Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pets and werewolves in bg

• mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Not even worth it to come out and fight on my Magicka NB when I get matchups like this.

There's too many pets that get in the way of the target I want and if I try to Cloak to get away, a lot of the time the pets still follow you (wolves especially).

Just stop playing mNB, I went to stamblade. I should've a long time ago but healing ward was the last straw.

you think stamblade is any better in bg's? they share alot of the weaknesses mNB do in that environment. curious your thoughts.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get_Packed wrote: »
    I play a magden so I can counter a petsorc pretty easiliy but i can see how a single target build would have issues with a petsorc.
    Recently I have noticed petsorcs that have gone back and made their charaters physically smaller and will hide inside the avatar of one their pets. First time I saw that I so confused that all the pets were attacking me and and couldnt even see the petsorc. I sent a deep fissure into a pet and this petsorc midget dodgerolls “out” of his pets avatar, i was totally unaware at the time that the petsorc was even there. I just kinda assumed the pets were doing typical pet things by being on the other side of the map as their conjurer.

it's a polymorph they are getting from shadowfen to make themselves into a small orc looking toon. and yes, coupled with pet zoo's, it's an advantage.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Sadly, due to matriarch being the only useful heal mag sorcs have we are forced into at least the one pet. I generally only run the matriach unless I am feeling a bit trolly.

We've played enough BGs together for you to know firsthand that non-pet Sorcs are entirely functional and can even dominate the match.

Zoo Sorcs are absolutely abusing the targeting system at the moment. I'm not sure what the ideal solution would be, but perhaps making an option in the game menu to disable targeting of pets might help. It would have to be toggleable, though, since some way wish to have the option (eg. to interrupt Engine Guardians).

To be honest I prefer a more group centric play style where I can heal others and matriach is the only option for this.

I do agree with pet zoos being an issue though i have never had an issue taking down a full pet sorc.

While I definitely ageee that sorc options are a bit limited, I still think you can get more utility out of the 2 bar spots a pet takes up. Resto ult + surge have been doing the trick for me heal wise(though it helps to have someone with vigor on your team)

Mutagen+transmutation+healing springs are pretty solid group support options too.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    I play a magden so I can counter a petsorc pretty easiliy but i can see how a single target build would have issues with a petsorc.
    Recently I have noticed petsorcs that have gone back and made their charaters physically smaller and will hide inside the avatar of one their pets. First time I saw that I so confused that all the pets were attacking me and and couldnt even see the petsorc. I sent a deep fissure into a pet and this petsorc midget dodgerolls “out” of his pets avatar, i was totally unaware at the time that the petsorc was even there. I just kinda assumed the pets were doing typical pet things by being on the other side of the map as their conjurer.

it's a polymorph they are getting from shadowfen to make themselves into a small orc looking toon. and yes, coupled with pet zoo's, it's an advantage.

Polymorphs are disabled in pvp though. At least in Cyrodiil. If it’s not disabled in BGs then that is a serious oversight.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I end up in a match like this that's so bad that I can barely target the opposing players, I just leave. Everyone else should too IMO. The way that soft targeting works in ESO is obviously the issue here, and could probably stand to change. If tab targeting was less of a suggestion and more of a permanent locked target, like in other MMOs, and would solve this issue pretty easily by allowing you to bypass their pets and directly attack them.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    mursie wrote: »

Polymorphs are disabled in pvp though. At least in Cyrodiil. If it’s not disabled in BGs then that is a serious oversight.

There’s at least one petsorc I know of on PS4 NA that uses the goblin gem in BGs. Said player is... pretty bad, TBH. The pets absolutely carry him/her, and he/she goes down fast when you manage to target him/her.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That needs to be reported. Nothing against that player, those are just the rules. Take a photo and block out the name.
    Edited by max_only on February 10, 2019 2:58AM
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That needs to be reported. Nothing against that player, those are just the rules. Take a photo and block out the name.

Tons of people do it. It’s absolutely not against the rules.

Disguises weren’t disables in cyrodil - they just bugged out and stopped working.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    In no target MMO pets are insane. ZOS should change that mechanic. U cant even hit the target u need and all wat ur enemy does is to stay in aoe and heavy atacks.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Disguises weren’t disables in cyrodil - they just bugged out and stopped working.

Just because you’ve been using it since 2017 doesn’t mean that it’s not an oversight.

@ZOS_GinaBruno are disguises disabled in pvp or not? Please be consistent in all modes.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disguises are not disabled in BGs.

I can wear my Servants Robes in BG, but not in Cyrodiil. Whether that’s intended or not is another story.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Just because you’ve been using it since 2017 doesn’t mean that it’s not an oversight.

@ZOS_GinaBruno are disguises disabled in pvp or not? Please be consistent in all modes.

I think all you need to do is look at the fact that polymorpha are enabled on both
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time I saw a pet sorc in vivec he tried this *** on me... I marked him with the right Joystick press charged in ignoring his pets and 2 shotted him(as a werewolf) , MA Procced and he got nuked lmao
    L2p issue nothing to see here guys.
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on February 16, 2019 7:51AM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    The last time I saw a pet sorc in vivec he tried this *** on me... I marked him with the right Joystick press charged in ignoring his pets and 2 shotted him(as a werewolf) , MA Procced and he got nuked lmao

if u kill some bad players it doesnot mean u can kill another sorc
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't know how to target a player camping mines and hiding behind pets that's a personal issue. I'm saying I never have issues there and think it's hilarious that people do.
    And compared to the other builds out there caughspin2winwardencaugh petsorc are easy to handle. And if I get my ass kicked by one he was simply better then me so I won't come to the forums crying how op some build is. Don't blame a build when you loose, there are a few builds out there that are somewhat questionable balance wise but petsorc is definitely not one of them...
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And no I don't play mag builds
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P

Agreed. This is 100% a L2P issue and people blaming it on a "overpowered" build when they get smacked by more experienced players....
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1-on-1. Try this in a Battleground, where you're fighting multiple people at once, having to fumble around tab targeting the owner in the middle of a good half dozen plus targets when you include the pets. God forbid multiple pet users on the opposing team(s).

Pet targeting should just be disabled. Would instantly solve this issue, with no downsides since nobody intentionally targets pets.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

1-on-1. Try this in a Battleground, where you're fighting multiple people at once, having to fumble around tab targeting the owner in the middle of a good half dozen plus targets when you include the pets. God forbid multiple pet users on the opposing team(s).

Pet targeting should just be disabled. Would instantly solve this issue, with no downsides since nobody intentionally targets pets.

I have. Yesterday.Twice(a legate and a prefect) I ignored their 3 pets(atro, the flying thingy, and the scamp) and 2 shotted them in those duells (stamsorc). Tab target him and aim your attacks activly... As i said l2p issue.
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on February 16, 2019 10:12AM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats you trying to winn a 1vs4 with no cp... Balancewise you shouldnt win this period.
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on February 16, 2019 10:10AM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats you trying to winn a 1vs4 with no cp... Balancewise you shouldnt win this period.

This
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have. Yesterday.Twice(a legate and a prefect) I ignored their 3 pets(atro, the flying thingy, and the scamp) and 2 shotted him(stamsorc). Tab target him and aim your attacks activly... As i said l2p issue.

How do you propose to tab target somebody when you have two pets constantly moving in the way, and potentially the person abusing that by moving around a ton causing the AI to move around at lightning speed? Add more pets into the mix, which generally happens in premades where people abuse it, and it only compounds the problem. Let me also mention that I tab target very frequently, too frequently perhaps, out of force of habit.

As I said earlier,
    In which case you fight the targeting system to tab-target the player, taking us right back to square one. Believe me, when you're having issues targeting players through a field of pets, tab-targeting wastes so much time, just trying to tab onto the player, let alone target them.

Rather than wasting time trying to tab target somebody, why not just remove pet targeting entirely and be done with it? As I said, it won't hurt anybody. I'm not trying to target the pets, most people aren't trying to target the pets, only the potatoes are. So remove the targeting.

Also, tab targeting is no where near a reliable solution, either. I've lost count of the amount of times I tried to leap somebody I had tab targeted, only to leap some random pet walking across the screen. Or that one time a week or so ago where I tab targeted somebody, he went off behind me to fight a team mate, I start focusing another dude, I leap, and my character turns around and leaps the guy I had targeted, even though he wasn't even on screen.

Suggesting tab targeting as a solution to pet builds is like suggesting roll dodge as a solution to Incap / Berserker Strike. Both actions are known to be extremely unreliable (in the case of roll dodge, there's clips of somebody being in the roll dodge animation, then being hit with BS).

