get a Normal version aswell, but they might also get a vet version, and maybe even a HM :dizzy:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If players have bad DPS and they don't understand do the mechanics properly even some base game dungeons can last a long time. The last 2-3 dungeon DLCs are not actually that hard unless the hard mode is activated. So if you're just after the monster helm and purple jewelry, you don't sweat too much. Hard modes are really hard though, but they only give additional achievements and increased drop rate for certain cosmetic items like furnishing plans and motif pages. I don't see any problem here.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about this: players play the game, skill up, advance and progress until they can complete the new dungeons.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No DLC dungeon is harder than City of Ash 2, so there you go.
    The Moot Councillor
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    How about this: players play the game, skill up, advance and progress until they can complete the new dungeons.

Let's ease up on the hate speech.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wish it was this way. I really do. But people whinge.
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Lol
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get good? This game wasnt made for toddlers lol. If they make it easy then you wont have a base of veteran players. And if you think ANY dungeon ik ESO is hard on normal then you should really look into how the game is played
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ookami007 wrote: »

His suggestion has nothing to do with hate speech tho...

He is actually pretty accurate on how it is supposed to be played, the players are just no willing to put some effort into the game, yet they demand stuff by not doin content appropiate to the rewards they want.

PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, heaven forbid a dungeon requires you to do more than just standing in the bad while light attacking your way past bosses.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

😂🤣😂😂🤣🤣🤣 what?! Lmao!
  • mjharper
    mjharper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree. These dungeons need to be balanced around CP 160 on normal mode, NOT 810. They are Story Dungeons, after all.

Have vet for 810, and HM for more if necessary (maybe for every boss, like the new trial). But if these dungeons are meant to complement CP 160 story DLC, they need to be CP 160 dungeon DLC.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not in my experience no. I have finished CoA2 multiple times with pugs. I have yet to do same for March of sacrifices or wolfhunter keep

seriously, if ZoS going to insist on increasing difficulty this much on NORMAL? they need to start thinking about releasing solo modes for all their dungeons (not the I'm so badass I can solo them, actual solo modes that ANYONE can solo - have them not drop any gear for all I care, just make their quests accessible)

especially now that they are tying them into the overreaching story
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • mjharper
    mjharper
    ✭✭✭✭

Riiight. I can solo COA2 on normal. But March of Sacrifices? I think not.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that the new dungeons raise the bar on difficulty. They should.

Now, making them take an hour to complete once they are known is a bit much. That length of time is more for a Trial.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ookami007 wrote: »

I'm going to assume facetiousness.
    Edited by mairwen85 on January 16, 2019 2:24PM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want these dungeons to be so soul crushingly difficult that it makes vCR+3 look like a cakewalk in comparison.
    Argonian forever
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

City of Ash 2 is a medium level dungeon. Every DLC dungeon is harder than it. I personally think that since the DLC dungeons this year are all tied to the story, they should be medium difficulty, similar to COA2. It'll make it easy enough for players to run through on Normal and get the story, but add a bit of a challenge without being mindnumbingly difficult. We've had 6 straight hard dungeons, each harder than the last.
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get good? This game wasnt made for toddlers lol. If they make it easy then you wont have a base of veteran players. And if you think ANY dungeon ik ESO is hard on normal then you should really look into how the game is played
    UM HELLO
    I’m talking about normal dungeons, not vet dungeons. Normal are for those non-vet players/people with low CO and these DLC dungeons are still far too difficult for some none-vet/LOE CP players.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Libonotus wrote: »
    UM HELLO
    I’m talking about normal dungeons, not vet dungeons. Normal are for those non-vet players/people with low CO and these DLC dungeons are still far too difficult for some none-vet/LOE CP players.

this!!!!!!!!!!

I mean you get these dungeons in random queue before you even hit lvl 50...
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UM HELLO

Then they have to get better. Problem solved.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. There are so many dungeons in this game there should be a mode fairly easy to run for the solo players. Don't take away all challenge but make it doable for the average player. For the hardcore players there is always vet mode and that comes with its own unique rewards. I don't see why anyone would be against this.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need a story line only mode. People like me who are older and partially disabled with poor eyesight and hand-eye coordination are simply unable to play certain content. Doesn't matter if that provides only limited drops. Otherwise it causes players to not purchase or to leave the game if playing it to completion is just not possible. That results in an income loss to ZOS which in turn harms the franchise.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the difficulty of normal and vet DLC is spot on for what I expect to be called normal and veteran. I whish ALL dungeons where of this level.
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And by normal I mean the same difficulty as the old dungeons and some DLC dungeons on the normal setting. I don’t think it’s fair to have “normal” dlc dungeons be vet difficulty and vet dlc dungeons be trial difficulty. That means only a minority of the player base get to form the tablet and see Abnur Tharne :(

I'm glad that there are more people agreeing with this sentiment than backing up the elitists in this thread.

Having a Normal version that has a reasonable level of difficulty for the 90% of the population that doesn't regularly complete Vet and Hard Mode isn't too much to ask for.

The people who want exponentially challenging content can still have that. Continue to make Vet and HM reflect the needs of that community.

Having a Normal mode in new DLC's that reflects the needs of the other community (the larger percentage of the playerbase) doesn't take away from the former group. There isn't a loss here. It's about accessibility.

I don't understand why the Vet/HM crowd needs to pipe in and say, "Git good" when the subject matter of this thread has nothing to do with them, since they don't do Normal mode to begin with.

What I would really like to see is the LFG have filters so you can toggle which DLC's show up.
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zathras wrote: »

I'm glad that there are more people agreeing with this sentiment than backing up the elitists in this thread.

Having a Normal version that has a reasonable level of difficulty for the 90% of the population that doesn't regularly complete Vet and Hard Mode isn't too much to ask for.

The people who want exponentially challenging content can still have that. Continue to make Vet and HM reflect the needs of that community.

Having a Normal mode in new DLC's that reflects the needs of the other community (the larger percentage of the playerbase) doesn't take away from the former group. There isn't a loss here. It's about accessibility.

I don't understand why the Vet/HM crowd needs to pipe in and say, "Git good" when the subject matter of this thread has nothing to do with them, since they don't do Normal mode to begin with.

What I would really like to see is the LFG have filters so you can toggle which DLC's show up.

Have an insightful
  • Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭
    COA2 is not harder but it is one of the longest dungeons in the game in size and time spent to complete. As for the DLC dungeons normal has no set level of entry but will become easier the more you learn its mechanics and vet will be harder but its has a set level of difficulty and that is cp 300 and has been stated many times by the dungeon lead Mike Fennagin. "Sorry if I misspelled it." And it has been this way sense Morrowind came out when they set the CP to give us a 20% increase in all stats at 300 cp or 100 cp spent in each tree. Most end game DLC and chapter content is designed to this level of difficulty cause that is were our characters are capped in stat power increases. I say most because some was added before one Tamriel and the rest after Morrowind. But it also explains why nothing has really changed sense then except the damage and mitigation increases nothing really gives you any major power growth sense cp is front loaded.
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw