The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Console voice chat.

• Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    I have also encountered the bug, of the never ending count down to change channels.
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    I have also encountered the never ending countdown bug, that is only repaired by completely closing the app.
    Edited by Sticky_Paws on January 25, 2019 6:28PM
  • Mothershed52
    Mothershed52
    ✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    There are other chat issues as well.

I will get the tone that I joined the channel successfully, but there is no one in the list(And I know people are in the channel). If I just wait 10 to 15 min it will eventually let me in. This is only in a very specific scenario. This happens but not very often.

Another bug while I am on the subject is when you go to manually join a channel the message will tell you it is exiting or joining chat, countdown from 5 6 seconds and then reset the count down. This never resolves itself and you have to restart the game.

I encourage console players to hit this thread and keep telling ZOS what is going on.

I've had to do the same, which seems like the only fix is closing the application and restarting or some times even shutting the PS4 all the way down and starting again. Which is a major pain when doing any sort of group activity to say the least.
    NA PS5 / PC
    Life Long Member of New Scrolls Order
    Main: Imperial Stamplar
  • KayEnBee
    KayEnBee
    I’ve had no voice chat at all since the last update. How am I going to participate in Vet Trials where communication is critical?
  • Mothershed52
    Mothershed52
    ✭✭✭
    Still zero update on this?

Ran a trial the other day, had to have one member text call outs in discord so we could communicate with our 12th person who was unable to get into the chat.
    NA PS5 / PC
    Life Long Member of New Scrolls Order
    Main: Imperial Stamplar
  • KayEnBee
    KayEnBee
    Still no fix to this ... Come on ZOS what the heck are you doing? @ZOS_GinaBruno can we please get some sort of comment or acknowledgement of this issue?
    Edited by KayEnBee on January 31, 2019 6:37AM
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is this still happening @ZOS_GinaBruno? I can no longer chat with many of my friend in-game because of this. Why is it taking so long and why is support telling everyone to contact the console vendor instead of admitting there is a problem and working to fix it?

oy4zh3g4dwza.png
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    Rehdaun wrote: »
    Why is this still happening @ZOS_GinaBruno? I can no longer chat with many of my friend in-game because of this. Why is it taking so long and why is support telling everyone to contact the console vendor instead of admitting there is a problem and working to fix it?

oy4zh3g4dwza.png

Are they serious?!?! How is it a console provider problem?! I can jump on OTHER games with Voice chat capabilities and chat for hours without issues... this is a ZOS- ESO SPECIFIC Problem. Fix YOUR Broken chat!
    Edited by Sticky_Paws on January 31, 2019 6:55PM
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    Bump
  • BruceChillis
    BruceChillis
    ✭✭
    It's an absolute joke, they don't even have the balls to reply to this thread, look at the ppl complaining Zos, look at the f'kn comments Zos, FIX YOUR F'KN *** ZOS!!!!!!!!!
  • BruceChillis
    BruceChillis
    ✭✭
    Why would anyone even want to play this game anymore when half of us can't chat to anyone, can't run trials cos there's no f'kn chat channels they've all disappeared, can't run pvp cos there's no f'kn chat channels!! Seriously, someone needs to pull the finger out and at the absolute very least, reply and tell us wat the f'k is going on
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested changing the dns setting like what's posted here?

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30349/~/why-do-i-keep-getting-the-voice-chat-is-unavailable-message-on-playstation-4?

I've been told from a couple people that it fixed theirs.
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rehdaun wrote: »
    Has anyone tested changing the dns setting like what's posted here?

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30349/~/why-do-i-keep-getting-the-voice-chat-is-unavailable-message-on-playstation-4?

