Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

The Phalanx- Magplar PvP Build [Murkmire]

• Snatchez
    Snatchez
    ✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Can you go back to this build I'm getting tired of running from your sorc

Look, I love my Magplar and have decided it’s my second favorite class after Stamplar. But Sorc is currently so damn dominant for the style of play I prefer, I can’t see myself putting it down right now. Just an order of magnitude stronger. And it’s about to get a whole lot more powerful.

That being said, after I get my kicks in with Amplitude in Wrathstone, I plan to return to Magplar- most likely on an Altmer. There’s a couple of new ideas I wanna play around with, namely Solar Barrage and the Auroran set.

Any chance your gonna release that sorc build?
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Datolite wrote: »
    I think I've found my ideal version of this build for noCP:
    BTB/Cyrodiil's Light/Bloodspawn
    Nirnhoned/defending and full impen
    Full prismatic, full spell damage
    2 swift and 1 protective
    Imperial race, apprentice mundus
    Witchmother, tristat pots

Sweeps, Charge, PL, Vamp Bane, Degeneration, Crescent
    Ritual, Rune, Mist, Deep Thoughts, HtD, Practiced Incantation

Just squeezing every last drop out of that gear. It's a BEAST. I've never felt this mobile, tanky, AND deadly in BGs. I kind of miss my non-vamp build with Accelerate sometimes but mist form is just too OP not to use, especially with this set. I dropped jesus beam favor of using a timed PL/Crescent for execute. Takes getting used to without the ranged element but the toughness makes up for it. Still really wish they could extend Crescent's AoE by like 1 meter...

The only thing I can't decide on is whether to use Vamp Bane or Elemental Drain. All other skills are non-negotiable. I know everyone always says Drain is best, but this build really excels at AoE, not single target, and I don't need the extra mag sustain. Bane is my only source of Major Prophecy, and that affects all targets, not just one. Still, I could be convinced if there's something I'm not considering.

Nice work! I like how you have adjusted and modified the template to fit your needs. Your version demonstrates the value of Imperial (and next patch Dunmer as well)- that you can forego building stamina and run such builds.

In regards to your dilemma, personally the skill I would drop for Ele Drain is Charge since I don’t value gap closers that much. But I know that is non negotiable for you, and in that case I would recommend just sticking to Vampire’s Bane. It is absolutely essential to Magplar as it provides you a core layer of pressure to round out the class’ damage profile, as well as Major Sorcery. With as much sustain as you are rocking, there’s no need for drain as far as sustain goes. You just lose Breach, but you can live without that.
    @CyrusArya I noticed you don't use PL at all.
    Do you miss the burst from it?

No because my raw damage and pressure is so high. I truly built my Magplar to play like my Stamplar, and was inspired to do so because of the glorious Crescent Sweep 🌙.
    Snatchez wrote: »

Any chance your gonna release that sorc build?

Already did, it’s on my channel along with some gameplay video. But here:
    https://youtu.be/_2U02Lrv8IE
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the reason I use charge is because I'm a spaz when I play and it helps me center on a target better lol. Plus it's my only CC.

Good call about Vamp Bane, my thoughts exactly.
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    Anything you are thinking on changing next week with the build? Do you think Solar Barrage would find a space on a bar? Any of the new sets worth swapping in place of Spinners?

Thanks
    Feannag
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feannag wrote: »
    Anything you are thinking on changing next week with the build? Do you think Solar Barrage would find a space on a bar? Any of the new sets worth swapping in place of Spinners?

Thanks

Solar Barrage looks promising but I have to test it in a real PvP environment to see if it’s worth dropping a skill for. Most likely I will make a different build entirely to incorporate it in. For this build, the one change I’m pretty set on is replacing Spinner’s for Auroran’s Thunder.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • roarr
    roarr
    ✭✭✭
    How does this build work in BGs?
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    roarr wrote: »
    How does this build work in BGs?

This build was specifically designed for open world solo and small scale, but if you go the previous page another player modified it for BGs and found success with it. I personally like Spinners/Shacklebreaker/War Maiden+Transmutation+Willpower Destro (Lightning or Inferno) in battlegrounds.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a similar setup, but with Soulshine and Zaan most of the time. Either that, or I run War Maiden with it. For solo, I survive way better in Soulshine to be honest. I tend to slot Radiant Glory and just lazily walk around and execute things when I'm too lazy to work those old hands too much. When Zaan procs and you beam at the same time - Star Wars! LOL
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    Even for scalebreaker patch it look still great but i was wandering if it could be better i was thinking to change Skoria for thurvokun
    "Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
    Pc-Na