The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will you Pre-Purchase Elsweyr?

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't decided yet.

I definitely want Elsweyr but I'm not finished with the content I've already got so I'm not in a hurry to buy more, and none of the pre-purchase items are things I definitely want. (The collectors edition items are very tempting, but I can get them later.)

I might buy it for myself, I might get it as a birthday present in May, or I might wait and get it on sale later on. (I did briefly consider waiting a year to get it from the crown store without the Necromancer class since that might be cheaper and I'm probably not going to play a necromancer, but I'm not sure I want to wait that long.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    Yes, but later. With no physical CE there is no reason to hurry. I won't use that horse, and I already have Summerset and Morrowind.
    I'm not sure if I'll play as soon as it release, but I will recreate one of my characters. Again. First warden, then sorc, now, finally she will be necromancer.
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I mean what’s 50 bucks...
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    cuz why not :)

Great Twitch Stream BTW.
    PC
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Because...
    Depends on what the PTS patch notes bring, if half the khajiiti kinds are removed from lore, and if dragons are simply dolmens/geysers v3.0.
    Edited by Numerikuu on January 16, 2019 12:00PM
  • matsuobasho
    matsuobasho
    ✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    I work full time.
    12 hours a day.
    I don't do drugs, so I like to think I'm spending my drug money on ESO.

...and i play it from workplace. (Perks of being the owner)
  • NarutoUzumaki242
    Depends on PTS really, but if it had a Physical Collector's Edition, I'd pre-order it without a doubt. I have all the ESO Physical CEs displayed right behind me, and I was saving a spot for the 2019 statue, but ugh.
    EPNord Dragonknight – Tank – Ygritte Kjældsen "She's my Primary Tank"
    ADBreton Templar – Healer – Annabelle Jurard "She's my only Healer"
    DCAltmer Sorcerer– DPS – Valritte Kjældsen "She's my SorcDPS"
    ADAltmer Templar – DPS – Ayrenn Arana Uzumaki "She's my Jabs DW DPS"
    EPDark Elf Warden – DPS – Alyanna von Nerethi "She's my Pet DPS"
    EPDark Elf Nightblade – DPS – Naryu Virian Uzumaki "She's obviously my DW Assassin"
    DCImperial Templar– Tank – Ariana Præxemilia Leonius/b] "She's my Secondary Tank"
    EPImperial Dragonknight – DPS – Aurelius Marcus Uzumaki "The Supreme Pontiff"
    EPBreton Necromancer– DPS – Alyssane Montierre "For TES VI Role-playing"

Primary Residence – Daggerfall Overlook "Kjældsen Manor"
    New Residence to complete – Grand Psijic Villa "Uzumaki Artæum Manor"

"We profess that there is no salvation outside the Church... For the Church is the pillar and ground of the truth." – Pope Leo XII

TESO accounts: NarutoUzumaki24 | NarutoUzumaki242
    Fanfiction.net author name: Ex-Durandal 24
    Steam: Pope Pius XIII
    Origin: Jello242
    Uplay: bfigu
    GOG Galaxy: Jello242
    "All of us want peace; not the peace of the dead, but the peace of the living..." – Philippine President Rodrigo Roa Duterte
  • CrisXD
    CrisXD
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    The dragons are coming...and Khajiits are everything
    PS4 EU
    Tamriel Dance Masters:
    AD - Altmer MagSorc, Altmer Magplar, Redguard StamBlade(PVP)
    EP - Nord Tank, Altmer MagSorc(PVP), Dunmer MagBlade(PVP)
    DC - Redguard StamWarden, Breton MagDK

GM - The Taverneers PS4 EU

Feeling Fresh Traders PS4 EU
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    Already did. Why? Necromancers, Abnur Tharn, Cadwell.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Rylisin
    Rylisin
    ✭✭✭
    No, Because...
    No, I don't want to give ZOS anymore money while Oceanic players are getting swept under the carpet. No point in paying for content I can't play.

And the story carrying over the year doesn't really appeal to me. I'd rather it be in the Chapter itself instead of starting in the dungeons? Necromancer looks fun but it's the only thing they've really added with this that is interesting, but looking at the history of Warden's my expectations for it remaining fun are relatively low. I dunno, I'll probably wait to see if the game improves, what nerfhammers get swung when PTS rolls around and maybe pick it up next year on sale I guess.
    PC | NA - NZ Player. Played since mid 2016, CP 1380+ An autistic, tired, coffee driven Kiwi. I draw a lot of fantasy and things.Cirion Adaine - Warden / Crafter | - Niryahil Adaine - NB healer - Ciara Ruhaerin - Nightblade something something, and a few alts for good measure.
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    Already did. The moment it became available.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    I'm going to buy it anyway so...
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one will finally return to his homeland and battle the dragons along side my favorite pompous mage just like in the old tales the nords always speak of.

I want to see if they have the physical collector's edition first before I purchase it.
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oberstein wrote: »
    If you not, why?

... why not?
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, Because...
    ...I most likely won't play it at launch anyway. Not looking forward to dragons and necromancers. And I don't want yet another mount in my collections tab that I will never use.
    So I will wait a while and buy it on a sale or something.
    PC EU
  • rage607
    rage607
    ✭✭
    No, Because...
    No physical collectors edition.
  • Inerar
    Inerar
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    I can do now, maybe i can't do later. Economical conditions. Plus i love whatever comes from ESO. It's always gives some positive things to my life.
    Whenever i search for an alternative game, i realize that how beautiful ESO is...
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Because...
    No. The price seems high for what this 'chapter' includes, which seems rather barebones. And I personaly won't level a new class as it requires running a lot of content I am pretty tired of.

Plus there's zero point pre-purchasing anything these days, just buy and download on release day if one likes the look of something.
  • mreisse
    mreisse
    ✭✭✭
    No, Because...
    No because my playstyle and budget plan means I'm preordering the NEXT chapter in 2020 and getting Elsweyr bundled with. That's how I got Morrowind+Summerset, and I'm so far from hitting either of those areas there's no point is buying now. I can wait a year and get two chapters for the price of one. If I've lost interest in ESO before I get there, then I've saved money. Either way I'm not hitting Elsweyr this year :smiley:
  • H3rBie
    H3rBie
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    ....I'm simply ESO addicted
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Because...
    I´ll pay when i can play.

I don´t see reason to preorder when i can just buy it 5 minutes before release.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    Necromancers made it an insta-buy. And I know it will be “good enough” even if it doesn’t live up to all expectations because at least I’ll have another class (stamina and magika variants) to piddle around with for the next year or so.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    Did it the moment it came up.
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    I already did, for the pre-order goodies and because I know I'm going to play it as soon as it is released.
    Especially for the new class.
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    Because i love khajiits and can't wait to get into Elsweyr..
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    I haven't yet but I will at some point.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    As a PvPplayer, I'll buy it. Because Camelot Unchained is far away from being finished. :D
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, Because...
    Because there is nothing really new that's getting added in the game with it. We'll get a new zone to explore with some cool quests, but aside from that, I think necromancers will probably be re-skinned sorcerers and this whole chapter won't add any new gameplay elements into the game.
  • hellhound223
    hellhound223
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    Senche-Raht :o
    PC-NA
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    Only a day or two before it's released so I can see what it's going to be like on the pts first