I've been told from a couple people that it fixed theirs.
    Unfortunately, that won't fix the issue. It's caused by the server, not on our end.
  • BruceChillis
    BruceChillis
    ✭✭
    Day 4 with no voice chat, how long does Zos think ppl are gonna play this game solo, no chat, no f'kn collaboration, no (easy) way to run trials! And STILL nobody from Zos will even acknowledge the problem wat a bunch of useless good for nothing f'ks
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    Tried doing the dns server gig to fix the chat glitch, still ended up running into the problem again today of the chat channel completely disappearing.
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    I logged in today, the entire guildchat is dead... no one comes to the social side. aka guild chat because of the problem I text chatted hello, and got responses : everyone hangs out in psn chats because chat is broken.PSN only hosts 8. Not enough for end game content, not enough to host a guild event... I'm loosing faith in the dev team fixing this MAJOR problem. How can this continue and not be rated as a problem? When will we have some feedback from the team to know you are working out an actual resolution to the problem?
    We want the forced to group chat REMOVED- Make it a pop up choice when grouping, and stable guild chat channel connections. PLEASE. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    xkuqvzkbqc1b.jpg
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    Still having this happen regularly where chats straight up disappear from selection menu
    Edited by Bc_bmx on February 10, 2019 6:29PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is still an issue.
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    So today I logged into the game and just didn't have chat channels for any of my guilds... so clearly it's getting worse. Some acknowledgement of the behalf of the game would be great. A resolution would be better. When?
    Edited by Sticky_Paws on February 10, 2019 7:36PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE

Can someone please look into this. No chat channels work currently on Ps4 NA.

Each time I click one to enter it they disappear until I have no chat channels left. Restarting the App doesn’t fix and neither does clearing data or reinstalling the game.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open up Networking on the PS4 settings, change nothing about your current setup except your DNS servers. Set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and then restart console, and load game. Couple of guildies were locked out of voice chat for days and claim the above fixed it for them. If it fixes for you, please post back here so others know it's something worth trying.

PS4NA
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Open up Networking on the PS4 settings, change nothing about your current setup except your DNS servers. Set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and then restart console, and load game. Couple of guildies were locked out of voice chat for days and claim the above fixed it for them. If it fixes for you, please post back here so others know it's something worth trying.

They were already set there. I believe since I first turned on my Ps4 like 6 years ago.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been going on for over a year..got tired of bumping the bug report with no response at all.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/384073/xbox1-na-guild-chat-channels-disappear/p1
    Edited by Sandman929 on February 11, 2019 8:38PM
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    Well sh_t. Guess we might as well file the game under broken and non repairable. Since it's been on the forums without a response in over a year. I seriously suggest everyone following either of the two threads as well as the affected accounts remove there subs to esoplus and stop funding chapter updates. No love for console=no cash to spend.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This has been going on for 2 weeks now. Good luck running something like vHOF. Mine crapped out at the spider and everything fell apart. Ridiculous.
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    It'll take a great deal of players dropping their subscriptions to make that happen, but it seems that may be the extent of what needs to happen to get some attention on this. My wife canceled hers a little while back and a few of my friends have done the same. I've been holding out for a glimmer of hope that we get a massive bug fix rather than a dlc at some point. This bug is killing communication massively, and driving players away. My guild has resorted to using discord for guild related voice chat, but that unfortunately doesn't accommodate users that won't or cannot access that service. So they get the short end of the stick on that front, missing out on community events, all because the game is in a state of disrepair.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chat has been broken for days for me on PS4 na. :'(
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aside from a glitchy couple of days a couple weeks back, chat has been rock solid for me on PS4NA. These things get complicated - What if the people affected all have the same brand of router, and a recent firmware update broke something?

Point is, it may not always be on the ZOS side of things.

Another poster claimed disabling IPv6 on their router fixed their chat problem. On PS4, making sure your MTU is set to "Automatic" and proxy server set to "None" are things to try, along with using the Google DNS servers I posted about higher up in this thread, are all things you can try.

Day after day for the past 2 weeks, I move in and out of voice chats between Zone, groups and guilds with no trouble at all. I have default settings on PS4 except for using 8.8.8.8 for DNS, and default settings on my router (No port-forwarding, etc)

So I'd encourage those of you with trouble to get creative with your home networking settings, reset some things you may have set before and forgotten about, and see if you can find a solution.

It's likely to happen faster if you do something yourself, rather than if you wait for ZOS to fix something that may not really be on their end of things at all.
    PS4NA
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    Our last two guild trials nights have included one of our healers unable to use in-game voice chat. Please make an effort to correct this apparently widespread problem.
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA