The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Delete snipe

• Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There have been 47 thousand thread for this exact same non problem. It has been concluded that its a L2P issue.

I assume L2P means Lag 2 Powerful?
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    You realize that burst damage can happen with any skill combo without any way to react.

And again, because you appear to have a reading comprehension problem. I have said multiple times, lag is an issue. The health desync, multiple snipes landing at once issue, is a lag issue. Not a snipe issue. If this were a fix snipe post, I would recommend that the lag issue be fixed. But this isn't that. This is a no talent player complaining about a skill that he refuses to learn to play against.

And the biggest problem is you and sitting here acting like you are being killed left and right by snipe all the time. I highly doubt that. Maybe once or twice in a few hours sure. Which is hardly enough to have this much of an anurism over a single skill. And if it is more than that, you are just a trash player.

AGREE!

Sorry but I have a serious doubt about the skill of anyone who says 'Delete __________.'

I am not even that good and I pretty much NEVER die to snipe. I am sure it HAS happened, but I cannot even recall when it has, and I PVP daily. I do not shield stack or use cheese either, before anyone tries to use that as defence.

Edited by Mureel on December 5, 2018 8:02AM
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    KRBMMO wrote: »
    If snipe truly was so difficult to avoid, you can guarantee 90% of Cyrodil would be using it.
    If this skill actually was OP, Cyrodil would be filled with bow-weilding wood elf NB's.

But it isn't, and there is a reason why not:
    The reason 90% of cyrodil is not using snipe is that is is a wasted slot vs skilled players.

As far as lag ... yeah lots of skills kill you because of lag. Are you saying we should start eliminating skills because people get killed by lag?

And before you even go there ... no, I am not a snipe user - I prefer the flexibility and survivability of magblade play style over stamblade.

No. The reason why 90% of players don't use snipe is because they have the self-respect and dignity enough to not use the most broken skill in the game.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete Cyrodiil :trollface:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "All reward no risk"

I mean, their risk is falling asleep waiting for somebody to show up at their ganking spots, get a kill, giggle, and then repeat. It's boring for me, but somebody else's cup of tea I suppose.

To survive the ganks, try increasing your crit resistance (about 2k or more crit resist is ideal), run with at LEAST 24k health at all times, and wear heavy armor in pvp zones unless you really know what you're doing. Jaws343's list of snipe counters above is good, as well.

You got this, bud. Bowganks can be NASTY, but they're not as OP as you might initially think.

https://youtu.be/g7DHQ10x9PM

Hard
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If snipe truly was so difficult to avoid, you can guarantee 90% of Cyrodil would be using it.
    If this skill actually was OP, Cyrodil would be filled with bow-weilding wood elf NB's.

The reason 90% of cyrodil is not using snipe is that is is a wasted slot vs skilled players.

As far as lag ... yeah lots of skills kill you because of lag. Are you saying we should start eliminating skills because people get killed by lag?

And before you even go there ... no, I am not a snipe user - I prefer the flexibility and survivability of magblade play style over stamblade.

Snipe spammers thrive in zergs and people live for crouch stealthing until one wanderer comes by just so they can snipev1
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »

No. The reason why 90% of players don't use snipe is because they have the self-respect and dignity enough to not use the most broken skill in the game.

This is a comical argument considering the blatant abuse of anything "OP".
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »

This is a comical argument considering the blatant abuse of anything "OP".

I said skill. Sets are a different issue entirely. There's no set that hits you for 10k 40m away either.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But guys...! What if the sniper gets caught? In one shot he is dead...

Unless he blocks
    Unless he rolls
    Unless he cloaks
    Unless he potions
    Unless he rolls and cloaks
    Unless he has a healer nearby
    Unless he does any of the above

Ah, uh...You know what? I'm going to get some water.