The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Murkmire Daily Quest Old Scrolls bugged for me

ErinGoBrag520
ErinGoBrag520
✭✭✭
I can only find 2/3 scrolls. The area indicated where the last scroll should be has no scroll. I've logged out, I've waited days (it's not my main) and still no scroll. I know I need to just drop the quest but it is annoying.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue with this quest. It is unfortunate, but abandoning the quest is the only quick solution.

Relog, exit/re-enter delvd, zone change, and restarting the game did not clear the glitch.
  • Vandellia
    Vandellia
    ✭✭✭
    well Varo based quests bug out every time if you skip the optional talk to xxx npc first. for me if i skip the optional chat it bugs out every time if i chat with the npc it does not bug...
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Though the same, but they are just very well hidden, found them all after 30 minutes.
  • Grollok76
    Grollok76
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the possible spawn points is actually up on a ledge that's very easy to miss.

You have to run through the cave with all the slime monster thingies and turn right (and do a 180°) when running uphill to the cave with the boss-slime. That will most likely take you to the missing scroll. Took me ages to find it the first time.
    Edited by Grollok76 on November 19, 2018 8:56PM
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here. Made a bug report in game.
  • geng14159
    geng14159
    ✭✭✭
    Grollok76 wrote: »
    One of the possible spawn points is actually up on a ledge that's very easy to miss.

You have to run through the cave with all the slime monster thingies and turn right (and do a 180°) when running uphill to the cave with the boss-slime. That will most likely take you to the missing scroll. Took me ages to find it the first time.

I spent 20 minutes in one area trying to find it. After you posted this, I looked up and saw the indicator arrow floating above me on a cliff. That was ridiculously annoying. Thanks for the tip. Never would have found it without this info.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only find 2/3 scrolls. The area indicated where the last scroll should be has no scroll. I've logged out, I've waited days (it's not my main) and still no scroll. I know I need to just drop the quest but it is annoying.
    I had the same issue... then I realized there was an ledge high above wherre the last scroll was hiding - you have to go halfway to the endboss from the last scroll area and back up at the outside of the dwelve area to get there.

Yup, that exactly. I only found it by accident when I was ready to drop the quest... after over an hour of searching...

I mean, it was vexing... but I gotta appreciate the "hide the scroll to make a daily more interesting" skills...
    Drat, now I think I should have taken a screenshot of finding that last scroill under "Tamriel Hide and Seek Champion 2018!" ;)
  • ZorroDeMar
    ZorroDeMar
    ✭✭
    When you go up halfway to the end boss there is red tent, here you take a right and go high up to find the missing scroll.
  • Katastrophia
    Katastrophia
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the help on finding that scroll. It’s been driving me crazy trying to find it. I usually group with someone when I get that quest. Never looked to see that there was a path to the right of that tent on the slope. I see other players wondering around clueless as well.
  • Nevolent
    Nevolent
    Soul Shriven
    TheShadowScout U saved me ma man!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general, I like Murkmire, but its dailies might be the worst in the game. Whoever thought of moving the objectives around every time you do a quest (that most people are trying to knock out as quickly as possible) should be forced to live in a home with carpet made of Legos.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on February 20, 2019 10:52PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged today. ZOS's commitment to quality.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not bugged, the scroll is there, as someone posted above. If you're going to necro a thread, make sure to read the old info ;)
    Edited by daemonios on September 30, 2019 3:17PM
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stupid boring quest. Hate it. Spent ages running around that stupid delve. Idiotic quest pfft.

I ran around forever looking for that last one, but no nothing. The thing is I did this daily 2 times now and didn't have a problem. I feel like I have searched every square inch where the map is telling me to look in the circle, but nothing. I have better stuff to do. Garbage quest. Abandoned quest. Never going back.

/rantover
    Edited by Neoealth on February 23, 2020 5:02PM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought I was going crazy

This has happened to me twice

• Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

It's not bugged, the scroll is there, as someone posted above. If you're going to necro a thread, make sure to read the old info ;)

I'm 100% sure the quest indicator tells you the scroll is below you when you're going that way.
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You DO have to go outside of the area indicator, and then turn around and go up the hill, back into the circle indicated. You literally have to leave the quest area to make the sharp right turn up the switchback at the red tent.

It's very annoying the first time you do this, because it is so counter-intuitive.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You DO have to go outside of the area indicator, and then turn around and go up the hill, back into the circle indicated. You literally have to leave the quest area to make the sharp right turn up the switchback at the red tent.

It's very annoying the first time you do this, because it is so counter-intuitive.

I did that and still couldn't see any arrow pointing to anywhere. I ran around the entire delve searching everything, even up the ramp and back around so I'm higher and back into the cicrle, still didn't see any arrow. It just got to the point where I asked myself, what the hell am I doing? It's not worth the time when the chances are the 2 loot boxes are only going to give 2 useless set parts that I will decon and maybe a motif I already have.

Also I love how they added a pit in that delve which automatically kills you if you jump in, makes you want to dive right in after this experience.
    Edited by Neoealth on February 23, 2020 5:35PM
  • Hoerly
    Hoerly
    Soul Shriven
    20200221133920-1.jpg
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, tried everything mentioned above. Others in my zone had same issue; some had to abandon quest and re-take it, so it IS a glitch...indicator not even showing up. Someone else had it spawn in a much more accessible part of the zone.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, definitely a glitch. Abandoned quest, did the optional side quest of talking to the NPC at the Mage's Guild, still no marker. Climbing up the switchback, I went too high, fell, and died...and when I respawned the marker was right in front of me.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found this and the other Murkmire delve quests can glitch if you don't do the optional "talk to" step first so I've gotten in the habit of completing the option step.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had this issues several times, and the funny thing is:
    The missing scrolls are always different.
    Some time the 1st scroll is missing, sometimes the 3rd, this is driving people nuts.
    I've found this and the other Murkmire delve quests can glitch if you don't do the optional "talk to" step first
    I never did that and had the bug anyway.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This happened to me yesterday as well. I'll check again and see if I'm somehow missing the marker, but I really think it's not there. I've never had this trouble with the quest before.

I had the same problem with finding items in Teeth of Sithis a couple days ago. Leaving the zone and coming back fixed the problem, but it's not working this time.

Edit: It's definitely not hidden up round the ridge. It's not there at all.
    Edited by whitecrow on February 28, 2020 4:11PM
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /reloadui helps
    Give 'er eh!
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    /reloadui helps

Yeah, that was the very first thing I tried. No dice. I went into zone chat and some helpful folks IN MY INSTANCE were seeing it but not me...Def bugged.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same problem on a few MM dailies. I logged out, zoned out nothing. Turns out they were there just the little white icon is so freakin small you can't see it, it just doesn't stand out. It's the same with all other quest icons in the game where they actually aren't targeted on the map but just in the general area. It's probably also related to why the wayshrines are hard to target and pets get in the way of looting more often here. The actual "target" you can see and also have to select is smaller than other zones.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same with all other quest icons in the game where they actually aren't targeted on the map but just in the general area.

No, some Murkmire quests are very badly bugged, eg. Old Scrolls in Teeth of Sithis.

Need 5. Have 4 in inventory.

No more available to pick up, and the map says you're missing 3, not 1.

https://imgur.com/UTdWEaq

https://imgur.com/4TorIry

https://imgur.com/vOkldsz

This content has out been and presumably bugged for years.
  • DukeCybran
    DukeCybran
    ✭✭✭
    This is a stupid and molesting quest.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also thought my quest was bugged because of that one scroll after that ledge, it's really easy to pass by and never notice :sweat_smile: