The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will you Pre-Purchase Elsweyr?

Oberstein
Oberstein
✭✭✭
If you not, why?
History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.

Will you Pre-Purchase Elsweyr? 495 votes

Yes, Because...
70%
Imrylltclark_ESOTabbycatConduit0aleksandr_ESOmoonsugar66blaineswing_ESOwayfarerxDeathStalkerClansman2013Pinesyashenehb14_ESOJarndycedaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOdesciviib14_ESOotis67Theryljeramylawsonb14_ESOjluchauJimmy 347 votes
No, Because...
29%
Magenpietheskymovesvailjohn_ESOSuddwrathSteveCampsOutwenchmore420b14_ESOArrodisiaYulsZigoSidGythralDarkstorneKnootewootNebthet78anitajoneb17_ESOAbeillekari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOMalthornevalidifyedneb18_ESOAnroseVhozek 148 votes
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, Because...
    I just generally don't pre-order/purchase games (at least after NMS). Plus, I've been playing the game a lot less lately, so I'd rather wait and see if I get that itch to play it again like I use to (nothing against the game, just a bit of burn out).

Edit: Just realized my ESO+ runs out at the end of May. Might have to skip this chapter until a sale. $100/6months (ESO+) + $70 (Chapter) is just too much IMO.
    Edited by wolf486 on January 16, 2019 12:18PM
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    M87oeRX.jpg
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Because...
    I already did
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    Elsweyr
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    Already did. I usually don't, but I know I'm going to buy it eventually, so why not get the neat "freebies" that come with a pre-order?
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    Cats :)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    I'm going to buy it any way, might as well get shiny things for doing so.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    wanna see it
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    giphy.gif
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    Already did.
  • Azriael2
    Azriael2
    ✭✭✭
    No, Because...
    Nah, I will wait until I know more about it - PTS and etc. Also this pre-purchase horse is not pretty at all.
    "Rise, red as the dawn."
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    yes, because I'd rather get it now that having to bother about it later. Also means I won't forget XD but only a digital upgrade since the collector's edition bonuses are useless and worthless.
    Edited by AefionBloodclaw on January 16, 2019 2:56PM
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, Because...
    No because if I wait a couple of months after release it goes on sale.

I bought all the other chapters eventually and I liked them all, so I still intend to buy it
    Edited by Narvuntien on January 16, 2019 11:33AM
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    I will. BUT i feel the mount looks like the one we got during the summerset event but without armor. I wish there were more mounts that werent a wolf,camel,horse or bear with reskins..
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    I'm hyped.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Because...
    06OqaYV.png

im just gonna wait a few weeks to see if its worth getting, 1-2 weeks of not being able to play outweigh wasting 40$ for a possibly underwhelming expansion and class.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on January 16, 2019 11:34AM
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    I just have but it’s the standard version on the pre-order list

It was a long debate though with myself as I was thinking how are they conning us this time like they did with Summerset and jewellery crafting

I am still thinking there’s a catch a con but will see
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will but not right now, got other stuff to take care of first, I have 3 months to save up
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    I'm going to buy it anyway, so why not to to do it right now and get some shinies? I'm really excited and pleased with what was announced.
    Also, after the absolute treasure that was Murkmire I want to support this game more, including giving them my money early :)
    Hmmm... Maybe even get Collector's this time...
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    Elder Scrolls Online is just one of those games that always brings me happiness. I really enjoy the community, I always like seeing friendly people helping each other and engaging in conversation.

I have purchased every Chapter so far, I have always been very happy with what has been offered.

It is just one of those games that I know I am going to stick with for a long time, and I'll happily show my support.
    Edited by dan958 on January 16, 2019 11:37AM
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, Because...
    I just want to pre-order the physical CE.

I still hope it will be announced soon. But i won't pre-order a digital CE just for a mount i probably will never use.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Because...
    I am gonna wait till PTS patch notes and see what kind of mess they are gonna serve us this time. Mostly when it comes to racial passives. I will totally ignore necromancer for now (because it will undoubtedly be OP / broken P2W class).

But what I am gonna see on the PTS will most likely determine if I am going to support this game further.
    Edit: I have seen new upcoming changes to racial passives and... NOPE ! I am definitely not gonna buy new chapter or any dungeon DLC... "New Approach" was a lie.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 17, 2019 4:49PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Because...
    No, because I'll buy it on June 3rd (no need to provide ZOS with cash in advance).
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    I did for Morrowind and Summerset. And cats.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    Probably.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still undecided. The price is more expensive than Summerset and really only has a new class (one that I was never too excited about to begin with). I'm also meh about Elseweyr.

I'm sure I'll buy it at some point but I still haven't in played my main through Summerset since I quest so slow so I'm in no rush.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    Yes because I can and I want it.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Because...
    Because i don't need dat reskin of horse. Though If i still be playing eso in the summer, i'll buy collector's edition.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Because...
    Sharing is caring
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Because...
    No, the prospect of starting a new character isn't for me at this point.

I would if I could change the class of one of my under utilized characters. For me the only thing in this expansion is the content, and kittehville is not all that interesting to me.