The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP in EU server dying very fast

VinayExile
VinayExile
✭✭✭✭
havent seen this go faster in any MMO then in ESO, and ive played quite some in a competitive way to know what im seeing.

EU vivec has no guilds left not even semi hardcore guilds that raid on a regular basis.

What is left now is random people asking for groups in chat but besides the casual alliance wide zerg that goes around taking keeps there is nothing, so they get bored and leave leaving us with 1 bar populations before 23:00 ( this might be off because of timezones but still. ) even in weekends, and last year may even at 3-4 am there was 2-3 bars and lots of people and a year before that Azura star days was always pop locked!

I have been in almost 7 pvp guilds now of wich 2 were hardcore, and all of these guilds quit, or stopped playing the game alltogether because of the preformance problems or no incentive to play pvp, it is like after 5 years this game is still in beta release with some weird patches glued together that 9 out of 10 times brings more broken stuff to the game.

After 5 years i myself am calling very close to quits, theres no one left to fight?
Just saying this to try and see why or what is going on, but its definitly happening in EU servers and faster it seems, since there is so little people left more leave montly it seems.

Edited by VinayExile on December 23, 2018 1:41AM
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, Havent logged on with Mayo Mayo since alot of time, i stopped playing ESO because of
    1) Lag
    2) Warden groups spin2win
    3)PvP is pointless and non rewarding

I used to do some PvE when i get bored with PvP but its also broken, all what people do in PvE now is watching a raiding guild on twitch and try to mimic it.
    And zenimax *** up with introducing perfected gear for trials, I remember the trial "Maw of Lorkhaj" bringing the highest population of raiders in ESO but now trials are doomed by making gear of veteran and normal mode different

Zenimax has made a killer mistake by listening to top tier raiders with biggest mouths and shouts on forums and the whole social media, there were like what, 200 "elitist" raiders in ESO? when Zenimax listened to those 200 players and made the game favors them it has blocked the stream of new and casual players all around, making a steady decline of players ever since, about time before ESO turns into to ghost town
    PC EU

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AvA on PC/NA is dying too.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopped playing for the same reasons
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without exaggeration, this is the worst state of PvP since ESO launched. Even in the single-digit fps lighting patch there were more people playing than now.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes numbers is going down, I think the main reason is lack of incentive. Some suggestions, all have been proposed before.
    1. Pop dependent campaign ticks
    2. Much better campaign rewards
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    Yes numbers is going down, I think the main reason is lack of incentive. Some suggestions, all have been proposed before.

Nah, that just draws in loot junkies from PVE who are most likely to Pvdoor in dolmenesque zergs.

True PVP players will play a good game with no rewards at all. AvA needs more players like that.

The game just needs to work better.
    Edited by zyk on December 23, 2018 9:29AM
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

Nah, that just draws in loot junkies from PVE who are most likely to Pvdoor in dolmenesque zergs.

True PVP players will play a good game with no rewards at all. AvA needs more players like that.

The game just needs to work better.

So were do you think pvp players come from? People have to have a reason to try it out.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pepole eventually grew brain and backed off knowing that after 4 years of lag, nothing is ever going to change.
    From ZOS's point of view seems like they really want cyrodill to die, slowly but surely - Pepole notice that aswell, For ZOS it doesnt matter if Cyrodill will be populated or not, there are plenty of pve players willing to spend crowns unconditionally.

Oh ya, i forgot to mention, AD is winning the campaign by being total losers and playing 24 men raid while there are like 10 total players in both other factions to resist, this is happening for so long that playing my main makes me feel guilty. - Again, ZOS did nothing to prevent this type of a thing for so long now, this state can draw away many casual players aswell.
    Edited by amir412 on December 25, 2018 8:47AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck to those PvE players that spend money to do a dlc that can completed in 1 week or less and endless repeating and boring daily quests. PvP is always rewarding.
    Edited by gepe87 on December 23, 2018 10:50AM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont mind rewards but i seriously care about the bad game performance in cyrodill
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What do you expect when one alliance always wins? The lag on PC EU is also terrible, and when the game lags you can be certain the #s always win.

ZOS won't nerf ball groups so expect the trend to continue. #s always win, so no point in logging into PvP when that's the case and you are on the 1-bar alliance vs. a locked one. Scroll bonuses make Alliance PvP on a lower population alliance even worse, and the constant nerfing has made ultra-defensive balls even better than before, esp. balls of stam wardens with purify and rapids slaves.

I expect less and less players to play Alliance War unless something is actually done to make PvDoor and zerging punishable. I'm all for a siege weapon that gets stronger the more people you hit and does oblivion damage. Yeah, I'm definitely for that!

• Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ok
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been a few new guilds pop up but only with new low cp players. Its nice to see, but i agree with op.
    A whole bunch of people i used to play with have left the game.
    Not because of boredom but because of frustration, the lag in my opinion is the worst offender.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Good luck to those PvE players that spend money to do a dlc that can completed in 1 week or less and endless repeating and boring daily quests. PvP is always rewarding.

1 week or less? I did the whole of Murkmire in 2 days, luckily they gave that one away for free.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We've been proposing "incentives" or changes for a long time now, there are a myriad of posts about them going back 3 or 4 years.... Some epic ones too...But it falls on deaf ears.... And now its dying a slow painful agonizing death... Such a shame.
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭

We've been proposing "incentives" or changes for a long time now, there are a myriad of posts about them going back 3 or 4 years.... Some epic ones too...But it falls on deaf ears.... And now its dying a slow painful agonizing death... Such a shame.

Yeah..true. Somebody explained it very nicely... Cyro doesn't need more players, it needs more PvPers. We need incentives to PvP - better fights (balance!), less lag, skins, titles, mounts, etc that you can only equipt in Cyrodiil - that way we keep away the RPers (because they would jump into the role of the victim and cry that they get farmed in Cyro while they are doing quests - mimimi).
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't been to cyro for weeks. Used to be every day.. :-(
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Aki-Ral
    Aki-Ral
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't played in a few months, sounds like I'm not missing much atm.
    Sadly most of the old pvp player base left a long time ago.
    EU - PC
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean. pvp is ***. What a coincidence?
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD IS THE BEST.
    AD HAS MOST ELITE PVP GUILD.
    COME JOIN AD !!!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP population decreased heavily on both PC servers not long after Murkmire. It would be difficult to say if it has to do with changes in that patch (mostly meaning scoring) or the end of year type of stuff.

Regardless, PvP population has been noticeably lower year on year for awhile now.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VinayExile wrote: »
    havent seen this go faster in any MMO then in ESO, and ive played quite some in a competitive way to know what im seeing.

EU vivec has no guilds left not even semi hardcore guilds that raid on a regular basis.

What is left now is random people asking for groups in chat but besides the casual alliance wide zerg that goes around taking keeps there is nothing, so they get bored and leave leaving us with 1 bar populations before 23:00 ( this might be off because of timezones but still. ) even in weekends, and last year may even at 3-4 am there was 2-3 bars and lots of people and a year before that Azura star days was always pop locked!

I have been in almost 7 pvp guilds now of wich 2 were hardcore, and all of these guilds quit, or stopped playing the game alltogether because of the preformance problems or no incentive to play pvp, it is like after 5 years this game is still in beta release with some weird patches glued together that 9 out of 10 times brings more broken stuff to the game.

After 5 years i myself am calling very close to quits, theres no one left to fight?
    Just saying this to try and see why or what is going on, but its definitly happening in EU servers and faster it seems, since there is so little people left more leave montly it seems.

I got 99 megabytes and this patch is one.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD IS THE BEST.
    AD HAS MOST ELITE PVP GUILD.
    COME JOIN AD !!!

Yeah Join yellows in the morning and PvD the arse off PC EU Vivec......
    Edited by AllPlayAndNoWork on December 26, 2018 3:10PM
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    within 5 min: 2 min game,3 min loading and on top you get a blue screen

in PS4 EU all you see is AD wardens/templars groups who dominate the map even at non peek hours,
    zos killed everything else
    when these AD groups have nothing else to do they just log on to another alliance toon to make server pop look balanced

now there is an almost 20000 point difference between them and the 2 others so ep and dc almost quit playing

balance my a@@
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Na too, many lag!
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vinay, EU miss greatly teams like zerg squad. I am a pug, but I have some ideas as to why the population is decreasing so much;

First of all the point system. Most pugs play because they want to win. The better you are the less interesting the campaign becomes, it seems, but for your average Joe, playing in a campaign to win is the main reason to play it. Hence most pugs joins ad morning zerg on vivec, or ep morning zerg on sotha. After a while doing pve it becomes boring and the win feels shallow:

Then the pugs go further and try to play during prime time. The situation today is, prime time is not really dominated by big zergs, but by a lot of smallish resource farm teams desperately avoiding each other,. Their only interest is farming the pugs who play prime time. It becomes quite frustrating for pugs to play primetime because of this. Theres no way they can win these fights, and those who can, prefer not to engage.

Then theres the current HA cc meta, leading to fight consisting of turtles snailing around until ulti is up. Forementioned group relies on this. Snail along inside a resource tower until ulti, then turn and snailslam ulti. Pugs die. Fights arent dynamic. Movements are sluggish. Anything outside full HA and max health will punish the average player a lot.

Pugs are the core of Cyrodiil. The moment they (we) dont find cyrodiil fun, its game over. Theres many to blame, morning zergs, turtle groups, but not old style PBAoE groups like ZS, because they roflstomped zergs when they were on, and they made tuna in tincan out of the tower farmers.

Then theres faction swapping. Its bad. Really bad, and very very noticeable. You can now more or less time schedule when its going to happen. Suddenly two factions go down to one or two bars, and the third faction get a poplock. Wheres the faction pride? Pugs WILL have that when they enter, but they soon, very soon lean its stupid, so they will also do the same thing. And which pug will want to fight a poplocked alliance on 1-2 bars?

Players will not solve this. Theres people like Saras who dont give a rats ass about the health of the campaign, as long as HE wins. Theres that tower farm group on dc side which always shows up when ep is trying to dethrone ad emp and sandviches the ep.

All in all this has lead to cyrodiil dieing, but not suddenly. The evidence has been there for a very long time, less and less pugs joined in, but the early morning zergs and the tower hamsters efused to see the problem. Well, now you dont have anyone to fight.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is say it’s faction stacking. No matter if your group is 8, 12, 16, etc there is only so much you can do vs a faction stack. The game is about numbers now more than ever.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not really. people where pvping for less in the past. it's the PvP itself that people really care about far more than the rewards.
    Biggest problem is what ZoS has done to the classes, turning zergs into gods and gutting small scale. All of these things drive people away as the game becomes less fun.

EDIT: seriously. if ZOS rolled back to pre-morrowind. they'd never have to give me another reward again, and i'd be happy.
    Edited by Lucky28 on December 26, 2018 1:08AM
    Invictus
  • KaraBela94
    KaraBela94
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perfomance suxxx and the Players are just cringy.

E.g. U need to press a Skill button like a thousand Times so it comes out after 2-3 Sec and....

AAAAND
    PvDoor Guilds who run over you and start T-Bagging you in Xvs1.

Yeah Cyrodiil is really fun these days :)
    Yasin Pascha - Stamina DK - DC
    Eroglu Yasin - Stamina Warden - DC
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaraBela94 wrote: »
    Perfomance suxxx and the Players are just cringy.

E.g. U need to press a Skill button like a thousand Times so it comes out after 2-3 Sec and....

AAAAND
    PvDoor Guilds who run over you and start T-Bagging you in Xvs1.

Yeah Cyrodiil is really fun these days :)

Are you really saying that? lel
    Edited by amir412 on December 26, 2018 10:55AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."