The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Steel Tornado.

Jakx
Jakx
✭✭✭✭✭
Death Recap.

Steel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel TornadoSteel Tornado

I think I made my point. All the nerf threads and this plague in the game continues. I said it once before... tell me more about an AOE ability with a built in execute mechanic that isnt dodgeable. Do you know why magwarden rose up? It was in the response to the OP stam meta that we currently have and spin-to-win heroes. I'm completely on board with magden having access to too many easy things like major protection and awful slows but just remember it was born from necessity because of OP stam meta. I'm all for having a discussion about immobilize effects but everyone seems to conveniently forget the flip side of how strong stam specs are at the moment.

Just keep spinning.

Joined September 2013
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't see spin to win in my recap that often and even when I do its almost never the killing blow. I see way more DBs and Lethal Arrow spam than anything else, even Incap shows up more often from my experience.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steel tornado spammers are not the reason why magwarden became more popular.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got so sick of this meta I finally, for the first time, said *** it and threw together a 7th legion + bone pirate build, slotted spin to win and permafrost and proceeded to just destroy BGs. I mean it’s comical. Major protection, AOE snare, stun, AOE execute GG. And it could easily get more powerful if I wanted to min/max stuff. It’s just stupid how well you can do by spamming one skill and using one ult. Watching people do their best to “just block it” or streak away while their health gets shredded and then they get stunned and finished. Oh and by the way my permafrost is nearly back to fully charged after a kill run if I pop crystal shields first. And if not that I swap to backbar and unleash a DBoS which will definitely be charged.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 17, 2018 7:28AM
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hold block. Run evasion. Keep your HP bar above half.
    PCNA

• Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »

Loooooool. Thanks for the advice
    Joined September 2013
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry that your in-built instinct "low health -> I should dodge to became invincible for the next 2 seconds" has a counter.

Btw, Steel Tornado has base cost of 3780. Builds that are able to spam it will hit like wet noodles and the ones that will hurt can do 3-5 tornados in a row before they are completely out.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    I'm sorry that your in-built instinct "low health -> I should dodge to became invincible for the next 2 seconds" has a counter.

Btw, Steel Tornado has base cost of 3780. Builds that are able to spam it will hit like wet noodles and the ones that will hurt can do 3-5 tornados in a row before they are completely out.

Yes but it still needs a minor cost increase, it is far too efficient in single target application. As it stands, most players don't even slot Bloodthirst/Rapid and rarely have to use any single-target spammable because they can just DBoS+Spin all the things. Lame potato playstyle that should be more expensive to utilize IMO.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Yes but it still needs a minor cost increase, it is far too efficient in single target application. As it stands, most players don't even slot Bloodthirst/Rapid and rarely have to use any single-target spammable because they can just DBoS+Spin all the things. Lame potato playstyle that should be more expensive to utilize IMO.

It's effective against one specific type of opponent - rolly-polly-into-cloak stamblade. It's just a coincedance they alos happen to be the biggest whiners and have to nerf every undodgeable skill that counters them.
  • pshift
    pshift
    ✭✭✭
    Oh look, another "I can't figure out how to counter this specific PvP move so it should be nerfed" thread
  • Syhae
    Syhae
    ✭✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »

Loooooool. Thanks for the advice

Sometimes people dont think it be like it is but it do
    @Syhae
    Lil Fruitsnack - DC Stamina Templar
    Syhae - EP Stamina Warden
    Syh-Ko - EP Stamina Nightblade
    ANIMOSITY
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's effective against one specific type of opponent - rolly-polly-into-cloak stamblade. It's just a coincedance they alos happen to be the biggest whiners and have to nerf every undodgeable skill that counters them.

You aren't wrong my man, but it's effective enough against all types of opponents that you generally don't need a true single target spammable. Therefore it's badly designed and needs adjustment.

Idk why people defend the state of this skill, it's a dumb potato skill that should take a back seat to single target skills.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, it's pretty common for Stam setups in BGs to stack bleeds, Dawnbreaker, and immediately start spinning. There are a lot of really high damage Stamina players that don't use any spammable in Battlegrounds, unless you count Steel Tornado as a spammable, because it simply isn't needed.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You aren't wrong my man, but it's effective enough against all types of opponents that you generally don't need a true single target spammable. Therefore it's badly designed and needs adjustment.

Idk why people defend the state of this skill, it's a dumb potato skill that should take a back seat to single target skills.

I really can't call a skill with 3780 stamina cost a "spammable". It is usually used on builds that run with no spammable at all and just use heavy attacks. And it's not even that strong, there are much stronger executes in the game. The big thing about steelnado is that it is undodgeable and no single target skill is (RIP birds). Give wardens undodgeable birds back and you will see a decline in Tornado usage.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love Steel Tornado, especially the part there I get 15% more dmg from the dual wield passive when I get hit by it during a dodge roll because a dodge roll applies the silence status on yourself LUL
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Steel Tornado, especially the part there I get 15% more dmg from the dual wield passive when I get hit by it during a dodge roll because a dodge roll applies the silence status on yourself LUL

Why did you try roll-dodging steel tornado?

