The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Draining Shot

ATomiX96
ATomiX96
✭✭✭✭✭
Remove this skill, ranged (12m to 28m in murkmire because they needed a selling point for Blackrose Bow), does damage, cheap cost and has unavoidable cc knockback + stun?
Is this some kind of off season april fools?
I thought the agenda was making skills single purpose hence removing stun from crystal frags.

inb4 just roll dodge 4Head when you get chased by 10 people spamming draining shot
Edited by ATomiX96 on December 20, 2018 9:53AM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if 10 people are chasing you spamming Flame Reach?
  • SubversusReformed
    SubversusReformed
    ✭✭✭
    At least you can break flame reach ^
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can be dodged, blocked, reflected, gets called unavoidable..... lol

It doesnt have disorient either...

Has singular purpose of CCing target with petty damage not even close to anything like frag lol...

OP are you bad? or just mad?
    Edited by SodanTok on December 11, 2018 11:44AM
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Has singular purpose of CCing target with petty damage not even close to anything like frag lol...

the knockback part of it is not CC-breakable. And when lag hits it just gets exponentially worse.

Single purpose = only does 1 thing
    draining shot does:
    • Buggy ass CC
    • Meh damage
    • Draining shot specifically heals for an decent amount
    • with BRP bow puts a dot on you
    • guarantees the next snipe you queue to land

"no disorient"

Blast an enemy with an explosive arrow, dealing x Physical Damage, knocking them back 6 meters, and disorienting them for 1.5 seconds. After the disorient ends, you heal for y Health.

source: https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/draining-shot

Oh and its available on every class.

I mean in your signature you linked a Bow/Bow guide for PvE, so I cant take you serious anyways. just gtfo.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on December 11, 2018 12:17PM
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The issue isn’t how it’s able to be avoided. It’s the bugs behind the skill. When you’re hit with the cc, the animation is completely buggy resulting in you unable to cc break for 3-5 seconds, and if you’re near a hill and get hit by this ability you might as well just log off since you’re going to be in a cc for 5 seconds or longer.

Also the “just dodge, block, or slot wings” response is beginning to become a meme since it’s about as useful as someone telling me to slot purge.

Can’t dodge when a coward bow build is spamming it from 40 meters away and it’s completely unexpected. Sure you can dodge if it’s literally right in front of you in a 1v1 situation. But please, how many scenarios are you going to be in where you’re in a 1v1 with someone who uses this ability? Almost slim to none.

Every time me or one of my teammates are hit with this ability it’s from the back or the side completely unaware since all these bow builds are permanently in stealth.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »

the knockback part of it is not CC-breakable. And when lag hits it just gets exponentially worse.

draining shot does:
    • Buggy ass CC
    • Meh damage

"no disorient"

Blast an enemy with an explosive arrow, dealing x Physical Damage, knocking them back 6 meters, and disorienting them for 1.5 seconds. After the disorient ends, you heal for y Health.

I mean in your signature you linked a Bow/Bow guide for PvE, so I cant take you serious anyways. just gtfo.

Yeah listing info from some outdated website instead of knowing what it does in game sure helps your argument lol. Seems I cant take you serious and nor should anyone else :D
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure they'll adjust it with the release of the next DLC and the new BiS OP weapons it sells provides.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭

draining shot does:
    • Buggy ass CC
    • Meh damage

"no disorient"

Yeah listing info from some outdated website instead of knowing what it does in game sure helps your argument lol. Seems I cant take you serious and nor should anyone else :D

yeah the website is surely outdated, only maintainted by woeler and alcast smh.... they made this website like few months ago but ok.
    Forgot that PvE gods like you who get 60k vAA scores know every little detail and are almighty, my bad.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on December 11, 2018 12:42PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can break free from DrainingShot just as well as breaking free from FlameReach. People just need something to complain about.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

draining shot does:
    • Buggy ass CC
    • Meh damage

"no disorient"

Maybe if you took a look in game, you would delete this comment
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    The last part of OP's sig is the icing of his QQ cake, lolololo
    I care about your gaming "problems" and teenage anxieties, just not today.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is far too much whining going on about this skill.

This skill works like a CC should. It's no worse than Fear, Fossilize, Permafrost, Time Freeze, etc which are all more egregious IMO.

The projectile is often hard-countered, single traget, deals weak damage, AND the heal is conditional.

Dry your tears and put on your big boy pants and L2P.

• ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just proves that 99% of people in the forums are lfg zerglings, claiming it works as intended. and that 28 metres of range are fine. keep spamming lfg in zone chat and have a nice day. Sit in those zergs and hit the snipe and drain shot buttons like you mean it. Im personally done with this game and no you cant have my stuff.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on December 11, 2018 2:48PM
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get hit with it constantly with no follow attack or anything I'm pretty sure people do it just to be annoying.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remember when it's heal was dodgeable and the ranged causes nightblade kitties to lose their khajit-nipped minds?!

The ability was strong at 12m, but lets not kid that reducing its range back is going to magically stop zerglings from pressing the cc button 20 times with their buddies lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

What if 10 people are stealthed and spam you with lethal arrow?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get hit with it constantly with no follow attack or anything I'm pretty sure people do it just to be annoying.

:trollface:
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    You can break free from DrainingShot just as well as breaking free from FlameReach. People just need something to complain about.

We’ve reached a time where people defend broken/buggy skills
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

We’ve reached a time where people defend broken/buggy skills

Just code it like flame reach and have the heal proc when target is stunned
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »

What if 10 people are stealthed and spam you with lethal arrow?

For one, it means you're not playing on Aldmeri Dominion
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    The buggy break free needs to be fixed but it happens to a lot of skills so ZoS obviously has a break feee issue. Outside of that the skill is meh.

Crying about getting cc by the zerg makes no sense either. In fact it pisses me off when a teammate puts someone on CC DR at the wrong time and now I cant land burst so it could be beneficial. These players who get on here and act affronted that they get cc'd on CD during group play baffles me. It's pretty much a given unless you have hard counters to everything all your opponents are running. Why you don't account for this in your play style is your fault. Sure 1v1 you can counter a lot of cc but in group play you probably need to count on getting hit and plan around it. My bet is eso is your first mmo, I'd hate to see the salt if you played another game where cc is actually a problem.
    Edited by NuarBlack on December 12, 2018 1:04AM
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmfao love how ppl in here white knight this totally bugged skill.
    Remember ppl whine about rune cage?
    Remember ppl whine about frag stun?
    Remember ppl constantly whine for dk fossilize nerf?
    But this buggy-ass bow skill, which should have NEVER gotten a range increase is defended by those very same ppl who complain about any other CC that could hurt them but they cant use themself cause most of those ppl play Stamblades...
    Edited by Leeched on December 12, 2018 1:38AM
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rilis wrote: »
    But this buggy-ass bow skill, which should have NEVER gotten a range increase is defended by those very same ppl who complain about any other CC that could hurt them but they cant use themself cause most of those ppl play Stamblades...

Waaah wah wah
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The range increase was long overdue. Then again, so are the bug fixes
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like this skill :/
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Polish the cc break making it smoother and problem solved.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »

Waaah wah wah

Took one look at your recent discussions/posts and guess what? I was right. You are one of those Stamblades :lol:
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ye the cc is retardedly bugged. Fix it and the skill becomes reasonable. Quite a strong skill for a spammable cc, but still. Combined wit all the other cc's, forcing players to turtle up its a problem. Theres far too many skills which has a cc attached to the damage or buff. Time to remove some cc. Might be good for the lag as well.
  • GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    There is far too much whining going on about this skill.

This skill works like a CC should. It's no worse than Fear, Fossilize, Permafrost, Time Freeze, etc which are all more egregious IMO.

The projectile is often hard-countered, single traget, deals weak damage, AND the heal is conditional.

Dry your tears and put on your big boy pants and L2P.

You are right, nerf them all, they are all zerging skills.
    Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:
    Pact Corsair- Breton Magblade Former Emperor BWB Prolly Stole your scroll and bombed you
    Lack of Aoe caps: Prolly bombed u
    Neraz Gulio- Stamplar- Former Empress BWB
    Paints-Her-Face - prolly painted your face
    Zealot of the Great Sun- Blazeplar, frmr Emp Vivec

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edited by Gilvoth on February 9, 2019 8:31PM