The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

WHY is any decent mount LOCKED behind a GAMBLING wall??? I HATE GAMBLING what the hell???

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If all you need is a mount, you can get one with Gold.

If you choose to get a specific mount, then you have some hoops to jump through. Whether those hoops are worth it to you can only be determined by you.

This doesn't even address the actual OP at all.

How is this a representative of the community?

My base game mounts go plenty fast.

Honestly though, the cosmetics are there to rip people off. The current system is horrible, but people also went nuts when a mount was first sold for 4k crowns.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    It's all digital fluff. Something I have to remind myself of. None of these items are necessary to play and even enjoy the game. All mounts function the same - you don't need that gems-only sabre cat to go faster than everyone else. Sure, it looks cool, but it's not necessary.

Not trying to "rationalize" that most mounts are CS only or crates only, just that none of it is even remotely necessary. Why do they do it? Because players make a bigger deal out of this or that skin or mount than is rational.

There's already so much visual noise in this game, largely due to crates, and frankly, I would rather they had never been introduced for that reason alone, aside from the gambling aspect. But, a lot of players look forward to the next shiny - myself included - that they will keep producing new CS and crate content.

That said, there are a lot of collectibles we can get in game - costumes, skins, pets, even mounts. Aside from the basic 4 horses, there is also the Psijic horse from Summerfall (in addition to a pet and house) and the free guar pet we're getting this month. Not to mention the system they've set up to let us earn various Indrik mounts.

Plus, how many players have one or two free crate mounts in their collection due to all the free crates they used to give us?

The points in this reply were so salient that i had to address them twice... simply because so much of it is so obviously true. Yes, it's all digital fluff, as far as mount skins and cosmetics go. Look, every mmo and other such game out there has to find a non-p2w way to stay in business! it's not a novel concept that cant be understood by players!

Or not, if you don't think so, I mean, ZOS is gonna do whatever they want with the game.

And finally, to go ahead and contradict one part of this reply:

Even though some things aren't technically "necessary" to EVERYONE, to SOME if not a LOT of people, they sort of are.
    Quick example , every morning, we shower, shave, put on fresh clean clothes a freshly dry cleaned shirt, fresh and clean everything else, deodorant, cologne, then accessorize to match what the hell were wearing so we don't look haphazard or just plain bad, comb our hair brush our teeth, smile in the mirror and leave the house for work looking as professional and attractive as all get out.

All that stuff is not "necessary" at all! Could roll out of bed and go straight to work. Hell with a shower!

But.. for most people, that word "necessary" doesn't mean what you mean in your reply.

For most people, all those things fall under that "necessary" category because WHY look like and smell like and feel like garbage when you can do the OPPOSITE.

Necessity isn't the issue, per se!

Sry but cosmetic stuff JUST SHOULDNT be behind a STRICT gambling wall, PERIOD, unless you believe you should have to roll and roll and roll a bonus card to be able to take a shower before work tomorrow morning, because that shower is NECESSARY, or you will stink and be unattractive whether you want to call it necessary or not lol.

Oh wow. Apologies for my last comment. I didn’t realize how deep the obsession runs for some people.
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dammit OP, you don't get everything you want? What a world are we living in? :'(
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading the comments. Jesus Christ some people need to walk away. Like nothing necessary for progression in the game is behind a paywall. Some of you at obsessing over a mesh and texture for a horse...........
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    qbit wrote: »
    Reading the comments. Jesus Christ some people need to walk away. Like nothing necessary for progression in the game is behind a paywall. Some of you at obsessing over a mesh and texture for a horse...........

This is an MMO with very minimal content that has been around for 4 years. Cosmetics is pretty much the end-game.
    Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is an MMO with very minimal content that has been around for 4 years. Cosmetics is pretty much the end-game.

Well.. I’ve only played for six months. Apologies. Maybe move on to a new mmo. I’ll bookmark this comment to check my reality if I’m still playing in four years and upset about cosmetics.
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    nerfworthy wrote: »
    There are decent mounts you can get for just straight crowns and no gambling. If you want the specific one from the crate.. save up gems for it or deal without it if you don't want to buy crates.

Everything is a choice.

This. I do not buy crates and have a number of decent mounts. One was free (striped sench).

@idk The Striped Senche was not free, you paid 9 months straight to qualify. And when they had almost no real content in the game for a game out at its time.

I suppose someone can slice it however they want to. I paid to play the game and considering that there was no idea we would get a mount after 9 months get a mount, or anything other than the opportunity to play the game.

As for real content. Your statement is clearly a skewed and tainted narrative. Besides what the game was launched with we gained a large zone (technically one and a half the way it was released), two trials, the first arena, and two new dungeons with the last one being the best vet dungeon launched at the time. That is a pretty good track record for a first 9 months of any MMORPG.

I do not know what you call real content but it is clearly it is not grounded in anything reasonable. Itg was the period that came after that Zos ceased to release content for an extended period of team.

@idk

- ESO: April 4, 2014
    - Craglorn: (Group After Content, 1st Trial) 05.22.2014
    - Imperial City (PVP) 08.31.2015
    - Orsinium (1st Chapter Continuation) 11.02.2015
    - - Thieves Guild DLC: Maw of Lorkhaaj - PC/Mac 03.07.2016

• For the Striped Senche-Tiger mount, you must have at least 300 days of purchased subscription time as of 3/16/15.
    • The free 30 days or any compensatory time does not count toward the 90, 180, and 270 days of paid subscription time.

It took 1 year and nearly 5 months for the PVP zone they advertised and advocated for near launch to be a thing.
    It took 1 year 7 months for the first DLC that continued the story.
    2 years for the first content dlc that had 1 new trial to come out.

To play for 300 days from launch was a period that was extremely dry.

I want to remind you this was in the year 2014 that it released. There should have been far more content.
    Edited by Delsanab14_ESO on December 19, 2018 8:11AM
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are decent mounts you can get for just straight crowns and no gambling. If you want the specific one from the crate.. save up gems for it or deal without it if you don't want to buy crates.

Everything is a choice.

This. I do not buy crates and have a number of decent mounts. One was free (striped sench).

@idk The Striped Senche was not free, you paid 9 months straight to qualify. And when they had almost no real content in the game for a game out at its time.

I suppose someone can slice it however they want to. I paid to play the game and considering that there was no idea we would get a mount after 9 months get a mount, or anything other than the opportunity to play the game.

As for real content. Your statement is clearly a skewed and tainted narrative. Besides what the game was launched with we gained a large zone (technically one and a half the way it was released), two trials, the first arena, and two new dungeons with the last one being the best vet dungeon launched at the time. That is a pretty good track record for a first 9 months of any MMORPG.

I do not know what you call real content but it is clearly it is not grounded in anything reasonable. Itg was the period that came after that Zos ceased to release content for an extended period of team.

@idk

When you get this part right we can talk. As long as it is so very wrong you are only proving my point well, that your statement is not grounded, certainly not in reality.
    Edited by idk on December 19, 2018 8:13AM
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Well.. I’ve only played for six months. Apologies. Maybe move on to a new mmo. I’ll bookmark this comment to check my reality if I’m still playing in four years and upset about cosmetics.

You've already played for six months there is no doubt you've done things to change your appearance in some means. IT took less thn a month to actually consume the content that existed.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've already played for six months there is no doubt you've done things to change your appearance in some means. IT took less thn a month to actually consume the content that existed.

Yes I’ve bought with crowns from my subscription a few more outfits and a regular senche mount (I love cats). I don’t really like the flashy glowing ones and personally don’t see value in the apex or radiant apex mounts. This is where I don’t understand the obsession some people seem to have.

It’s like this ice skin. It’s hideous. I’ve sold every master writ from this event. Because the gold means more to me than a horrible skin I will never use. Yet, some people still obsess about grinding it despite the fact they may never use the skin. I don’t get what people are driving at. I don’t get the vehement posts about glowing flashy mounts. When I’m griding dolmens, I see a lot of mounts and my feeble mind cannot even distinguish between the expensive ones and the one I got for 200 gems or whatever. I don’t notice the mounts that people spent $1000 on gamble crates for.

The anger over it all doesn’t make any sense to me at all.
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Everything is a choice.

@idk

When you get this part right we can talk. As long as it is so very wrong you are only proving my point well, that your statement is not grounded, certainly not in reality.

This is literally from the wikia...

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:DLC#Thieves_Guild
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/975

Please stop trolling.
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes I’ve bought with crowns from my subscription a few more outfits and a regular senche mount (I love cats). I don’t really like the flashy glowing ones and personally don’t see value in the apex or radiant apex mounts. This is where I don’t understand the obsession some people seem to have.

It’s like this ice skin. It’s hideous. I’ve sold every master writ from this event. Because the gold means more to me than a horrible skin I will never use. Yet, some people still obsess about grinding it despite the fact they may never use the skin. I don’t get what people are driving at. I don’t get the vehement posts about glowing flashy mounts. When I’m griding dolmens, I see a lot of mounts and my feeble mind cannot even distinguish between the expensive ones and the one I got for 200 gems or whatever. I don’t notice the mounts that people spent $1000 on gamble crates for.

You wanted cosmetics, you paid for them, content that would usually in the older days have been found in the game, hell even WoW had lots buyable just for gold not real cash. You don't like some but there are nicer senches that have at times cme out in previous crates, you just haven't found or looked for what you might like the most.

And yes, it's a hideous skin for most, but it's NEW and doesn't require veteran content.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You wanted cosmetics, you paid for them, content that would usually in the older days have been found in the game, hell even WoW had lots buyable just for gold not real cash. You don't like some but there are nicer senches that have at times cme out in previous crates, you just haven't found or looked for what you might like the most.

And yes, it's a hideous skin for most, but it's NEW and doesn't require veteran content.

I get it. I’m just making a connection (as a relatively new player that doesn’t role play) that all the forum posts angry about RNG for charity writs and gamble crates are based in something that is ultimately cosmetic. Like I’m reading that people are literally losing sleep and a lot of real money over this stuff. My tone would change if this was gameplay-altering stuff. But these are cosmetics....

I agree that ZOS is taking advantage of people that care about cosmetics. Something about that mentality let’s then hook people versus someone solely focused on gameplay. They seem to take advantage of role players l, but what do I know about it.

Which is why I said initially the bigger issue is that people worry so much about cosmetics versus gameplay. It’s been referred to as the “end game”. People run out of content but love the game so they focus on cosmetics. I haven’t reached that point yet. I still haven’t done but maybe 30% of the content in the game. 🤷‍♂️
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it is an RPG but it's not just rpers interested in cosmetics. Zenimax uses gambling systems to addict people to it. It's a problem.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it’s obvious that they are taking advantage of people with gambling problems. I’m a libertarian and cannot ask it be regulated or reigned in as a matter of principle. Tough lessons through tough love. :(
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything is a choice.

@idk

Please stop trolling.

LOL. Trolling, LOL I will help you out with the real information.

5/22/14 - Craglorn, later known as Lower Craglorn, included 2 trials. Atherian Archive and Hel Ra.
    6/24/14 - Vet Crypt of Hearts dungeon. Now known as CoH II. First dungeon added post launch.
    8/8/14 - HM for both trials added to the game.
    9/15/14 - Upper Craglorn included Sanctum Ophidia Trial and DragonStar Arena.

That is basically what I stated before and shows how much you left out of the first 5 months of the game.

Glad I could help clarify your omissions so well. It does make that attempt to call me a troll look so funny. I suggest you practice up on your google efforts.

Edit: I forgot one.

8/14/2014 Vet City of Ash (now known as CoAII). Still the most challenging non DLC dungeon in the game though nerfed from it's earlier challenge.

Edit: Clarity for anyone that sees this after the fact. The person quoted previously stated only one trial was released with Craglorn 5/22/14 and nothing else until IC 8/31/2015 which clearly has some glaring omissions.
    Edited by idk on December 19, 2018 9:54AM
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the good collectibles in the game are either locked behind gambling mechanisms or the crown store. There are very few that can be acquired via gameplay and most of them are either low quality models or lower quality than their purchasable versions. A good example is the quality of the fabricant polymorph acquired from the vAS HM and compared to its crown store version.
    Also the tactic of making most collectibles accessible only from the store, deprives the game of some excellent content. Just imagine if the "Dragon Skeleton, Mid-Flight", a furnishing which was only purchasable via the crown store for ~4,500 crowns was part of an in game Fang Lair achievement where you could collect the skeleton bone by bone from the dungeon. How cool would that be?
    Edited by Ash_In_My_Sujamma on December 19, 2018 10:23AM
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From one side I agree that some people are too obsessed about those shiny mounts.

But do you know how awesome it feels, for example, to suddenly get Scarlet Regret senche from free crates (like I did) and use it instead of boring brown horse? It is much more pleasant to ride something that has better design and you start getting more satisfaction from the rest of the game too.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Everything is a choice.

@idk

• For the Striped Senche-Tiger mount, you must have at least 300 days of purchased subscription time as of 3/16/15.
    • The free 30 days or any compensatory time does not count toward the 90, 180, and 270 days of paid subscription time.

It took 1 year and nearly 5 months for the PVP zone they advertised and advocated for near launch to be a thing.

I want to remind you this was in the year 2014 that it released. There should have been far more content.

Wasn't a lot of that time the period they were attempting to get the console versions up and running?

How much could have been done if they *hadn't* decided to do the console versions?
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Everything is a choice.

@idk

Please stop trolling.

5/22/14 - Craglorn, later known as Lower Craglorn, included 2 trials. Atherian Archive and Hel Ra.
    6/24/14 - Vet Crypt of Hearts dungeon. Now known as CoH II. First dungeon added post launch.

That is basically what I stated before and shows how much you left out of the first 5 months of the game.

Glad I could help clarify your omissions so well. It does make that attempt to call me a troll look so funny. I suggest you practice up on your google efforts.

8/14/2014 Vet City of Ash (now known as CoAII). Still the most challenging non DLC dungeon in the game though nerfed from it's earlier challenge.

Edit: Clarity for anyone that sees this after the fact. The person quoted previously stated only one trial was released with Craglorn 5/22/14 and nothing else until IC 8/31/2015 which clearly has some glaring omissions.

You seem to have continued the trolling. Perhaps you should go back to what I said, it remains true and you've poorly avoided addressing it, also we're not talking about dungeons. You're just trying to have an argument based on semantics and avoiding the facts of the dry content for trials, story, and content.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

Everything is a choice.

@idk

Wasn't a lot of that time the period they were attempting to get the console versions up and running?

How much could have been done if they *hadn't* decided to do the console versions?

That was not relevant to the conversation. But yes, a lot of us left the game, Most did not come back.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything is a choice.

@idk

Please stop trolling.

You seem to have continued the trolling. Perhaps you should go back to what I said, it remains true and you've poorly avoided addressing it, also we're not talking about dungeons. You're just trying to have an argument based on semantics and avoiding the facts of the dry content for trials, story, and content.

LOL. I proved your facts so wrong and you still keep it up about the first 9 months of this game. You provide inaccurate information to support what you were saying. Provide inaccurate links to try to support the inaccurate information then call me a troll. That is funny. I guess it make sense a troll would call someone else a troll. I rest my case.
    Edited by idk on December 19, 2018 6:18PM
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Everything is a choice.

@idk

Please stop trolling.

LOL. I proved your facts so wrong and you still keep it up about the first 9 months of this game. You provide inaccurate information to support what you were saying. Provide inaccurate links to try to support the inaccurate information then call me a troll. That is funny. I guess it make sense a troll would call someone else a troll. I rest my case.

No, you proved nothing wrong, still haven't addressed the content of my post, added in context not related to the dialog, etc. And I didn't provide any inaccurate links they were literally the appropriate links. I'll wait to discuss something with someone else who isn't going to just distort reality.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything is a choice.

@idk

Please stop trolling.

No, you proved nothing wrong, still haven't addressed the content of my post, added in context not related to the dialog, etc. And I didn't provide any inaccurate links they were literally the appropriate links. I'll wait to discuss something with someone else who isn't going to just distort reality.

The content of your post was grossly inaccurate. False information. I will admit I did not read past the first part because it was so wrong. It does not make sense to read past such erroneous information since it is clear you either do not know what you are talking about or you are purposely being deceptive.

Everything is a choice.

@idk

^^^ Your post about what was released in the first year.

Everything is a choice.

@idk

Please stop trolling.

And what was actually released in the first year of the game.

In other words, 3 more trials and DSA plus 2 dungeons more than what you were claiming, then suggesting more should have been added. makes one go wonder what your point actually is.

Remember, you are discussing the senche mount.
    Edited by idk on December 19, 2018 6:42PM
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    My post was very specifically about the lack of real content which you responded to in a troll-like manner of dismissal, indicating the first trial continuation occurred 2 years later, the first story chapter continuation over a year and a half, the pvp component a year and nearly a half, etc etc.

Sorry, but you can never say "I didn't read past" and then say it was inaccurate. That's nonsensical. You have to read and inform yourself first before making claims.

Anyway, nothing I said I was inaccurate and so far you've been the least accurate person in this post given your constant need to add context that was not there. It is also clear you are horrible at discerning what people do, so don't say "It is clear" ever again.

I have decided to not respond to you after this, there's no real point.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...you would think that since I would put some money into your game I would get SOMETHING BACK OTHER THAN PISSED OFF!!!
    Bought into one season in a big frustrating way, got one mount with gems... do the math :/
    Best Crown Crate is a free Crown Crate!
    & YES there should be more ways to get them in-game.
    I guess I’m lucky that I can’t role play mentally. So I see this stuff for what it is.
    mostly I RP an Alchemist, no cosmetics necessary really ;)
    This is an MMO with very minimal content
    ummmmmmm.... No. seriously dude... 'Arc of War' is an MMO with minimal content
    & You may not Roll Alts or play the Housing End Game of never-ending spending, but some of us do
    >:)

{ Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    At launch and still to today the amount of content expected of a 2014 game or mmo in 2018 with 4 - 5 years on it is a lot more than what we have now.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At launch and still to today the amount of content expected of a 2014 game or mmo in 2018 with 4 - 5 years on it is a lot more than what we have now.

LOL. But your argument was about the senche mount. That was the entire reason you quoted and replied to me. I guess when it became clear how wrong you were that you changed it to the entire life of the game so far.

It makes sense to try to change the argument when it is clear you are wrong, to try to sound like you are right.

Again, that is 3 trials, 1 arena, 2 dungeons and really one good sized zone for 2014. Few games add that much in the first 9 months after release. I cannot think of a major MMORPG title that released more in their first 9 months. 9 months it the time frame you originally spoke of.
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing around 3 months and unexpectedly enjoyed doing up my home. With the anticipated sale I have been checking out what to buy on top of the storage chests and the 2 different butterfly furniture items, and I have been surprised about the amount of new content locked behind gems including two plants I really like. Somehow, without buying crates, I have accumulated 116 gems so I can get one plant and that is a bonus and I appreciate that. However to buy the other I am faced with having to buy crates. From my research I doubt I will get the 84 gems required with say 15 crates as I have not opened many and wont have many duplicate items to be awarded gems. How many crates I will need is anybody’s guess. I am in the dark.

To further reduce the attractiveness of crates is I have no interest in pets and mounts. I only have a small home and have no desire to accumulate these items because I cant see them when I go home and I dont like the thought of them being locked away on my collections page (Yes I can buy a bigger house but even the biggest will really only slightly improve the situation and I like my home anyway – I could put them in multiple houses but I train my pets well and they like each other and should be able to enjoy the company of each other).

So that 2nd plant is going to be an expensive proposition to purchase and despite my desire I have to be sensible and let it go. Let me buy them for crowns...I would be happy to.

From the person that will be spending 3000 crowns on butterflies!