The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP in EU server dying very fast

• Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hexys said that Zo$ doesn't care about cyro and quit the rep program so you know... get the hint and find a new game.
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jurand80 wrote: »
    Hexys said that Zo$ doesn't care about cyro and quit the rep program so you know... get the hint and find a new game.

It's just such a shame... Eso had a huge potential.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jurand80 wrote: »

Oof
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD IS THE BEST.
    AD HAS MOST ELITE PVP GUILD.
    COME JOIN AD !!!

Yeah Join yellows in the morning and PvD the arse off PC EU Vivec......

Meanwhile EP is busy PvD'ing sotha sil
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD IS THE BEST.
    COME JOIN AD !!!

Who cares at this point...
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teso had so much potential :/

Such a shame
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rin_Senya wrote: »
    AD IS THE BEST.
    COME JOIN AD !!!

Who cares at this point...

I'm not even complaining, quite the opposite, I love the odds as a DC player. Though after the speed nerfs my stamDk started to have real issues in no-cp solo PvP. (not the case in vivec cause odds are more fair+CP makes mistakes more forgiving) At least battlegrounds are still fun.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 29, 2018 3:56PM
  • SubversusReformed
    SubversusReformed
    ✭✭✭
    You think eso pvp is dying fast? You haven’t played swtor in 2.0 when they removed ranked 8v8 arenas and 90% of the game’s competitive population quit overnight lol.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think eso pvp is dying fast? You haven’t played swtor in 2.0 when they removed ranked 8v8 arenas and 90% of the game’s competitive population quit overnight lol.

You think 90% of the competitive eso population hasn't quit? To me it seems they left years ago, and eso just has more casuals.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad i bailed out when i did.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things that kill pvp:

-Casual friendly
    -Overpowered skills
    -Overpowered Light Attacks
    -Lag
    -Lag
    -Lag
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't need any rewards or new incentives to win.
    I rather lose amazing fights, than win boring ones.
    Cyrodiil, as it, just fails to bring that excitement in my opinion, but I'd also be unable to think of any possible solution to fix it.
    It would probably be the best, if they left Cyrodiil as it is, and made a new, way smaller pvp zone, with several instance and disabled Alliance Allegiation.
    Something like an outlaw zone, with actual guildfights, where you can decide yourself who is your friend and who not
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Glad i bailed out when i did.

PvP died because you quit :'(
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Sirvandal
    Sirvandal
    ✭✭✭
    VinayExile wrote: »
    havent seen this go faster in any MMO then in ESO, and ive played quite some in a competitive way to know what im seeing.

EU vivec has no guilds left not even semi hardcore guilds that raid on a regular basis.

What is left now is random people asking for groups in chat but besides the casual alliance wide zerg that goes around taking keeps there is nothing, so they get bored and leave leaving us with 1 bar populations before 23:00 ( this might be off because of timezones but still. ) even in weekends, and last year may even at 3-4 am there was 2-3 bars and lots of people and a year before that Azura star days was always pop locked!

I have been in almost 7 pvp guilds now of wich 2 were hardcore, and all of these guilds quit, or stopped playing the game alltogether because of the preformance problems or no incentive to play pvp, it is like after 5 years this game is still in beta release with some weird patches glued together that 9 out of 10 times brings more broken stuff to the game.

After 5 years i myself am calling very close to quits, theres no one left to fight?
    Just saying this to try and see why or what is going on, but its definitly happening in EU servers and faster it seems, since there is so little people left more leave montly it seems.

Can I have your gold?
    Edited by Sirvandal on January 5, 2019 12:24PM
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The persistent low performance and the HA meta drove me away.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know this thread is for the EU server but I play on the NA server and just wanted to make a suggestion. About a month ago I got frustrated like everyone is saying in this thread with the lag and extremely to large of zergs in Vivec NA campaign. I decided to give Shor a try and it was amazing. Sure when all three factions are at one bar you have to actually find the fights but when you do they are great. The skill level across all three factions is pretty even. And, when all three factions are at 2 bars there are plenty of fights to be had.

I find the best performance is when all three factions are at two bars. All your abilities still work and there are enough people on to make good large scale fights. My suggestion would be to cap the populations at what is currently 2 bars.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the fix is better rewards. Or if it is, should not just be AP based. It just creates zergs as it's the easiest (and not much slower) and safest way to earn it.

I played PvP because I enjoyed it. The rewards were bonuses. But PvP has got less and less fun every single patch. This current meta is the worst ever. The speed changes forsced everyone into a tank mentality. I don't know why ZOS thought it was a good idea.

So what if people run away from fights? It's annoying, sure, but you then just focus someone else. But not everyone is at 30k resists and 30k health and it's super super boring. You can't even focus down bad players be aus they're so tanky you can barely burst them down, allowing someone else to heal them. PvP is so boring right now. Run around a corner, coordinate ultis. That's PvP in this right now over and over.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    within 5 min: 2 min game,3 min loading and on top you get a blue screen

in PS4 EU all you see is AD wardens/templars groups who dominate the map even at non peek hours,
    zos killed everything else
    when these AD groups have nothing else to do they just log on to another alliance toon to make server pop look balanced

now there is an almost 20000 point difference between them and the 2 others so ep and dc almost quit playing

And in shor it's EP doing the same thing

This is why they need to do one of two things

1 lower the pop cap on all campaigns and push more players into the other campaigns

2 merge NA/EU servers for AvA yes I get some latency issues may ensue but at least it can stop the night capping as essentially NA night is EU evening /afternoon
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slack wrote: »
    I really don't need any rewards or new incentives to win.
    I rather lose amazing fights, than win boring ones.
    Cyrodiil, as it, just fails to bring that excitement in my opinion, but I'd also be unable to think of any possible solution to fix it.
    It would probably be the best, if they left Cyrodiil as it is, and made a new, way smaller pvp zone, with several instance and disabled Alliance Allegiation.
    Something like an outlaw zone, with actual guildfights, where you can decide yourself who is your friend and who not

Yeah ...I kind off agree ...

I've seen my group fight on the field between sej and BRK or Nikal and Ash and although outnumber we have managed to keep holding them back sometimes they get in to the outpost but we always manage to regroups and take it back it's fun it's exciting and challenging ... But then suddenly the group moves to go pvpdoor

The problem is only the ownership of keeps and resources are worth points and killing players repeatedly has dwindling AP returns so in order to win the campaign you have to abondpn the fun fights to pvpdoor to take something, especially when the enemy outnumbers you and while your fighting one ball group the other is zerging the map

Points system needs a rework instead of giving points to how many keeps you own or how many scrolls you own every hour

It's hsould only calculate the number which have changed and which have stayed , I get this may have a pvpdoor increase but add in a multiplier for the numbers of enemy players and we can bring points to fights

Resurecting at a new keep adds a deserter debuffs to your score meaning you have to wait for a camp or a resurrection for the points if you leave the fight even when dead you lose both ap and score for the campaign

Most importantly something needs to change so that fights are the things that give you rewards not the stuff that can be gotten by night capping and pvpdooring

#makefightsworthit
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »
    LarsS wrote: »
    Yes numbers is going down, I think the main reason is lack of incentive. Some suggestions, all have been proposed before.
    1. Pop dependent campaign ticks
    2. Much better campaign rewards

Nah, that just draws in loot junkies from PVE who are most likely to Pvdoor in dolmenesque zergs.

True PVP players will play a good game with no rewards at all. AvA needs more players like that.

The game just needs to work better.

So were do you think pvp players come from? People have to have a reason to try it out.

For me the biggest reward is fun I have while playing PvP. But with performance like we have now and Spin2winDancingQueens everywhere there is just frustration... and yes population of AD and EP drops to 3 bars far before midnight since few months, only DC keeps the poplock till late night hours (and this is the reason why they started to win).
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Zurigorria
    Zurigorria
    ✭✭
    AD IS THE BEST.
    COME JOIN AD !!!

AD has morning cap, when you have the numbers,tha´t not beign the best. During the day with even numbers, DC rules. All you have are zergs and two or three cancer dudes leading and all of you following...and you know it.
  • steven22
    steven22
    ✭✭✭
    Zurigorria wrote: »
    AD IS THE BEST.
    COME JOIN AD !!!

AD has morning cap, when you have the numbers,tha´t not beign the best. During the day with even numbers, DC rules. All you have are zergs and two or three cancer dudes leading and all of you following...and you know it.

You are right. DC ist just pure Skill without zergs . Never , ever.
    Main - Char : Dandriil - Tamriel Hero, Explorer, Stormproof,Overlord

Nightblade since Beta , ESO Plus , PC EU

Proud Magicka Nightblade
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly cant pinpoint the exact reason but like Summerset (before and after) times were one of the better Cyrodiils in recent years and Murkmire Cyro is one of worst in recent years. I remember new years eve year ago was pop locked with fair large scale (mostly unorganized) fights on Vivec. This year was 1-2 bars with very low activity.

Also (and I can see how this comment would just attract hate and laughter), recent overwhelming increase in organization on DC side (on vivec) makes unorganized large scale greatly unfun and unaccomplishing. Personally I put that as one of the reasons 'casual' people are losing any interest in playing in Cyro during prime time (or at all). On top of the constant horrible performance and recent changes that killed interesting ticks and allowed very few individuals to basically kill large movement over the map by making gates/bridges so easily destroyable (and kept destroyed).

You all may have different reasons for why you stopped playing be it lack of endgame pvp guilds or death of 1vX. The Cyro PVP will only die when it stops being fun to play casually. That is happening now more than in any other patch since Morrowind.
    Edited by SodanTok on January 7, 2019 8:17PM
  • Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. is this game really dead? Drunk and seeking revenge...still worth it for some 1vx? Gosh this was an awesome game, missing it :( thanks to all friends and enemys
    Edited by Fasold666 on January 8, 2019 1:31AM
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fasold666 wrote: »
    Hmm. is this game really dead? Drunk and seeking revenge...still worth it for some 1vx? Gosh this was an awesome game, missing it :( thanks to all friends and enemys

Ma boi fasold, don't come back. The situation is drastic, even more than when you were playing. Server performance is awful, at least between 19 and 24 the game is unplayable in vivec, 1vXing is, as you probably imagine, every patch harder, and zos most likely has 0 plans to improve this. Moreover, heavy armor bleed builds and 40k health pugs still dominate the meta, zergs are always the same tryhards, and people are still toxic af. Nothing has changed for the better.
  • CaptainInfested
    amir412 wrote: »
    AD is winning the campaign by being total losers and playing 24 men raid while there are like 10 total players in both other factions to resist, this is happening for so long that playing my main makes me feel guilty. - Again, ZOS did nothing to prevent this type of a thing for so long now, this state can draw away many casual players aswell.

This. I am new to Cyro, but starting to notice this trend. There has to be some kind of a debuff for a dominant faction.
  • puenktchen8
    So in what faction would you actually find something that could be called a pvp player population on PC-EU?
    Edited by puenktchen8 on January 20, 2019 2:53PM
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this why eu players are on na trolling the bridge? :|
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil was pointless to begin with. Nothing but a waste of good potions. There was never an incentive other than war horn/vigor to be there.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was utterly terrible for the last year, 2017, I stuck with the game. If it's continued downhill, which is the only thing I hear, then I can't imagine how god awful it is playing a game where the developers care not for your playstyle and 99% of like-minded players have already given up and moved on.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall