The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Delete snipe

ZarkingFrued
ZarkingFrued
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously ZOS, not trolling here. Nothing could be better for PVP in general than deleting snipe and replacing it entirely. No one should have access to cloaking around and two hitting people from massive distances. This playstyle is all reward, and no risk. You nerfed sorc shields for this exact reason, all reward, no risk. It is the number one complaint I hear in PVP. Not to mention its glitched and 2-3 all hit at the same time. Not sure if you just dont believe it or you just dont have a way to fix it, but it causes many players to just stop playing ESO.
Edited by ZarkingFrued on November 29, 2018 3:01PM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There have been 47 thousand thread for this exact same non problem. It has been concluded that its a L2P issue.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're constantly dying from snipe, then you're doing it wrong. There's alot of things wrong with PvP, but snipe isn't even the top 20 of them.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak and Snipe have nothing to do with eachother.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe plays an excellent and valued role in PvE. Especially for my 3 bow/bow characters. The cast time + instant aggro ensure it is not at all overpowered for PvE. I don't know anyone in PvE who would suggest that bow/bow characters are overpowered, and those who run bow only on one bar generally do not have snipe slotted.

If it is a concern in PvP, how about suggesting a change that applies only to PvP?
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on November 29, 2018 4:03PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snipe plays an excellent and valued role in PvE. Especially for my 3 bow/bow characters. The cast time + instant aggro ensure it is not at all overpowered for PvE. I don't know anyone in PvE who would suggest that bow/bow characters are overpowered, and those who run bow only on one bar generally do not have snipe slotted.

If it is a concern in PvP, how about suggesting a change that applies only to PvP?

I think ZOS have made it clear that they have no plans to split abilities like this between PVE and PVP. I do not like snipe, simply because of the de-sync issue I am often hit with 3-4 at once and I'm dead instantly. If it behaved as it should I would have no issue with it.

A thread was put up a week or so ago about changing the bow line completely to include a proper spammable and I really liked the idea. I don't think ZOS are willing to put in the effort to remake the skill line though.
    PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
    PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete your character first, OP.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t like em either. View it as a weeny way of playing. But I’m also not gonna be the “1 v 1 me bro “ kind of guy either. Because they’d probably cloak and snipe me again. Lol!

L2P is comical. You don’t see or hear anything coming til 3 seconds later when 5 attacks all hit you at once. If you can catch em though. They dead meat with a quickness. Squishy little snipers.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Exactly. All this whining and crying about snipe is really caused by the stun-from-stealth and cloak. If those two were removed then snipe would just be a decent burst damage ability.

Notice how every one of these whine posts calls out either stun or "health desync" (caused by stun).
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again?
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    There have been 47 thousand thread for this exact same non problem. It has been concluded that its a L2P issue.

Yeah, because there's absolutely no L2P issues in the following rotation:

Cloak - >snipe > snipe > snipe > Cloak > cloak

Lol give me a *** break my cat could walk across my keyboard and come up with a more skilful rotation than the thumbless *** that abuse that skill.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »

Lol give me a *** break my cat could walk across my keyboard and come up with a more skilful rotation than the thumbless *** that abuse that skill.

Is your Cat single?

Asking for a friend.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could dodge roll immediately when you get hit with the first snipe, and the LOS. I don't die to snipe much on its own. And outside of players not paying attention, or seriously laggy conditions, it is hard to land 2 snipes in a row.

I do find it funny that people complain about the spamming of one skill, and then they come in on their dks or wardens, or templars, spamming whip and birds and jabs like they aren't just hitting the same button repeatedly as well.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »

Exactly. All this whining and crying about snipe is really caused by the stun-from-stealth and cloak. If those two were removed then snipe would just be a decent burst damage ability.

Notice how every one of these whine posts calls out either stun or "health desync" (caused by stun).

I'm not whining, I'm making an informed statement. The abuse of this skill was not thought out when the game was designed. I assume you play a snipe build?
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on November 29, 2018 8:53PM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've concluded that you are in fact incorrect. I would love to see you learn to play against a skill that kills you all at once. Please do share your unfathomable understanding of how to survive instant death. Even if it did not glitch, it is still just pathetic.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hillarious
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bow
    tactx wrote: »
    Delete your character first, OP.

No need, I dont use snipe. However, I would assume that you do so you should probably go ahead and just uninstall and go back to COD.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could dodge roll immediately when you get hit with the first snipe, and the LOS. I don't die to snipe much on its own. And outside of players not paying attention, or seriously laggy conditions, it is hard to land 2 snipes in a row.

I do find it funny that people complain about the spamming of one skill, and then they come in on their dks or wardens, or templars, spamming whip and birds and jabs like they aren't just hitting the same button repeatedly as well.

Dodge roll immediately after death from a glitch? I think everyone is missing the point that a game should not encourage others to be trolls and just run around finding mostly 1v1 fights they can stand a mile away from and drop up to 14k damage per hit on the opposing character. Also, sure let my jabs whip or bids do the damage that snipe does. The cast time for snipe is negated for the simple fact that it doesnt matter when you are so far away a gap closer doesnt even help
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on November 29, 2018 9:03PM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're constantly dying from snipe, then you're doing it wrong. There's alot of things wrong with PvP, but snipe isn't even the top 20 of them.

It's much easier to throw an insult than suggest a solution. If you dont get killed by random snipers then I can only assume you play in groups where the problem is not a problem
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Again?

Always
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's much easier to throw an insult than suggest a solution. If you dont get killed by random snipers then I can only assume you play in groups where the problem is not a problem

Many people are providing solutions, but if you are repeatedly getting hit with 14K snipes, it sounds more like you don't have any defense.

And you comment about dodge rolling after death completely misses the part where I said outside of laggy situations.

So learn to play. Learn to adjust. Learn to PVP. Rather than coming here and acting like a child about an ability you don't know, and refuse to learn, how to counter.

In case you actually want suggestions of a solution and not just blind agreement, here are some counters to snipe:

Dodge Roll
    Line of Sight
    Radiant Magelight (Reduces damage from stealth and prevents stun from stealth)
    Shield
    Back bar a bow and snipe them back.
    DK's Wings
    Warden's Crystallized Shield
    Nightblade Cloak
    Sorc Shield
    Templar ritual to purge defile, Eclipse to prevent more snipes
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

Is your Cat single?

Asking for a friend.

😂😂 You wouldn't want her she's a demon that one.
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If i only needed snipe to kill other players i choose to play another build, i can snipe bad players in two shots but i need much more to experienced players without a guarenteed win.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another Learn 2 Play issue
    Nothing to see here
    Beta tester November 2013
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yawn
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• AllegraLionheart
    "All reward no risk"

I mean, their risk is falling asleep waiting for somebody to show up at their ganking spots, get a kill, giggle, and then repeat. It's boring for me, but somebody else's cup of tea I suppose.

To survive the ganks, try increasing your crit resistance (about 2k or more crit resist is ideal), run with at LEAST 24k health at all times, and wear heavy armor in pvp zones unless you really know what you're doing. Jaws343's list of snipe counters above is good, as well.

You got this, bud. Bowganks can be NASTY, but they're not as OP as you might initially think.
    PC/NA
    Breton Magden pretending to be a Nord
    GM - Chal Basement Battalion, PvP Guild (Gray Host)
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    Believe me I probably hate snipers more than most, in a BG if I catch a single person in the match using it I will forget the objective and farm that individual. Even if they are on my team I'll bag them if they die.

But.

The issue isnt the ability, although I have no respect for anyone who uses it in snipe ganks or uses it to snipe trial bosses (I believe those days are over now).

The real issue is the health bar desync, there is literally no counter apart from wings or shimmering. Ive been dropped in <1 sec by 5 snipes from the one person whilst in heavy armour and a vigor ticking.

The ability itself when working properly is easily countered.
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously ZOS, not trolling here. Nothing could be better for PVP in general than deleting snipe and replacing it entirely. No one should have access to cloaking around and two hitting people from massive distances. This playstyle is all reward, and no risk. You nerfed sorc shields for this exact reason, all reward, no risk. It is the number one complaint I hear in PVP. Not to mention its glitched and 2-3 all hit at the same time. Not sure if you just dont believe it or you just dont have a way to fix it, but it causes many players to just stop playing ESO.

Maybe they make majority of the money from casuals, and this would affect that population? Not sure, but I would loveee to see that ability get rebalanced. Either take the debuff off of it, or make it to where its not able to synergize with attack out of stealth nb passive.
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭

Many people are providing solutions, but if you are repeatedly getting hit with 14K snipes, it sounds more like you don't have any defense.

And you comment about dodge rolling after death completely misses the part where I said outside of laggy situations.

So learn to play. Learn to adjust. Learn to PVP. Rather than coming here and acting like a child about an ability you don't know, and refuse to learn, how to counter.

In case you actually want suggestions of a solution and not just blind agreement, here are some counters to snipe:

Dodge Roll
    Line of Sight
    Shield
    DK's Wings
    Nightblade Cloak
    Sorc Shield

what happens when your character falls dead and starts sliding, and half a second after.. you can hear the 3 snipe sounds all at once that should have came before you died and started sliding? XD
    Tell me how to avoid a health desync

Should I dodge roll while looking at recap?
    Maybe try and hit wings looking at the recap?

get outta here sniper
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe needs to affect the caster’s ability to cloak.

One option would be to make it always crit and then lower the tooltip dmg... those sniping not from cloak would see a dmg decrease, but those sniping from regular visible states would see dmg stay the same.

Or make the snipe channel pull the target out of cloak (rather than on dmg being done)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingLogix wrote: »

Dodge Roll
    Line of Sight
    Shield
    DK's Wings
    Nightblade Cloak
    Sorc Shield

what happens when your character falls dead and starts sliding, and half a second after.. you can hear the 3 snipe sounds all at once that should have came before you died and started sliding? XD
    Tell me how to avoid a health desync

Should I dodge roll while looking at recap?
    Maybe try and hit wings looking at the recap?

get outta here sniper

You realize that burst damage can happen with any skill combo without any way to react.

And again, because you appear to have a reading comprehension problem. I have said multiple times, lag is an issue. The health desync, multiple snipes landing at once issue, is a lag issue. Not a snipe issue. If this were a fix snipe post, I would recommend that the lag issue be fixed. But this isn't that. This is a no talent player complaining about a skill that he refuses to learn to play against.

And the biggest problem is you and sitting here acting like you are being killed left and right by snipe all the time. I highly doubt that. Maybe once or twice in a few hours sure. Which is hardly enough to have this much of an anurism over a single skill. And if it is more than that, you are just a trash player.