The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ANOTHER tiny statue ???

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you want a goat statue.
    Because I'd be okay with a goat statue. Three of them even. Little itty bitty Tribunal of goats in their teensy weensy god costumes.
    signing off
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    IMO there's 3 options here:

1) Subscribe because you want one or more of the permanent benefits like the craft bag or access to DLC, and consider any free/discounted items you like a bonus and ones you don't want nothing to worry about because you're still getting everything you paid for.

2) Subscribe only in months where there's crown store exclusives you actually want. (You don't have to be subscribed in advance to get them, you can buy it after they're announced/added and you'll still be able to get them.) The downside is you lose the discount for buying multiple months together, but if you find your still subscribed enough that it would be cheaper to buy in bulk you can always switch to that.

3) Stay subscribed hoping for crown store exclusives you want and accept that sometimes you'll be disappointed. Even if ZOS are going out of their way to offer the best of what they have as exclusives they can't possibly make items everyone wants all of the time because everyone's tastes are different.

Option 4) Hop on the forums and tell ZOS that their tiny ant statues aren't good enough.
    PC-NA Goat
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why you want a big statue to compensate for something? ;)
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭

1) Subscribe because you want one or more of the permanent benefits like the craft bag or access to DLC, and consider any free/discounted items you like a bonus and ones you don't want nothing to worry about because you're still getting everything you paid for.

2) Subscribe only in months where there's crown store exclusives you actually want. (You don't have to be subscribed in advance to get them, you can buy it after they're announced/added and you'll still be able to get them.) The downside is you lose the discount for buying multiple months together, but if you find your still subscribed enough that it would be cheaper to buy in bulk you can always switch to that.

3) Stay subscribed hoping for crown store exclusives you want and accept that sometimes you'll be disappointed. Even if ZOS are going out of their way to offer the best of what they have as exclusives they can't possibly make items everyone wants all of the time because everyone's tastes are different.

Option 4) Hop on the forums and tell ZOS that their tiny ant statues aren't good enough.

Ah, but the question is, did anyone at ZOS get the message?
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Do you want a goat statue.
    Because I'd be okay with a goat statue. Three of them even. Little itty bitty Tribunal of goats in their teensy weensy god costumes.

I uh...well that's a complex question. And not one I had considered.

While on the one hand I would greatly appreciate the empowerment that comes with having my beloved brethren enshrined in sculpted form, I also think that if they were tiny it could also be perceived as a slight tongue-in-cheek joke about the historically low stature given to caprines. This would only serve to further disenfranchise my brethren, we would be very upset, and there would be much angry bleeting.

Also, tiny statues are easily trampled and mistakenly eaten.
    PC-NA Goat
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »

Ah, but the question is, did anyone at ZOS get the message?

Probably not, but I feel better. o:)
    PC-NA Goat
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IS this available for us in the crown store yet? I only see the Molag Bal one from last month.

@mayasunrising

I think the current slate of stuff has three days remaining, then it switches-over to the December stuff.

They posted their December Crown Store Showcase today.
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd gladly accept service tokens and respecs. To me those would be great rewards!
    Edited by Zardayne on December 3, 2018 9:32PM
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zardayne wrote: »
    I'd glady accept service tokens and respecs.

Oh boy, with those racial changes coming, I'll probably be praying for service tokens.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who only play Dunmer characters, and who has decorated every Dunmer house in the game, the Vivec statuette is GREAT! I can't wait to use it in every Dunmer house I own. I always love new clutter to put on tables and shelves, as I'm starting to run out of variety, using the same items over and over. The Vivec statuette is going to look great in my living rooms, and is much more fitting than the Clavicus Vile and Molag Bal we have so far, as most people wouldn't put Daedric statuettes in their homes. I'm satisfied.
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally rather like the statues.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the idea but not the subject matter. If they start making statues of the divines I'll definitely pick up the ones my characters follow. Maybe an Azura statue too, since the big one from the achievement vendor seems a bit much for my house. It would be cool if I could make little house shrines for each of the deities the characters follow.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm going to get a monthly reminder of the awesomeness that is Spinal Tap's Stonhenge: Massive full size Stonehenge enters around 2 minutes 11 seconds.

https://youtu.be/qAXzzHM8zLw
  • Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    and then they listened and gave us 15 pack of...Ouroboros crates
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, just cracking up at the fact that the statue itself seems to be illustrating the OP's tone with its position. Vivec is like "seriously tho, wtf?!"

• bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I like the idea but not the subject matter. If they start making statues of the divines I'll definitely pick up the ones my characters follow. Maybe an Azura statue too, since the big one from the achievement vendor seems a bit much for my house. It would be cool if I could make little house shrines for each of the deities the characters follow.

Yup. This is how I feel.

I'm not a fan of the particular statuettes they've released so far, but only because they don't fit with my characters' story-arc; but I do like the idea of statuettes, in general.

I'd like to see Hircine, Lamae Bal, and a handful of others at some point.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Sorry, just cracking up at the fact that the statue itself seems to be illustrating the OP's tone with its position. Vivec is like "seriously tho, wtf?!"

Lol, I didn't notice before. The costume is kind of doing it too.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll take anything for free. These will make a cool little collection as times rolls on somewhere.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    I'll take anything for free. These will make a cool little collection as times rolls on somewhere.

Again, it's not free if you're paying for ESO+. It's part of the sub now.
    PC-NA Goat
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enokariel wrote: »
    I thin it's great .. I want statuette every month. It will be a great collection - once.

I can't even fit all my undaunted busts in my home with 700 slots without sacrificing months of work that I've put towards actual furnishings.

I didn't spend all that time to redecorate for tiny statues made for ants.

Your Undaunted Busts count towards a different total from your 700 slots. Just sayin'.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    IS this available for us in the crown store yet? I only see the Molag Bal one from last month.

@mayasunrising

I think the current slate of stuff has three days remaining, then it switches-over to the December stuff.

They posted their December Crown Store Showcase today.

Thank you @bearbelly ! <3
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Think of it this way, soon we'll have enough for a miniature chess set
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enokariel wrote: »
    I thin it's great .. I want statuette every month. It will be a great collection - once.

I can't even fit all my undaunted busts in my home with 700 slots without sacrificing months of work that I've put towards actual furnishings.

I didn't spend all that time to redecorate for tiny statues made for ants.

Your Undaunted Busts count towards a different total from your 700 slots. Just sayin'.

Fair enough, but you see my point. :p

Need moar slots.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops, never mind...I see it's coming Dec 6.
    Edited by Ostacia on December 3, 2018 10:42PM
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • THEMourningLily
    THEMourningLily
    ✭✭✭

Um technically no. The subscription only just now started including these free items. You aren't paying any more for them than you did before they added them. They are a bonus. They are a free perk for subscribing - they did not up your subscription price to include them. They aren't even included in the subscription description.

ESO Plus Subscription:

PRODUCT DETAILS
    Full access to all DLC game packs available in the Crown Store - new zones, quests, dungeons and more!
    Unlimited storage for crafting materials
    1650 crowns per month to spend on the in-game store (Paid Members Only)
    Double Bank space for your account.
    10% increase to Experience & Gold acquisition, Crafting Inspiration, and Trait Research rates.
    Double Furnishings and Collectibles space in player housing.
    Exclusive ability to dye costumes.
    Double currency cap for Transmutation Crystals.
    Exclusive access to unique Crown Store deals.
    Edited by THEMourningLily on December 3, 2018 10:52PM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Um technically no. The subscription only just now started including these free items. You aren't paying any more for them than you did before they added them. They are a bonus. They are a free perk for subscribing - they did not up your subscription price to include them. They aren't even included in the subscription description.

ESO Plus Subscription:

PRODUCT DETAILS
    Full access to all DLC game packs available in the Crown Store - new zones, quests, dungeons and more!
    Unlimited storage for crafting materials
    1650 crowns per month to spend on the in-game store (Paid Members Only)
    Double Bank space for your account.
    10% increase to Experience & Gold acquisition, Crafting Inspiration, and Trait Research rates.
    Double Furnishings and Collectibles space in player housing.
    Exclusive ability to dye costumes.
    Double currency cap for Transmutation Crystals.
    Exclusive access to unique Crown Store deals.

It's included right there, lol

I don't mind the statues IF they had something else free as well for those who are not into housing. I still haven't claimed the Molag Bal one because I haven't even started working on housing yet so it would likely just take up a bank slot.

2 months in a row with the same type of reward which is only going to make some customers happy. At least with the discounted stuff we got a mount first, and a costume next. If they released another mount, especially another dwarven mount, people wouldn't be happy about that either. Variation is good.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • THEMourningLily
    THEMourningLily
    ✭✭✭
    Access to Crown store deals = meaning early access to certain items and purchasing those early access items at a discounted rate. No mention of *free crown store items* anywhere in the subscription details
    Edited by THEMourningLily on December 3, 2018 11:00PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    I still haven't claimed the Molag Bal one because I haven't even started working on housing yet so it would likely just take up a bank slot.

That's ... not how it works at all.

These ESO+ furniture items are collectibles, once you "buy" it from the crown store, it becomes part of your collectibles tab. Meaning it takes up zero inventory slots. It also means you can only place it once per house, but that is offset by it always being free to use, and you can use it in as many houses you own as you like. For something that's more of a collectible piece such as this, I think it's the best solution. You'd rarely want to use these items more than once in a house anyway, and that way you don't have to continually buy them at traders, and have to juggle them around in your inventory.
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Molag Bal. Now Vivec.
    I'd better not leave them in one room alone...
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complaining about free stuff? Really? There are better things to complain about.. like lag or the broken dungeon finder, or heck how about all the people starving in the world..? Let's get some perspective please. Hash#Firstworldproblems

I hate to repeat myself to people such as you, new players who talks as if they are part of the community for so long whilst ignorant on how marketing in businesses works but I'll indulge. Hash#Ignorantproblems

As quoted from my previous discussion of similar topic.
    Perwulf wrote: »

It is a nice gesture but it is necessary in a marketing perspective so as an MMO dev, you'd have to improve the old system more so the paid ones if you want to keep your loyal customers on a tight leash, this is how the MMO business works.
    Perwulf wrote: »
    You either adapt & innovate your product or wither slowly into oblivion, in other words, you can't stay the same as it was 4 years ago unless you want to expand.
    This is how every business works.

The reason why most of the complainers are older players is because we had better stuffs compared to these junks.

Personally, I would take the 6 free gambling crates anytime because I still don't have most of its contents and even if I don't get the good stuffs via gambling, I can still convert them to gems that can buy me better stuffs but most importantly the freedom to choose.

However, It is understandable that the developers are shifting their focus on new players because loyal paying customers already had their merry time in the past months but until they find a neutral grounds to please both sides, either old and new players are free to express their reaction/feedback on the new business model so that the devs can understand what the players want and hopefully a solution on this matter.

"Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"