So, no. Tab targeting is not a viable solution. It leads us right back to the original problem. We're having to fight the targeting system, to tab target somebody, to be able to target them with our attacks, which aren't even guaranteed to hit as tab targeting is janky as all hell. Fix the problem directly, remove pet targeting. Don't know why you're so against this.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Way to twist words dude. Never said I was trying to fight them alone, you're just reading into things.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭

Pet targeting should be a toggle which includes monster helms too.
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have. Yesterday.Twice(a legate and a prefect) I ignored their 3 pets(atro, the flying thingy, and the scamp) and 2 shotted him(stamsorc). Tab target him and aim your attacks activly... As i said l2p issue.

How do you propose to tab target somebody when you have two pets constantly moving in the way, and potentially the person abusing that by moving around a ton causing the AI to move around at lightning speed? Add more pets into the mix, which generally happens in premades where people abuse it, and it only compounds the problem. Let me also mention that I tab target very frequently, too frequently perhaps, out of force of habit.

As I said earlier,
    In which case you fight the targeting system to tab-target the player, taking us right back to square one. Believe me, when you're having issues targeting players through a field of pets, tab-targeting wastes so much time, just trying to tab onto the player, let alone target them.

Rather than wasting time trying to tab target somebody, why not just remove pet targeting entirely and be done with it? As I said, it won't hurt anybody. I'm not trying to target the pets, most people aren't trying to target the pets, only the potatoes are. So remove the targeting.

Also, tab targeting is no where near a reliable solution, either. I've lost count of the amount of times I tried to leap somebody I had tab targeted, only to leap some random pet walking across the screen. Or that one time a week or so ago where I tab targeted somebody, he went off behind me to fight a team mate, I start focusing another dude, I leap, and my character turns around and leaps the guy I had targeted, even though he wasn't even on screen.

Suggesting tab targeting as a solution to pet builds is like suggesting roll dodge as a solution to Incap / Berserker Strike. Both actions are known to be extremely unreliable (in the case of roll dodge, there's clips of somebody being in the roll dodge animation, then being hit with BS).

So, no. Tab targeting is not a viable solution. It leads us right back to the original problem. We're having to fight the targeting system, to tab target somebody, to be able to target them with our attacks, which aren't even guaranteed to hit as tab targeting is janky as all hell. Fix the problem directly, remove pet targeting. Don't know why you're so against this.

aim slightly above them I usually aim at the head works best for me(im a melee remember this)since most pets are shorter then their owner. Why? Cause that makes fighting them highly anoying. When im fighting someone with pets, using a aoe cc helps with the pressure for me alot. Lets take a aronarch for exaample. If i can cc him for 3 seconds every 7 seconds thats reducing from pets by alot. if he relies on that im basically shutting down his damage mostly without having to kill the pets. Its basically a aiming issue. I used to tank alot 1-5 yrs ago so i got pretty good at it , also playing a bowtard for the 1st yr helped since i had to pick out a target usually standing in a 20 man group(the weakest of course or some1 i really hate aaah 25k lethal arrow crits those were nice days :trollface: ) and keep track of him.
    So yeah i have loads of practise trying to tab target something surrounded by other targets. Your issue is having no pracise in tab targeting since you never had to. I had to very early so its a routine for me nowadays. Get better at tab targeting and youll find pet builds are not any harder to kill then other builds, usually easier since the pets are easy to shut down without killing them because they cant cc break for example or cant clense snares... If you make them immune to targeting they can do what they want and cant be shut down at all.
    Point is what you are suggesting would make Pet builds really really really strong if not overpowered... No thanks. Stamdens with crazy burst are tricky enough to deal with(but not tooo hard thou just tricky) not to mention cloakblades(aka "sh*tblades) who reset the fight 20 times Id rather not have something with 2 or 3 (practicly speaking) pretty strong dots i cant avoid geting hit with, cant avoid, cant clense or shut down with ccs.
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on February 16, 2019 10:43AM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to twist words dude. Never said I was trying to fight them alone, you're just reading into things.

Quote "where you're fighting multiple people at once"
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, what I said was "when you are fighting multiple people at once". Not soloing, not fighting alone, just you fighting multiple people. That could mean alone, or it could mean with other people. The statement is open like that for a reason, though I'm assuming you'd be fighting with other people.

You're reading into what I said, twisting it to fit your own narrative that I have no idea how to play, then throwing it back at me, only to be caught twisting my words.
    Edited by jcm2606 on February 16, 2019 10:36AM
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, what I said was "when you are fighting multiple people at once". Not soloing, not fighting alone, just you fighting multiple people. That could mean alone, or it could mean with other people. The statement is open like that for a reason, though I'm assuming you'd be fighting with other people.

You're reading into what I said, twisting it to fit your own narrative that I have no idea how to play, then throwing it back at me, only to be caught twisting my words.

If you are fighting a fair 4vs4 then you shouldnt have any problems anyway then :lol: And if they are 4 people with identical or similar builds they are probably a premade group where you and your pug group dont have a chance of beating anyway since they have superior coordination posssibilities. Listen bud dont blame me for how you phrase your sentences. Express yourself clearly next time. When someone tells me he is fighing multiple people at once it sounds like 1vsx ing attempts. And if you are in a premade group fighing another premade group they guess what??? Were simply better then you, crazy right? Out of thousands of players there are people who are better then you(or me)... But yeah lets go to the forums crying about how broken a playstyle you hardly ever see in Cyrodiil is......
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on February 16, 2019 10:57AM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As I said earlier,

aim slightly above them I usually aim at the head works best for me(im a melee remember this)since most pets are shorter then their owner. Why? Cause that makes fighting them highly anoying. When im fighting someone with pets, using a aoe cc helps with the pressure for me alot. Lets take a aronarch for exaample. If i can cc him for 3 seconds every 7 seconds thats reducing from pets by alot. if he relies on that im basically shutting down his damage mostly without having to kill the pets. Its basically a aiming issue. I used to tank alot 1-5 yrs ago so i got pretty good at it , also playing a bowtard for the 1st yr helped since i had to pick out a target usually standing in a 20 man group(the weakest of course or some1 i really hate aaah 25k lethal arrow crits those were nice days :trollface: ) and keep track of him.
    So yeah i have loads of practise trying to tab target something surrounded by other targets. Your issue is having no pracise in tab targeting since you never had to. I had to very early so its a routine for me nowadays. Get better at tab targeting and youll find pet builds are not any harder to kill then other builds, usually easier since the pets are easy to shut down without killing them because they cant cc break for example or cant clense snares... If you make them immune to targeting they can do what they want and cant be shut down at all.

Going back to what I said earlier in the thread, that's just extra work for something that shouldn't even be a problem to begin with, and it's wasting time fighting the targeting system, to target who you actually want to fight. It isn't actually fixing the problem, just working around it, poorly might I add, since, as I said, tab targeting isn't even guaranteed to work. Just need to look at how my leaps hit the wrong thing, no matter if I'm using tab targeting (target a guy, leap said guy, leap actually hits a random pet who walked across the screen) or not (tab target a guy, he walks behind me to go fight a team mate, I focus another guy, leap that guy, my character turns around and leaps the other guy I had targeted, even though he was off screen).

Rather than working around the problem, why not just directly address it by removing pet targeting? Or, at least, make it a toggle? Seriously have no idea why you're so against this. Average scenario, you won't be affected at all for various reasons. Best case scenario, it'll actually help you since you won't need to work around pet targeting anymore. Worst case scenario, it'll ruin your advantage if you use pets to intentionally screw with targeting... jk.

Also want to mention a few things,

"Somebody who has no practice in tab targeting since I never had to." BS. I play on 300 ping, with frequent ping spikes. I'm tab targeting literally everyone I fight, because it helps me keep track of who I'm fighting in case my internet decides to have a fit. Shouldn't just assume how people play, especially when they literally explained this in the very comment you replied to. (Hint, hint, read the comment in full before replying.)

I have no issue with the pets themselves. The regular pets are meh, don't really care. The atronach can be a piece of ***, especially as a magDK since that snare *** with me, but you can just move away from it, or stun it, as you said. Bear, meh. Werewolf pets, meh. Monster set pets, generally meh. What I have issue with is how pets can screw with targeting, making it hard to target the owner, especially if they're abusing that fact. And you can be damn sure they do abuse it, gone against a couple pet sorcs who literally move in and out of their atronach and 2-3 pets.

If you want to be able to target them, fine, make it a toggle. But as I said, I don't care about the pets themselves. It's more worth my time going after the owner. If they're just a regular pet user, just focus them, and they'll drop much quicker than their pets. If they're abusing the pets like I mentioned, I can draw them away and open them up for an attack on my own terms. Again, I don't care about the pets themselves, I care about how they mess with targeting.