*sees signature*

Ah, that's why. Thanks for proving my point for me.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why did you try roll-dodging steel tornado?

*sees signature*

Ah, that's why. Thanks for proving my point for me.

Yeah, why would anyone ever use a roll dodge when being surrounded by opponents...
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An AOE... EXECUTE(plus DW passives)... undodgeable. Take your pick on why that shouldn't be so. Its a general rule in any MMO that execute abilities aren't aoe's. How backwards is it that an AOE ability is being used as a spammable in a single target fight in the first place... then throw in the rest.. execute.. undodgeable.. it starts to become too much.

Stack Bleeds, spin in circles, while your proc sets play for you.

Explain why 95% of the pvp base is running around as a Stamina setup then comeback to original point. The meta has swung way too far towards Stam and this is a culprit.
    Joined September 2013
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An AOE... EXECUTE(plus DW passives)... undodgeable. Take your pick on why that shouldn't be so. Its a general rule in any MMO that execute abilities aren't aoe's. How backwards is it that an AOE ability is being used as a spammable in a single target fight in the first place... then throw in the rest.. execute.. undodgeable.. it starts to become too much.

Explain why 95% of the pvp base is running around as a Stamina setup then comeback to original point. The meta has swung way too far towards Stam and this is a culprit.

We've already been through this, let me quote myself

"Mage's Fury and Mage's Wrath are both AoE too. And this leaves us with half of active executes - Reverse Slice, Steel Tornado and Mage's Fury being an AoE and the other half - Assassin's Blade, Radiant Destruction and Feral Guardian being single target."
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Mage's Fury and Mage's Wrath are both AoE too. And this leaves us with half of active executes - Reverse Slice, Steel Tornado and Mage's Fury being an AoE and the other half - Assassin's Blade, Radiant Destruction and Feral Guardian being single target."

Actually the damage in all those AOE cases is diminished against other targets around the execute target. I guess you conveniently will leave that out while Steel Tornado does full damage to every target. Those abilities besides maybeeeeee reverse slice arent the main spammable in someones rotation either lol. So thats a pretty easy argument to poke a hole in as I just did. Next.

Edited by Jakx on December 17, 2018 5:54PM
    Joined September 2013
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually the damage in all those AOE cases is diminished against other targets around the execute target. I guess you conveniently will leave that out while Steel Tornado does full damage to every target. Those abilities besides maybeeeeee reverse slice arent the main spammable in someones rotation either lol. So thats a pretty easy argument to poke a hole in as I just did. Next.

Back at you. I thought it was common knowledge that Mages Fury spamming kill-stealing sorcs are the second most cancerous set up in BGs after perma-snare mag(annoy)dens.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO at people defending steel tornado. 1) it does a *** ton of damage 2) it’s an AOE execute which benefits not only from the tooltip increase but also from the passive increase up to 120% more damage 3) is blockable, but good luck to you anyway if you try and stand still to block, not to mention the wasted stamina 4) is absolutely spammable, which makes blocking a no go because you will run out of stamina. Everyone always talks about such skills as if it’s the only type of incoming damage, same thing with sloads. 7th legion and bone pirate with no recovery glyphs and warrior mundus can spam ST, mostly because your target is likely to die before you run out of Stam. I built a spin to win warden for kicks because of sick of getting wrecked by them. The amount of damage you can do by hitting two buttons is moronic.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 17, 2018 6:06PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow thanks for advice looks like all people have been doing it wrong but now I'll be immortal in PvP thanks to You. Will that brilliant method work also if I'll keep my HP bar at 100% always because I wont be leaving base teritory ?

Edited by Juhasow on December 17, 2018 6:58PM
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve never died to steel tornado.
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

Last time I've heard this, it came from person that never planted foot in Cyrodiil or BGs.
    😃😃
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stigant wrote: »
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

Last time I've heard this, it came from person that never planted foot in Cyrodiil or BGs.
    😃😃
    Mages wrath always steals it from the tornado
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conduit0 wrote: »
    I honestly don't see spin to win in my recap that often and even when I do its almost never the killing blow. I see way more DBs and Lethal Arrow spam than anything else, even Incap shows up more often from my experience.

Eye of the Storm/Dawnbreaker/Ice Comet/Snipe/Steel Tornado is the way of the zerg, unfortunately.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's dumb. Anything that has a press button here win component should be removed. Hits to hard for uncounterable move. Same thing with Beamplar dumb beam thingy.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The apply and forget skill which brings you to execute range is more of an issue rather than this skill itself

I think the execute by itself is actually expensive to use
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on December 17, 2018 9:20PM
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just increase the cost after 1 use. It's like a dizziness debuff. Let's face it because of @ZOS_Wrobel we have class that will never see a viable nerf. Nightblades are straight up CANCER!
    Edited by Mintaka5 on December 17, 2018 9:23PM
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by DivineFirstYOLO on December 17, 2018 9:43PM
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU