Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ESO community: Eat a snickers

Suddwrath
Suddwrath
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
You will feel better :)

rjyxRO.gif

Since I'm sure there is a negative thread above or below this one, how about you reply briefly describing a positive experience you had in ESO recently?

I'll go first:
Queued up for a daily vet random and ended up in Fang Lair. Apparently, the group was stuck at the Menagerie and a DPS had rage quit since they had been there for two hours. As I'm walking there (my gosh it's such a long walk) they're explaining the situation and how "difficult" the fight is. I try reassuring them that it's actually a lot easier than they think, but they laugh it off. So I finally arrive at the boss and explain the mechanics, and I emphasize that the key is to walk in small, tight circles around the boss and to not panic. We kill the boss and I could audibly hear how relieved and shocked they were that we had beaten it so easily after they had spent so much time on it. We go through the rest of the dungeon and make it to the very last boss. We spent about 45 minutes on this boss since it took them a long time to completely understand the mechanics and the healer was struggling keeping the tank alive. So I swapped out a few skills, threw on Twilight Matriarch to help the healer, and we beat it. They were all so relieved that they had beaten it for the first time, and it felt good to know that I helped 3 other people do something they had not previously been able to do before.
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was farming in Wrothgar and some dude asked for help to craft Julianos. I just so happened to be close to the set stations, so I went there and he looked like a beginner, low CP and all. I crafted his piece, didn't ask for anything in return. He gives me mats and tips, says thank you and we part ways.

2 minutes that definitely didn't hurt. I like ESO community because of these small occasions.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most valuable post I've seen on the forums in a long time.

A small positive recently from ESO: our guild picked up some new members as a result of running the recent events and they have turned out to be great members.

Cheers.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had a noteworthy positive experience in-game in a while, so have a goat GIF instead.

Kozyyyy.gif
    Edited by AlienatedGoat on December 4, 2018 8:55PM
    PC-NA Goat
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't like nuts, can I have a Mars bar instead?
  • mongoLC
    mongoLC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ran Fungal Grotto a lot with all my friends and other people. I had a great time and got to meet a lot of nice people I have never played with before. A joyous experience and great event! Thank you zos! :smile:
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was running around Summerset and received a message from someone saying they recognized my name from here. He gave me some dungeon tips and now I'm in a new guild. :):):)
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I decided last week to go all-in on a particular aspect of the "story" I've been crafting for my characters, which involved four of them becoming werewolves (to join the three others I already had), and one other becoming a vampire, and in all five instances, over just two days, I very quickly received positive responses to my requests for bites.
    (A time during which I discovered that you don't have to wait for night-time to receive a bite, like I had previously thought. Very cool.)

(Keeping in mind that this is something I always pay-forward as often as I am able; it's just that we can't bite our own characters, so I appreciate that there are other people out there who are very generous with passing along werewolf and vampire bites.)

I'm not very keen on sharing my Precious Snickerses with just anybody, though. :D
    Edited by bearbelly on December 4, 2018 9:06PM
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually really enjoy ESO. Like all MMORPGs since the dawn of MMORPGs it has it's issues and bugs, but as a whole I love the game. If I had to pick just a few things I guess I would say pvp. I love cyro and (most) of the players. lol I really love housing and the housing community.

While it was pretty buggy, I really love Murkmire. It's one of my happy places to go in the game. I will never tire of collecting Scuttleblooms! <3<3<3

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Myrm
    Myrm
    ✭✭✭
    Positive experience about ESO? I just started playing last week, and I am having a great time doing so. I play solo, as it were, as a PvEr. I take my time over everything, exploring everywhere in slow time, walking, on foot, not flying about on a mount. As a result of this I am still in the starting town even after a week >.< I have played, with the exception of one day I think, every day for a few hours each day. In that time I have had one crash and two disconnects. Neither of which has caused any problems as I was able to log straight back in and resume play. On one mission I was really stuggling to kill some mage who was using a pearl to call up sea monsters. I tried 4 or 5 times to kill him but I was either killed, or I ran away too far, and the mage chappy would run back to where he was, fade out, and re-appear with full strength. On my final attempt to kill him, another, higher ranked player happened to pass by and he helped me. :smile:

I actually purchased this game for my nephew back in June 2015, and he said I should get it too so we can play online together. I declined, thinking I wouldn’t like the MMORPG aspect of it. I wish I had now.

I love the scenery, I love the atmosphere, and I love just doing my own thing at my own pace. I like being in an MMORPG (or whatever the term is >.<) where I don’t have to worry about griefers, and where I can chose whether to PvE or PvP.

TL:DR - I am loving this game and have no regrets buying it or the ESO+
    Edited by Myrm on December 4, 2018 9:15PM
    PC & Xbox (EU)

I am employed as a member of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard. (Class of 2017, Yinchorr)
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Myrm wrote: »
    Positive experience about ESO? I just started playing last week, and I am having a great time doing so. I play solo, as it were, as a PvEr. I take my time over everything, exploring everywhere in slow time, walking, on foot, not flying about on a mount. As a result of this I am still in the starting town even after a week >.< I have played, with the exception of one day I think, every day for a few hours each day. In that time I have had one crash and two disconnects. Neither of which has caused any problems as I was able to log straight back in and resume play. On one mission I was really stuggling to kill some mage who was using a pearl to call up sea monsters. I tried 4 or 5 times to kill him but I was either killed, or I ran away too far, and the mage chappy would run back to where he was, fade out, and re-appear with full strength. On my final attempt to kill him, another, higher ranked player happened to pass by and he helped me. :smile:

I actually purchased this game for my nephew back in June 2015, and he said I should get it too so we can play online together. I declined, thinking I wouldn’t like the MMORPG aspect of it. I wish I had now.

I love the scenery, I love the atmosphere, and I love just doing my own thing at my own pace. I like being in an MMORPG (or whatever the term is >.<) where I don’t have to worry about griefers, and where I can chose whether to PvE or PvP.

TL:DR - I am loving this game and have no regrets buying it or the ESO+

@Myrm
    You play the same way I do. S l o w.
    I wander off all the time on all kinds of tangents. I've been playing every day since the end of August and my main is still only level 38.

Which is why I hesitate to get into group-play (other than the fact that I mostly prefer solo). Though, to that end, I did just recently join a guild. But there's no pressure/no requirement in this particular guild [Lone Wolf Help] to jump right into group activities.

Good to see another person of like-mind in this world! Enjoy!
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys must be new here or its your first mmo :D

But in all seriousness, keep doing what you are doing. So you can keep enjoy it, eso can turn toxic at a flip of a hat.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's still a Marathon bar to me, dammit.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »
    I don't like nuts, can I have a Mars bar instead?

What is this sorcery?

Raisin cookie abominations next??! :)
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a lot of folks who might not normally be comfortable running group dungeons are running nFG1 to get event tix each day. With the intent of helping a few out, I queued nFG1 yesterday with my CP810 main tank. I'm normally hesitant to tank pugs because I get frustrated with 'race ahead' dps who turn fights into chaos before I can even get there.

I was pleased to find myself grouped with 3 characters ranging from L11 to L21. Encouragingly they were talking to the quest giving NPC which indicated they were new to the dungeon. I made sure everyone who needed the quest had it and asked they let me know when ready. They happily arrayed themselves behind the tank (me) and waited for me to pull the first mob. The first fight went smoothly and, because they let their tank lead the way and initiate each fight, the whole dungeon went smooth as can be.

Not only was my tank able to help some younger characters out, I thoroughly enjoyed having a pug that actually let the tank lead the group, initiate the pulls and control the battlefield from the beginning of each fight instead of trying salvage chaos from overeager dps. :)
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on December 5, 2018 1:11AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Urgh, Snickers *hurls*

Anyway, I had one of the most chill and fun happy storytime sessions last night. I got to hang out with Indaenir and experience him
    becoming Silvenar
    . Love him-- he's one of my favorite NPCs. And he's voiced by Jowan from DA:O, which gives me many warm nostalgia fuzzies <3

I stalked the pale senche with my Khajiit, which felt amusing and sort of cannibalistic.

I took in all kinds of beautiful scenery in Greenshade and did a couple of other random quests without encountering the round-'em-up and nuke-'em farmers.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine. But I want a king-size Snickers and a cup of hot cocoa.

MixedApprehensiveIndianpangolin-size_restricted.gif
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a mudcrab by the water today. Horrible creatures.
    Edited by Moloch1514 on December 5, 2018 1:05AM
    PC-NA
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuusss Snickers :)

I was doing BGs and got a Top score in Deathmatch and an opposing player whispered me and asked if i was a MagDen. Then we grouped and ran more BGs together lol
    PS NA
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every day I play this game is a positive experience for me. I have so much fun.... I do my crafting writs first thing, then I pick a girl to level, move on to someone else maybe.

I'm so looking forward to New Life!
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I exchanged gifts with two friends today. I know we had an ulterior motive, but the communications we also exchanged were sincere. Both have previously been complimentary of my playing, however undue that is, and I felt very good about the exchange.

After several attempts, I soloed Banished Cells 1 on my MagBlade today. That was pretty cool. I've previously done it on all my other characters and it was really bothering me my favorite character couldn't do it.

Last week I got 2x Kota and then the very next node I got Aetherial Dust. That was neat.

I don't have high expectations in this game; thus, I'm often pleased by the little things.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I random queued as a fake tank into a normal dungeon last night on a PvP MagDK (I slotted taunt, a couple of debuffs, and some group buffs, so not entirely fake, except that I don't have a clue how to tank properly). I hit the queue in load screen and see "Cradle of Shadows", and my stomach sinks. I load in to see the tell-tale blue, glowing portal in the first room plus a DD standing next me who had also just queued in, and I wanted to run. I stuck it out and immediately hopped into group chat to let them know I was not in fact a real tank and that I would willingly leave if they need a real one to queue in. One of the original players hopped on to say they had been at it for a while and that the two we had just replaced had rage quit after many failed attempts on the last boss.

I took a deep breath and asked dude if he had ever run this before, and the poor guy told me he hadn't and that he was completely new to PvE dungeons, and that he had no idea how to kill the boss. I figured if he was cool with me fake queueing, I was going to be a good sport. I just said "I got you bud", then took 10 seconds to explain the very simple mechanics and we jumped in.

Dude absolutely destroyed the boss. Once he knew to kill the torch atros and how to run the maze and the whole "don't move/roll dodgeX2" part, he was great and we had zero problem killing the boss, and not one of us died. All it took was me not being a big whiney ***-baby like I instantly wanted to be, and the guy got to complete one of his first dungeons while learning helpful mechanics plus I got a super quick, painless run through a cool dungeon with a cool human.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • RobZha
    RobZha
    ✭✭✭
    I can't resist :

Am only logging on for rewards at the moment so a bit ago I logged on, claimed reward and logged out. What's good about that? I don't remember experiencing any lag at all!

*ba-dum tish*
    Edited by RobZha on December 5, 2018 1:24AM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I could use a snickers; sounds good. thanks! :D
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @p00tx: that's flat AWESOME. What a wonderful ending to a maybe-nightmare. Good for you, good for him, and yeah - have an Awesome!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday, I ran normal City of Ash 2.

Its a long, tiresome dungeon. I groaned when I got it for my random.

Two people in group had never done it before.

We had a blast.

Sometimes the dungeon runs you think are going to be worst turn out to be the best.
  • RobZha
    RobZha
    ✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    rjyxRO.gif

I just realised the woman with the snickers there reminds me of Captain Marvel/Brie Larson, so will add an awesome.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We had a blast.

Sometimes the dungeon runs you think are going to be worst turn out to be the best.

I randomed Vet Scalecaller...loaded with a blue portal...turns out the tank was explaining every boss, and the group completed it! They had only killed like 1 boss before their heals had left. So I got a 2nd Zaan helmet, which made me pretty happy! I'm glad you had fun on your run, sometimes daunting dungeons can be fun. Its mostly attitude. Attitude, heals, and dps :p
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always try to help people when I can! If someone says need they need help with a world boss, I happily help. Or offer advice when they need it. One small act kindness can make a person's day, and being a decent human being is more important than titles and achievements in this game. Just because it's "the internet," it doesn't excuse you to be a poor excuse of a human being.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We had a blast.

Well, the truism there is that it does depend on how you approach adversity. If you give the people and the run a chance, you have 50/50 that it will be fun - and you got the better end of that deal this time! If you never give it a chance, well, you're 0/0....
  • magikarper
    magikarper
    ✭✭
    I've been playing ESO for two+ months, and I'm having a blast. Compared to the only other MMORPG I've played (WoW), ESO has infinitely better crafting, BOE gear, and character build choices. Plus, the story is far more interesting. The quests in ESO are engaging, unlike WoW's standard "kill 10 bears" or "fetch 7 gizzards" quests. The zones in ESO are beautiful, and there is a ton of content to enjoy. Every time an expansion is released in WoW, some of the older content is removed to herd players into the newest release. In ESO, the content just keeps growing. I can play any zone in any order, and I'm not going to out level any of the content.

The first day I played ESO, I couldn't figure out how to open a chest outside of Shimmerene. A veteran player offered to open the chest for me, and she gave me the contents. She also gifted me 2,000 gold to help me get started. When I feel like less of a noob, I'll "pay it forward" when I find new players.

I recognize ESO isn't perfect, but it's the right game for me at the present time, and I look forward to getting home and playing ESO. I have barely scratched the surface so far, but I've played at least 100-150 hours.